The Loveshack/SoSuave Discussion [Merged Threads]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Yes FdA, you are sometimes quite wise. ...
Every once in a while I say something that everyone can understand.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Every once in a while I say something that everyone can understand.
Or agree with. Somehow though I think some people still won't understand or agree with it, but I take it, it wasn't for their consumption anyway :D .

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Señor Fingers said:
LOL.. For starters, most fellas really dont need help in that department. If there is one word I would use to describe most SoSuavers, it is lost and confused.

Yeah I get you Fingers, most guys here are lost and confused idiots. This whole site is idiotical isn't it? I mean it has to be because it's mostly made up of guys. And few guys are clued in as you though. I wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with that, but my point is that confused people have a tendency to misplace their anger and create drama over the doggone silliest sh*te.

Put yourself on the other side of this.

Imagine you are talking about pedicures, economics and cheating husbands when all of a sudden an ARMY of alpha males just rolled up and dropped the anti-feminism bomb on you and started sniffing your crotch looking for fruity pies and sh*t. You probably wouldnt be too happy.. (unless you like that kinky sh!t)

Anyways my point is this. If we are grounded in ourselves as MEN, then why even take this crap seriously? It's forum DRAMA, yall. Many of you make fun of women for acting like this!

I wont stop saying it. It's time to RELAX my brothers.
OK you're right it's a waste of time talking about male/female dynamics with women. It's not going to really get you anywhere. But didn't I already say this? Maybe you weren't talking to me, but I think you're wrong in your tone to put blame and put all fault on the the guys. And I don't think any of them were confused and angery. Just don't be a hypocrite and phony. You went over there too and they ripped you a new a-hole. What makes you any different? I think I'm relaxed enough btw.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kamille said:
I think it's good to have a space where men can discuss issues they face in their love-sex lives with other men. I am impressed by how candid some of the posts in the other sections are.

I also don't think there was any need to flame or bash LS, which is just a different kind of forum, where men and women discuss relationships. No one is forcing anyone to be on either forum.

If you think someone from LS could benefit from participating in this forum, then you could have simply said: hey, why don't you check out Sosuave? There wasn't any need to belittle LS's male poster's sexuality, or paint LS female posters as angry man-haters.

No one is delusional and in need of rescuing. We are on advice forums because we have chosen to do something about events in our lives that bothered us. As such, posters should always be treated as rational adults, whether you agree with their points of view or not.
I have a STRONG feeling that some of the women in LS has hooked up with some of the males. Not an advice Forum...but more of a "hooked up" Forum.

Forum like that do NOT help men that need an opinion...because some of the men will tarnish their advice to get "the love" from some of the women (especially if he wants to get laid and is an AFC).

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In this thread I've been mostly defending SS against the more common Loveshack accusations, but now I'm going to criticize Loveshack again, and I'd like input from the LSers who want to respond.

Loveshack is not a site that caters for everyone, all sexes, all colours (like SS doesn't?) etc. It is, as I've said before, a womans site run by women, for women and should make that clear. Don't worry, you'll still get plenty of new male members who will think 'yeah, who could know more about women than women? I'll post here!'

Yes it has male members, and you may not like us dismissing them, but they are only allowed to stay if they if they never challenge you (Daniel Madr seems an odd exception - maybe he's your token manly man). As Rollo and Quicksilver said, and was my experience also, you can be as non-offensive as you like, presenting ideas and reason, and you will be eventually caught in a flame-trap or flagged for nothing (mentioning I had a girlfriend got me an infraction) and booted out.

I've seen serious threads by poor old Woggle which are immediately derailed by off-topic bull**** to avoid subjects you don't want to discuss. There is no real debate on male/female relations, and plenty of female advice that is contradicted by the member's own past.

I have noticed, since our merry raid, more 'don't be a doormat' advice, which is a start, but until you genuinely allow men to advise things you may wish don't work but do - in the same way you recommend playing hard to get with the girls - your site will be as dogmatic as you accuse this site of being, and you/the mods denying the posters a variety of advice, plus stopping female members from seeing things from another angle, whether they agree or not.

But to end on a positive note, I like being able to see the members faces occasionally. Kamille, you're no UG2 (or whatever) to me, I thought you were pretty cute. And even poor old Lizzie, I thought 'Hmm, you know before that hairloss I bet she wasn't a bad looking woman - seriously!

And looks aside, and to repeat myself, I think plenty of you are smart cookies and can often spell better than some of us over here...

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
This is the number one reason you can't have a reasonable conversation with a woman. If you try to, the sequence events that follows is invariably this:

1. Guy makes a well reasoned, logical point.

2. Girl gets mad and twists it all into being personal attacks, misunderstands/misconstrues his argument and accuses him of being a mysoginst etc.

3. Guy is like WTF, tearing his hair out at the insanity.

4. Girls is totally churned off by the guy and walks away from him to be fvcked later on by another guy who has the good sense to not do #1.

Rollo, your post about covert/overt communication totally covered this dynamic thoroughly.
So true. But this is mostly the case with 'lib-er-al' women, the kind that talk about empowerment and **** like that. Find you a good little conservative one who'll defer to the man and keep her mouth shut then you won't have to put up with the back talk and nonsense.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
I wonder how the carbon copy of this over on LS is doing? Very similar threads on different sites should be a good barometer of attitudes both here and there.
All 12 pages have just been deleted. Pretty good barometer of attitudes I guess.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
All 12 pages have just been deleted. Pretty good barometer of attitudes I guess.

That's what gets me. Deleting a 12 page thread people put time and thought in, and the mods just delete it like silent communist censors. I mean they could just lock it and it'd get buried fast anyway. I don't know how the people even the women at LS tolerate that. I think how the site is run is as much the problem as anything.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AW, shoot.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
And there are people who believe that the two have enough similarities to create some type of synergy. :rolleyes: They are different as night and day in ideology and approach for a reason, they fit a a specific need for specific types of people. To think the two are the same is just silly.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Here's a primer for all of our LS visitors:

Feminine Operative Social Conventions
For my money this thread is bar none the most valuable thread on SoSuave. You can distill a great deal of social behavior in both men and women down to these conventions which serve the feminine. They're often an integral part of the underlying dynamic taking place.

I think far too many people will dismiss the importance of these conventions, however, because there's not enough tits, explosions, or drama involved in discussing their mechanics. That, and people's ego investment in them is too strong to consider they even exist. But, most of the time they are the primary influences driving the unenlightened male's behaviors - both in interactions with the opposite sex and in the premise on which he structures his reality.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know much about LS. I went there a few days ago after I read a thread about it here at sosuave. When I read about the raid it was actually kind of funny although I didn't participate in it. I can't say anything about LS because I only skimmed one thread over there (the one in which some poster had a name similar to a member on this site) but I can speak about sosuave. This site is not perfect, there are a lot of people who post here. Some are bitter but they are in the minority. Most of us want to learn how to improve ourselves which includes our relationships with women. Even the most experienced man can still learn something new about human nature.

And as far as self improvement goes, we learn from experience (at least I have) that you do not reward bad behavior. I'm a patient man, and understanding of people. That said I do not allow people to walk all over me. I used to be more permissive or tolerant of certain things than I used to be. In large part that change has come about from being a member of this site. If a person doesn't deserve your time then there is no need to waste it on them. This becomes even more important when looked at through the lens of the relationship between men and women, the sexual dynamic. It is indeed true that a man must demonstrate his self worth not just to women but to himself, to everyone. That's a matter of self respect. And when you lay down some ground rules of what you will and will not accept things become a lot easier, you weed out those who do not fit your criteria or standards. Being selective is a good thing because it means you will not settle for less than what you are worth. If a woman truly wants to be with me she has to demonstrate it through respect for what I believe in just as I must for her.

Also, I enjoy working out. This site has helped me keep track of my fitness goals. I spend a lot of time down in Health and Fitness (H&F), getting advice from the other members has helped to keep my workouts fun and exciting. I workout because I like being healthy, I like the way I look and the strength, speed, energy and endurance that I have. :up: Getting compliments from women is an added bonus. ;)

The bottom line is not everyone is going to agree on everything whether you are a regular over at LS or a regular here. And it's not right to generalize for those very erasons. Consider the individual voice and point of view, that's what helps to define the open and reasonable minded person in contrast to the narrow minded and hopelessly lost one. :yes:

And this last thing: just how many of you LS people are here on sosuave? :D

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
Wow, I'm going over there to post a rant about them deleting threads in hopes they'll ban me, severing all ties with their site. Disgusting for people that put time and effort into writing well thought out, articulate threads that are just winked out of existence.

I had a pretty mature discussion going on there, except for a few minor interjections by Touche and a couple other bandits.

They have a nice setup though ... Delete any threads that challenge the norm and make people think outside the box, and ban any members who question the mods decisions. Hmm?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow that was fast :)

Your account is currently restricted from the forum. If a reason was given by the moderators, it will appear below:
Troll

You may contact us for additional information or assistance in restoring access to the site.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Being_the_Don said:
I don't know much about LS. I went there a few days ago after I read a thread about it here at sosuave. When I read about the raid it was actually kind of funny although I didn't participate in it. I can't say anything about LS because I only skimmed one thread over there (the one in which some poster had a name similar to a member on this site) but I can speak about sosuave. This site is not perfect, there are a lot of people who post here. Some are bitter but they are in the minority. Most of us want to learn how to improve ourselves which includes our relationships with women. Even the most experienced man can still learn something new about human nature.

And as far as self improvement goes, we learn from experience (at least I have) that you do not reward bad behavior. I'm a patient man, and understanding of people. That said I do not allow people to walk all over me. I used to be more permissive or tolerant of certain things than I used to be. In large part that change has come about from being a member of this site. If a person doesn't deserve your time then there is no need to waste it on them. This becomes even more important when looked at through the lens of the relationship between men and women, the sexual dynamic. It is indeed true that a man must demonstrate his self worth not just to women but to himself, to everyone. That's a matter of self respect. And when you lay down some ground rules of what you will and will not accept things become a lot easier, you weed out those who do not fit your criteria or standards. Being selective is a good thing because it means you will not settle for less than what you are worth. If a woman truly wants to be with me she has to demonstrate it through respect for what I believe in just as I must for her.

Also, I enjoy working out. This site has helped me keep track of my fitness goals. I spend a lot of time down in Health and Fitness (H&F), getting advice from the other members has helped to keep my workouts fun and exciting. I workout because I like being healthy, I like the way I look and the strength, speed, energy and endurance that I have. :up: Getting compliments from women is an added bonus. ;)

The bottom line is not everyone is going to agree on everything whether you are a regular over at LS or a regular here. And it's not right to generalize for those very erasons. Consider the individual voice and point of view, that's what helps to define the open and reasonable minded person in contrast to the narrow minded and hopelessly lost one. :yes:

And this last thing: just how many of you LS people are here on sosuave? :D
This was a fabulous post. Just like with any online community (or any community for that matter), you have a good mix of all kinds of people.

I'm glad I got the chance to read your post BtD.

I'm a poster on LS and now I'm an SS poster too!

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Wow, I'm going over there to post a rant about them deleting threads in hopes they'll ban me, severing all ties with their site. Disgusting for people that put time and effort into writing well thought out, articulate threads that are just winked out of existence.

I had a pretty mature discussion going on there, except for a few minor interjections by Touche and a couple other bandits.

They have a nice setup though ... Delete any threads that challenge the norm and make people think outside the box, and ban any members who question the mods decisions. Hmm?
It is really too bad it got deleted. I was in the middle of reading a few pages from the last page when the thread got closed... Would have loved to see what was posted after I took a break from posting.

C'est la vie.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
That's what gets me. Deleting a 12 page thread people put time and thought in, and the mods just delete it like silent communist censors. I mean they could just lock it and it'd get buried fast anyway. I don't know how the people even the women at LS tolerate that. I think how the site is run is as much the problem as anything.
So what's worse, this, or our forum where women can freely post about their problems in, say, our mature man forum where the heading clearly states that the forum is for problems unique to ..... men.

I vote for somewhere in the middle, personally. I vote for doing something really weird.... like only allowing posts that fit the headings. I know, that's WAY out there!

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
$

I was over there under another name had a great conversation going about how women pretty much talk out of there asses and have no moral compass. I got like 60 responses in minutes. It got deleted and I can't log back in right now. told them to cancel my membership.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sosilky said:
I was over there under another name had a great conversation going about how women pretty much talk out of there asses and have no moral compass. I got like 60 responses in minutes. It got deleted and I can't log back in right now. told them to cancel my membership.
lol I can't believe they haven't torched me yet, after all the fvcked up shit I've said.

Status
Not open for further replies.