//The Chronicles of BPH\\

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1/31/12

Really standard day...dull and easy, A days always are.

I don't have goals so much at the moment as I have a checklist:

1. Complete the FAFSA
2. Complete some scholarships
3. Train for volleyball season
4. Get consistent work hours
5. Complete another week of the boot camp

As far as work hours I've been offered Sunday, but I don't know if I want to sit behind a desk 4 hours a day for 2 days, it gets really dull. I want to have Saturday for captain's practices, as I've mentioned.

Here's the workout, hard day since I missed lats last week:

1x8 1x6 1x5x25 Weighted Pullups
3x8x45 Dumbbell Rows (8th rep was a struggle on the last 2 sets, left side)
3x8 Narrow Grip Pullups
1x8 2x7x80 Bent Rows
2, 4, 3 L 6, 3, 5 R Alternating Grip Pullups (I'm probably doing these wrong somehow)

And HB Kaitlin is still playing the no contact game with me. Otherwise that's about it.

Peace all.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2/1/12

Alright so today started out alright, but as the school day dragged on, things started to piss me off. 2 things in particular, and they may not sound like much to you, but here they are:

1. My friend had his seat moved because we would talk during class, of course this was math class with that stupid-as-hell teacher Mr. Howard. He was 2 seats behind me. But then this kid Toyeon (black kid, important to mention in a sec) starts complaining about equality and saying that he got moved back 3 seats, and that my friend, Tyler should receive the same punishment. The fact that this so-called "cool kid" was whining about something that doesn't even matter kinda pissed me off, and of course Tyler got moved back by my spineless teacher at the request of a student so as not to appear racist....I start talking to Mr. Howard about how stupid this all is he just...never mind...I just hate this teacher. As soon as I graduate I'm gonna egg the f*** out of his house.

2. In my Spanish class I was talking to Louis, my volleyball team's setter, was cracking jokes at me like we always do. And I say "how are you gonna be my setter if you're gonna disrespect me like this?" I was joking, but then he tells me that it doesn't matter because I'm never going to get playtime. I just play it off, but he pursues the subject and tells me that the hitters up front are better than me and we have guys in the back that have been playing longer than me, and keeps reminding me that I'll never play. This royally pissed me off. It makes me wonder two things; if I can train myself to earn a spot, or, seeing as I know that he has a point (our squad has a lot of skill this year), whether I should even play. But that's just self-doubt.

So these 2 events kind of made me an angry person when I got home from school today. I got home and researched volleyball drills I could practice, but couldn't find a volleyball. So I just did a few jumps to figure out how high I can jump.

Went to the gym soon after, almost got pissed off again because I felt myself cramping up early in my cardio, but pushed through it, and here we go:

3x8x35 Weighted Lunges
3x8x90 Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
3x8x40 Calf Raises
3x8x45 Hanging Leg Curls
3x8x175 Squats

Should already know the each hand weights exercises. Weighing in at 177lbs currently. As far as definition I feel I look pretty good. My six-pack is not as defined on the bottom 2 muscles as the top 4, and my chest doesn't always bulge further than my abs, but that's really nitpicking.

Worked on my FAFSA when I got home, really knocked out a lot of it, should be able to finish it by Friday at the latest.

Working Saturday and Sunday this week. Going to start using the gym's basketball court to practice volleyball drills to give me a leg-up before the season starts. Louis really got to me today.

HB Kaitlin has been doing pretty good with her NC, I'll text her some time Thursday (today).

As far as the DJ Bootcamp, there's a somewhat cute girl at my bus stop. Really slim, she certainly isn't voluptuous, and I haven't gotten the greatest look at her face, but I'll probably try her for the number close before I visit the mall.

Think that's about it, peace guys.

Amo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't react. Use anger as fuel for life.

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When guys piss me off like that, I know I can't hit them, or react verbally. The only way that makes sense to me to react, and gets the effect I want, is to get REALLY physically friendly.

In that situation, I'd grab his shoulder and pull him into a one armed hug, and be like "Thanks for looking out for me buddy. Really helps me to know you're on my side." then I might toussle his hair to patronize him.

Even that's petty, but it returns you to a position of dominance, and there's nothing he can do about it, without starting a fight (and you're built now, you'd kick his as$).

Excited to see your push/pull with Kaitlin this weekend.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LearningSlowly said:
When guys piss me off like that, I know I can't hit them, or react verbally. The only way that makes sense to me to react, and gets the effect I want, is to get REALLY physically friendly.

In that situation, I'd grab his shoulder and pull him into a one armed hug, and be like "Thanks for looking out for me buddy. Really helps me to know you're on my side." then I might toussle his hair to patronize him.

Even that's petty, but it returns you to a position of dominance, and there's nothing he can do about it, without starting a fight (and you're built now, you'd kick his as$).

Excited to see your push/pull with Kaitlin this weekend.
Well the push/pull thing isn't going as well as I had originally hoped, but I'll detail that in a little bit...

2/2/12

Alright so today was alright, nothing special but nothing bad either.

Routine day of school, chilled out and everything. Got my report card at the end of the day, all A's with the exception of 2 B's. Some B's on the midterms, maybe 3 but surely no more than that. Had a D, but I approached my teacher about it, and she made a mistake, and it will be corrected to an A. This raises my GPA to a 3.72.

Nothing else special, aside from the girl I think I mentioned earlier at the bus stop. Might approach her for the number.

Didn't train for volleyball because I hadn't found a volleyball before I decided to workout. I'll get that out of the way before I mention HB Kaitlin:

3x8x50 Dumbbell Shoulder Press
3x8x25 Side Raise
1x8 2x6x90 Reverse Fly (machine, changed up form but reverted)
3x8x30 Front Raise
3x8x40 Shrug
3x15x5 Innies & Outties

Followed by a huge feast of protein and delicious wheat noodles :D

Alright so I did what I had planned to do by breaking NC and texting HB Kaitlin. No reply.

It's been a couple hours, nearly 6, so it seems she's still playing this game. I don't see any other legitimate reason for her to be doing this.

But I think that's about it, no FAFSA or scholarship progress, just relaxing, math test tomorrow.

Leave your thoughts, especially LearningSlowly if you see this one.

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BPH said:
Leave your thoughts, especially LearningSlowly if you see this one.
Did you ask her to hang out the next day in that first text? If it was "Hey babe" or something, then reply: "You're rude. I was going to ask to see you, since I've missed you. Nevermind."

If you did ask her to hang out: "Well, I guess I'm making other plans then. Talk to me when you're ready."

Amo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still seeing Kaitlin's name in this journal. Why is this?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DanZy said:
The rep ranges in your workouts...
You're doing pointless bodybuilding rep ranges
What do you mean by rep ranges?

I really have no idea what that means...and how are they pointless if I'm making gains?

EDIT: @amohield Because unless I get out to the mall, or Main St. or something, I probably won't see a hot girl that I want to meet...

After reading your reply LearningSlowly, I applied it, and I'll post the text conversation when I get to school. Somewhat short and disappointing, but yeah...

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I have some time now, so I'll post the convo real quick:

Me yesterday: Hey babe, whats up? ;)
Me this morning: Rude...i was going to ask to see you since youve been missing out. Nevermind
Her: What i do
Me: Didnt hear from you yesterday
Her: ? I was getin my gowns
Me: Oh ok. Well you wanna make plans for saturday? real busy today
Her: Im going to beach remember
Me: Oh, alright

And there you go.

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shes doing this deliberately. Sucks, I'm not sure how to solve this. It may already be too late, but back off and find some other options.

Jack Wealthy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just move the **** on. The girl I lost my v's with was cooler and I spent less time on her, she's using sex to keep you around. If you drop it like it means nothing she'll get aggressive with it and do stuff you like. Like hang out with you when you want, stop being annoying and... Sexual things.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Learning & Jack Yeah I know...I'm surprised that she's acting the way she is. We had sex, she met my whole family, and she enjoyed last Saturday. So I really can't think of any other reason for her to be stupid like this. Apparently she's doing some polar plunge, and I was almost thinking of attending, but that would be like rewarding a child for misbehaving.

@Norwegian & DanZy I think you guys are reading into my workout routine a little too much. My workouts require me to be able to do at least 4 reps, but no more than 8, and that if I can, that Im using either too little or too much weight.

Even I don't analyze what I do to the extent of making a generalization based on my reps. It's obviously working for me, so I'm surprised there is any dispute.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gains mean little You're putting on size, big deal. But you're doing training that is inefficient in the long run. Especially for sports. You should be doing no more than 5 reps really. Also the actual exercises are pretty ****ty to, too much isolation and too little compound.
What workout are you following?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DanZy said:
Gains mean little You're putting on size, big deal. But you're doing training that is inefficient in the long run. Especially for sports. You should be doing no more than 5 reps really. Also the actual exercises are pretty ****ty to, too much isolation and too little compound.
What workout are you following?
I see what you're getting at...

I tried SS, something that uses compound exercises, and it was very effective at making me stronger and gaining weight...problem was, that weight wasn't just muscle, I had to eat more to supplement the 2 hours I would regularly spend in the gym, and I lost definition.

These isolated exercises allows me to work a different body part each day of the week, so I really don't see the problem.

I follow the Advanced Workout Plan on scoobysworkshop.com under Men's Workout Plans.

And if making gains isn't important, then what is? "Efficiency" doesn't matter if your body isn't changing.

I mean if you're some ripped, jacked, 185lb bodybuilder, feel free to show me a pic and dispute my claims, but weightlifting is something I'm very good at and very knowledgeable about.

And I said weightlifting because I mean that, not bodybuilding. I am going for a strong aesthetic body, not a Mr. Olympian figure.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just clarified the obvious.

You obviously know that you very likely lost definition due to increased fat %. You dont have to eat more because you go less to the gym, so problem solved.

I'd like to point out the inverse relationship between volume and frequency in weightlifting.
There's a reason all the beginners programs are full-body routines. When you start out, you want high frequency and low volume. As you progress over the years, you want to shift more over to volume. However, I question the efficiency of moving onto heavy isolation early. I guess there's nothing wrong with it, but you could plateu easily?

I'd do some research on what backs up scooby's stuff. If there's any legit experiments it's based on. It's always nice to know.

Do not take anything anyone says personally. I know that it's natural to identify and invest ego in whatever we make a habit, but put that aside and be open to other viewpoints.