NEW Bootcamp Starting Friday 4/9 - Competition!

master-p

Don Juan
Reaction score
In the beginning of this week i thought that this excersise was easy and i didnt see the depth of the excersise. Now i can see a little change in me, i care less about the reactions from people. And that is what i need for this bootcamp.

Donnie Darko

Don Juan
Reaction score
I went out of town this past weekend to visit a girl and got back on Monday night so I'm getting a late start to this. I've been making eye contact and saying hello to people at the pizza shop, gas stations, grocery store, CVS, and a bar I went to last night. I'm currently at 22.

Update: Went out to lunch and greeted another 4 people. Running total is 26.

2nd Update: Went out to lunch and greeted another 3 people. Felt pressured to continue so that I could catch up so I went to the mall and greeted another 12 people. Running total is 41.

Last edited:

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice catch up! You'll make the 50 for sure.

I'm currently at 34. Sorry if I keep posting in this thread but otherwise I'd constantly lose track of where I'm at. :)

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I basically forgot to post in this thread, lmao. Well here's what happened the last week to the best of my memory. Also note that my job basically consists of me socializing with people (server at a bar) so while I'll put a estimate of the amount of people I socialized with at work I'll keep it separate from the socializing I did outside of work.

Fri:
So basically all I did fri was work and run a **** load of errands. Greeted a bunch of people while out and had a couple convos (including a cute asian girl at a starbucks).

Outside of work: 12-15 greetings
At work: Socialized with about 10 people

Sat:
Worked all day, did a 11 hour shift (bartending in the day, serving at night for UFC). My weekend was pretty lame actually. Did chat up chick that's a friend of a friend, didn't get her number since she was with some guy she's dating (I'll need to get her number soon).

Outside of work: 8-9 greetings
At work: Socialized with this big group watching a hockey game (about 10 ppl). Had drinks bought for me, lol

Sun:
Another boring day at work. Got off early and hit up a bar for a hour or so. Was hoping to see chick from sat again, no such luck.

Outside of work: About 13 greetings
At work: Not much socializing today, just straight slinging drinks. Had conversations with maybe 5 people.

Mon:
Nothing much, studied. Chatted up a couple girls at starbucks.

Greetings: 6-7

Tues:
Checked out a couple of gyms, looking to start lifting to recover some of the muscle mass I lost in the last year.

Greetings: 5-6

Wed:
Did absolutely nothing today. Went to grab a coffee. Just taking it easy today and finish up some school work before the wknd.

Greetings: 4

Total so far (not counting work): Somewhere around 49-53

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Went out last night, greeted about 20 people (that I can remember), and got a phone number to boot!

edit: so that puts me at 30.

OamImrsNemo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went Grocery shopping this Am got 10. Went cloths shoppin with another 10.

Total 20

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard to keep track as I sometimes do this w/o thinking about it, but I'll just go with the ones I definitely remember.

Friday - 10
Saturday - 3
Sunday - Tues - 0
Today - 7 at the doctors office.

Total right now: 20

Going out tonight and will KILL this now that its on my mind.

SIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Forty0ztoFreedom said:
Hard to keep track as I sometimes do this w/o thinking about it, but I'll just go with the ones I definitely remember.
I write um down so i def remember, plus it really becomes a game in your own head when you put your goal next to it :p ....so far got 52 gotta squeeze at least 25 tomorrow

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
April 14th

6 Hello's.

Met a HB at the gym. But I didnt start a convo with her because her dad is there. Lameeee.

Total: 42

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Up to 47; I'm starting to get to the point where I just don't care what anyone else thinks anymore. :cool:

If Sixth I Will

Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
Dude, come on! There is nothing to be afraid of! Go out and say hello to the next 5 people you meet, regardless of whether or not they are looking at you, if they have ear phones in, if they're deaf, who cares. Just do it and you'll figure that out. You really have to step up because this is not that hard, especially compared to the rest of the challenge. So stop being a pvssy, pick up your balls and go do it. It's just saying hello to people ffs!
You're totally right. Thanks for the motivation JLay. I'm going to need to make a dedicated trip out to do this. Trying it while running other errands isn't good enough. I need total focus. I'm at 8 today but I'll finish this up right away. I need to get to the point where I don't care anymore (like you guys have mentioned).

The Conductor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok here's my report! Just came back from a family trip on Wednesday, but did most of my hi's today. Alright, i'll admit this it's been quite easy for me these past few days cause they are my country's water festival and national holiday, so a lot of my hi's that I initiated were from people out on the street in a celebratory mood. :) My count is about 51, removing those hi's that were too soft etc.

I find that FOR ME "GETTING" THE EYE CONTACT PORTION OF THE EXERCISE BEFORE SAYING HI IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Before I say hi I feel should establish eye contact with the person from some distance while having a cheerful expression, walk towards him/her and smile and say hi, cause if I just say random hi's to someone who might not even have noticed before, the person will have a "Oh you were talking to me?" look on her face. Another reason is that I've found that some of my early hi's were just me sputtering out the word softly to get it over with, so it was more like talking to myself rather than conversing with the other person, so eye contact forced me to do the exercise properly.

At first i consciously found some frames for my mind to be in during the exercise, eg telling myself not to make the whole aim of my outing to collect hi's, to just pretend that I'm on my way to something and just enjoying the journey and saying hi's as a result of my carefree mood. However after my tally got well in the 10's (all with eye contact) everything just came naturally I didn't have to think.

Ok, now what I'm gonna work on as an extension of the 1st Eye Contact exercise is the CHIC EYEF*CKING GAME. Like staring deep into a chic's eyes at another table at a restaurant with a half smile, DARING HER to look away first. After she looks away and checks back on me again she'll smile or laugh, and we'll gaze at each other at intervals throughout dinner, our eyes laced with desire:D. I got a few prolonged eye flirts and smiles with chics during the eye contact exercise when I stayed in the same place for some time after initial eye contact, though I know that I will need a REAL SOLID MINDSET to pull this eyef*ck off, but hey, what's like a challenge?:rockon: After all, I wanna develop my "James Bond mindset" :D

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
12 Hi's so far, including one chick that just kinda stared back puzzled. Total: 42. 8 more to go before the deadline.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EVERYONE THAT IS PARTICIPATING PLEASE HAVE YOUR TOTALS POSTED BY TONIGHT OR TOMORROW MORNING.

I'll list them all up and score them tomorrow afternoon, probably. I will also be posting the material for week 2 tonight, so feel free to start on those articles before tomorrow.

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I doubt I'll be going out again today so I'll post my total now

Total: about 57

SIX

Don Juan
Reaction score
im in for the rest of the day too.. i finished at 71.. its a lot easier as it goes on towards the end of this week i felt like I've been a d!ck for not greeting more ppl in the past. Defiantly a helpful first step.