The Loveshack/SoSuave Discussion [Merged Threads]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a lot of sh!t on SS, but there's a lot of gold here too. The difference is that we attack the arguments here and discuss things critically rather than just wish it away or pass it off as misogyny.

Lishy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo I agree with everything you said!

If you didnt have the small mindeness of some posters here it would be a fab site!

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Lishy said:
Sure I know

I make him a big T-Bone steak (cooked with nothing on except an apron) I then lay on the bed and wait for the footie to finish (after making sure he has enough cold beers)

Its easy! :crackup:
This is my ideal first date lol.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*C0ckblocks interceptor by sitting down at the table with he and Lishy making small talk and not taking the hint to leave* :p

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lishy said:
Sure I know

I make him a big T-Bone steak (cooked with nothing on except an apron) I then lay on the bed and wait for the footie to finish (after making sure he has enough cold beers)

Its easy! :crackup:

Who do you date, neanderthals?

Oh , no, not good enough...

I want a woman who is stimulating and exciting, and inspires me...

Sorry, it would never work out between us.

Lishy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
Who do you date, neanderthals?

Oh , no, not good enough...

I want a woman who is stimulating and exciting, and inspires me...

Sorry, it would never work out between us.

Damn I will have to re-think my first date strategy!:cry:

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Anyone with even a passing critical remark about anything feminine is labeled a misogynist, without so much as a thought about the point being made. Be offended if you want, but doing so only kills discourse and anything meaningful that might be learned from it.
This is the number one reason you can't have a reasonable conversation with a woman. If you try to, the sequence events that follows is invariably this:

1. Guy makes a well reasoned, logical point.

2. Girl gets mad and twists it all into being personal attacks, misunderstands/misconstrues his argument and accuses him of being a mysoginst etc.

3. Guy is like WTF, tearing his hair out at the insanity.

4. Girls is totally churned off by the guy and walks away from him to be fvcked later on by another guy who has the good sense to not do #1.

Rollo, your post about covert/overt communication totally covered this dynamic thoroughly.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn I will have to re-think my first date strategy!

You'll have to do more than that to win my heart!!!

You have much thinking to do, woman!

I must go for now...

(Interceptor wraps his cape around him , jumps on his stallion, and gallops off into the night.....)

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Lishy said:
Damn I will have to re-think my first date strategy!:cry:
Or just date Neanderthals, like you really want to lol.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lishy said:
You aked me! TWICE!

I replied and get told to stop whining? Is that how you treat the women in your life?

Shame on you!
I'm not sure what I asked you twice. This is how it turned out, is what I'm saying, you're not going to un-do it.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Troops,

My mission for visiting Loveshack was to reach out to the MEN over there. Not EVERY man, but specifically the men who have been crushed under the weight of their own inferiority, their own lack of knowledge of WHO they are, and their frustrating inability to recognize and embrace with PRIDE the positive things that make them A MAN.

It was NEVER an attempt to belittle any woman, but to uplift the MEN who really needed an unadulterated dose of male-pride (in the positive sense). Sure, there are things that any gender can teach a man, but there are SOME things that men are usually BETTER able to learn from OTHER MEN.

Most men "I know" either have not had STRONG,male role models in their life, or simply have had no POSITIVE male role models at all. We live in a culture now where personal accountability, codes of ethics, and emotional self-sufficiency are simply NOT either celebrated OR taught.

But every now and then, in real life, AND on the internet, I encounter men who are reaching and searching for a more specified and concentrated form of instruction on how to be BETTER men. And it is for THOSE men that So Suave stands as a LIGHTHOUSE----shining brightly amidst the darkened storms of confusion that they may have encountered in their lives thus far.

Although, I did know a lot about relationship dynamics before I came here (because I taught it, and STILL teach it almost everyday), this place has added MUCH to my own personal growth as a man. And that's why I'm still here GIVING BACK.

Since the LS Invasion (and PLEASE do not take that term too seriously, for it was meant for nothing more than to couch the event in humor, and to raise the stakes to an exaggeratedly "EPIC" proportion), I have been contacted by numerous male LS members who have been interested in investigating the alternative viewpoints that many of us here have to offer.

This is a site FOR men, but certainly not AGAINST women. And they have seen that here. And they have seen that here, as well. And in MANY other places on this site.

And as each day passes, more men (and some openminded women) are coming to realize that many of us are actually here to share what we've learned for the betterment of BOTH genders, ultimately. Because NOBODY appreciates a better man like a woman wise enough to RECOGNIZE one.

But again, our focus IS on men, and on adding more value to THEIR lives.

Our mission here is to EQUIP men so that they can get the kinds of women and the relationships that they want, and to improve themselves in ALL areas of life. But our mission is also to ARMOR them, as well----so that they are better able to protect their hearts, their minds, and their wallets from the WRONG kinds of mindsets, situations, and women that may come into their lives.

March on.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Let me explain to you why LS is a dead end. LS is an echo chamber. The members (at least the more established ones) there aren't interested in learning, or growing or understanding anything that doesn't fit into their Carl Jung, pop-psychology ego-investments. I'm not starting this post off like this to be incendiary, it's just experience. I've had 3 accounts banned there and for nothing more than presenting cogent arguments and viewpoints that challenge the sensibilities of their members. Nothing I posted was in any way inflammatory, nothing I posted broke any rule in the user agreement. The only thing I did was offer well thought counter points of view that the members of LS simple don't want to read.

Anyone with even a passing critical remark about anything feminine is labeled a misogynist, without so much as a thought about the point being made. Be offended if you want, but doing so only kills discourse and anything meaningful that might be learned from it.

All it takes is one dissenting POV on LoveShack to draw the ire of any woman; that's to be expected. But what follows is a landslide of siccophant males, like braying asses, all attempting qualify themselves to be acceptable not just to a single woman responding, not just to their generalized feminine sensibilities, but to themselves, in relative anonymity - meaning they have nothing to real hide and this is their default response. Far more males (they're not Men) will vehemently rise to defend the dissenting woman, without so much as a critical thought to what's been said. As if the content doesn't matter. Only the context. And if that sounds even remotely disparaging of their AFC ego investment it's met with such a throng of protest and so loud a chorus of a well taught and conditioned shaming response that the woman with an opposing viewpoint becomes secondary to their need to prove amongst themselves who's the more acceptable to the feminine norm.

The general populace at LS don't want a challenge to think critically, they want affirmation. They want to be held by the hand and consoled, not educated. I've been a Mod here for over 2 years, I know what trolling is. What I was posting there was iconoclastic, it was threatening, it was forcing people to reconsider their interpretations, but I guess it's better to ban me than run the risk of that right?

There's a lot of sh!t on SS, but there's a lot of gold here too. The difference is that we attack the arguments here and discuss things critically rather than just wish it away or pass it off as misogyny.
Excellent post bro. I've had an account deleted over there too, and became fed up with the one-sidedness and Rec-center feel of it. Very few people were there to learn and every thread was taken over by off-topic posts, back slapping, and affirmations. Tony and the mods did their job well in driving me off, no real desire to help out with conflicting viewpoints over there anymore.

I'm interested in this discussion however.

To the ladies reading: We do sometimes make generalizations about women, and we are guilty as charged sometimes. However, beware that when somebody says "All men want is sex", that's a generalization as well, since many men want more fulfillment than simple fornication. Also, I enjoy a cold beer as much as a shaved *****. :)

Another thing I've noticed about you ladies coming here. You get offended quite easily, and whether it's just an attraction to drama and conflict, or not, you need to learn how to ignore posters who offer no enlightenment to you. This goes for the guys in this thread also... Don't feed people fishing for attention and replies.

Let's not let this get out of hand, so far it's been good. I wonder how the carbon copy of this over on LS is doing? Very similar threads on different sites should be a good barometer of attitudes both here and there.

EDIT: this article should be added to the discussion, as it adds candid Male/Female responses to the Niceguy/Jerk discussion.

Last edited:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purple-Haze said:
Not necessarily.

LS isn't as polarizing as SS is (even you would have to admit that). LS is full of varied personalities with very different backgrounds. No one ideology dominates the landscape.

SS, from what I've read thus far, is a little different.

That doesn't mean the two can't get together and play nice. At the least, it is an exercise in communication.

We were bound to meet eventually.
I see a huge difference between the sites. First and foremost, stereotypical women have the loudest voice at LS. They are the ones beating into the heads of AFCs that they need to be white knights on horses and come in gallantly to sweep the woeful princesses off their feet. Mind you it isn't via authentic romance (i.e. chemistry) it's from buying a woman's love (the cliche bouquet of roses).

SS on the other hand is more empowering. It tries to enlighten men into WIIFM (what's in it for me). That it's not necessary to play the games to prove his worth to the average stereotypical woman but to find women who readily recognize his worth as being different that the stereotypical male. LS makes men providers and SS makes men lovers; there's a huge difference between the two. Saying that the two can come together ideologies is wishful thinking. Better shine up that suit of armor.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can totally love and provide, there is just a natural progression that most men get confused. There is a season for everything!

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Yes FdA, you are sometimes quite wise. A guy will often be a provider (of attention, of resources)=chump, or a lover (mutually giving and receiving). Also, saying LS and SS philosophies can come together is like saying Republicans and Democrats can come together in philosophy. No, it will dead lock and nothing will be accomplished. "Independents" could come together. But let's be honest, there are more Independents on SS than LS.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Señor Fingers said:
You can totally love and provide, there is just a natural progression that most men get confused. There is a season for everything!
Yes but it's a female's agenda to get the guy confused.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
LOL.. For starters, most fellas really dont need help in that department. If there is one word I would use to describe most SoSuavers, it is lost and confused.

There is nothing wrong with that, but my point is that confused people have a tendency to misplace their anger and create drama over the doggone silliest sh*te.

Put yourself on the other side of this.

Imagine you are talking about pedicures, economics and cheating husbands when all of a sudden an ARMY of alpha males just rolled up and dropped the anti-feminism bomb on you and started sniffing your crotch looking for fruity pies and sh*t. You probably wouldnt be too happy.. (unless you like that kinky sh!t)

Anyways my point is this. If we are grounded in ourselves as MEN, then why even take this crap seriously? It's forum DRAMA, yall. Many of you make fun of women for acting like this!

I wont stop saying it. It's time to RELAX my brothers.

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm enjoying so lets keep the party going, I'm only on beer number two.

Pass the popcorn. :D

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
The guys who are confused are the guys who haven't identified their own agenda. Be they DJ's, Players or whatever, confusion comes when they try to cater only to the needs of the woman and forgoing their own. Guys who do this persistently end up being the ones who are most frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.