Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Bad idea.

Votes: 27 32.1%

• Total voters

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 Weeks To Vh1 Pick-up Artist Mystery

WELL I LIKED the previews, it will be interesting to see how the techniques equate with the protege wannabe's.

I am sure you all have comments to make but lets hold the hate til after the show airs shall we.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah I cant wait either.....

....I cant wait till the 'looks DONT matterists' start using the episodes as evidence against looks matter theory. Yet doing so will be hypocritical, becuase every time ricorico et al. have cited Reality TV examples demonstrating how hot women just cant do it with fugly guys, the 'looks DONT matterists' cry out "ITS FAKE, ITS TV..IT DOESNT COUNT!"

So, will this VH1 show be fake too 'looks DONT matterists'? :crackup: oh, Im sure youll want to make an exception here wont you guys.

But no matter, what is shown in this new show, Im 100% positive it will be consistent with the predictions of looks matter theory. Too bad we cant say the same about a "looks dont matter" theory when trying to explain Reality TV examples cited by Ricorico. :crackup: This just shows which theory is the "stronger" one here, you know, the one that can explain ALL observations, not just some. ;)

Honda-821

Don Juan
Reaction score
im not sure if this is going to be very good for the rest of us.
think about it, there will be more competition, plus women will be watching it so its like giving out our secrets. yes i know there are many websites about that kind of stuff online, but that is a lot different than a very popular public television show. just my 0.02$

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, i'm really no looking foreward to it I hope it sucks and is taken off air. Mabye if sousuave gets toogether and complains, but I doubt it.

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah watch him mention how there is already "a community online about this at sosuave.net" ****!

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zerix said:
Yeah watch him mention how there is already "a community online about this at sosuave.net" ****!
Yeah, if sosuave is mentioned you're gonna have to be careful about posting your picture or using a screenname you use for other sites/services.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the show will take off at first; its a unique show about guys trying to pick up women based on mystery's supposedly great method (thats what the show is about right?) so it will be appealing to many men. Many guys will feel they can learn something by watching this show, so they think. But they will quickly realize it doesnt really teach anything useful or practical, more just an entertaining show about guys getting humiliated and rejected by women and occasionaly succeeding, and then attributing their success to Mystery's method. nothing useful will actually be taught on this show. The guys will realise this show isnt teaching them anything useful like they thought, theyll stop watching, and then ratings will drop.

This show will turn out to be more entertaining than enlightening, I guarantee you that. I too predict there will be females watching the show and luaghing at some of the stuff the guys are trying that are supposed to work according to Mystery.

Also, if mystery's method really works as he advertises it, then all of his students will have nothing to worry about as far as it still being an effective method. Just becuase women all over the US watch some show thats giving away Mystery's secrets isnt going to make them stop working on women (assuming his stuff actually works). women will watch the show and think "yeah, I agree, thats right, that would work on me". It wont lose its effectiveness and it doesnt have to stay secret to be effective....that is, if it actually works.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zerix said:
I doubt it, hes going to mention websites that directly lead to his e-books (venusian arts I beleive?), so he can make more money selling his theories that suckers, I mean men will buy.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh c'mon, anyone confident in their game wouldn't be alarmed. Sure it might mainstream our world a little but a Don Juan is a Don Juan, woman have no choice but to feel attracted and nothing can change that.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Heart Break. I could care less about this. Part of being a DJ is developing your own natural game your comfortable with. I don't see what mystery could say thats gonna cause any problems for me. If it does I'll see it as a challenge.

Honda-821

Don Juan
Reaction score
mpimpin said:
I agree with Heart Break. I could care less about this. Part of being a DJ is developing your own natural game your comfortable with. I don't see what mystery could say thats gonna cause any problems for me. If it does I'll see it as a challenge.
ya true.
i think the movie industry might help the show plumit too. they always show how the guy that gets all the girl is good lookin, buys girls everything, will do anything for them, and such a nice guy. so if they even try out the information he supplys, and fails horribly then they might start to think that its all bs and go for the movie style romance to get girls.
because that would probly get you further than being a goofy a**hole that is really nervous (even though the girl will be leading you on most likely)

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zerix said:

Mystery has never had anything to do with ss, and this really isn't a community of people who agree with him. There are way more pua websites that mystery is a direct part in that should be concerned. Anyone here who cares hasn't learned a thing.

Like I said I haven't seen an increase in membership at my gym since celebrity fit club, why should I give a fck about my chances at picking up girls after mystery's show?

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God_of_getting_layed
So what, dude. You're winning a scientific debate on an internet forum.
Nobody gives a fuuck about it. Why do you keep bringing it up?

Off course looks matter, but there are a lot of fugly guys getting hot ass.
A lot of factors add up and practicly everything is possible.
Good looking guys get more chicks in general.
There are some exceptions. Like this ugly pimp.

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060615/060615_jayZ_vmed_4p.widec.jpg

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's not make this a "looks matter/don't matter" debate thread.

As far as the show goes, well we'll see...

I can think of 3 other men's advice shows that didn't make it.

e-lie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
U afc's need to grow up I started this thread to hear what u thought so stop crying.I don't like him but he's doing his thing.

domino

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anybody remember the masked magician? When he revealed all the secrets on tv on how magic tricks are done. Mystery is doing the same thing in a way and every magician hated the masked magician and after Mystery's show goes live he will be hated by pick-up artist everywhere.

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anybody know the date an time this premiers?

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mystery is a complete fag. He's got his supposed "pickup" stuff online. I've seen it. You can look at it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-quMo2nOQYg&mode=related&search=

Look at his stupid approaches. Why is everyone wearing ****ing white while walking away. Annnnnnnnd back to me... to tell a story that's going to be heard a thousand times (one about chicks fighting) in the game because he's going to broadcast it on his pilot. Then the energy ****ing thing was so textbook lame. All of his girls were 7s at best.

Then his buddy Neil Strauss was so high and mighty after the game. Blah, blah, blah. Wonder what happened to his gorgeous girlfriend? He got dumped and she went for a UK singer or something like that. :crackup: No wonder he has disappeared.

They're just businessmen (overrated at the PU) selling a product that is definitely going to make it harder for us to compete at first.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just saw the ad for the show. LMAO!! You guys are worried about this? It looks like a joke. Mystery looks like a gay butt pirate.