Stupid people at your gym

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had some idiot preacher curling for 50 minutes.

That's right. 50 minutes!

And he WAS working the whole time. I had to wait around the entire time because there is only one preacher bar at my gym. I started counting how many sets and reps he does after 5 minutes of waiting.

He did 10 sets x 12 reps! Holy overtraining, Batman!!

This guy wasn't big. He wasn't skinny either. He must've been 5'6" and around 140 pounds. What the hell is this? 10 x 12 of preacher curls? FOR 50 MINUTES?

When he got done, he says to me, "Hey man, sorry to keep you waiting. You know you could've went and did something else in the mean time."

I had nothing else to do. My last two exercises require the preacher curl bar. So I said, "Nah man, I didn't want to miss the gun show. I got front row seats anyway. I might have taken some pictures if I had remembered to brought the camera. Next time I see you, I'm definitely going to get your autograph and snap a picture or two."

He nervously laughed, and guess what he does next?

Pronated grip curls with the barbell in the squat rack!

:crackup:

jahidi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^ LMAO!

There's a regular at my gym now who reminded me to bump this thread. He lies down on the bench as though he's about to bench press, and then does set after set of crunches!

There's a reason they have mats and open floor space...

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
:crackup: its reasons like this I have my own gym equipment at home

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
throwing dumbells down as hard as they can and yelling at the same time. and cut off sleeveless shirts that are cut too far over, so the nipples are sticking out. wtf. i don't think that improves performance. lol

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other day a guy told me that i come out of the bottom of a squat too fast and will injure my joints. Apparently i'm supposed to make a sandwich or something while i'm down there.

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is this guy I know through a friend and every time he sees me at the gym he's always joking "hey, you can lift more than that!", "I didn't see you at the gym yesterday, you slackin'?"

He's a loud guy and I sit there thinking "why do you care?" Personally I don't care what other people are doing in the gym since I'm focused on what I'm doing. I just notice the guys that have the body I want and the girls that have the bodies I want to play with.

I have headphones on most of the time so I hardly hear any grunts or any of that sh!t. I remember a while ago this big guy wanted to give me tips on working out which were good but his breath was fvcking awful and he proceeded to talk for 5 minutes....fvck!!! I tend to pop a stick of gum in my mouth before I work out.

Zaraza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I do hate those constipated lifters. The ones that just turn all red and scream. lol. At my gym, there was a group of asian guys who only came there to socialize. They would lift light weights, and just talk to each other in their language. They sometimes had jeans on and blue tooth in their ears....

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny, I saw some guy with a sheet of printed paper that contained his routinue, the title read "The Dark Jedi Knight workout!".

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some guy who looked pretty big walks over to me in combat boots and tells me I'm deadlifting wrong because I'm not ass-to-grass at the start. I lol'd.

This 6 ft tall guy squats 135lbs for 5 reps, and literally grunts for dear life. Either he has muscular dystrophy or he wants attention, there's no way a weight that light is too heavy for him.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
The other day a guy told me that i come out of the bottom of a squat too fast and will injure my joints. Apparently i'm supposed to make a sandwich or something while i'm down there.
:crackup:

Best! I like you, Ruckus.

some tanned 160lb blonde pony tail wearing fool was doing some nice old incline db presses with a mighty weight (not), me and my brother were doing floor presses, he missed a heavy single (I was spotting), he smirked, sort of laughed and said "Guys - use a lighter weight?" like we were fools to even attempt more weight that I could do 10 reps with, like he was the damn man even though my leg was probably bigger than his damn torso. It wasn't as a joke either, it was pretty ****-y.

jahidi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Douchebags with the arms of a pro wrestler and the legs of a pro wrestler's grandmother. They usually wear wife beaters, cargo shorts, and flip flops, as though everyone else needs any more hints as to what muscles they plan on training that day.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Also, this other guy was stretching in the rack. I saw him adjusting the pins and thought he was going to squat, but then he puts his leg up on the barbell and starts stretching his hamstring out :rolleyes:
What's wrong with that?

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
LOL!!!! man that was funny!

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:
is there some sort of rule that the older you are the more fvcking naked you have to be in the locker rooms?

It's not a big deal but it still shocks me a bit when I turn the corner and see a naked man standing there. I never walk around during the day expecting to see a naked man and when I see one it pisses me off that it's not a woman. Why can't I walk around the corner and see a naked woman in the locker room? That would be great...if she was hot.

Punisha

Don Juan
Reaction score
wednesday one of the most stupid moments in my life took place at the gym. i was with my 2 friends and we were warming up and a guy was staring at us.
then, while we were addins weight to the bench press he just comes over and starts shouting at me: what the hell are you doing?have you worked on your legs today? and your back?
by this time one of my friends was starting to get worried but i remain cold as ice.took a good look at him...not a big deal he even had a beer belly
looked him in the eye with the most relaxed face i could pull and just said no.
the dude almost goes wild screams SCREW THIS and leaves.
everyone had that wtf? look on their faces i shrunk my shoulders and everyone got back to work.
i guess theres no limit to human stupidity

Punisha

Don Juan
Reaction score
well my other reply was right before going to the gym and guess what? like i said theres no limit to human stupidity.
this one happened to me.i was still half asleep and was getting going to start bench press but for some stupid reason i didnt took the weights in a proper way. and as we all know gravity is a nasty thing and i go a barbell plus 20kg to the head. got a small cut on my forehead now. not the most awesome moment in my life but it was the first time i saw some of the guys there laughing so i just did my daily good action

Last edited:

Demystify

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate the guys with really wide upper backs and shoulders because I'm jealous of them, lol