NEW Bootcamp Starting Friday 4/9 - Competition!

master-p

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn i practiced some small talk tonight and this tactic's makes talking to lady's quite easier.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WEEK 1 IS OVER! Here are the results:

15 - BigJimbo - 377
12 - master-p - 170
10 - SIX - 71
8 - Donnie Darko - 61
6 - Scion - 57
5 - JLay87 - 51
5 - The Conductor - 51
4 - Forty0ztoFreedom - 50
0 - Cure - 42
0 - 2crudedudes - 42
0 - Hikapo - 42
0 - SixthMantoMVP - 25
0 - OhamImrsNemo - 20
0 - crossboss - 16
0 - NorwegianDJ - 15
0 - If Sixth I Will - 4
N/A - AlexLefty - Latecomer starting week 2
-5 - Blind_Fury - PVSSY
-5 - F!DELITY - PVSSY
-5 - HolyG - PVSSY
-5 - ToBeTheBest - PVSSY
-5 - VDot - PVSSY
-5 - Irs88 - PVSSY
-5 - chese12 - PVSSY
-5 - Exhumed - PVSSY
-5 - Tide - PVSSY
-5 - Diaforetikos - PVSSY
-5 - Titan - PVSSY
-5 - Confidenceman - PVSSY
-5 - Ken785 - PVSSY

Submitting Final Scores: So this is how it works. I went through the entire thread and wrote down everyone's final scores that submitted them (which obviously there's no problem there). However, for people that didn't submit a final score I just went back and used your latest post. If this post isn't up-to-date and you actually went out and did more after you posted, then you have until I can no longer edit this post to submit that score to me, either by posting it here or through PMing me (PMing is probably preferred so it doesn't count against your 10 post limit, and let's me know about it in case I don't catch your post in this thread). If I do not get to your updated score and I am no longer able to edit this post then your final score will not count. The score reflected in this post after I can no longer edit it is the final score, regardless of its accuracy. So I highly suggest that you submit your score through this thread or a PM to me on Thursday night or Friday morning!

Scoring: I'll admit that I completely made up point values for different placings, and will probably continue to do so, but I'll try to make it as fair as possible. If you don't like it you can fvck yourselves because I'm running this sh!t. :)

Basically everyone that got past the minimum requirement (in this case 50) got points. If you didn't meet the requirement then you got zero points. If you didn't submit an answer at all or submit a 0 then you are a huge pvssy and got -5. So that's how scoring will work in the future; this means that even if you get a score of 1 submitted you will not get a penalty against you. So don't be a PVSSY!

If you have any questions about this feel free to PM me.

WEEK 2
Alright guys, we're going to pick up the pace a little and the pressure's going to increase a bit this week. Week 2 of the Boot Camp starts on page 27 of the .pdf, linked in the OP. You can find all relevant articles and material there.

This week is all about initiating contact with strangers:

Exercises

All right, so you’ve read the posts above, and you know have an understanding of how to approach people and start a conversation. Now, it’s time to do it!

Your mission is to go out and have short conversations (2 – 10 minute each in length) with 10 strangers. You can talk to them about anything, and you can talk to any person whom you have never spoken to before. You’ll find that it might feel a little awkward in the beginning to talk to strangers for
any length of time… but after the first couple of times you’ll find that it’s actually a wonderful feeling. You’ll really get a rush out of this.

Also, keep in mind that most people want to meet other people and have conversations with them, but are just too shy or insecure. So in fact, you will be doing a huge favour to those people whom you decide to hold a conversation with. Plus, I’ll bet you’ll learn new things from them, and maybe even make a couple of new friends. And in this phase of the Boot Camp, don’t let yourself feel limited to speaking to only girls… speak with anyone you want!

In fact, if you’re a bit apprehensive about talking to people, you can start out with those people who are easier for you to approach. For me, this is senior citizens, since I’ve found that most of them love talking with anyone who would give them half an ear, and I’ve found them to be very interesting
conversationalists.

After each conversation, write down in your journal what you thought of the conversation, and approximately the length of the conversation (estimate if you don’t have a watch). Once you complete this lesson, post your results, plus the topic of your most interesting conversation, and anything else
you wish to share.

You have until this time next week to complete this lesson. Also, make sure you keep on practicing the skills learned in the first lesson (e.g., you can practice establishing eye contact with someone, saying Hi, and going into a conversation. However, initial eye contact or a Hi is not a requirement before
initiating a conversation).

Also, a tip that might help you with this lesson, and the next few lessons, is the 3-second rule (You can find it on ASF). What this means is that when you find someone you might be interested in approaching, don't give yourself more than 3 seconds from the moment you are able, to approach
them. Anything longer than 3 seconds highly increases the chance that your nerves will work against you, and that you'll chicken out. Even if you have nothing planned to discuss with them, you'll find that you'll amazingly have something to say if you can only force your feet to propel you to the person.
GOAL: Initiate short conversation (2-10 minutes in length) with 10 strangers. You have one week! Post your experiences/thoughts/etc... in here to motivate everyone else!

NOTE: FROM HERE ON OUT IT DOESN'T COUNT IF YOU ARE DRUNK. MAN UP AND DO IT SOBER, PEOPLE!

Last edited:

Donnie Darko

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK so I had a date last night and then went out afterwards to finish this exercise. So I went to a bar and did the eye contact and hello thing to well over 20 people. I honestly lost count after 20 and I was drinking so I'm just going to use 20.

Running total is 41+20= 61

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Score

I blew it this week, I waited till the last day for the hi's. My eye contacts were fine, Sunday, I did 50. However, 16 for hi's on Thursday.

Eye contacts - 50
Hi - 16
Total - 66

SixthMantoMVP

Reaction score
I'm late on posting my results but w/e.

Said hi to 25, with results that ranged from receiving a hi back, eye contact, or no response.

I'll remember to post my results on time from now on...

SIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Aw man wish I'd done this I said Hi to more than 1300 women the past week.
that's still only 15 points... lol

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
Up to 47; I'm starting to get to the point where I just don't care what anyone else thinks anymore. :cool:
Your totally right there jJLay!

Sorry for not posting earlier, just found out that I had to refresh the page to see the new posts ^^

I'll post my results during the weekend, Im in a hurry getting to town right now!

UPDATE:

Starting this excercise I thought it would be very easy, as I felt i was comfortable with strangers, something I quickly found out that i weren't. Getting about 20 hi's over the weekdays till friday. Most being to people I felt comfortable saying hello to and some being somewhat talking to myself.

At friday I went to the movies with some friends and greeted a couple of people. After this I we went to a place where people at my age hang out. I met someone I knew, they were acting really exciting, so I got in a good mood.

I decided to be super-social and started greeting people there. "Hello, my name is NorwegianDJ" reaching out my hand and shaking, then asking their name if they didn't reply. I did this to about 30 people, and got positive responses. I started getting hugs from girls and talked to about everyone that was there. I even got two girls make out right in front of me!:cool:
Also got a girl asking for my phone number.

So I don't know if the friday counts for week 1 or 2, so ill count them for both. http://www.sosuave.net/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

that will be about 50-55 hi's and about 7 convos for week 2.

I was wondering, wouldn't it be better to do as it says in the djbc; start the weeks on tuesday?

Last edited:

If Sixth I Will

Don Juan
Reaction score
I spent 2 hours at the mall today and got 0 convos. It was much harder than I thought it would be. I chatted to 2 people but couldn't get them to latch on for a conversation of 2+ minutes like we're required to do. The only people who really engaged me were store employees (and that doesn't count).

My take -- I'm trying too much small talk. Stuff about the weather, or how crowded it is, or what we're buying, etc... that just gets you small talk in return. I probably need to script a few conversation points before trying this again. I'm guessing they'll taken back at a total stranger talking to them about something invovled, but screw it... that's the name of the game I guess.

Titan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Waay late for posting results, but here's last week and so far this week..

Last week:
Went to town with a few friends on the monday after a busy weekend, said hi to about 20 people. Wednesday I was at a conference with a group of complete strangers- managed to say hello to around 50 people on that day alone, and a had quite a few conversations (which is irrelevant)..

Total: Around 70

This week so far:
Was out on friday night and introduced myself to SO many people it was unreal.. I had 6 sets of short conversations before settling with 3HB's and 2 guys for an hour or two- I enjoyed myself, and felt really good about just talking to them all, and keeping everyone interested.
I've just got back from tonight and had a good 11 / 12 random conversations.. I'm really starting to love this bootcamp!

Total so far: 18/19

A/N I don't mind if i'm ungraded for last week 'cause I took so long with posting. I'll do better ;)

On a plus note I got the number of a HB from the conference and she's invited me to spend the night next weekend- wish me luck!

master-p

Don Juan
Reaction score
my score for week 2 is still 0. i really need to get out today and talk to some people.i chatted yesterday some girls but i was drunk so it does not count.

master-p

Don Juan
Reaction score
talked today to one old lady about her doug. 9 to go. does anyone have some tips about the material to talk about. because sometimes i run out of material to talk about

If Sixth I Will

Don Juan
Reaction score
Talked to about 3 people randomly. All have been in stores where I'm aisle shopping and just comment and what we're both looking at.

Last edited:

SIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
If Sixth I Will said:
Talked to about 3 people randomly. All have been in stores where I'm aisle shopping and just comment and what we're both looking at.
yea thats how i got most of my greetings for week one. I think a bookstore is a good way to go for week 2, what ya think?

So far i have way over 10 convos, but that was last night and was drinking so im only counting them as 1. I want to be able to open people and small talk when im not drinking the same way, which is difficult a bit for me.

But opened alot of hb 7's and 8's last night and only one fail. I just finished "the Game" so i stole alot of neil strauss's openers like " the maury povich" one, cuz they were fresh in my mind, preety effective and funny. the best one tho was
S: Me and my friend where tlking and was wondering if your hair is real.
hb8: (laughing and blushing) yesss.
S: (playfully tugging on her hair) coulda swore it was a weave.
hb and frend: haha
then some small talk etc.

Im glad that worked
i gotta use that again haha

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this week is going to be even more difficult for me than trying to get numbers. I have no idea where to even start. Ugh. Starting tomorrow though, no idea where I'm gonna go with this one.

The Mad Ghost

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
I think this week is going to be even more difficult for me than trying to get numbers. I have no idea where to even start. Ugh. Starting tomorrow though, no idea where I'm gonna go with this one.
I even sent you a PM about enlisting and you said something about not being able to re-post in the OP of people who enlisted later on, yet you STILL didn't put me through for the challenge, even with the PM? What where you doing .......................STORING NAMES? thus why you have guys who didn't even show up for it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ADD ME IN DUDE!!!!!

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 challenge
April 18th

Said 3 hellos.

Total: 51. I completed Week 1 challenge.

Week 2 challenge:

April 18th, I talked to 3 Strangers, met all of them at church.

Nothing exciting to talk about. I guess they werent too comfortable talking to strangers, as they all bailed out on carrying on the conversation after 2-4 mins.

Oh well.

Total Strangers: 3