The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

HW1984

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 15.....

It's crazy how these swings hit. Fine for a few days then last night and this morning the crazy urge to talk to her. Have date lined up Thursday and another Friday. Getting back out there but I know the whole comparing to her thing will last a bit.

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HW1984 said:
Day 15.....

It's crazy how these swings hit. Fine for a few days then last night and this morning the crazy urge to talk to her. Have date lined up Thursday and another Friday. Getting back out there but I know the whole comparing to her thing will last a bit.
go dude gooo!

gonna start spinning too

xupc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 30 of NC.

I don't give a **** now. Have already a date lined up.

Hold to NC bros. It only gets better.

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 13 and then out of nowhere she sends me a bunch of pics of her with our dog...wtf?

HW1984

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore that sh*t and take the upper hand. She's trying to make you miss the good times and she is missing you and is hurting. She wants to make you hurt too. She is putting up a front and it is to be ignored. If you respond she will know you have not yet begun to move on and she stays in control.

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HW1984 said:
Ignore that sh*t and take the upper hand. She's trying to make you miss the good times and she is missing you and is hurting. She wants to make you hurt too. She is putting up a front and it is to be ignored. If you respond she will know you have not yet begun to move on and she stays in control.
I'll ignore, just surprised she would resort to such games.

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i've done nothing but think about u for the last week.

i dont like to end things in a bad way and i dont like fighting.

just wanted to say i'm sorry for all the times i hurt you and that i wish you all the best.

wanna send that so bad

Backwardsman

Don Juan
Reaction score
beatjunkie said:
i've done nothing but think about u for the last week.

i dont like to end things in a bad way and i dont like fighting.

just wanted to say i'm sorry for all the times i hurt you and that i wish you all the best.

wanna send that so bad
Dont, it will only make things worse. Just think if she doesnt reply, you will be sat there waiting for a text, making your thoughts even worse....

Also, it will feed here ego, and you dont want that, be the man and walk away keeping NC, you have to do this for you, and you only, it will make you stronger in the long run.....

I wrote this a few days ago, read it if you havent already, hopefully it will help:

"A few pointers i have learned over the years -

Your relationship ended because it was meant to, If it wasn't, you would still be together.

A breakup should be viewed positively, learn from it, better yourself for the next one. Think of it as a lesson for yourself.

Most, if not all relationships these days are some form of emotional attachment to someone, like a drug, when the drug (girlfriend) is available you are happy etc, when the drug is removed (dumped etc) you want it more and are unhappy - Is this love? i dont think so......

further to my point above, NC is like going into rehab, getting clean from the emotional attachment you had with this person, and is the best way to heal and make you stronger - Be the man and walk away!

Better yourself, become active, go out with friends, staying in waiting by your phone for a text/call is wasting your life, put your self first, not an ex.

Always look forward, never backwards, you will have plenty more relationships in your life time, trust me.

A quick story before i go.

My first proper girlfriend, went out for over a year, did loads together etc thought she was the one (naive). She ended it, and i was all over the place, texting, showing up at her house, when she went out to clubs i would be there - What do you think this looks like ? loser right.... i cringe looking back at my actions, but in a way gave me lessons on how not to behave after a breakup....

Fast forward to now, my last ex i actually finished 4 weeks ago, going out a year, but she still lived with her ex and no matter how much i asked her to sort it, nothing got done, so i simply ended it, deleted her out of my life and walked away, best thing i have ever done and i feel empowered doing it - She texts from time to time, but i simply ignore, delete and get on with my life.

In a nutshell, Your relationship ended, not your life....... Hope you all get on ok, any questions please ask "

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea backwards man, i acceptt that. i know i will never get her back.

i honestly dont want to leave them as they are. feel like a douche...especially because she apologised

Backwardsman

Don Juan
Reaction score
beatjunkie said:
yea backwards man, i acceptt that. i know i will never get her back.

i honestly dont want to leave them as they are. feel like a douche...especially because she apologised
Doesnt matter if she apologised, just leave it, keep your dignity and pride and walk forward :)

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wont send it....regardless of how i feel

this is the hardestt thing i've ever done

end of day 6

Backwardsman

Don Juan
Reaction score
beatjunkie said:
wont send it....regardless of how i feel

this is the hardestt thing i've ever done

end of day 6
It would just be a waste of time mate, i promise you that....

Keep strong, take your mind of things as its your thoughts that do the most damage, thinking about her all day will make your body react negatively, thats why you feel so down.

Your thoughts only exist in your head, not in reality :)

bateman72

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
I SAW MY EX!

Hey guys, I hope you're all coping ok. I just thought I'd drop in to share what happened yesterday.

I was walking through the city and I heard someone call my name as I passed. I turned and saw that it was my ex. It was a situation I had dreaded and I felt my heart start pounding straight away. I've not had any contact with her since October.

We stopped and chatted politely and I maintained my cool. I was friendly and confident. She said she wasn't sure if I'd ackowledge her and I told her "It's all water under the bridge now. It's just part of breaking up, but I hold no hard feelings". We talked about what we've been upto and she said "I have to say, you're looking really good" and she asked to see my tattoo sleeve (which I didn't have when we were together).

I felt great. I've been working out and improving myself since we broke up and I know that I look the best I've looked for a long time. I also managed to maintain a calm and friendly composure, I made a few jokes and then I told her "anyway, I'd better get going as I've got a lot to do, but it's been good to see you" and we parted ways.

It was tense and I won't lie, I've been thinking about her a lot since and I still fvcking love her and miss her, but it felt really good for her to see me as this new and improved version of myself. I'm also glad that I saw her now, when I could be friendly and wish her well, rather than a few months ago when I was still crushed and bitter.

This is why it's important to channel your pain into self improvement. You just never know when you may run into your ex, and for your own sake, it's much better for her to see you looking good, well and happy, than for her to see you as a broken shell of the man she once knew.
jariel:

how did she look compared to your mental picture of her? better? worse?

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BACK to Day 1.

Sorry bros, i emailed her what i said i will. I feel better.

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BACK to Day 1.

Sorry bros, i emailed her what i said i will. I feel better.

HW1984

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 16....

Been thinking about her a lot the last couple of days. Can't get her out of my head. Been staying busy and doing everything I need to do for me. Not thinking about getting back together or anything. Just missing the friendship, joking around and all that stuff. Hope this goes away soon.

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im a fcking wuss. i emailed her an apology. started texting. basically begged her to meet tonight and she said "ok. let me finish it up."

hate myself. fck this ****. i cant believe how weak i am. wtfff. i am a failure with women

svwefbaefbaetbwetn

Pasternak

Don Juan
Reaction score
beatjunkie said:
im a fcking wuss. i emailed her an apology. started texting. basically begged her to meet tonight and she said "ok. let me finish it up."

hate myself. fck this ****. i cant believe how weak i am. wtfff. i am a failure with women

svwefbaefbaetbwetn
Don't be too hard on yourself.

We all did this before and got similar respond. At this point you can only be her emotional tampoo, using you untill she finds someone. Beleive me, you don't want this and I'm pretty sure that next time you won't make the same mistake.

Pasternak

Don Juan
Reaction score
rasj1983 said:
20 days...feeling like S**t :down: ... Working out like i never did it before...
4 months since the breakup and still feeling ****. It's going to be a long way...