Looks are more important than you think! Merged [Official thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelusPUA

Banned
Reaction score
Melbourne (Aus) Little Bahma (Bahamas) Marbella (S
I'm not obsessed with getting a HB10, In fact I got a beautiful Spanish woman sleeping in my bed in the other room and to me she is a HB10 simply because she has an amazing personality and looks amazing. I know I mentioned HB10 a lot but I was just trying to illustrate a point.

Anyway I haven’t slept in well over 24 hours (I can’t sleep on airplanes) probably the impeding feeling that I could drop out of the sky at any given moment.

So I'm going to bed goodnight everyone.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AngelusPUA. Dude, let these punks be in denial the rest of their lives. While the people who accept this philosophy move on to be better looking and more successful, the nonbelievers will still be memorizing lines and sarging all day long with their skinny ass selves thinkin "confidence" is all they need.

ok that is the end. don't waste your damn time trying to change everyone you come across Angelus. Voice your opinion and give advice. if they wanna take it they can, if not they can fok off and stagnate. I'm just sayin my **** once. I don't have time to wait around and convert fukers who are gonna give me a hard time because honestly i don't give enough a sh1.t

however, if someone is open to my advice and help I will do all I can to help them improve and develop into a better person they wanna be. PEACE

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aerospace said:
There is something extremely sad and shallow going on on this thread.

Please people, do not forget that:

* It hasn't to be an HB10 at all costs! I mean: the majority of the super-nice women are complete imbeciles, their looks dispensed them from becoming attractive in other ways.
I actually find thats not true, AT ALL. A few are like this, but many HBs that I know are really intelligent and off to college.

* IMPORTANT: When you feel attraction for someone, there is a strange kind of magic going on; that means that if there is that 'sparkle', you will seem beautiful to her and her will seem beautiful to you, even if the two of you are just average. There is a large part of the attraction thing you cannot control consciously.
No. Just no. You have that delusion of the "we'll fall in love at first site and life will be wonderful". Instinct and nature comes above emotion, your mind my "trick" you to see this sparkle because you subconsciously wanted it, but evolutionary wise, you are supposed to be looking for the best mate for your offspring.
* Looks are not that important to women, as long as you've got something else to offer, and as long as you don't try your way with mono-dimensional shallow imbeciles (come on Angelus, you can do better than date an hostess, who's nothing more than a waitress working at 20'000 ft in the air, my aussie friend! :up: )
A hostess can have a really great job, you are judging her because she's a hostess? Who knows if s he likes to travel the world and that's why she chose that job? Who are you to judge her, for all you know she could be a multi billionaire doing that for fun. That's a stupid assumption to make.
* It's a number's game. Come to think of it, you could be the 'perfect 10' of somebody without even knowing it, maybe even of a very nice and attractive girl!
This is one part I partially agree on. However, the better you look, the harder you work, and the more succesful you are the better your numbers go up.
* Looks are important because they INCONSCIOUSLY affect the way you move, act and speak. I'm sure Angelus is not 'oh so handsome' but he carries himself like a man.
I think you meant subconsciously lol.
* To the guy *****ing about match.com: how are you supposed to be surprised if the girls choose a nicer photo if their only parameter is that? They do not have other elements to choose over.
THATS THE POINT. When women see you on teh street, all they have to go by is your looks, how you are holding yourself, what you look like and thats really it. They don't know you are confident (your body language may project that but thats not a 100% guarantee), they don't know you have So suave techniques, they don't know how slow your voice tone is, all they have to go by is how you look at that time.
* Last thing: people, have fun! This whole 'so suave' thing reeks of desperation. It's a game, do not live it as a doom or as a competition. Remember that life is not only about girls and money, there are more deep and profound things. Me, Angelus, and all the friends inside this topic will be old and withered away in a matter of years. At that point of our lifes, our values will shift greatly. Try and be a little more 'eudaimonist': become the best person you can be, and have fun in the process. Love comes when you least expect it.
100% agree with this part.
None the less man I really respect your post , my answers are in bold.

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So if someone doesn't agree with you they're spewing bull****.

Good one, I can see you try to really live up to being a man and having respect for others opinions :up:

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GatorBait said:
I agree with you for the most part.

Everyone can work on these aspects of "looks":
  1. Fitness: Get to the gym. Girls like guys that are in shape, period. You'll increase your self-confidence too.
  2. Grooming: practice good hygeine, have a fashionable hairstyle, keep your teeth white, pluck that unibrow growing between your eyeballs, in general, care about how you look and present yourself.
  3. Clothes: Wear nice clothes. You don't have to change your style with every fashion trend. Just put some thought and effort into what you wear.

...its sad though how some douch bags on this site say doing this is being a pvssy/women...

idk how they say they're a pimp...maybe a e-pimp :crackup: queer balls

GatorBait

Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm&Style said:
...its sad though how some douch bags on this site say doing this is being a pvssy/women...

idk how they say they're a pimp...maybe a e-pimp :crackup: queer balls
Yeah, they're just living in denial still. If you go out well-groomed and well-dressed you'll turn heads, plain and simple.

When I was down in south beach in the spring I was catching glances from the girls down there because I always made sure to be better dressed than the friends I went with. (And believe me these were all good-looking girls; there must be someone waiting at the bridge screeing the women because I didn't see a single girl that was less than an HB8 the whole week).

If you want to have high standards for who you'll date/hook-up with (ie HB8+'s), then have some high standards for yourself.

Randomer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Wow, a lot of bullsh'it's been spewed while I was asleep. If I didn't have to work in half an hour, I would tell Angels and his servants why they're wrong...but that'll have to wait till tonight I guess. =/

P.S. I passed the test for Mensa, Angelus. Don't start with "only the smart people agree with me". Unfounded personal attacks only make you look ignorant.

Oh, and the word's spelled "too" when used in the context of "also", btw.
Lol guy, wow you passed the test for Mensa! Congrats but that doesn't mean anything. Matter o' fact the two people i know who are IN Mensa (not saying all of them though) both have SERIOUS social disorders so I don't see how being in Mensa would matter at all in the discussion and might more explain why someone from Mensa (you) can be found at a message board such as this one.

Also why talk about unfounded personal attacks and then the NEXT SENTENCE insult his grammar? Not that I'm trying to defend him at all but... you REALLY don't think it's obvious that he does know the difference? Who really proofreads their posts? Especially if to the reader, the intent is obvious? And go ahead and say that you weren't insulting his grammar, just "pointing something out," it's obvious what you're trying to do man... But then again, I'm really not surprised that you'd do something like that seeing as you're from Mensa, you exhibit the same type of behaviour that I've seen from other Mensa inductees.

In my post earlier I said that I respected both sides of the argument because there is some truth in both, but when someone just lashes out like you have just done, WITHOUT backing anything up? C'mon... get serious guy. When you say something like looks don't matter, (which is a joke in itself, open your eyes. How many ugly guys do you see with good looking girls? Now how many good looking guys do you see with good looking girls? Sorry, the ugly guys are just not stealing the majority of the good looking girls from us... it's simply not happening) you've got to put forth SOME type of argument to be taken seriously, not just insulting everyone who has different beliefs than you...

I look forward to your reply, Mr.Mensa ;)

AngelusPUA

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Wow, a lot of bullsh'it's been spewed while I was asleep. If I didn't have to work in half an hour, I would tell Angels and his servants why they're wrong...but that'll have to wait till tonight I guess. =/

P.S. I passed the test for Mensa, Angelus. Don't start with "only the smart people agree with me". Unfounded personal attacks only make you look ignorant.

Oh, and the word's spelled "too" when used in the context of "also", btw.
I quit school in grade 10 and I am richer than you will ever be so you go spell the word 'too' whilst I jump on a plane and travel to my 3 million dollar houses around the world.

"Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune."

- James Rohn

P.S Stop avoiding the fu*king question, I will put it in BOLD, I know answering this question will shatter that little illusionistic model of reality you live in.

P.S.S I have no problem with my grammar but this is Sosuave not a Mensa exam.

If I was an average looking guy in cheap clothing would that flight attendant have been eyeball fu*king me? Would she have given me her number so easily?

I find it interesting how people seem to be oblivious to facts that ruin their perception of reality. So answer the question Mr. Mensa

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leonardo said:
Angelus is right, looks do matter.

Think about it, you yourself probably want a woman who is confident, has a good personality, has a drive to succeed, I myself hate it when a woman has no confidence, but that doesn't mean I would sleep with an ugly woman with a great personality and lots of confidence. Women are the same way.

!
Im curious, why do you want a women who is confident and driven? I hear a lot of guys say that as though it's a given...myself id put a lot of other things before drive and confidence, in fact if a women is a little unsure of herself, ie, not very confident then life can be a lot easier....

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Angeles pu artist, that term you use, "eye ball ****ing me" when I hear that I get a bad feeling, like you really fvcking love yourself, or to be honest you sound a bit homo?:cheer:

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no seriously lapua, im not ugly, Im in my 40's and im screwing 20 something college girls, just saying though it sounds a bit off, so does your reply, maybe a bit like trying to cover up a little insecurity or something, ? anyway not to start a flame war.... peace..

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
(sigh)...the looks debate. Wow. How many times has this topic been debated?

I can't believe this topic is still being debated.

~LOOKS MATTER!! READ MY POST AND I'LL PROVE IT!!~

I'm a self-described "7." I'm tall and fit (6'2", 240 lbs.), draw a respectable though nothing close to wealthy income.

Six months ago, I joined match.com. To date, 1,220 women have viewed my profile. A few women who have emailed me were HB7s, but more than I care to admit were UG's and fatties. A few dozen of the women viewers winked me—most were average-looking and most were UG’s and fatties. None were HB9’s or 10’s. Invariably, I initiated emails with all the women I perceived HB8’s-10’s because NONE of these women emailed me.

Here's the exact text of my profile:

OK, I'll be the first to admit it: I'm no prince, but I am one of a kind. I live life like an adventure, and if I like you, I will show you romance like you haven't seen in awhile. :) I'm bold, confident, articulate, and passionate. I'm a fun-loving prankster and an ultimate protector. These aren't just cliche descriptions. These are me, and either you love me or hate me for it.

I seek a beautiful, caring, passionate, confident, nurturing woman who likes to shop for shoes at the mall and who likes to cook and who likes to watch football with me and laugh at my corny jokes.

Now, three months ago, I designed a fake match.com profile. I wanted to see how women would react to a "hot" guy's profile versus my HG7 profile.

Basically, I wanted to see for myself if looks matter, and I felt designing a fake online profile would provide the answer.

I know for a fact looks matter. 

Read on.

I attached three pics of a man from hotornot.com whomI felt women would easily consider to be exceptionally handsome. I wrote a very condescending and offish profile to accompany those handsome pics. Basically, I wanted the guy in the fake profile to be exceptionally handsome, wealthy ($75,000 minimum annual salary), and stoned d1ckhead. A really hot guy with absolutely no personality whatsoever…A very NOT-so-noce guy!

I wanted to see if women were shallow enough to take the bait fir such a handsome jerk, and by God, most of them have!

To date, 2,931 women have viewed the fake profile. Unlike my actual profile, the majority of the fake profile women viewers look downright stunning and hail from distinguished and/or stable financial backgrounds, and I receive emails from some downright stunning women EVERY DAY.

Basically, the women who respond to the hot guy are cut from a better cloth: They’re prettier and richer.

Just last night, the fake profile received an attachment of a woman's breasts pressed against the glass shower; her left nipple was pierced, and she attached a note: "Too bad you don't like it. :p" (I explained I would not respond to emails from women whom were tattooed or featured unconventional piercings ((see entire text of email below)).

Unlike my actual profile, the fake profile receives a wink or two every day from HB7's and above. It's like UG and fatties know better to reply to this guy BECAUSE HE'S GOOD LOOKING AND LOOKS MATTER!!

Here's the exact text of the fake profile:

**NOTE: Do NOT wink or email me if you ascribe to any of the following:

*Have or are aspiring to have tattoos or unconventional piercings...I will not respond to you if you express an appreciation for them or if your profile lists any of these items as a "turn-on." Nothing personal, but you must realize I want no part of a woman who conforms to such silly societal fads...remember what's "cool" today is not necessarily considered en vogue tomorrow.

*Are in anyway affiliated, employed, or apathetic with pharmaceutical manufacturers, sales, or distributers. I believe such to be immoral, as these agents target corporate profit over individual well being.

*Hold a legal position within the privatized sector; I consider such individuals to target personal greed over individual well being. (Think about it: Why are there no lawyer commercials aimed at women whose husbands abandon them?)

*Refuse to split the bill on dating-related activities. (sigh) Frankly, I'm shocked that many women I've dated lately still expect the man to pay for everything. LOL. We live in an equal society, so I treat women equally. I understand most men are willing to cater to women (particularly if she's especially physically attractive); know that I'm not one of them; I don't care how physically attractive you are or how used you are to getting your way. If you are on date with me, please pay for your half.

If you don't understand my reasoning regarding the above scenarios, that should tell you from the outset we're not a match, so email the next guy, please. Don't waste my time. :)

I will reject your message on the spot if you are aligned with ANY of the above scenarios.

Thanks. :)

I am an honest and forthwright gentleman who leads a very fulfilling and fast-paced life. I am stable in my career and would prefer a woman of the same. I prefer a woman who is active, considerate, humble to a point, and inherently nurturing.

Gentleman, this looks debate needs to be put to rest. If you actually believe looks aren't important, you're in la la land. Just create a fake profile on match.com and see for yourself how shallow women actually are.

Unless you’re rich or good looking, you will not fvuck a HB 8-10.

Now, I know what you're doing here because I have something similarly blunt and even judgemental as my real profile on myspace. However, I don't consider myself to be that all-american handsome type, considering that I'm not white. Yet I still get many emails from attractive girls, and I'm talking HB9s and10s, trying to get my attention.

Now why is that? I think I know the answer, but before I get into that...

Looks matter indefinitely but unlike how men are only really sexually impressed with women who are attractive physically, women are attracted to a man that exhibits power. Since in their world looks are power, good looking men are assumed to have more power. If, on the other hand, the guy is average or even below that, he has to prove that he has power by being wealthy, confident, physically fit, funny, etc.

Back to the internet profile: That profile makes girls feel like the guy is very exclusive. Thus, women are more apt to try to gain his favor. Its the exact same as neg-hit prinicples: the more you are critical and aloof, the more they try to prove to you that they're worthy.

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Randomer said:
I agree with Angelus tho, looks definitely DO matter. You'll be much better off with looks and personality than no looks and personality. SIMPLE AS THAT. And all the great looking guys on this site (myself included) will TELL you that!
Absolutely bro! I deffinitely agree!

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How many times have people tried qualifying themselves in this thread? Seriously, read over some of these posts.

I agree that looks matter, but I think a guy with a great personality and average looks can get a "HB10" or whatever. However, if he's in competition with a guy with an equally good personality and superior looks, the guy with the looks will take it.

Then again how often are two guys going to have an "equally good" personality in a girls eyes?

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
About that fake profile on match.com, I think that what you wrote for it was better than what's on your real profile. Your real one sounds pretty generic and uninteresting. "I'm different cuz the cliches REALLY apply to me! I want the perfect girl with only good qualities! Love me!". That's all I really got from it.

Then, with the fake one, I felt it stood out. It was interesting, for sure. You stated everything you want and don't want clearly, without pulling any punches. You were real. You did come across as a little bit of an *******, and that's good! When every profile you read on sites like this involves "I'd like to find a girl with so and so, that would be great.", it really mixes it up to see a direct and to-the-point profile like this. Sounds like what a DJ would really say, in my opinion.

The real one just screeeeeaaams 'nice'. The fake one says 'confident and sure of himself'. If I were you, I'd write up another profile similar to the fake one, but put your pics with it, and THEN see your results. I'd imagine they are a little less than the fake one was, but much better than your real one. Try it and report what you find out here.

Ok, now onto the topic: Looks matter more in looking YOUR best, then they do in looking the best there is. Does that make sense? Between looking your worst, such as poorly groomed, dirty clothes, etc... and looking your best, with nice clothes, groomed well, healthy body... looks matter. Looking your best will always work better for you than looking your worst.

Now, looking the best there is, as in, friggin model looks, Brad Pitt looks, etc. You don't need that to be successful. Sure they'll help. You know this. But just because you don't have these uber looks, don't count yourself out. They aren't neccissary. I feel that this is where most AFC's put themselves when they think about looks. "I'm not really hott, so I can just forget about 8's and 9's....". Well, that's just not true. If you do the absolute best that can be done with what looks you got stuck with, you won't look half-bad, at minimum. An average looking dude, looking his very best, with his confidence and his game and everything else in top shape, can land an 8 or 9 without too much trouble. The chance may come along less often for them as opposed to the Brad Pitt's out there, but so what? As long as the opportunity comes along, it doesn't matter.

Ever hear the saying, "It doesn't matter where you start, but only where you finish."? If the average looking dude lands that 9 that he had to wait a bit for, and the Brad Pitt guy lands the 9 that came along a little easier, who's to say one is better than the other? They both have the same end result, it doesn't matter how they got there.

Anyways, this discussion is so old, and people aren't going to change from whatever side they've picked, so we could just debate it forever and get nowhere. I don't have the time to invest in an endless argument, so I'll pass and go get a girl using the looks I got stuck with, whether they be average or Brad Pitt look-a-like. Cold day in hell when I let genetics stop me from getting any girl I want.

Damn.... long post.

AngelusPUA

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Now back to the discussion.

I think a big part of the confusion is due to our side's differing definitions of "looks" and "meaning something". I call looks what you're born with. Facial structure, frame size, hair color, and so on. Your hygiene, attire, and posture fall into the realm of appearance. Which makes a HUGE difference. But saying your facial structure and all of that other trivial crap will make or break you doesn't really make sense in my opinion. Not when so many men overcome poor genes day in and day out.

Now when I say "looks don't mean s'hit", I am talking about it making or breaking you. Getting the number despite all your other flaws just because you're good-looking. Or NOT getting the due to mediocre looks despite overwhelming confidence and charisma. Not gonna happen. It's just another factor that attracts women. Like personality, financial status, or the Number One factor that's been proven to attract women time and time again....what is it? You all already know. It's not looks. It's Confidence, of course.

Confidence.
You changed your entire argument around and tried to make it look like you were right. Honestly I cbf arguing with you.............

Status
Not open for further replies.