The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

mike465

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey KingM

Man I hated when my girl wouldn't talk to me face to face after the break up, in fact we haven't seen eachother face to face or talked on the phone since we were together..

It's stupid because I would have known exactly what to say face to face because I'm a smooth mother****er in person and would've roped her in.

Don't send a birthday text, on her birthday go out with your friends and have a good time. Take your mind off it and have the satisfaction of knowing that you're probably having a better time on her birthday than she is

KingM

Reaction score
Hey mike456

Same goes for me. I think she knew it as well. If I had talked to her face to face, she would cry, give me a hug and kiss and everything wuold be fine. But oh well, things didn't go that way.

She went on total psycho mode, and now has the most ugliest guy ever. Maybe because she can be sure now that no other women will bother too look at him haha!

The NC works fine by my, although sometimes I really miss the talking. When we still were together, I thought sometimes : ooh please shut up I want to watch a movie. But now I miss that kinda.. Strange!

Faldero456

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have just spent two days reading the whole ”The *No Contact* Challenge!” post. Boy I am glad that I found this place. I feel like it is 4 years too late. Better late then never. I was just dumped after a 7+ year relationship. I need to get this off my chest so please forgive me if this is a little long winded. Here’s my story.

I was separated from my wife. That relationship was over and done with. There was no reconciliation possible.

I met this woman socially. She’s 18 years my junior. I thought no chance in hell is this; beautiful, attractive, young woman would be interested in the old divorced guy. After a few months of knowing her, I asked her out on a date. She accepted. We went on a few dates and I was smitten. I then perused her with a vengeance. I showered her with attention. I wouldn’t let up. In the end we became a couple. Things were great. I fell hard and I fell fast. Yes I was in love.

Two or three years later, one December, she just dropped off the map. We were having a rough time. No big fights or crap like that, just a rocky time together. One day she called and talked. No hint, no nothing, no big fight. Then whoosh. She was off the map. She had put me on NC. I went crazy. Couldn’t sleep, eat or concentrate at anything.

After reading ”The *No Contact* Challenge!”, I now know that I broke every rule there is. I bombarded her, her phone, her email and every possible means of contacting her. I tried every way I could to contact her. I wouldn’t let her go.

I knew her schedule. So after am month I went to see her. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I did it. We talked. I should say I begged, pleaded, groveled. I know, I know. “Grow a pair.” But do you know what. I got her back. We were dating again. We were a couple.

I am an expat living over seas. She met my family when they visited here. Everything was great. I am a single dad, with custody of my son. She likes him, he likes her. This is important as a single Dad that a woman I go with is cool with my son. She has 3 kids. I like them too. I like that type of **** loud, big crazy family.

Zoom forward to this year. It was February or March of this year. Things got ****ed up. I was too stressed with work. I couldn’t relax at all. Started taking out my frustration on her and everyone else. I was a ****. I was probably after those six weeks that things were done. But we hung it out. Stayed together. But everything was different. Something had changed with “US” It wasn’t the same.

Looking back, I now realize I wanted out, but I didn’t have the balls to break it off. I was being a *****. I forced her to break it off by my actions.

I thought she was different from other woman. She didn’t play “those” games. Boy was I wrong.

She started talking about taking a break as she was depressed. She didn’t want to be with me. She didn’t want to be with anyone. She said she wanted to be alone. No dating or significant other. But she still wanted me to be part of her life. I was her crutch. So I stuck around. I tried to get her back to “that” place with us. That was for three or four months. I tried what I could to work things out. It wasn’t going to happen. We kept together. Saw each other regularly. We had sex. Yes the sex was great. She was very open in bed.

I only recently found out, that the time she wanted to be alone, was spent grasping at the next branch. After she got hold, firmly, of the next branch did she tell me LJBF. I fell for it.

Once again I perused her with a vengeance. This time she wasn’t buying. Oh, yes she has kept me around. We still had sex. Kept our communications open. If she needed help, she’d call me. If she had some “emotional” problem. She’d call me. Yes I was her emotional tampon. I was there for her.

I knew things were funky. But I couldn’t figure it out. She kept sending me mixed signals. She wanted to be alone. She always called me for help about one thing or the other. Then she’d go cold. Then we’d have a night together, and then sex and I would think things are getting back to normal. Then it would start all over again.

Yes I was helping her out financially. I now see that the last 6 weeks was her interest in my wallet and not me. She feigned interest in me to keep the gravy trough flowing.

I have now woken up after reading all 112 pages of ”The *No Contact* Challenge!”.

As of 3:25pm Friday July 5 2013, I am on full NC. I did send one last text.

“I asked you to give me my space. Please respect my wishes. Do not contact me again.”

So it has been two days NC. I see that this the way I have to go. I tried the LJBF for 4 to 6 weeks. Every time I would see her I’d feel ****ty after. I did every thing wrong. I stalked her FB. I flooded her email, texts, voice mail with messages.

Time to grow a pair and stop being such a *****.

I am 48 years old and should be able to move on like an adult. But I really, really fell hard for this woman. I thought she was the “one”. Yes I was in love. I still am in love.

It is time to make this NC work. So, today is the start of day 3.

This really sucks. I am tired of crying. I am tired of rehashing what I did wrong. The what if’s. If my Aunt had balls she’d be my Uncle. I am still wishing that she’d send me 1 message so I could ignore it.

Any words of wisdom or sage advice would be greatly appreciated.

Faldero456.

Last edited:

mike465

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Faldero

Good to see some new people here to help eachother out

Keep sending your updates man, I've realised that I'm actually quite far out of her league. Yeah I liked her and everything but man I could've been doing better. It's like I just grab the first chance I get with anything. Oh well, the NC continues

KingM

Reaction score
We can't let our psycho exes ruin our lives right?

Your ex will check up on you in some way, some time. And it really kills them too see that you are doing great and having an awesome time. So we just have too make sure we can be happy with ourselves and without them.

Cause when you think about it, is she really worth all the bull****?

In the case of my ex, she isn't. I was good for her, did everything. And all I got back is some ugly feather broom looking guy banging her right now.

Time too work on a 2.0 version of myself. And when the time comes she checks up on me, I will be awesome and she will be confused about it!

mike465

Don Juan
Reaction score
Faldero456 said:
Mike

You're not "out of her league." she is not in yours. Her loss. Not yours

Faldero456

haha that's what I mean! I'm out of her league aka I'm better than her :yes:
There are hotter girls than her that are interested, it's just I liked her for some reason. But hey, it doesn't matter, there will be many more and I'm sure there will be a lot more drama, I'm only 20!

KingM,
that's true man, it hurts and annoys me to see her doing well and happy, especially on days when I'm not. But I'm sure she has times when she thinks about me, and I want her to see me as successful and happy when she does, that way I'll be spurred onto bigger and better things

Faldero456

Don Juan
Reaction score
But I'm sure she has times when she thinks about me, and I want her to see me as successful and happy when she does, that way I'll be spurred onto bigger and better things
That is what I am thinking

Faldero456

Don Juan
Reaction score
One text. One phone call. I ignored them both.

Good start.

Pat on the back to me.

Then why does it hurt so much?

I really wish I had found this place sooner. Then I’d already be at my 60 days.

Sorry for so many posts so quickly. A poster once said,

“poster here if you feel then need to contact her.”

I am going to follow that rule.

Get ready for a lot of two line posts.

:nervous:

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 31 for me ! Just over half way... sweet.... I'm seriously starting to look at things differently now. I am looking at all the things she did wrong instead of what I did. I feel like telling her I wouldn't touch her with a pole even if I was payed to lol. Don't get me wrong though, I still do miss her at times - but it is definitely starting to fade. I've just been constantly going out with my mates and enjoying myself.

Remember guys - It is her loss. NOT YOURS. You must believe that to yourself as well. It helps soooooooo much.

fuko2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well day 38.

Guess im going to hit my reset button for the challenge. I got another message saying about how she was in a bad place etc etc so i texted back out of concern for her own safety and we talked on the phone. Dont know how that plays into the rules if your afriad someone might hurt them selves or not or if its an exception. Anyway she went on to say why she unfriended me on fb bc it was not good for her to look at my profile etc then when i asked how she had been doing she said ok. I was like WTF why would ytou be sending me all this stuff about your in a bad place etc? And guys thats the only reason i talked to her. But now i feel as i have lost a battle and now i look weak. She knew i would call once she said that so i was set up! I'm so angry with my self right now i dont know what to do. Back to square one now.

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't like her, and don't see a future then who cares ? I'm sure she has plenty of others who she could call. If it was me I'd just ignore it. She's trying to play you along....

fuko2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
adam225 said:
If you don't like her, and don't see a future then who cares ? I'm sure she has plenty of others who she could call. If it was me I'd just ignore it. She's trying to play you along....
Yeh your right. Thats one of my flaws is i care about people to much. Dont get me wrong im not a pvssy but i care about their wellbeing. And coupled with the fact i still have some feelings for her thats why i gave in i guess. But day one again i guess? shouldnt be as hard this time.

j0504s

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ConcernedLauries Bed w/ olivia...NY/SoFlo
fuko2007 said:
well day 38.

Guess im going to hit my reset button for the challenge. I got another message saying about how she was in a bad place etc etc so i texted back out of concern for her own safety and we talked on the phone. Dont know how that plays into the rules if your afriad someone might hurt them selves or not or if its an exception. Anyway she went on to say why she unfriended me on fb bc it was not good for her to look at my profile etc then when i asked how she had been doing she said ok. I was like WTF why would ytou be sending me all this stuff about your in a bad place etc? And guys thats the only reason i talked to her. But now i feel as i have lost a battle and now i look weak. She knew i would call once she said that so i was set up! I'm so angry with my self right now i dont know what to do. Back to square one now.
Buddy,

She is not your responsibility anymore, you are not an emotional tampon either, so dont act liek it....welcome back to Day1, do it right this time!!!!! we got your back!

fuko2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Its nice to know some other people are out there that understand. I dont like talking about it with my friends any or my family. To bad everone on SS cant throw down some money and we all rent out a resort or something and rage out one weekend so we could all get up haha.

KingM

Reaction score
fuko2007 said:
Yeh your right. Thats one of my flaws is i care about people to much. Dont get me wrong im not a pvssy but i care about their wellbeing. And coupled with the fact i still have some feelings for her thats why i gave in i guess. But day one again i guess? shouldnt be as hard this time.

It's good that you care for the wellbeing of people. But there is a reason you are in the NC **** with her right? Keep reminding yourself about that reason. She isn't worth your kindness mate!

Just total indifference, it might be the most difficult too do. But it's the best. Go and live YOUR life. Let her live her ****ty little life without a guy like you!

j0504s

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ConcernedLauries Bed w/ olivia...NY/SoFlo
KingM said:
It's good that you care for the wellbeing of people. But there is a reason you are in the NC **** with her right? Keep reminding yourself about that reason. She isn't worth your kindness mate!

Just total indifference, it might be the most difficult too do. But it's the best. Go and live YOUR life. Let her live her ****ty little life without a guy like you!
here are two good reminders.....

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2031275#post2031275

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=203379

fuko2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KingM said:

thanks man. huge point you got there lol. Ive been thinking all day about the reason we dont see eachother anymore. Her choice to not to and for some reason she deletes me off of fb and says its not good for her to look at my profile etc, and she is in a bad place. I should never have of said anything and left it alone

mike465

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh ****, she uploaded a photo of herself on facebook. I saw it, thought it was hot, and then tried to scroll up (on my iphone) and accidentally hit 'like'. Stupid thing was, she was online at the time so I couldn't exactly 'unlike' it without her noticing so I decided to just stick with it, so back to Day 1 for me. How unlucky