Stupid people at your gym

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was this guy who did clean and jerks + snatches then dropped the bar onto the floor with a big crash. People were staring at him and some told him no but he told them that the trainer said he could lift like this... oh wait that person was me. :nervous:

There is a guy who comes in and lift really light.. we're talking like 40 lbs curls with a bar and he moans and grunt like freaking crazy when he lifts it. I dont get it why he does this. It isnt heavy enough to be THAT demanding and if he's looking for attention no one is gonna compliment him for lifting 40 lbs.

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Put the weights back when your done with them.. is that too much to ask?

A bunch of the newer members at my gym excel in this asshat catagory.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most ironic thing happened yesterday...

Some kid walked in with a boombox blasting MC Hammer...

And of course, he curled in the squat rack...

Thank you Steve Jobs for manufacturing iPods so I didn't get distracted by the nimrod!

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bat said:
The most ironic thing happened yesterday...

Some kid walked in with a boombox blasting MC Hammer...
Got to give the kid respect though, I wouldn't be caught dead in a gym blasting MC hammer...but I'll admit I know about 90% of His Too Legit album cause of my Dad...um...don't ask....:whistle:

Cry For Love

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This must be resurrected!

Something to add:
Noticed today how the dumbbell section of my gym not only (obviously) has the legion of guys doing biceps and delt isolation exercises, but they all seemed to be using gloves as well.. as if the 10 kg dumbbells could harm their little fingers

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People stealing paper towels and constanting complaining to the front desk that there is no paper towels. Beer belly guys with cut-off shirts showing their belly. The creep who stares at every female member within 10 yards

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The skinny trainer who comes up to me after a missed snatch tells me that I shouldnt lift that weight if I 'have a problem not dropping it'. who starts quoting the gym contract about damaging equipment.

**** Man if I miss a snatch, I'm aint gonna stay under the bar if its a MISS!

Idiot.

ssj4halo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with everyone except some stuff. Steroids aren't THAT bad. If you already hit your genetic potential, go ahead. I dont like the look, but others might. Plus, you just can get huge taking steroids. It takes a lot of work(clean diet/good work out plan)

People that hang around while I am doing sets. Maybe they are just to shy or don't want to feel emberressed. Its cool, we were all there once.

Jump in sets with you. Thats pretty much what you should be doing. Don't hog the machine if you are taking 1-2 minute breaks between your sets!!

If you leave your towel to mark your territory fine! I will wait for a minute. Only excuse I will accept is a quick hey to a friend(acknolodgement) or a quick water break. If you arent doing either of those, I will take the machine.

Chicks doin squats and stuff. Doesnt piss me of. The fact that the girl actually is going to the WEIGHTS really makes me respect them. Most girls just run and hope they get the body they want. Sure, these chicks arent lifting much, but at least they are doing something!!

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JohnnyIrish said:
Funny, I saw some guy with a sheet of printed paper that contained his routinue, the title read "The Dark Jedi Knight workout!".

Ahahahahahahahahaha

Jakes21

Don Juan
Reaction score
1.Guys who wear tight clothing, doing db curls and the t-shirt makes a tearing sound. Stupid
2.people who moans and makes loud noises while lifting weights
3. Old members sitting by machine and drink their suppliment,water,etc without working out.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
naked old 200lb men with 30% bf walking into the lifting part of our locker room to watch tv while i am in the process of lifting and losing tightness

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
8. Can't stand seeing the guy on the dip bar/pullup machine rest ON THE MACHINE for, like, 5 minutes between sets. This prevents me from even asking, "Hey, can I work in?" While others wait, he just sits there, occupying the machine between sets, staring into space, oblivious that other people like me are waiting to use that damn machine!
!
Why, so you can come get your sweaty hands on it so i can't do my next set without slipping around? Punk.

Where am i supposed to go anyway? Just plop myself on the floor next to the machine?

Don't hog the machine if you are taking 1-2 minute breaks between your sets!!
I rest like 3-5 min usually so thanks i'll hog it!

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Groups of people that do nothing but fvck around the gym acting like morons

2. The guys that wear the real tight shirts and flex everywhere

3. THe moaners are really getting to me

4.The trainers that have no idea what they are doing at the gym and I have no idea how they got their jobs

5. The cute "Nutritionist," That has no idea how to do her job (I wanted to ask her some questions and she told me some info that I looked up and was wrong on LOTS of forums) and only gets by on her looks

6. The way other people look down at you when you arent as big as them

Cry For Love

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
2) I go into the locker room for a quick pit stop one time, and come out to the sink area, and there's a naked guy drying his crotch with the air hand dryer. WTF!

That's just wrong. I haven't used a hand dryer since. There really ought to be a law.

One of the funniest moments on the board

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The jackass who practices his "golf swing" with a dumbell.

The jackass who practices his "baseball swing" with a dumbell.

The jackass who practices his "pitching delivery" holding a dumbell.

The "Trainer Haters" who walk around the gym and try to impress girls by badmouthing the trainers and think that will impress the babes.

The fruitcakes who go to the sauna naked just to stare at kock, then go to the shower area, then back to the sauna. They don't work out at all, they are there just to look at men's packages.

The dumbass who has to interrupt you, while you are using the 90lb. dumbells to ask you, "are you using the 10lbs.?".

Dumbass who thinks you are his personal spotter because he needs to max out on the bench press.

The "Cardio Queens" who put a towel over the the timer on the equipment, so you don't know they've been hoging the equipment for over an hour.

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
The "Trainer Haters" who walk around the gym and try to impress girls by badmouthing the trainers and think that will impress the babes.
I'm one of those people. But only to curse and laugh at idiotic trainers, and I dont talk to chicks in the gym.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
The "Cardio Queens" who put a towel over the the timer on the equipment, so you don't know they've been hoging the equipment for over an hour.

I always wondered why they did that , now I know thanks...and ya I bad mouth the trainers but only when they have no idea what they are doing...lol.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just like to revive this hilarious thread:

At my old commercial gym, there was this extremely "Toned" guy with chicken legs, who thought he was some sort of extreme athlete. One day in the free weight area, he started practicing some seriously weird fighting moves. I could hardly stop myself laughing as he made hitting noises with his mouth with every blow that he did. He was terrible, he had no coordination or even simple understanding of any type of martial art. He even tried some funky spin kicks, which sent him stumbling, he actually thought he was some kind of pro fighter LOL.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So one day I was prepping for my fight the next day, just doing some light shadow boxing in the corner of the gym. When some tall goofy looking dude was all like laughing at me. I was like "WTF?" and I went home.