More feminist type BS --- Men being Men is Bad

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by alboh
Rollo--

. A good example of this is the current debate over the "glass ceiling" effect in corporations -- there is an ongoing discussion within the feminist community over how much the unproportionality of female executives can be blamed on sexism, and how much on the fact that women tend to put family before their jobs.

the reason women don't advance in corporations is because they actually think that if they work really hard they will advance to that level. Well as men we know that it doesn't work that way. You have to do things yourslef and start your own business and that is the only sure way to get someplace. You don't put your nose in someones ass for the rest of your life and expect to get some place. If women want to become the CEO they have to start their own company and make it work. Women for the most part are only learning about the work place. From my experience too many women in the office is a bad thing. They all hate each other and they all fight. They never enforce rules or anything and they get stressed out to no end. They can't even handle it when the boss gets mad and they usually end up crying.

I also think that women should start filling some of the less wanted and more dangerous industrial jobs before they have ANY right to complain about not being the one on top. The fact over 80% of work related fatalities are men.

I honestly think that it won't be long and women as a whole will run back to the kitchen. They always do come running back anyway.

On one hand, women have achieved great gains in equality in past few decades. On the other hand, they still get less pay for the same work, still get sexually harassed, still get called "feminazis", still have to deal with all the pressures from fashion magazines and models.
sexual harassment is when a hot girl in the office walks by a bunch of guys and doesn't put out. There have been sometimes when I've just wanted to take some of those hot girls and bang them at my desk. But alas.... I can't do that. :(

Actually women's studies seems to be morphing into something alot more inclusive -- Gender Studies, which encompasses relations, similarities and differences between the sexes, how they interact, all the way to the issues facing those who are asexual/transsexual/etc.
[/quote]

no, I would say that women's studies are trying to blur the definition of gender. ie, lower men to their level. This goes against the natural order of humanity ..

I guess what I'm basically saying is that all those who take a shallow look at feminism and stereotype feminists as a bunch of b1tchy spoiled girls who want to ruin their fun are really cheating themselves of a real understanding of what it's all about.
feminism is all about selfishness.

Last edited:

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crowes22
Come on alboh, answer me please!

Don't run and hide like you liberals always do.

You say Hannity is afraid to debate, BS, you know it.

I'll debate you alboh, bring it on, let's GO!
How old are you?

crowes22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rock on Kevin, YOU are a patriot of freedom!

Stay the course! I AM, as many others WITH YOU!

Wake up people!

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crowes22, I have decided that instead of replying to your arguments I'm just going to repeat them so everyone can read over them one more time.

You believe:
1) That it is more likely that I am a female feminist who has been impersoning a young man here for three years and 600+ realistic posts just so I could post something supporting of feminism at the bottom of one post than it is likely that there is at least one guy out there who doesn't hate feminists.

2) That I can just call up Rush or Hannity any time I want and be patched right through, ahead of the hundreds of other people calling.

3) That I know that you are right, but for some reason I'm constructing incredibly complex arguments against you because I am a "liar".

4) That you and Sean Hannity are right about everything, all the time (you must be some kind of diety then).

5) That the Democrats and the Republicans represent the whole spectrum of political thought in existence.

6) That anyone who doesn't support the United States is against freedom.

7) Every Democrat in the entire world is a "phony" who really wants to drag down the USA (because they're evil secret agents, like the feminists?).

8) That I'm a Democrat.

9) That the Democrats, who during the Clinton years supported limited access to abortion, made it tougher for the poor the get assistance, made drug laws even harsher, saw incarceration rates rise to record highs and actively prevented the UN from stopping the genocide in Rwanda, are a left-wing party.

10) That Michael Moore completely represents the entire left-wing, so if he trips up than everyone with left-wing views in the entire universe it stupid and wrong.

Please confirm that these are your beliefs before we continue. They are all taken nearly verbatim from your post.

Finally, I'd like to issue a challenge to you. Since you believe I'm a female and too afraid to debate a right-winger, I will call YOU or vice-versa if you'd like to pay for long distance and we can sort this out, off the board. I debate right-wingers all the time, you see. One of my best friends, a right-wing Libertarian with an IQ of 165 and I have been trading 2000-word arguments on the Iraq war for a month now. Will you accept my challenge?

slatki

Reaction score
To End This.

People you are making the whole issue very confusing and complicated. The fact is everyone has their own opinion and you can not make them change it.

It doesn't even matter who's right and who's wrong, the world is how you percive it. You can believe what ever you want, just take eveything with a grain of salt and do not try to force your ideals onto other people.

When someone believes something, there is nothing you can say to make them change their minds. An example would be if I came up to a Priest and said there is no god. No matter what prof I showed him, he would never believe me.

The only time you should tell someone your view is if they want to hear it, if they want to change and are open to the idea.

Lastly I leave you with this quote...

"To Each His Own"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Veni, Vidi, Vici." - Julius Caeser

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well.. I'm sure that if you were a female you would be willing to have a mud wrestling contest in your bikini. A right vs left match.

The only problem is that you might get your CFM boots dirty.

Alboh: "I'm a democrat"

crowes22: "Im a republican"

00Kevin: "I'm not guilty, just pimpin"

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Reaction score
To End This.
People you are making the whole issue very confusing and complicated. The fact is everyone has their own opinion and you can not make them change it.

It doesn't even matter who's right and who's wrong, the world is how you percive it. You can believe what ever you want, just take eveything with a grain of salt and do not try to force your ideals onto other people.

When someone believes something, there is nothing you can say to make them change their minds. An example would be if I came up to a Priest and said there is no god. No matter what prof I showed him, he would never believe me.

The only time you should tell someone your view is if they want to hear it, if they want to change and are open to the idea.

Lastly I leave you with this quote...

"To Each His Own"
Nobody worth his salt will agree with that. How can you trust people to agree, to debate, to lead or follow if you won't open your damn mouth on the off chance they might now want to hear it? All this Each his own dog**** is only make-do. Keep on doing it if you want to be swept into the pile of nobodiness.

We don't need another man who's an unassailable island of conviction, disconnected from the rest of the world except from what the waves bring.

**** this, we need LEADERS OF MEN today. EVERYTIME you hear **** that is crap, I'm counting on you to SPEAK UP about it, not shut your mouth like a sissy boy.

ANd that is not all. When you speak up don't act like a ****er. When you're fighting feminists or academics or doing so in anything that goes into mass media you better make sure you have the right combination of logic and charisma. Name calling and paranoid accusations will do JACK to help our cause.

It is better to attack the message than the person. To quote Sun Tzu, the best strategy is to defeat the opponent's strategy, the weakest is to seek battle attempting to win out of luck.

This Toronto Sun article is so easily DEMOLISHED that I'm surprised there has not been concerted effort. Maybe if the rest of you got into the act, learnt the ability to argue instead of shutting up like pussies, maybe we'd get somewhere.

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny thing is that the Toronto Sun is Toronto's right-wing, lowbrow newspaper. If you guys actually think that's common feminist thought then you don't even know thy enemy. Maybe you should actually learn about what feminism is before you decide it's the root of all your problems.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

No response from Val yet...:rolleyes:

We must've scared her off.

I'm thinking of writing to the editor now...:p

Cheers,
Mav

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny thing is that the Toronto Sun is Toronto's right-wing, lowbrow newspaper. If you guys actually think that's common feminist thought then you don't even know thy enemy. Maybe you should actually learn about what feminism is before you decide it's the root of all your problems.
alboh,

Yes, let's talk about feminism shall we.

There was a time where women couldn't own property, couldn't vote, couldn't seek higher education, couldn't receive equal pay for equal work, etc. All these inequities required addressing.

However, the feminist movement has been derailed along the way and the current form it has taken is detrimental not only to women but to men as well.

The feminist movement has sold women a faulty bill of goods and made promises to them that can't be achieved.

Promise #1: Women Can Have It All

Women were told that they could have it all. Career, family, friendships, community service, etc.

Feminism asserted that women ought to do what men do. Since men can't do what women can, i.e. bear children, this put a double whammy on women. Now women had to contribute to the family finances and have kids. This is "equality" honey, don't complain now!

Promise #2: Men and Women are Fundamentally the Same

Feminism asserted that males and females are essentially the same. It was cultural conditioning that turned empty vessels into gun playing boys and doll clutching girls. This notion has been VERY effective at changing the culture.

Isn't it intuitive that men and women are fundamentally different? In my mind, there is a "maleness" and "femaleness". I've touched on this in other posts and so I'm not going to repeat myself here. If anyone is interested here's my post on the subject:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=62832

Promise #3: Desirability is Enhanced by Achievement

Feminism asserted that the more a woman achieved, the more attractive and desirable she would become to men. I think that part of masculinity is achievement. Be that academically, career wise, in the business world, etc. Now women were told to make a mark in the world. This became the only measure of success that was worthy of respect by others. Women could no longer be respected for being mothers, daughters, wives, etc. They had to compete with men. That's the problem. Men and women are meant to be complementary and not adversarial to one another.

Personally, I appreciate a woman's unique feminine qualities - her love, her sensitivity, her vulnerability, etc. I don't want my gal to have the masculine qualities that I do. It just doesn't work for me.

Promise #4: Women's "Unrealized Potential"

Feminism asserted that all people, but especially women, have astounding untapped potential that has to be realized.

Just being average and going about life is not at all acceptable. YOU HAVE TO BE THE GREATEST. I'm all for striving for greatness but it's the journey that matters and not the destination itself. We can't all be Number 1 in whatever arena we're striving for but we can all become better people. That's the aim.

Promise #5: Sexual Sameness

Feminism asserts that men and women are the same sexually. This is courtesy of the sexual revolution.

The truth is that men can view sex and love as distinctly separate elements. For women it's not that easy.

When a woman has sex, it's an expression of love and commitment, in the guise or hope of the "relationship going somewhere", if it's not a commited and exclusive one already. This is why guys that are lovers can become the LTR guy but vice versa is difficult. I'm sure that there are women who behave as guys do with ONS and are not going to get emotionally entangled in an FB situation, but the vast majority of women are not like this.

Sex is a higher stakes activity for women then men too. She can become pregnant and if the guy won't pony up to be a father, he can just f#ck off and disappear while the girl has to play mommy by herself, if she keeps the child.

As well, I would say that most women are not promiscuous and would settle down with one good guy instead of sleeping from partner to partner. Is is any wonder that women are struggling with issues of self-esteem now more than ever before?

Promise #6: The Denial of Maternity as Feminine Identity

Many women have postponed marriage and childbearing to pursue their own personal development and career goals. We see this all the time.

Well, Nature marches on and a woman's reproductive system is limited by age. Childbearing is easier for a woman when she's in her 20s and 30s than in her 40s. The older she gets, the riskier pregnancy and childbirth becomes.

How many career women are now lamenting that they want a child and their biological clock is ringing in their ears? Plenty, I'd say.

Promise #7: Deny Your Femininity To Be Strong

Feminism attempts to blur gender distinctions. The characteristics that mark feminine women - softness, sweetness, kindness, the ability to relate well, etc. are judged as weak, silly, and stupid. In fact, they are considered as hallmarks to the time of women's "oppression" by men.

Only that which characterizes men - firmness, aggressiveness, competitiveness, etc. is deemed of value.

However, when women attempt to emulate masculinity, the end result is neither feminine or masculine.

Promise #8: Doing is Better Than Being

Feminism asserted that the achievement aspect of your life was more important than who you are, and how important you are to the people in your life.

Active is good, passive is bad. Traditional female behaviours, like being passive and receptive are ridiculed as demeaning to women. Only being the initiator matters, not being the responder.

To be female, comes naturally to most women, but they themselves have been made to feel uneasy in this role. In it's place, women strive to be aggressive, assertive, etc. and suppress their instincts.

Lie #9: The Promise of Self-Sufficiency

The "I don't need a Man" mantra of feminism.

No one exists in a void. Life is about sharing and helping each other out. Men and women do this is different ways, that's all.

Plus, I am one that believes that the true path to understanding one's self and place in the world is to interact with people and the world. Enlightenment does not come from isolation.

Men and women need each other.

Promise #10: Women Will Enjoy the Feminization of Men

Do we really need to talk about this one?

We now have a generation of men that is sensitive, nurturing, compassionate, yielding, etc. The problem is that women are now lamenting "where have all the real men gone?"

Huh??!! Wait a minute, men tried to become the very model of what feminists wanted men to be and it turns out that women don't want men like that and they don't respect men like that. Go figure.

Women don't want a "soft man". They want one that is firm but fair, strong, courageous, daring and bold.

Women want a manly man. Duh!!! Big yellow truck. Now it comes full circle.

When men become less like men, they're looked down upon by BOTH sexes as being wimpy, wussy and girly-men.

Funny that.

So, in conclusion feminism had a promising start with very good intentions but it has become a Frankenstein that needs to be reigned in.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that post was wonderfull Mav. I agree with everything you said.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

I'm in near 100% agreement with every statement said here. However, were this thread to be read by a woman, most of us would be considered misogynistic. Why is that?

As pointed out, women in the office IS usually a bad idea. Every encounter I've had over the past years has been bad, bad, bad.

*At a supermarket, upwards of 2 affairs occurred with uppermanagement. One with an unmarried woman, and one with a married woman.
*In my own office setting, the variability in age has done nothing to diminish their own estrogen-juiced ways. Still terrotorial and catty, clients and female co-workers have butted heads more often than male co-workers.

A key point is often missed when arguing on feminism and equality. I will outline this as such.

When you dial a phone number, in New England, it's 10 digits to call. By being off one number, even in the right area code, you still get the wrong location. Try as you might, and the number of possible outcomes is almost unfathomable, and impossible to get right.

Consider the cases of Testosterone versus Estrogen in the body and their overall effect on men versus women.

Estrogen is only 1 molecule removed from Testosterone, noting our similiarity. BUT, what are the EFFECTS of Testosterone versus Estrogen on the body?

Testosterone
*Causes muscle enchancement
*Fat reduction
*A natural drive for aggression
*The ability to handle 1 task at a time (as opposed to multi-tasking)
*Responsible for various forms of cancer.
*A "natural" hunter instinct.
*Conquering capabilities.
*Faculties enable controller of testosterone to have a good sense depth perception and distance, but lacking in recall skills with regards to direction, as in noting specific landmarks.
*Gregarious disposition.
*More cut and dry type of personality.
*Visual capability, but less feeling.
*See's fighting as normal.
*Inherent power.
*Effective Management of resources.

Estrogen
*Fat accumulation.
*Greater emotional sensitivity.
*A natural drive for nurturing and network building (i.e. nesting)
*Ability to note specific landmarks, but lack depth perception and spatial skills.
*Caring abilities.
*Protective drives that enable inner fighting over resources.
*See's fighting as abnormal.
*Lack of inherent power.

I'm of the firm belief that those without power use systems, overblown beliefs, morality, and rules to control those with "inherent" power.

When a boy is born, there's a natural belief he could become "a president, a general, a marine, a doctor, a lawyer, and actor, an athlete, and so on."

When a girl is born, what sort of expectations are made by the essence of her nature? When female cousins were born, it wasn't expected they'd be a "president, athlete, marine, and so on."

The argument is deeper than male versus female. Our biological makeup PREVENTS the utter POSSIBILITY of EVER being equal.

How can to beings, with dissimilar chemical makeups, ever expect to yield results?

That's like Carbon Monoxide versus Carbon Dioxide. Only 1 Oxygen atom, different, yet 1 is what we breathe out, and one is poisonous to us.

In fight, Brad Pitt noted that using Fat and Soap can yield Nitro Glycerin. How can such simple compounds in different structures yield such WIDELY different results?

It's much akin to the debate on Testosterone versus Androstenedione and it's other 'cousins.' Testosterone IMMEDIATELY reacts in the body producing notable physical and psycological results. While ANDRO has to be converted INTO something, and that argument STILL remains up in the air.

It's too simplistic to expect sexes, though born of the same cells, yet entirely chemically different to be considered equals. We're nothing more than a walking shell of cells, controlled chemicals under the direction of genes, which thereby control activation of those chemicals.

At the hands of genes, highly juiced testosterone owners are aggressive, goal-oriented individuals. But with estrogen the game chances. A great book on this is Heroes, Rogues, and Lovers.

The genes are responsible for expression of its traits, but its the chemicals within that determine the direction.

I'll make this known, studies have been done, and concluded that, people in the public eye, i.e. sales, politics, acting, broadcasting, maintain higher levels of Testosterone vs Estrogen than their peers. So, in theory, women who TOUT the equality of women are likely to be MORE HIGHLY juiced than the females we men interact with each day.

Moreover, women who were born of mothers with high T-Levels, yield children with higher than normal T-Levels, continuing the trend. A girl who has a twin brother is also likely to have MORE Testosterone than her counterparts because of the presence of Testosterone in the womb during pregnancy.

What am I getting at?

That the women, such as the Oprahs, the writers, the reporters, etc, are the women who FEEL more inclined to desire equality. As they should have it. But they're VERY VERY RARE.

I believe EQUAL RIGHTS EXIST. However, by virtue of our chemically DIFFERENT NATURES, there's no possible way, the same rights can work on such a different population.

I keep this in mind when seeing women. A girl with 2 brothers, who's highly developed at a young age, will respond BETTER to aggression than a woman who has sisters, and is only average in terms of development. Girls with more "T" will desire activity, action, and be more likely to be outgoing. Consequently, a woman who's mother ate meat while pregnant, or served meet during their growth years, will have been exposed to the chemicals present in commercially grown animals. The result will be that the chemical structure, OVER TIME is influenced, just as you are I taking shots of D-Bol.

It isn't that it excites me, or angers me, it's that there's greater complexity to life than imagined, and certain people make it their agenda to tout their beliefs as if they're a blanket of ideals. What has to be understood, is that works for you, won't necessarily work me, and vice versus.

Stuff like this goes missing, though, underneath "rights" and other issues, which is typically reserved to women and politicians.

A-Unit

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo--

Some women actually are campaigning to be put on combat duty, for one thing.

A few friends of mine are taking Women's Studies, and the whole thing is much more complicated. Feminism is reevaluating itself in many ways and looking at new approaches. A good example of this is the current debate over the "glass ceiling" effect in corporations -- there is an ongoing discussion within the feminist community over how much the unproportionality of female executives can be blamed on sexism, and how much on the fact that women tend to put family before their jobs.

On one hand, women have achieved great gains in equality in past few decades. On the other hand, they still get less pay for the same work, still get sexually harassed, still get called "feminazis", still have to deal with all the pressures from fashion magazines and models. That is, as a matter of fact, exactly what the fashion industry is trying to do to us guys right now -- make us insecure about our looks so we'll buy their beauty products/gym memberships/creams/pills/magazines/clothes/cars/etc.

Actually women's studies seems to be morphing into something alot more inclusive -- Gender Studies, which encompasses relations, similarities and differences between the sexes, how they interact, all the way to the issues facing those who are asexual/transsexual/etc.

I guess what I'm basically saying is that all those who take a shallow look at feminism and stereotype feminists as a bunch of b1tchy spoiled girls who want to ruin their fun are really cheating themselves of a real understanding of what it's all about.
Piss off, Alboh. You sound like a homo. :rolleyes:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, how did this thread go politcal?

ALBOH: I actually went through Women's/Gender Studies last semester as part of my Psych major. The main reason I took the class was because there are only 2 classes being offered on campus that complete a Capstone, Humanities and Diversity requirement in a single class - Holocaust Studies and Women's Studies. That's basically the estimation most women want you to think their 'sufferage' is on par with; the Holocaust. I chose Women's Studies because I basically wanted to put my money where my mouth has always been (literally and figuratively;) ) and also get inside what popular media and the feminization that it's gone through for the last 40+ years has been selling both men and women. I enjoyed debating these ladies as I was one of 2 guys in the Women's Liturature class.

The 'Glass Ceiling' is a convienient excuse-myth based on 1970's career expectations held over into the 21st century. Women have every opportunity to advance themselves either individually or collectively, but most are hampered in their efforts by this fiction that they can simultaneously attract men as a feminine while assuming the traditional masculine. They buy into, literally, trying to have it both ways and all modern feminism does is sell androgyny as this idealized state yet expecting men to fullfill their traditional roles.

Feminization is a means to employing this agenda and it has been everywhere since the late '60s. Literature, television, movies, children's media, our legal process, pop-culture and, as this article demonstrated, in the news media. It has been a systematic devaluation of any positivity in masculinity. Masculinity has been twisted into being a condition of ridicule, yet there's always an underlying desire to know "where all the cowboys have gone" or why can't men 'Man Up'? In light of this I'd challenge anyone to find a masculine character that is portrayed in the positive on TV. They are always ridiculed for their masculinity as a flaw needing a woman to correct them.

Even this article illustrates this generalization. A man being a man is subject to feminine correction, but the opposite never proves true. How often do we hear men as 'needing to get intouch with their feminine side', but never hear how a woman ought 'Man Up'. As if testosterone were a genetic flaw.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Interesting statistic...

Women represent 40% of America's lead and owned businesses, and is growing FASTER than the rate of male leadership and ownership.

In addition, attendance at college is up MORE for females than males.

One could take the argument that because "they've been persecuted, they're making up for lost time." However, I think they just realized it's there, go for it.

However, it appears to be a fallacy ruining our society that women can "maintain 2 tremendous roles: Motherhood and Work Life." The man assuming his role of Fatherhood and Provided is natural, hence why we're ultimately MORE successful in the long-run. Yet, few consider the ends of what is to be a bad journey.

While I believe women should do whatever they want in life, it is out of sync with nature to attend 4 years of college education at whopping $100,000 worth of debt, to work as a teacher for 4 years at $30k, then hop back out to raise kids. OR, the alternative being that MOST women cannot play the game of corporate politics. We all have our own strategies.

But perfectly laid out is Jennifer on "The Apprentice" as she partakes in no effort toward a group goal, but seeks to gain all the rewards of team play. In the end, they end bickering over each other's talents, feelings, or details, rather than the major issue:

HOW DO WE FIX THIS FVCK-UP?

Which, again, based on testosterone versus estrogen, is an inherent quality of MEN, but not normally WOMEN.

Why is it so bad to accept our sex as it is? Is that because "SOCIETY" portrays so many ideals and so much morality as how things should be, and that traditional roles are dehumanizing and/or debasing?

People wonder why thing are a miss with parenting. Look other than the breakdown of roles that worked. It wasn't MEN who designed the "system" of raising kids or even responsible for the differences between us, but long have we played according the rules set-forth.

If only women knew the level crap we take. I guess that's what you get for forging ahead. You can't assume top level without someone trying to "pick you off like a sniper."

Moreover, it does not behoove anybody for the true to men assume their rightful power. In fact, it's bad, for those aware of their own, or who lack it. Hence why those in lesser positions seek weak ploys to control others. And by controlling the minds of the populace, you control the populace.

The uniqueness has been lost of each other's sex. Dating as far back as the bible, one notes our unique and glorious differences. But since equality is not only a cop-out, and a hot-bed argument, it's touted so widely on the news. I care not for past injustices, and only for those I am part of. Knowing my view on women, I respect them as they deserve to be respected.

I have encountered only a few that have some feeling of roles, in which they expect a man to take care of certain duties, while they take care of others. Again, our inherent chemical make-up trends toward certain interests and habits.

A-Unit

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you are in an enviornment with lots of women, be very aware of the fact that most women don't get a long with each other. They try their best to hide it, but it doesn't take long to notice it.

At my office, the women all fight with each other and they have their own little groups. Some won't even go out to lunch if another women is present. It is very all immature. Even the level of gossip is disturbing. So when women go on about how good their networking skills are I have to strongly disagree. I'm sorry but I just don't see it. What I see is excessive gossip and cat fighting. Women are very territorial and they always think that men and rival women are out to get them. It is just funny.

Strangly all the women like me, but they don't like each other. Most of them have given me a back massage. it is just funny. so who has the better networking skills?

After my experiences in several office environments I would say that I won't be hiring a lot of women when I start my own company. Too many is just no damn good.

In my view, there are two types of working women. those that bring their home life to the office an those that take their work home with them.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re:

Originally posted by A-Unit
Interesting statistic...

HOW DO WE FIX THIS FVCK-UP?

Which, again, based on testosterone versus estrogen, is an inherent quality of MEN, but not normally WOMEN.

If only women knew the level crap we take. I guess that's what you get for forging ahead. You can't assume top level without someone trying to "pick you off like a sniper."

A-Unit
I don't think we have to fix it at all. I think that women will come running back to us eventually. In the meantime it will be a very painfull experience for them.

You just have to put the last 35 years into perspective. It is nothing compared to the thousands of years before that. Men are natural leaders and we are natural providers. If women want to try it let them. It just won't last long or change history in any major way.

Women are learning about the level of crap that we take now that they are working. They are more stressed out then ever and they are smoking more then ever too. It is all very amusing actually.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Promise #2: Men and Women are Fundamentally the Same

Feminism asserted that males and females are essentially the same. It was cultural conditioning that turned empty vessels into gun playing boys and doll clutching girls. This notion has been VERY effective at changing the culture.
Good point, but do a little more homework. In the early Feminist movement (i.e. pre-1970's) there was a lot of infighting about whether femininity was an inherent trait (physical) or a learned gender behavior. Needless to say behaviorists won out at some point, but there is still a faction that holds that it's nature rather than nurture that makes one feminine.

A-UNIT: There are lies, damn lies and statistics. Be sure to also quote the study of college women that stated that 85% of American univesity coeds were in college primarily to find a husband. It's called the 'MRS.' degree. And also look into the statistics regarding student loan and credit card debit for college women - that'll really shock you considering that that debt becomes community property after marriage (unles you get a pre-nup). So basically 'nice guy' marriage material guy will be footing the bill for the lingerie she bought to wear for the 'bad boy' frat guy or her 'girls' vacation to Cancun on Spring Break she paid for on the VISA.

00KEVIN: Very true. I've always held that women are more competitive than men, they just fight with different means. Men fight overtly, women fight covertly. Women are socialized very early in life to seek affirmation in attention and a collective (group) reinforcement. When one member fights with another it's rarely physical, but rather emotional. Ostracization from the group being more damaging than actual physical fighting since the effects are longer lasting. I've seen 6 year old girls do exactly this. This is why attention is such an important reinforcer for women; since they were girls it has been a means of self-affirmation as well as a competitive measure with other females.

Why else would the author of this article have a problem with a guy dating 40 women simultaneously? She's not sleeping with the guy - what real difference does it make to her personally, but yet she feels it's unjust for so many women to seek his attention that she should write and article (or have her 'journalistic' curiousity provoked) about why women ought not to.

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have time to read the full replies (I have a ten-page paper due in four hours :eek: ) but I am grateful at least that Rollo and A-Unit are hitting me back with some actual arguments for me to think about rather than "girls are naturally weak"/"get them back in the kitchen!" etc.

I read the first bit of your post A-Unit and that's why I was talking earlier about womens' studies turning into gender studies. Women do have advantages in a few areas, for example girls tend to do better than boys in elementary school and women have a slightly longer life expectancy. My point is that gender roles and relations are changing like never before seen. It's really interesting to look at when you include mens' issues in there too.

I will read & reply better later on when I have gotten some sleep, then I will either rebut or tell you I agree :D

Oh yeah, then there was this...

Originally posted by Don Juanabbe
Piss off, Alboh. You sound like a homo. :rolleyes:
Here's a shiny toy. Go play in the sandbox.