The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Jrbak7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 29

Holy crap. She just texted me. I still want this girl back. Please any advice. Should I turn and run like my mind had said I should? Or do I think about giving this a shot? Or do I play coy and just keep the convo short and sweet for a few days/weeks? What do I do now?!?!

Jrbak7

Don Juan
Reaction score
The message said that she misses my dog and hopes I'm well.

I decided it's best to delete it. I'm treating this like a rom-com. She's a fun girl, but she's not someone that I could realistically be with. We already knew this from the backstory, if you followed. If she reaches out after day 60 I will be receptive. Or if she threatens harm to herself I will get her parents involved. The thought that that's a possibility is only proof that I shouldn't be with this girl.

My most trust eat source told me that I should wait at least 6 months before I think about contacting her. And if she doesn't reply then I know. He said I have to make sure I've healed completely before I try. And I have to make sure she knows I won't tolerate this "don't contact me" ... "How are you?" Back and forth bull. We can communicate when it's convenient for both of us. Not when you think you can get something out of it. Finally, we both have had to change, and that doesn't happen overnight. As of now, we're both not compatible and I'd be ruining my life if I tried otherwise.

DrivingBackwards

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 28

JrBak, you made the right call. The 60 days is about you first, and not a tool to get your ex back. Plus her text isn't anything of substance. In my opinion, she is throwing out a breadcrumb to find out if you're still on her string.

Not responding sends a strong message. You are showing her that you are in control and that reconciliation will, if ever, happen on your terms only. You will not be the weak minded push-over that she manipulated you into being.

Good job, man! We are commited to this so don't bail on us now, haha!

Anyway, things are looking great for me. I took a huge risk in my professional career that, if pays off, will propel me probably 2-3 years ahead my original plan. I'm pretty damn excited. There is a possibility of it falling through, so fingers crossed.

The risk taking actually took my mind off everything with my ex. I think that maybe I didn't have enough going on in my life which was causing me to think excessively about my ex. I need to keep challenging myself and putting myself in uncomfortable situations!

I'm feeling really good about all my progress. My gains in the gym are solid, my confidence is mostly on point, and my career is about to take off (hopefully, haha).

I'm going to take a reprieve from alcohol for a while. I find that while the nights are fun, my anxiety tends to run high the several days following. It sucks but oh well. The anxious feeling is not really worth it.

edit: JrBak, I also like the advice your friend gave you. Good stuff. Something for me to think about as well.

Peterholm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ex NC

Hey guys

I went LC (low-contact) on my ex after I got dumped but the problem is I bump into her alot, I try to be friendly and she is trying to keep me around as a friend which I made it very clear im not interested in. She reached out a couple of times and I tried to make a date but she made BS excuses so then I went full NC.

My ex started seeing some guy so I lost interest in her and I met another nice girl. I went out at the club (3 months later) and I saw my ex there and she was staring at me ALOT and sent a text saying I look good in my shirt. I regret this afterwards but I saw my ex going out to the smokewindow and I told the girl I was with I be back soon and left and started talking with my ex. Told her I care alot about her etc and we started kissing, I asked her if she cares about me at all and she said yes of course and she had the look on her face she used to when she was in love with me.

Tried to get her home but she made excuses shes tired and wants to go home, then made some flirty comments when I started grabbing her boobs saying: "I want you to get hard for me".

I looked at my phone and saw the other chick had bombarded me with texts and I was drunk so I decided to leave it and told her to text me during the week and left. No text from her, saw her at the gym 4-5 days after and she was SUPER flirty, was my birthday day after and I was confident and told her to be there in a hot dress and gave her a kiss on the mouth and she didnt turn her head to give me the cheek.

Day after on my birthday she wrote me happy birthday on skype, told her the plans for the night and she said shes tired and had a long week and didnt show up, huge flake in other words. I should have just went back to NC but I ran into her some days after and went up to her and asked if she wanted to grab a drink some day and she said not these days shes busy, told her to let me know when her schedule is free and walked off then.

Im posting this because I wonder, how should I have acted at the club? Should I just have ignored her text completely and kept having fun with the girl I was with? Should I have texted her the day after or should I have waited for her to reach out to me again?

Truth told im still a bit hung up on this girl, but its pathetic and I realise it, im a good looking guy with high social proof and I do get laid with girls. My ex have not done enough to earn me back, but im serving my self on a silver platter sometimes... its really hard when you cared about someone so much.

Been 3 months since breakup now, started with LC and now im gonna try NC, only problem here is that I bump into this girl on regular basis, at nightclubs or at the gym/grocery store etc since its a small city.

Should I just change approach completely and just smile and say hi when I see her? I normally always keep some sort of conversation and ask how shes doing etc out of respect, but shes so immature and takes me for granted. I guess I want her back for my ego, and the sex was beyond amazing so if I just get her laid im happy because then she will come back 100%.

Anyway, if anyone has any input on this let me know, did anyone try to almost fully ignore ur ex in real person aswell? I mean just give her a stare, smile a bit and walk away without even saying anything just to make a point that she should stop bull**** you around and take you for granted?

Im now back to COMPLETE NC, day 2 since this post.

Thanks guys.

Cejay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Peter,

What is your desired outcome? Is it to be back with this chick or over her?

CJ

Cejay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jrbak7,

You handled that well. No good can come from replying to that. She wanted to see if she could get your attention.

You're a high quality man, in demand, and you don't have time for yesterdays news.

CJ.

Peterholm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cejay said:
Peter,

What is your desired outcome? Is it to be back with this chick or over her?

CJ
I want her back, the reason she dumped me was because I went abroad without her for a month and we started arguing a bit and she lost a bit feelings. I started chasing her and acted weak after she dumped me and now things are the way they are.

She definately still have feelings left though, when shes about to lose me she gets really interested, but the moment she knows she can have me she loses interest which seems to have happened now... I know she is dating/seeing other guys and im seeing other girls. Im fine with the possibility to lose her forever as I already made my mind clear on that, but I would like to know what the best possible method would be to get her back (obviously NC like thread suggests), but also how to react when meeting her at public places or at clubs especially when drunk.

Thanks

Jrbak7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks cejay. Always helps to hear others validating the progress. I started reading the power of now by Elkhart tolle. It's pretty heavy stuff. Separate the ego and mind from thought and reach another level of consciousness. I am open to deep spiritual stuff and recommend others to try it if their mind is open to it. That and meditation seem to be helpful.

I really caved the second I got that text for about 20 minutes. And then this afternoon for about 20 minutes. But in all, I'm seeing that I deserve so much more out of life than to be with a BPD woman with many insecurities. I'm hopeful she'll change, and I know I have a place in her heart. So the next 6-8 months are about me. When that's over if I'm still single, I might reach out just to make sure she's doing well. And I'm confident that if she were in a relationship it would t bother me. I realize that I'm not better than her, I'm just different in a lot of positive ways.

I don't need social proof. In fact I think game is dumb. If I need a lay I'll play along and win a plate for the night. But really I enjoy the company of authentic people. And right now I have two attractive blondes pining for me. Despite my vulnerability and what would turn most into Beta, I have two incredibly genuine and sweet girls into me. Both hotter than my ex too.

I will never know why she texted, and I refuse to infer. If I were, I'd just leave it at some self serving purpose. I have too much life to live to worry about that dirty laundry. Onward and upward gents! Stay strong!

Jrbak7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Driving,
Good stuff buddy. Good luck with the career projections! Let's keep at it so we can compare results. My gym results keep improving and my cardio is way up. A couple weeks of super setting volume over heavy really pushed it to another level.

Fire star, welcome aboard buddy. Stay strong. Trust the process, focus on you. If nothing else, just take a step and stay moving. I guarantee you'll be better soon. I'm at day 31 and it feels like years ago. I'm actually thankful for this breakup now. It's provided so much perspective in such a short time. It's really preparing me to be the man I need to be in life. Granted, I'd love to be with his woman for the rest of my life, but, the universe has a plan and if I stick to bettering myself then I can fulfill my destiny.

Peter,
It sounds like you're young. If that's the case and she isn't your first, I think you need to take a long hard look at why you're hung up on her. Romance is fabricated. It is an addiction just like drugs. She has nothing different than any other woman you can meet. The only difference is that she knows your secrets and you have emotional intimacy with this woman. You can have that in short time if you remain open, honest and focus on improving yourself. You have to think about you as much as possible!
Now. If I'm off and you aren't still college aged. I would suggest taking to the 60 day NC period. Relinquish control to life and just live in the moment. You can get through it. You are strong enough! After 60 days you can always try the friends route. All good relationships start as friends. When I say friends I mean that, don't be her doormat, play by your rules. Stick to the devil may care attitude and be alpha, and eventually, she might become available again. But right now you have to ignore her completely to heal yourself. Not to re attract her, that is one potential benefit, but the important thing is that you realize it's not a guarantee and your life being fulfilled is. With or without her. You got this bro! Stay strong!

Jrbak7

Don Juan
Reaction score
And if you are young. I say cut all contact and move on completely. Never give her a second chance. My first love and I did limbo for years. And it took years to recover. This current ex is my first adult relationship. And I took about 5 years off after college bc I was so hurt and lost. I found me, dated this one, and lost me. In 30 days I've learned more about me than I did the entire 18 months with this she-B****. Point being- what's your goal in life? I'm guessing stable job, house, kids, wife. If so, move on. You can have that with any woman you want. You just have to better yourself and find the right one that gets you. This girl might get you, that doesn't make her right. ... One other thing. I know im pouring a lot out tonight. I heard something that really resonated with me:

The only person that can complete you, is you.

You have to uncover what about yourself you can't love. And then when you know, make sure you only commit to women that also love themselves. The second you settle for someone that doesn't love themselves, is self serving, or has any malintent manifested in any character trait... It's doomed!

You have to look inward and figure out who you are as a person. Kill off your ego, and embrace exactly who you are supposed to be. Love is really about two secure people that love themselves and share common interests. Romance is dangerous and we're all realizing that now.

Firestar786

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
excellent advice jrbak.

motivational reading your posts... day 5 today and feels bad bro lol.

your absolutely right about romance being dangerous and thats one of the reasons I ended it, as it was affecting other parts of my life.

absolute words of wisdom you write.

DrivingBackwards

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 30

JrBak, good job on deleting the text and maintaining no contact. Not going to lie there have been moments that I've thought about texting my ex. You being on here and being only 1 day ahead of me actually does motivate me to keep going with no contact! I think to myself how I could break it to you if I contacted my ex... especially after we've both given each other advice and support. Kind of lame but, hey, it helps! haha. So yes, I'm looking forward to comparing results.

Anyway, I really only logged on to respond to JrBak. But quickly on my progress. Halfway, wow! I've tried the NC before a couple of times. The first I only made it a week. The second only a few days. This time I'm going to make it.

To anyone struggling with the NC. Keep at it. When you are feeling particular vulnerable and you feel like you must reach out to your ex. Remember that your emotions are betraying you because romance really is like an addiction. The most successful to break an addiction is to go cold turkey and to be realistic about the journey ahead. Occupy your free time as much as possible for the first 2-3 weeks. After 3 weeks it gets easier to say no to the urge to reconnect. The logical part of your mind gets stronger and can beat down those emotional/irrational thoughts.

Lastly, post here if you're feeling like you might crack. We got your back, and want to see you be a better man. We are all on the same mission.

Again, 30 days. Halfway. Feels pretty damn good!

Solvents

Reaction score
Newcomer here

Hey everyone. Ive been lurking here for a couple of days, and felt that it was time to come forward and tell my story. It is incredibly long, and I'm sure this thread isnt intended for the epic that I'm about to unfold, but i feel that I need to get it out, and this is the best way to do it, so here it goes..

So my ex and I have known each other off and on since high school (roughly 11 years) which is when we first started dating. When we first met, she was the one that made the initial approach about dating, and we did for roughly 2 years. Inbetween that time we had a very intimate, but rocky relationship. In all honesty it was me that was making the mistakes that caused the relationship on a downward spiral.
It started with another girl that was basically obsessed with me, told me how much she wanted me, and I eventually caved and we slept together. It was just days before my ex and I started dating, and that event followed and corroded our relationship for almost the entirety of our time together.
I did lie about this girl and I sleeping together, and I told her that I only loved and wanted to be with my ex. Even through all of the turmoil that it caused, we still had plans to get a place together after high school, get married, have kids etc. At the time I was pretty outgoing and spent quite a bit of time with my friends, and the days she wanted to see me, I would usually either blow it off (sometimes unintentionally) and see my friends instead of her.
On new years eve of 2005, i decided to spend it with my friends, and that was the last straw. She came over a couple of days later and broke up with me. It was pretty mutual, and she expressed how she tried and tried, and i kept showing a lack of dedication. From that point, she had persued someone else,and we only spoke a couple of times throughout the next few months. I called and wish her a happy birthday (roughly 4 months later) and she thanked me and told me that she would like to meet up sometime after a trip that she was taking (which was with her boyfriend, but she didn't tell me that). After that, we only saw each other 3 times over the course of the next 9 years.
The first time was when she came to visit at my work. She was with an old highschool mutual friend (not the boyfriend) and I took a break have a short conversation with them. She was very touchy feely, and brought up our past quite a few times. I blew it off, said goodbye, and we didn't speak again for maybe a year. The second time was with the same friend, only this time she was also with her boyfriend, and them and her friend meet up with me to just talk. She stayed in the car with him while the friend talked to me, and I eventually saw her staring at me, then making out with her boyfriend.
I'm sure it was an attempt to make me jealous, but I tried not to focus on it, and after about 15 minutes we went our separate ways. The final time was at another job, which was roughly another year later. She knew where I worked, and had a different boyfriend with her. She basically just said hello, and left. She eventually got married to him and had two children with him. After many years, she finds me on facebook, adds me, and between 2013-2014 we start talking off and on for about a year.
She tells me that her husband had neglected her many times through the marriage, and she basically stopped caring about him 2 years ago. They got a divorce in 2012, and she had only been with a handful of men since then. In very early January, we start talking heavily about what we've been doing in the past, and she says that she never got over me. She said she wished I would have faught for her, and things could have been different. That being said, we met up for the first time in years, went back to her place, and I told her everything.
I confessed that I lied to her, and that it was a big mistake. She started crying and I held her telling her that what happened is in the past. After she calmed down she told me aslong as it stays there it will be ok. After a few minutes, she grabs me and we start making out.
From that point, we officially start dating again. We ofcourse go through the puppy love stages, and express our undying love for each other constantly. She sleeps over at my place a few times, I sleep over at hers, and we can't keep our hands off of each other. Not even a month goes by, and she wants me to move in, so I do!.. That might have been the biggest mistake that I made. I gave in too soon, and got comfortable too soon. For the first 3 months we talked heavily about getting engaged, marriage, and basically the same thing that we talked about in high school.
Everything was great.. Then something happened..
I made the stupid mistake of texting my other ex that I had broken it off with months before my highschool ex and I got back together. I texted that I loved her, not intimately, but just in a way that I care about her well being. I texted her that I'm with someone else, and that this girl is very important to me. Well, around March, we talk about my ex a few times, and I pull the horrible mistake of lying and told her that I never speak to her. Sure, it was very seldom, but I still texted her a few times. I made the foolish mistake of putting in my password on my phone with her watching, so one night she felt that I was hiding something, and checked my texts. She told me about it the next day, and I told her it ment nothing. I told her she is the only one for me, and I am completely in love with her.
We were still very intimate throughout the next two months or so, but after that day, something about us did indeed changed. I also started getting lazy and stopped as much attention to her. I was also taking medication for anxiety at the time, and I strongly believe that it was making me simply not care as much about the things around me. She tried for a while to get my attention, asked me to go places etc. I did off and on, and at the end of the day I still kissed her goodnight, and kiss her goodbye in the morning before work. Around may, she started becoming distant. It was after a fight that we had one night and we had a long talk about how we feel for each other. She told me that things were going downhill and that she isn't sure if she wants to marry me anymore.
Basically, we stopped being intimate altogether about 2 weeks before she asked me to move out. We dated for about a week after, and she called me and said that we needed to take a break. We were both in tears, and she said that she would always love me, and even said that the breakup wouldn't last forever. She just wants me to get on my feet, and remain friends with her until things change.
It has now been nearly 3 months since the break up. We've been talking briefly at least once a week, and occasionally meet up for about an hour once every two weeks. We keep it civil and we then hug and go our separate ways. I bring us up every now and then, and mention us getting back together and how I can patch things up. She tells me that we have already talked about it, and that I'm just pushing her farther away by talking about it.
No matter what though, she stills ends up calling once a week, and we still meet. However, after 2 weeks of not mentioning us, I caved and called her one night, and did it again.. This time she said if I keep bringing it up, she may not pick up the phone anymore. We talked about it for 30 minutes, and she told her it was putting alot of stress on her. She said that with her kids, she barely has any time to do anything, and that shes basically done fighting for people (friends as well) because they always neglect her.. So she suddenly said she had to go, and that was it. We haven't spoken in 3 days, and I'm now going no contact.
She has never brought up being with someone, and I'm pretty sure she hasn't started dating again. She has never once said that we would never get back together as well.
So here I am, in shambles, but ready to take it with a grain of salt and move on.
I thank everyone that decided to read this incredibly long story, and I appreciate any and all input that is given to me. I am still deeply in love with her, and hardly find the interest to see anyone else yet. With time, who knows what will happen..

Last edited:

cgr68311

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay so my problem is not so much NC. Hear me out. There this latin club where girls are so easily picked up. Problem is, recently two exgfs that I met there decided to hang out there again. They both know that's my spot. Last year and the year before (respectively) each one of them tried to show up after I did my NC and when they showed up last year I dissuade them from hanging out by either blatantly ignoring them or messing with them. That time that worked and I had the club all again to myself.

But now they are back, each with its own co*ckblocker guyfriend. At least one approached me to tell me that I can dance with her because they are not dating and also told me not to be a stranger. I kept ignoring her. The other ignores me but keeps staring me at me when I am facing in another direction.

I don't think they are there with a hidden agenda. I have my ego but I know the world doesnt revolve around me either. I still do my game and each night I have at least a couple of girls caressing me in front of them but I must admit that I lose some of my libido seeing these ex's which in turn the loss of libido makes me lose interest in new girls. Help.

Jrbak7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Solvents,

It did take a minute to read. Everything in the past is done buddy. That being said, there's a way you can get out of this situation. My approach which seemed to work well for me in helping the move on process is to have "one final talk" and then to do a strict no contact. i would do no more than a couple minutes of chat time. "I need you to understand that I won't screw this up. That I'm mad about you and want another shot. And if you're not willing to give me that, then I will have to move on. Explain that you want her in your life regardless of her decision, but that you will need a period of no contact to help you get over the loss and to move on to he next chapter in your life." Don't rehash any of the issues. Just say, I'm here, take it or leave it.

Then leave it for a few months. Find a point where you can re-initiate contact if you're still wanting to be with her. And write her a letter. Take it casual and slow as a friend. And approach the situation with the mindset of outcome independence. Do not wait around. Your happiness is more important.

Jrbak7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cgr,

I know the feeling. I have a few girls interested in me. But none of them seem good enough bc I'm not over my ex. Even right now, I still want to be with her. knowing how long we fought for, it doesn't make sense. I have a plan, but am not holding my breath. As for other women, I'm just waiting it out for now. I'll be friendly and won't mind casual flings. But I'm not settling down with anyone anytime soon. And I should always have enough libido to get it on for a nightly occasion.

Jrbak7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 33

Well. It gets easier but it doesn't feel better over night. I haven't been able to give up hope of reconciliation. I truly feel that her chapter in my life isn't over yet. I've ignored the text and I'm preparing to reach out for friendship in a few months. But right now I have to focus on me. Spinning plates is losing my interest. I want no strings attached, and these girls all want to string me up. So, I might do single me for awhile. Focus on just having fun and spending time alone. I have a Labor Day trip coming up with the family. That will be nice.

Aside from that, I'm still learning to deal with my feelings. I'm taking responsibility for things I did wrong. And I'm moving on. This day is particularly rough, bc I had a girl around all weekend. I'm just finding I'm not ready to let someone in yet. Not sure if I will be until I know for sure that this chapter is done. Until I exhaust our friendship, which is the only way I would ever move on. If I'm friends with a girl I like, I always either push for a relationship, or cut them out of my life. Soon enough I can try that approach, when things cool off. Maybe 4-5 more months. In the meantime I'll enjoy football season and see if I can't find any skeezy bar flys to bring home on occasion.