NEW Bootcamp Starting Friday 4/9 - Competition!

SIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Got 5 so far.. Technically have more but I'm not counting drunk greets.. But caught a few during work (i work outdoors where there's many strangers). today me and my friend hit up BK and greeted a hb8 Latina with a bit of rapport b4 getting the whopper haha.. aiming for 75 by Thursday. wish me luck even though the competition is in order.

master-p

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 1 day 2

April 10th,

Good morning:cool:
this day i said hello to 50 people. i wanted to hello people in the crowd so i thought letś go to shopping center. The reactions were from people that looked strange and people said hello back. One hot girl started to laugh when i said hello to her. I also catched myself that in some cases i find the eye contact harder then saying hello.

results.

said hello to 50 people

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went out and said "Hi" to 106 people. It was odd. At first it was strange, but then I found my rhythm. The youngest was around two years old and the oldest probably 90. It is easy. I just stood in front of a door and greeted people. I think they thought I worked there. I even started giving out high fives. Only took me about 28 minutes. Check this out: Weekends bring out large crowds and families. Find a shopping mall or large store and BAM. Later on today I am aiming for 250. Wish me luck. :yes: I am thinking of wearing a name tag. Hell, I might reach 500 today!

If Sixth I Will

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is anybody finding the eye contact exercise surprisingly hard?!

I might just jump straight ahead to the "Hi" part, because I spent over an hour at the gym and then ran some errands and I think I got to 12 people who I could hold I contact with (I think -- it's hard to keep track). I'm realizing that the VAST majority of people just look at the ground or straight ahead as they walk by. They will avoid most any unnecessary eye contact.

I'm also realzing that I need a lot of work. I'm really going to have to make an effort to get through this. For the small few who did look my direction, it takes a lot of concentration to hold with them. It feel very awkward (probably a good thing, hopefully it's slowly helping). My next step will be the greeting exercise... I'm thinking I might try a spot other than the gym... maybe a bookstore or mall?

@BigJimbo - is that cheating? (not that I'm worried about where everyone's point totals stand!)... but will I get the same benefit from almost acting like a store employee? That's seems to easy.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm also realzing that I need a lot of work. I'm really going to have to make an effort to get through this. For the small few who did look my direction, it takes a lot of concentration to hold with them. It feel very awkward (probably a good thing, hopefully it's slowly helping). My next step will be the greeting exercise... I'm thinking I might try a spot other than the gym... maybe a bookstore or mall?
The eye concentration thing really does get easier. The entire point is that you're holding eye contact until they look away, and if they don't look away then say hello. It gets much easier over time, trust me; I did that a while ago and now it's just second nature to me. It's really empowering once you get used to it, too.

Damn, I'm at 19 right now; I wasn't planning on getting many over the weekend but 50 or 100 already?! You guys are killing it!

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
April 11th

Today at Church, i said hello to 13 strangers. Talked to 2 of them. But I know thats for next week's challenge.

Oh well.

7+8+13=28. 22 more to go.

April 12th

5 Strangers.

April 13th

4 Strangers

Total: 37

Last edited:

master-p

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 1 day 3

April 11th,

today at a market, is said hello to 30 people. And i "hello'd" 20 people at the trainstation.

@If Sixth I Will
sometimes i have the same problem with people that look away. But if they look away i say hello anyway. I also had the idea that i was after 20 hello's in a state that i didn't care anymore what people think.

This morning i was cycling to my job and said hello to 30 people. but i think they dont count because i was wearing my sun glasses:cool:

Last edited:

master-p

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 1 day 4

April 12th,

Today i didn't have much time to practice so i had to use my time good. I took my bicycle to my work so i could hello more people. In the morning i was wearing my sunglasses and hello'd 30 people but they don't count. When i was finished from working i hello'd 25 people on my way back to home. i also stopped by a supermarket to get some milk and saw a nice lady so i hello'd her. I'm also practicing some things from "Article 4 - Kill that desperation" because sometimes i catch myself saying things and don't totally believe myself and start stuttering. I think this 8 weeks will be a good opportunity to get over that.

Total hello's this day: 25

good luck everybody

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why doesn't it count if you were wearing sunglasses? And are we really not counting drunk ones?

SIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
If Sixth I Will said:
Is anybody finding the eye contact exercise surprisingly hard?!

I might just jump straight ahead to the "Hi" part, because I spent over an hour at the gym and then ran some errands and I think I got to 12 people who I could hold I contact with (I think -- it's hard to keep track). I'm realizing that the VAST majority of people just look at the ground or straight ahead as they walk by. They will avoid most any unnecessary eye contact.
Yeah i get this quite alot, if it happens i try and push through it and say "hi" or "good morning" or watever anyway so they are force to look at least. Yes sometimes they don't or don't say anything back, causing a bit embarrassment, but it is also a first step in dealing with rejection.

so far at 25

master-p

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't count greetings with sunglasses because it is a lot easier to talk to people with sunglasses.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If Sixth I Will said:
@BigJimbo - is that cheating? (not that I'm worried about where everyone's point totals stand!)... but will I get the same benefit from almost acting like a store employee? That's seems to easy.
Can't punish me for being two steps ahead of the the rest of you. This isn't about getting anything. This is about giving something! On Sunday I reached the 377 mark. No sunglasses. I was asked for directions by at least 20 people in that time frame. That was the only downside.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got most of mine done today.

got one randomly the other day,

This afternoon I went out and got another 41, for 42 total.

up to 30 was easy then I hit a lull point in my mood and wasn't in great locations (in and around central and east london) but I got another 12 or so.

I lost count quite a bit but always rounded down.

8 more to go, going on holiday soon so im not sure Ill get the 100 I hoped for.

So far about 80% women.

There are lots of people signed up for this, so for all you new guys, dont leave it to the last minute! saying hi can be more difficult than you would think!
get out there now and start tomorrow if you haven't all ready!

Cure.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm only at 25. Oh well, I'll for sure make the 50 but you guys are nuts!

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
I'm only at 25. Oh well, I'll for sure make the 50 but you guys are nuts!
Ha, I'm at 10. I really need to step it up.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My number should be around 25-30, but I haven't started keeping track, and a lot of them were on Friday night (drunk). I have to tally them up . . some were sober(ish).

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Total count so far is 30. Lost count and couldn't remember if it was 30 or 35 so I'll just round down. The other 20 should be a piece of cake. :)

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only at about 4 "hi's". I need to step it up big time.
Dude, come on! There is nothing to be afraid of! Go out and say hello to the next 5 people you meet, regardless of whether or not they are looking at you, if they have ear phones in, if they're deaf, who cares. Just do it and you'll figure that out. You really have to step up because this is not that hard, especially compared to the rest of the challenge. So stop being a pvssy, pick up your balls and go do it. It's just saying hello to people ffs!