NHY's Boot Camp: Week 1 Response Thread

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Morning Troops ( weel, its morning where I am, so meh ) rise and shine!

Troops;
NHY ( me )
Dustin
GinandTonic
varius
tosh
skd
johnmich
p.power
JC9
stubbornlights
ethnomethodologist
gab01

Welcome to the first week of the boot camp. The aim of this week is to help us all increase our self - confidence, as per mentioned in the BC bootlet.

Posts your experinces, feelings and observations here, and only here! Like I said, I don't want any flamewars or angry moderators on me! :woo:

The reading material sounded very well rounded and practical and I think the exercises this week sound easy enough , hopefully, stuff at home won't mess up and trap me in the house for weekend! ( Long story, involving dodgey Family + alcohol equation )

Good Luck everyone, your all going to need it.

Last edited:

Dustin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today I was talkingto a few girls (that I usualy wouldn't of) and stood up for some of my friends who were being threatened ahaha it good to be in camp.

skd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Making eye contact and saying hi to people are no problem for me, so nothing for me to really report for this week.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skd

You think your tso much better than us don't you?

haha, yeah right;)

combine task 1 with task 2, and throw it in reverse.

Go find an HB7+ you need 7 of them, that you've never spoken to before, and say hi, than give her some massive eye contact.

MAVEC, do a quick search, see if you can conform to the BC schedule as well. hi, quick rapport, eye contact, and than bail, nothing more unless she initiates until next week.

Try to fluff all of these girls off your list until next week, get the numbers, whatever you want, know where tyo meet them next week, if they in your school, say next week...

If they do corner you into saying hi, tell em the truth, tell em your on a strict dating schedule. You are doing a dating bootcamp and your not allowed to tak to a girl for more than two minutes.

This measure is for your protection, nothing to insult your skills with.

Introduce, fluff, EC, and bail.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
skd: I don't mean to insulting but it looks like as if you seem to be taking the LAZY way out! Just because you say your good at eye contact and saying Hi, that doesn't give you an excuse to skip any exercises!

Admittedly, I've had not really started the actual exercises yet but I have read the material ( In fact, I'll be re - reading it again in the minute ) and know what to do.

A reason I decided to put this camp together and get others to particpate with me is to make me feel bad if I procasitinate too much. My name is on the boot camp and if I fail, it wouldn't go down very well! So, you could I've put on extra pressure on myself to perform and that would be the only way I would do it... properly. I seem to work best when I'm under pressure!

While I'm here, I might as well as post a FUR ( F\/ck Up Report )

It occurred at lunch time today ( Friday ) , I was in the canteen at college and I saw this girl, whom which I've had an eye on for a while. I thought I'd try the eye contact thing... well..... lets just say I made it a wee bit OVER - obvious that i would end up looking at her! ( Cos i did it before ) I could see her laughing with her other friends as I was walking away afterwards.

So, at least I know what NOT anymore to do in future, ie, not making it painfully obvious of what I'm going to do.

Dustin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm lost were our goals and stuff and can we not talk slang for a bit with like HB7 and stuff I'm still trying to learn the DJ slang lol.

AlphaChump

Don Juan
Reaction score
NHY

Thanks for putting together this bootcamp. Though I am not participating right now, this is the first one I've been privy to. I look forward to see how things go and see where mistakes are made.

What happened to you with that girl in the canteen is just what I'm afraid of. I guess thats the whole point of bootcamp, but I just don't like weirding people out. I just guess it's one of those things where the more positive outcomes you get out of it, the better and more comfortable you feel about doing it.

good luck with the rest of bootcamp.
:rockon:

JC9

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll post a weekly report, but just wanted to give a Day 1.

I did 10 strong eye contacts today with a hello. I'm only counting ones I did on women since there isn't much fear in making eye contact with some old guy and saying hi.

The good. All 10 said hello back and smiled.

Holding that eye contact for like 1 second after they look down is helpful. I actually had one girl blush as she looked down and smiled by doing this.

The bad, I did not make eye contact with a very attractive blond. Still intimidated somewhat when you get to the top end of the looks scale unfortunately.

Some thoughts that might help others with the eye contact thing. You don't start the eye contact from super far away, you simply look over when they are closer to you; say 10-25 feet depending on indoor/outdoor smile and say 'hi'.

If you give them heavy eye contact from far out you end up looking like you are just starting at them.

stubbornlights

Don Juan
Reaction score
stubbornlights day one

yikes. today was sketchy. I'm starting from rAFC. I'd get a fair amount of dates and have chicks approach me, but never because of my own confidence. They'd come up to me. So this is a hugeee change. Here's what went down:

I tried to get in lots of EC and 'hi's today. On the way to school, on the bus, I had eye contact with a lot of people. SOO many people just seemed naturally cold. When I'd look in their eyes, so many people seemed grumpy and it completely shut me down, I was unable to smile about three quarters of the time because they were so gloomy looking. YIKES.

But there were some redeeming instances today. I was walking up the steps to one building at university, and I look away, then abruptly up to this one really HB8 and catch her looking at me. The smile felt pretty cool, I said hi and she blushed and sortof stumbled on the stairs and sheepishly said hi back.

Some complete eye contact/smile/hi rejections too, where they'd just look in the opposite direction. One instance, this HB9 friend of mine came up and talked to me on the way to class, and after she left, a BUNCH of passing girls were watching and looking straight at me.

I had a bunch of random conversations with strangers today. A total of 11 eye contact and 'hi's. I know, its a pathetic statistic, but I only hit on two girls today.

I still stutter and stumble a little bit, but I think I'm getting better already. I walk with my shoulders held higher. I went wandering the streets at about 6:00pm, but there were mainly homeless people or couples. And no wingmen tonight, so I called it quits. I want to get back at this.

Last edited:

skd

Don Juan
Reaction score
ethno and NHY, you guys have humbled me...

I'm going out tonight so I'll write back about my sarges.

gab01

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: stubbornlights day one

Originally posted by stubbornlights
I tried to get in lots of EC and 'hi's today. On the way to school, on the bus, I had eye contact with a lot of people. SOO many people just seemed naturally cold. When I'd look in their eyes, so many people seemed grumpy and it completely shut me down, I was unable to smile about three quarters of the time because they were so gloomy looking. YIKES.
same thing happened to me as well. it's kind of weird to make eye contact with people. when i'm on the move, all they do is look straight, and walk away.

but i do get the feeling that they like the "attention" coz i caught some of them looking back at me after i passed them. i engage their eyes, do a half smile and then i walk away.

i got a total of 3 smiles yesterday (friday)
and a "nod of acknowledgement" from a dude (does that count?)

hey NHY, i want in :)

skd

Don Juan
Reaction score
alright....
tonight I got 2 strong ECs and hellos.
So, 2/50 so far.

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
gab01, your in but remember, this is to the end!

I'll probably have something to report tonight as I'll going out shortly, unless crap happens and I won't be a happy camper!

p.power

Reaction score
i went into town today and got......one EC and smile and one hello, which means im gona hav 2 step it up a bit to get the 50,

i was lisening to stand up comedy on my Ipod which helps the smiles to come more easily but most pple dont even look at you.

uv got to take that attitude, im gona smile at this girl no matter wat!

p.power

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
All I did last night was eye contact, didn't really say Hi. I did about 18 times, though.

The most unusual result while doing this was when i did to one girl who was moving along the crowd. All said was ' excuse me ' in a more polite than usual tone, if you know what I mean.

Stupid me also missed come on that could have gotten somewhere! I felt as if it could happen but I got nervous and shy, went away from the girl for a minute to make sense of it all and by the time I came back, she was gone! :cuss: :kick:

You could say I also kinda flirted a little with another guys I know girlfriend ( I didn't do when he was there, though ) , not that I really cared too much.

Eye Contact was easy, I need to start saying Hi now!

tosh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I went to a club last night so I must have had over 50 ECs...

5 Conversations and 2 number closes.

That is all.

skd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alrighty

went to a hookah bar Saturday night:
8 greetings, 3 conversations with strangers.

went to a house party afterwards:
met ~8 people (can't remember exactly) but they were friends of friends so I don't know if I can really count that, but it's just nice that I have a little bigger social circle now.

got 3 ECs when I went to dinner tonight, and 1 on the way back to the dorm.

So counting all those (I'm counting the 8 people I met), the new total comes up to:

25/50

gab01

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm finding it easier to make eyecontact with people, and pull smiles too!

10 eyecontact + smiles today.
4 on the way to school,
2 in school,
2 in the mall and
2 on the way home.

in school, there was this cute girl who had her eyes fixated on mine. it felt great! i pulled a smile which made her look away for a bit and then she looked back, and pulled a smile too. good thing i held EC longer than usual.. stupid me didn't approach tho

during class, this girl exchanged seats with my seatmate coz her computer wasn't working...

me: why'd you change seats?
her: why? (look on her face tells me that she was ****-testing me)
me: why'd you change seats with him?
her: oh i want to use the internet (perfect opportunity to bust on her for wanting to sit next to me)
me: oh yeah? what's wrong with your computer (lame..doh!)
her: doesn't work..
me: what's your name?
her: i'm val (points to me)
me: i'm val (pointing to myself)
her: no silly! what's your name?
me: gab, nice to meet u val (offers hand)
her: smiles (reaches, shakes) (another cf opportunity)

awkward silence follows, she turns to her computer

i missed a lot of opportunities for CF.. what was i thinking?!

14/50

JC9

Don Juan
Reaction score
32/50 So far.

Went to my favorite bar saturday night, but don't want to count those because its more of a friendly interaction with people and not to threatening of an environment for me.

I try and do all mine on the street during the day, because I used to walk like I had blinders on, looking straight ahead, when I normally go from place to place during the day and therefor miss alot of opportunities to interact with people.

Some things I have started to notice more when I am walking around with my head up, trying to make eye contact with everyone I see.

Guys with their head down avoiding any sort of eye contact look meek. People with their head up, but staring straight ahead avoiding EC with anyone strike me as 'off' and not natural. People who make EC and quickly look away seem to be a little insecure. People who have made EC even if they haven't smiled or said hello back seem alot more relaxed and natural.

What has everyone else observed in the behaviors of others since focusing on more EC/Hello's?

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright I wasnt sure I was gonna do the BC, but i was hella bored today and I jumped right into it. My goal is to finish it, because the furthest I've made it is halfway through week 3 The most noticable was when I opened some random lady who helped me look at shades for 5-10 mins of her lunch break, lol. I always try and hold EC with the ladies, so it wouldnt even register for me to count them, so imma skip that part.

I got 9 Hi's, 2 convos and snuffed by at least 6-7 dimes...At least they're dimes... Last time I tried the BC i went for anything with a pulse, male or female. Although it isnt cheatin, you have to really go after what you know you want to be gettin more comfortable with. I can talk to old people and guys no problem so yea.

I've read all the exercise thingys so many times, right now I'm looking at Anthony Robbins - Unlimited Power. Its a very good book if you actually read it and think about it and try and implement stuff in your life. Im not sure I would have had the patience or maturity to read it a couple years ago though.

Places I hit for my Hi's (All in the busy town area)
Local Park (during lunch hour especially)
Streets
Stores

What I've noticed
- Hotter looking chicks are less likely to respond it seems, maybe they think im trying to pick up and if they say hi back I will try and rape them?
- After gettin snuffed or ignored, hold your head high and keep positive body language and you'll forget all about it
- The better you say hi, the more likely for a response, the weaker your tonality and BL, the worse...

Good luck everyone...Stay up