Looks are more important than you think! Merged [Official thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Great post. Remember here though, when we are talkin about "looks" we are not talking about our azz, our thighs, and our breasts, lol. Okay, that's common sense right? What we mean by "looks" is:

1. Our clothing style. Is it cool? Is in current? Is it new and clean looking?
2. Our grooming, smell, and hair. Is it nice?

That's really all there is to the "looks" part. Now guys understand, there must be a strong, undying, belief underneath this "style" that has beliefs such as:

1. I am the shyt.
2. Everybody else wishes they were me.
3. I am a leader.
4. All the women want me.

When I say beliefs, that doesn't mean thoughts. You program these "thoughts" into your mind, then you believe them. Once those beliefs are in place, what I just talked about on the "looks" part, YOU'LL DO NATURALLY. You'll naturally NEVER go out the house without looking your best.

So let's start from within and then out. It's like acting. Most terrible actors start from the outside in, they ask..."what would make them laugh?" "what would entertain them?" Instead of coming from the inside out, and asking, "what is it that I want in this scene?" "what is it that I want from such and such character?" What happens is that the actor begins to "think" like the character those he becomes him. Noooowww, you can dress him up with clothes and whatnot. Most actors start from the outside which explains why most "don't make it."

Hope I helped some bros around here.

DJF

Reaction score
Well, I've gone out the house looking good, and out of the house looking bad. It's a funny thing. When I'm dressed bad I feel more comfortable and slack, so I may be just more lazy in general. I still get some looks though.

If I'm dressed properly, then, I may get looks as well - but getting looks is meaningless if you are too shy to do anything.

I'd feel more bad if I was rejected and I looked good, but if look bad, I could take it in stride, because at least I know, I looked bad so it's nothing personal.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I must agree that looking your best makes you feel good but i have had girls attracted to me when i wasn't even attracted to myself

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
Well, I've gone out the house looking good, and out of the house looking bad. It's a funny thing. When I'm dressed bad I feel more comfortable and slack, so I may be just more lazy in general. I still get some looks though.

If I'm dressed properly, then, I may get looks as well - but getting looks is meaningless if you are too shy to do anything.

I'd feel more bad if I was rejected and I looked good, but if look bad, I could take it in stride, because at least I know, I looked bad so it's nothing personal.
Nah man, ditch that belief, its ok to be shy for now you are still improving, don't listen to most of these mother f*ckers on this board that hop on one day and then a week later go, "Alright great, I'm a real man now, I am headed on my path, women are coming to me like flies, and I am running through clubs picking up 9 and 10s every day ROAARRR!" Most of the time its Bs. and if that really happened for someone who claimed to be "AFC" in 7 days, then great, more power to them, but most real "AFCs" don't go from Nothing to richness in 7 days. Its ever growing man, the road to being a man is always winding, always curving, always moving into the horizon.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
way i see it, when i go out lookin fresh, im gettin looks from all over the place....so i aint insecure or anythin bout my looks and i got no problem goin out lookin a lil more laidback and less-well-kept. as long as i kno i got that power if i ever wanna pull it out then im good

not braggin or anythin, i think itd jus help if u guys felt that way bout yourselves

escobar04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
word

I love myself to death, clean, smell good, dress fresh, hair, tan, posture, body, man I can stare at the mirror all day

I know what you're saying

just look at Kanye and how he prepares, you cant just go out looking like a bum

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
ahhh see, lemme reiterate more now that i see some replies. looking "laid back" is very different than looking "like crap", cuz i personally think im da SHYT when im dressed all laid back and comfy in sweats and somethin ghetto like a baggy white T with a hoodie, but i also think im da SHYT when i go out clubbin or b4 a date........either case, i look in the mirror, and the confidence FILLS ME UP and then radiates onto every chick i talk to.

likewise, when i feel like im lookin kinda pale/overweight (like if i dont work out for a few days)/hair is messed up/shirt doesnt make me look muscular enough, i simply become an AFC who lacks the confidence to approach girls the right way.

YESTERDAY, i got the worlds worst haircut, as a guy in a salon tried to "blow out" my hair and ****ed it up REAL bad.....so now, when i look in the mirror, i got almost no confidence to go up to random girls....but if i put my hat on (i got a fwe nice ghetto lids) i look ****in SICK again and then im ready to hit on anythin that attracts me.

CONFIDENCE when it comes to dealing with girls really does come down simply to LOOKS LOOKS LOOKS

"skip, what about $$ and success and status??"

well, wat r u gonna do when u hit on a chick if u dont think ur good looking but u got everythin else? r u gonna wave around $10000 rite away? ru gonna tell her about being the President of ur company??

DO U GUYS EVEN KNO WHY GIRLS GO FOR GUYS WITH $$ AND STATUS??? DONT CONFUSE THIS FOR "LOOKS DONT MATTER" BECAUSE ALL THOSE RICH HIGH STATUS GUYS HAVE A "GOOD LOOK" NO MATTER HOW FAT OR SKINNY THEY ARE..............they dress nice, they smell nice, their hair is done right, they use their $$ to improve their looks drastically, making themselves attractive.

ITS ALL ****IN TIED TOGETHER.

however, u can be good looking without the $$...........but the KEY is to believe urself that U ARE BETTER THAN ALL THE *****ES OUT THERE!

period

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
not so obvious since everyone keeps wondering where to get confidence with women from

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skip2mylou781 said:
DO U GUYS EVEN KNO WHY GIRLS GO FOR GUYS WITH $$ AND STATUS??? DONT CONFUSE THIS FOR "LOOKS DONT MATTER" BECAUSE ALL THOSE RICH HIGH STATUS GUYS HAVE A "GOOD LOOK" NO MATTER HOW FAT OR SKINNY THEY ARE..............they dress nice, they smell nice, their hair is done right, they use their $$ to improve their looks drastically, making themselves attractive.

ITS ALL ****IN TIED TOGETHER.

however, u can be good looking without the $$...........but the KEY is to believe urself that U ARE BETTER THAN ALL THE *****ES OUT THERE!

period
Very true. 9 times out of 10 they'd rather be girlfriend to the "rich looking" poor guy than the "slobby looking" millionaire.

Reaction score
Jester, why did you say this?
"This shyt's pretty obvious more like common sense."

It's funny you say that though. Because, and remember this buddy okay? To be successful in life is usually so fvckin obvious and common sense, however, MOST PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT.

Most people think it's more than it is, most people turn life into a chemistry project. Most people overanalyze stuff that's done being analyzed, etc.

Getting rich is pretty fvckin obvious, more like common sense. When you open a business or do sales, all you do is solve other people's problems. Simple right? What do most do though? They talk about their presentation, their product, etc., they don't solve the customer's problems becasue they never give the customer a chance to talk about it.

Pretty simple right?

Creating wealth is easy. Real estate, it's simple. Most people just make it out to be sooo hard, you just got to know the area, what you are investing in, etc,. you just got to know what you are doing for the property you want.

Women? Most simplest thing in the world. Behave like an alpha male, it's done! Approach 10 girls in one day, get 6 numbers, fvck 3 within 2 two days. You got a pvssy flow of 3 girls in one day.

Pretty simple right?

Why do we make life so complicated Jester? You tell me bro?

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I am a 10 all the time.

Leonardo

Reaction score
I completely disagree with your confidence theory skip.

What you have is not confidence at all, it's what I call feminine posture. What you think of yourself should never, and I mean never ever depend on exterior factors. This is not exhibiting Male qualities, only females depend on their looks for confidence. This does not mean not to look your best, looking your best is just part of your influence, but like I said it should never affect your confidence.

A great example of this is the boxer Muhammad Ali. Ali always bragged about being the greatest, he even called himself the prettiest man ever. He said this whether he was in great condition before fights or after being bloodied up with a puffy face at the end of a 15 round bout. He exhibited confidence at all times disregarding his physical appearance.

Being a Don Juan is not about looking good, not about getting pumped up before going out, it is about being the best, the greatest. It is about having supreme confidence, non-wavering confidence, it is about having belief in yourself, it is about being what you want to be. Never let your inner qualities be affected by outside factors.

Dress nicely, indeed, but that should not change the way you think about yourself.

Think about this, what if you woke up and found no milk in the fridge, so you put on some tacky clothes to go the grocery. While there you saw the finest girl ever, would you approach or let her go because you didn't get that haircut and brand new shirt, and thus you didn't "feel that you look better than her"?

Think about it.

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you know how i approach hotties? by seeing through it. through the coloured contact lens, through the high heel shoes, through the tan, through the bra inserts, through the make-up, through the clothes. and approach them to see if there's more to them than what's on the outside.

oh and when i asked my friend who is average looks about how he can pull the hb8's and 9's he said "hey man its as simple as this, you either agonize over how unattractive you think you are or realize that it doesn't matter so long as you accept yourself for who you are." that and he said having a great personality really helps too.

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Leonardo said:
I completely disagree with your confidence theory skip.

What you have is not confidence at all, it's what I call feminine posture. What you think of yourself should never, and I mean never ever depend on exterior factors. This is not exhibiting Male qualities, only females depend on their looks for confidence. This does not mean not to look your best, looking your best is just part of your influence, but like I said it should never affect your confidence.

A great example of this is the boxer Muhammad Ali. Ali always bragged about being the greatest, he even called himself the prettiest man ever. He said this whether he was in great condition before fights or after being bloodied up with a puffy face at the end of a 15 round bout. He exhibited confidence at all times disregarding his physical appearance.

Being a Don Juan is not about looking good, not about getting pumped up before going out, it is about being the best, the greatest. It is about having supreme confidence, non-wavering confidence, it is about having belief in yourself, it is about being what you want to be. Never let your inner qualities be affected by outside factors.

Dress nicely, indeed, but that should not change the way you think about yourself.

Think about this, what if you woke up and found no milk in the fridge, so you put on some tacky clothes to go the grocery. While there you saw the finest girl ever, would you approach or let her go because you didn't get that haircut and brand new shirt, and thus you didn't "feel that you look better than her"?

Think about it.
Being the greatest is about presenting yourself well. If you walk out of the house looking dirty, your teeth not brushed and looking dank from a night of drinkin and smokin, smelling bad, etc, the not many people are going to want to talk to you. Being confident in your looks are important because YOU WORK TO MAINTAIN them. Its like being proud of your car, or proud of the house you built with your own two hands, YOU WORKED for it and you work to keep it, so you should be PROUD. And you should be confiden that once you have done you're very BEST to look well and BE great, that nothing else matters. That's the point of looking good, because you need to work to look GREAT if you want to, all the reasons people give for being unattractive or not looking good is generally BS to me because it takes what? An additional 3 minutes to brush your teeth, wash your face and throw on a pair of decent looking jeans a tee short and some sandals? Maybe FIVE.

Edit: You know what, **** five minutes, I can pull off looking good in my pajamas and a t shirt, it's not difficult to look good.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
skip2mylou781 said:
id like to c how u look self-mastery....and how old are u?
Unless you come to the A-town and happen to run into me, good luck at checking me out.

I'm 26 and Yes I am a 10 all the time...

When I'm sweaty from working out
When I wake up in the morning with morning crust
When I'm working in my yard and smell funky
When I paint my house and have semi-gloss on me
When I was fat and broke

I'm always a 10.

I will not allow something as superficial as clothing to dictate my mental frame. Leo said it best "feminine posturing," I don't need faux confidence from having my hair cut or wearing a nice shirt. Women appreciate a well taken care of man, but YOU should not base your own worth on this kind of BS. No one wants to date the ugly girl in the cute outfit.

Maybe we need to ask ourselves, what is our true worth???

Forum members-

What makes you a worthwhile date, fk buddy, friend, or bf???

Is it your money, your cool shirt, or is it something a little more special that makes you the kind of guy that people love to be around?

What are you worth???

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not talking about clothes (maybe skip is), what I'm talking about are PHYSICAL looks that you work for. Working out, clearing up acne, eating well, getting contacts are eye surgery, whatever, practicing gymnastics, track, etc, these all make YOU look better, not the clothes, and these are the things you should be confident in. Did you wear braces for four years to get your teeth straightened? Hell yea feel good about that. Did you wash your hair and make an effort to make it look great? HELL YEA feel good about that. You had acne and you cleared it up through a good diet and working out? HELL YEA FEEL GOOD ABOUT THAT. You ditched your glasses for a natural look? FEEL GOOD. Worked out for a better body? FEEL GOOD. I don't hate women for being confident in their looks, they worked for it, they deserve it, just like I do. I don't need to repeat affirmations to make myself feel good anymore, BECAUSE I WORKED SO THAT I NATURALLY FELT GOOD. That's what skips getting at, and I agree with him 10000%.

Status
Not open for further replies.