Not open for further replies.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
To think the two are the same is just silly.
funny how that point was made by a guy with a dollar sign in his sig...

You think that McDonalds would tolerate it if you ran in with a big sign saying that "meat is murder"??

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
They deleted the whole fvcking thread over there!

Fvcking children.

I had really great dialogue going with a few of the more insightful people.

I leave to sit in a tattoo chair for 7 hours and come back to find the thread caput.

It was worth it though. My KARMIC KROSS is out of this world beautiful.

I'll post a snap of it shortly.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These threads are getting deleted at LS?

Is everyone cursing each other out and calling one another b!tches and dogs and slvts and b@stards? Is the discussions over there turning elementary school primal?

This thread is civil. I can't believe it.

We may be a site catered to the masculine, but we don't censor out feminine viewpoints. What does that say about the objectiveness of LS?

Are our post that offensive? What if every forum shared LS's "guidelines"?

Really, really think about that one folks.

Also, to the women of LS; I would love to hear your responses to Rollo's last reply.
What do you think?

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolf said:
There's been a lot of LS users over here recently. I have spoken to some of them who seem to be good people, I hope they aren't secretely planning the apocolypse :eek:
Muahaha... ;)

You have nothing to worry about.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
ThunderMaverick said:
These threads are getting deleted at LS?

Is everyone cursing each other out and calling one another b!tches and dogs and slvts and b@stards? Is the discussions over there turning elementary school primal?

This thread is civil. I can't believe it.

We may be a site catered to the masculine, but we don't censor out feminine viewpoints. What does that say about the objectiveness of LS?

Are our post that offensive? What if every forum shared LS's "guidelines"?

Really, really think about that one folks.

Also, to the women of LS; I would love to hear your responses to Rollo's last reply.
What do you think?
I was being ganged up on by a gaggle of idiots but there were 4 or 5 who had some insight and a valid perpsective, which I enjoyed very much.

LoveShack is all about censorship and intolerance. Neither of which I can afford or waste a second of my time with.

Good riddance. Let them wallow in thier self pitying bullsh!t.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
I think far too many people will dismiss the importance of these conventions, however, because there's not enough tits, explosions, or drama involved in discussing their mechanics. That, and people's ego investment in them is too strong to consider they even exist. But, most of the time they are the primary influences driving the unenlightened male's behaviors - both in interactions with the opposite sex and in the premise on which he structures his reality.
You have to understand the mechanics involved in an effective social convention. The dynamic is such that if even in questioning it, the one questioning becomes vilified and/or marginalized. If a principle is sound, if a belief is sound, if a theory is sound for the better part it will bear up against critical review. It becomes suspect when the thought of critical review is engineered out of the principle. This is what's at issue with social conventions, and this is what's at issue with LS - there simply is no room for critical review by design.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
..You think that McDonalds would tolerate it if you ran in with a big sign saying that "meat is murder"??
Lay off the sake.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to LoveShack.org; an interpersonal [whatever that means] relationship advice and assistance center providing a forum to confront [confrontation not allowed unless from owner of vagina] personal conflicts, promote participation in self-discovery and responsibility [ha!], and to share dating tips [unless they suit men], love advice [ditto], and platonic relationship [friendzone] resources.
I imagine plenty of Loveshackers are annoyed that there comments have been deleted or they can't read a completely inoffensive thread about the two sites... but they know that questioning moderation is an infraction. And they'll suck it up because 99% of the time the moderation suits their little girly tea-party set-up.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to LoveShack.org; an interpersonal [whatever that means] relationship advice and assistance center providing a forum to confront [confrontation not allowed unless from owner of vagina] personal conflicts, promote participation in self-discovery and responsibility [ha!], and to share dating tips [unless they suit men], love advice [ditto], and platonic relationship [friendzone] resources.

Really?

You realize that by posting something like this you discredit what you've been trying to say up till now with regards to your views on LS (and by "you" I mean YOU, no one else on SS).

There are many posters over there that were willing to listen and exchange in the debate.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes really - as I've said repeatedly, any form of confrontation, be it regarding personal beliefs or humorous mockery, is only allowed from women to men. There are a couple of exceptions, but generally the guys that dare any kind of questioning or confrontation of women or the prevailing mindset get infraction points for being 'offensive' (if thine eye offends thee..) or the girls just hijack the thread with off-topic pickle jokes.

Why else was Rollo banned three times? Or any of the other members that never insulted anyone, despite the endless provocation and inability to discuss things 'interpersonally'?

And how does that opinion discredit anything I've said?

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
This is what's at issue with social conventions, and this is what's at issue with LS - there simply is no room for critical review by design.
What's worse is that you don't even need to openly criticize these ideas. Say anything that is remotely conflicting even in jest and they not only ban you, but delete all your posts.

Not once did I flame or disrespect anyone, but they just gave me the boot without any warning and have deleted random posts where I was just making casual, benign conversation... WTF?

Apparently they don't like excitement or controversy there.. most of the threads are just people agreeing with each other... boooooring.

Whatever, its really their loss at the end of the day. Minus a few notable exceptions, the place has about as much personality as a frozen potato.

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to any LSers lurking here at SS. You may not agree with everything we have to say, but at least you are free to speak your mind or just share a laugh with us.

Probably the biggest advantage is the fact that you dont have to look at that insane asylum pink anymore :cheer:

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Moved to AE...

I'm staying off LS for a while until the mods remove the pine cones from their arses. I'd rather do good and have it stick rather than do good and have it sucked into the LS's A55hole.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
Yes really - as I've said repeatedly, any form of confrontation, be it regarding personal beliefs or humorous mockery, is only allowed from women to men. There are a couple of exceptions, but generally the guys that dare any kind of questioning or confrontation of women or the prevailing mindset get infraction points for being 'offensive' (if thine eye offends thee..) or the girls just hijack the thread with off-topic pickle jokes.

Why else was Rollo banned three times? Or any of the other members that never insulted anyone, despite the endless provocation and inability to discuss things 'interpersonally'?

And how does that opinion discredit anything I've said?
I have no idea why they were banned. I wasn't following the threads at the time (and a great majority have been deleted since).

LS is like any other online community. It's run by moderators who adhere strictly to their guidelines.

I was very disappointed to see the LS/SS thread go.

I see your point, but by labelling LS as a vagina-controlled forum is silly really. There are plenty of women on there that welcome open discussion.

It's kind of like me making certain judgments about SS based on some of your "fresher" members.

Commando

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think the regular threads are bad about infracting over there, take a trip to the ow/om section.

It is a herd mentality, both there and here to a degree.

It pays to watch your words and opinions and learn how to post respectfully.

Also not to get baited into an infraction by finding yourself feeling the need to respond to everyone who throws you a zinger.

Make your point and get out, or led the discussion respectfully. I think that is what they strive for over there.

Is it a perfect forum, no. Is it a perfect forum here, again no.

slowgold

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed Commando. No site is perfect.

What I don't get is why so many on here who hate it, keep insisting on going back over there. Why were they posting to begin with?

scratch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Señor Fingers said:
Apparently they don't like excitement or controversy there.. most of the threads are just people agreeing with each other... boooooring.

Whatever, its really their loss at the end of the day. Minus a few notable exceptions, the place has about as much personality as a frozen potato.

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to any LSers lurking here at SS. You may not agree with everything we have to say, but at least you are free to speak your mind or just share a laugh with us.
I'm an occasional LS poster, and think that the problem in bold above is indigenous to any forum. For example, the sentiment on this board is that only men are allowed to use games and strategies. While none of you will admit it in so many words, look at the threads - any tactic a woman may attempt to arouse a man's interest is met with derision and contempt, while anything effective a man tries (short of outright lying) is applauded.

I agree that actions speak louder than words, but that is true for both genders. There is something highly paradoxical in any internet community intent on driving its membership to real-world social action.

Loveshack tolerates me rolling out my apples of discord, and doesn't try to be something repugnant to its very nature. Both sites should be primarily for people who want to kill time at work, but instead serve as a replacement for a real social life for those who lack the necessary skills.

Both groups can enjoy their acronyms and inside jokes while hunched over the computer all weekend looking for love on myspace. You're equally worthy of mockery.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
scratch said:
Both groups can enjoy their acronyms and inside jokes while hunched over the computer all weekend looking for love on myspace. You're equally worthy of mockery.
I'm totally with you. The point is that here you are free to mock or worship as much as you want. Also, it's worth pointing out that not a single person from LS has been banned, and this thread has not been deleted yet.

Is there a status quo in place here? Of course. For better or worse there are certain ideals that most people here will agree on. But that doesn't mean we don't have our healthy share of debates and yes, even joke at our own expense sometimes.

Why some people get so bent out of shape and take these discussions so personally is just beyond me.

slowgold

Don Juan
Reaction score
Señor Fingers said:
I'm totally with you. The point is that here you are free to mock or worship as much as you want. Also, it's worth pointing out that not a single person from LS has been banned, and this thread has not been deleted yet.

Not so. You recently banned someone who was posting here from LS. So I'm not sure, where you're coming up with the fact that not a single person from LS hasn't been banned.

Right, this thread hasn't been deleted "yet." But it probably will just like the other clone of this thread did.

Please get your facts straight.

Is there a status quo in place here? Of course. For better or worse there are certain ideals that most people here will agree on. But that doesn't mean we don't have our healthy share of debates and yes, even joke at our own expense sometimes.

Why some people get so bent out of shape and take these discussions so personally is just beyond me.

Burrito Supreme

Don Juan
Reaction score
Señor Fingers said:

Care to tell me then why my only thread on here is locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.