NEW Bootcamp Starting Friday 4/9 - Competition!

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm starting tonight at Midnight. Its on, yo.

ADDED: Nevermind, thought it was Thursday for some reason.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I failed on week 3 last time, so Im definatly up for taking this all the way to the end.

Im lucky enough to have a lot of spare time, so as a personal challenge, Im goign to be doubling all tasks.
I.E say Hi to 100 people,
Also, Im going to be limiting my self to women only, which will make it harder but more usfull. I dont need to practice small talk with men I do that enough in my job!

lets all do this well!

Cure.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh just found out that this forum has an Edit deadline, so I can't edit my OP anymore (this is F*CKING STUPID). Everyone's been added to the list, though, I promise!

master-p

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question young man. Do i have to pm the results to u, or do i have to post the results on the Response thread?

F!DELITY

Don Juan
Reaction score
To JLay87 - Just for clarification; we are doing the bootcamp as normal?

Are we posting our experiences in this thread? or will a weekly progress thread be created?

SIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
Enough lurking now. I'm 14, count me in!
Me as well(but 10 years older), time to kick start no more lurking. Im in

SixthMantoMVP

Reaction score
I've also been a longtime lurker but screw it, count me in as well! I am a rookie and I'm looking forward to a great learning experience.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
master-p said:
I have a question young man. Do i have to pm the results to u, or do i have to post the results on the Response thread?
I don't really care if you PM them or post them here, but I'll compile them and post the results in posts in this thread. I was originally going to edit all that into my OP but that was before I found out that I can't edit that post anymore. :(

F!delity said:
To JLay87 - Just for clarification; we are doing the bootcamp as normal?

Are we posting our experiences in this thread? or will a weekly progress thread be created?
I think this thread should suffice.

And we're not doing it exactly as normal. Yes, you are doing the required challenges, but you are also trying to beat everybody else. For example, for the "Greet 50 people" challenge, your minimum goal is to get 50, but you're also competing against everyone else for the most greetings, so you will want to go as far past it as possible. Get it?

BTW I'll include everyone that's posted and PM'd me in this; I just can't add you to the participants list because of the stupid editing rule.

Titan

Don Juan
Reaction score
2 Hours 36 Minutes late.. Hope you can still accept me..
Looks like you've inspired alot of us lurkers to creep out from under our rocks, this should be fun!

confidenceman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been lurking here for a while, but I registered for this.
This is something I have been wanting to do and I am dedicated to completing this.
I'm in.

Titan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go out and say hello to literally everyone I see. This is going to be a right pain to tally though!

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright motherf*ckers! Today is the first day of Week #1!

The material for Week 1 starts on page 16 of the PDF file linked in the OP and the exercises start on page 25. For convenience I'll quote below:

Exercise 1
In two separate outings, each lasting one hour in length, you will go about establishing eye contact with strangers.

A fun way to go about doing this is to walk around in a mall or in a park and look people directly in the eyes as they are walking towards you. You will find that most people will not look at you in the eyes, but for those who do look you in the eye, you will want to practice looking in their eyes at least one second longer than they look into yours, this denotes confidence. To create the impression that you are friendly and approachable, you will want to match the eye contact with a genuine smile.

You can practice eye contact on just about anyone you see, male or female, young or old. But since the eventual goal of this Boot Camp is to acquire women, you will want to spend at least some of your time establishing eye contact with attractive girls.

Exercise 2
A confident person has no problem saying Hi to a stranger, and since the first part of this Boot Camp is geared toward building confidence, the goal of this exercise is to go around and say Hi or Hello to a total of 50 strangers during this week. Again, you can say Hi to any person you see, but since eventually your goal will be to get girls, you will want to practice saying Hi to attractive girls. Also, when greeting strangers, practice doing so with a smile and have fun.

And to save time, feel free to combine exercises 1 and 2 together, so that you can go about greeting your 50 strangers during your eye contact outings (e.g. Establish eye contact, smile, and say Hi when you are within speaking range).

After completing this exercise (no later than April 28 - one week from today), post your results on the response thread (link at the top of the lesson). Share with the rest of us anything interesting that happened, and what emotions you may have felt (excitement, nervousness, joy, etc.), as well as what you thought of this first lesson.

Good luck recruits!
So our goals for this week are:
Make eye contact with 50 people.
Say hello to 50 people.

For the competition's purpose I am not going to count the eye contact thing just because it is too hard to determine, so for the sake of the competition I'm only going to be counting the greetings.

Read the source articles, get yourself pumped up, and get out there and do this! I don't want to hear any f*cking excuses from anyone because this is the first exercise and it's the easiest.

Post your results, stories, feelings, etc... in this thread. At the end of the week we'll tally up and see who wins.

Got it? Now get the f*ck out there and start greeting people! :cool:

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
First Post!!!

Friday, April 9th
Ok, so I started bootcamp today. Went to the gym, said hello to people that made eye contact with me.

Total hello's: 7 Strangers.
Also made a new acquaintance at the gym.

Saturday, April 9th

Total hello's: 8 Strangers
Done at a grocery store. So far so good. I can't wait for the biggest challenge which is week 4!

Last edited:

master-p

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 1, day 1

Friday, April 9th

This is the first day of my journey:yes: . So in the morning i took the bicycle to school so i could say more hello's to people. I tried to make eye contact to people and say hello. Some people looked away and tried to avoid eye contact. sometimes i was thinking to myself wtf am i doing:crazy: . i said in the morning 3 hello's. After school i started to read the articles. i went to the boxing gym and say 3 hello's to people.

Total hello: 6 strangers

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought about doing this....dunno if I really have time....

Anyway, here is an idea for you guys. Create a blog to keep up with your progress. That way you can chronicle your challenge and your thoughts on it and everyone can link to each others blog. you can also throw your blog in your sig so everyone can see your progress when you post. Just a thought.

I use wordpress for my fitness and financial blog, blogger is also a good one.

http://www.blogger.com/
http://wordpress.com/

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have 11 so far. Said hello to some random people at school for some. For dinner me and my friend went to this fish fry where they sit you down with strangers and so I chatted up some of them. Also at night (I was pretty drunk for these haha) I opened up a 4-set just to chat and also had a really long conversation with the pimpest 86 year old guy on earth who was telling me stories about WW2 and f*cking some French prostitute on the Eifel tower and being the last voice of popeye haha. Also chatted up two dudes at this food stand.

So I'm at 11 after day 1. :cool: