I have a "Slow" voice tone and want to know how to improve it.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Now something that else that really keeps girls from taking me seriously is the fact that I have speech problems. I'm good at pronouncing words and stuff, but I have a "slow" sounding voice, because of this, girls often misunderstand me, I have to say things a good 3 times before they can understand it. I've taken speech classes recently and while it has improved my speech and pronounciation, I still have a "Slow" sounding voice tone. This makes alot of people think that I'm slow or something and alot of girls think I'm "special" or something because of this; girls don't want to date guys who they feel sorry for. So instead of whining about it, how can I improve this? I want to have a clear, vibrant voice, not a slow and misunderstood voice. This would improve my game alot and girls would no longer think I was "special" "shy" or something when I talk to them, they would just think of me as a normal guy. Now, if I approached an HB 7 right now, everything would go great, but then she would just hear my voice and think "Haha, is this some kind of joke? Oh no, he's serious, poor guy, I feel so sorry for him.".

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dunno. i think you might be a troll.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Patrick124
i dunno. i think you might be a troll.
You're pissing me off dude.
And really, you're trolling my topic.
Plus, are you retarded are something? Why would I waste my time writing all of this just to troll, dumbass? That's what I thought, idiot. Plus, if I was really lying to you guys and didn't have a "slow" voice, I would have better things to do than troll on a forum that I respect, what do you think dumbass? I type this sh*t for your god damn amusement, no, just because you think you're perfect, doesn't mean other people don't have problems.

Reaction score
How about you buy a mic for your computer and just record yourself talking until you find something you re comfortable with?

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you already know the answer, come back with a question. this post and all your other posts, you know (think u know) the answer, so when alternatives are proposed you flame them.

o_O

and so what dude? most popular people i know are LD and dyslexic. they're in basic skills.

comon man
s t e p it up

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Void
you already know the answer, come back with a question. this post and all your other posts, you know (think u know) the answer, so when alternatives are proposed you flame them.

o_O

and so what dude? most popular people i know are LD and dyslexic. they're in basic skills.

comon man
s t e p it up
Okay, man what's the answer then, I sure don't know the answer. I've talked about my scratchy voice alot of times, sure, but I've never gotten ANSWERS. People just give me sh*t like, "OMGz voice doesn't matter", which is BS, because it does and stuff like "OMGz you use voice as an excuse, OMGz", excuse, what the f*ck? I've had these voice problems long before I was even into getting girls.

I was in a conversation with a friend of mine, he was asking me and a bunch of other people to come see his band at Battle of the Bands.
Me: So, still playing guitar man?
Him: Yeah, dude. My bands playing at Battle of the Bands, next month its going to be at [Places Name], it's going to be sweet.
[Bunch of conversation goes on between us and a bunch of other people]
Him: There's going to be alot of hot girls there to man, maybe have a chance to go up to a hottie and say "Hey, how's it going"(He said this in a jokingly fashion).
Random Guy: That would be the slowest conversation ever.
[Everybody laughs, even my friend]
And yeah, not far from the truth.

Last edited:

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best thing is speech or singing lessons....if you cant afford that just go buy yourself a recorder and put it in your pocked all day for 1 day....play it back...and try to make changes.

This is what I do...when I sarge I RECORD EVERYTHING!!....to see what I can do better

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Viper
You're pissing me off dude.
And really, you're trolling my topic.
Plus, are you retarded are something? Why would I waste my time writing all of this just to troll, dumbass? That's what I thought, idiot. Plus, if I was really lying to you guys and didn't have a "slow" voice, I would have better things to do than troll on a forum that I respect, what do you think dumbass? I type this sh*t for your god damn amusement, no, just because you think you're perfect, doesn't mean other people don't have problems.
no bro, my whole view on the whole thing is that you make a new one of these so-fvcking-often that all you're doing is making excuses as to why girls don't seem to get attracted to you. "My voice is weird"..ok. If its REALLY THAT BAD see a speech-therapist or something. our online-nonverbal advice isn't gonna do sh!t for you.

for fvcks sake this site is to improve yourself. And you seem to be tearing yourself down piece by piece mentally tryign to decontruct EVERY POSSIBLE REASON you're not "perfect." You're trying to improve yourself, thats good. btu take advicea s it comes. we're here to show you the path man. Not to take your hand and walk your ass in a type of "2 steps forward, one step back" fashion.

Take the damn advice everyone gives you. Grow Up. Be Confident in yourself.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you talk slow, talk faster.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Patrick124
no bro, my whole view on the whole thing is that you make a new one of these so-fvcking-often that all you're doing is making excuses as to why girls don't seem to get attracted to you. "My voice is weird"..ok. If its REALLY THAT BAD see a speech-therapist or something. our online-nonverbal advice isn't gonna do sh!t for you.

for fvcks sake this site is to improve yourself. And you seem to be tearing yourself down piece by piece mentally tryign to decontruct EVERY POSSIBLE REASON you're not "perfect." You're trying to improve yourself, thats good. btu take advicea s it comes. we're here to show you the path man. Not to take your hand and walk your ass in a type of "2 steps forward, one step back" fashion.

Take the damn advice everyone gives you. Grow Up. Be Confident in yourself.
Do you read your own post? I didn't make this topic for the sake of making, I WANT to improve my voice, I don't care if you don't think it matters, because really I know from experience that it does. You don't magically turn confident(You say, Be Confident, like you can just magically become confident), also confidence will not magically fix speech problems. All I know is, if I'm ever going to be a ladies man one day, I've got to fix this speech problem or else, ****y and funny, might come off as stupid and assholish.
If you talk slow, talk faster.
I could try that, still though, talking "slow" isn't just about the speed, it's also about the tone of voice. I know, because even when I talk fast, my voice still comes off as "Silly". I don't know, perhaps I could make a voice recording with my microphone, because that's the only way you'll really understand what I'm talking about.

KaminoSS

Don Juan
Reaction score
VIPER i ont think eny one here actuallys knows how to change YOUR voice tone, this isnt a magical fixall some things are innerstruggles that most people cannot help you with. Like alot of people has said consider a speech therapist, if i went onlien and said " I Broke my leg, how can i fix it?" the awnser would be : GO SEE A GOD D@MN DOCTOR !!!!!

and dont take the things people say about you so seriously. most of the time when someone makes a joke like that, its for humor and not to insult you. just respond w/ a snappy comeback or a " heh yea, now go screw ur self"

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Viper
I could try that, still though, talking "slow" isn't just about the speed, it's also about the tone of voice. I know, because even when I talk fast, my voice still comes off as "Silly". I don't know, perhaps I could make a voice recording with my microphone, because that's the only way you'll really understand what I'm talking about.
For focks sake. Go to a goddamn professional then. Focking shiat. How bout you accept that you sound like an elf? Those are you choices.

A. Go to a pathologist or whatever the fock theyre called
B. Accept and learn to deal with it and dont be a biatch
C. Change the pitch of your voice so that its not your real voice ( like when people imitate other accents)

If you dont do any of these then you are rejecting help...dood

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't see the forest, from the trees...
And you can't smell your own **** on your knees.

Translation: If you don't start getting over your forty five thousand insecurities kid... you're not going anywhere.

AS

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by oakraiderz2
For focks sake. Go to a goddamn professional then. Focking shiat. How bout you accept that you sound like an elf? Those are you choices.

A. Go to a pathologist or whatever the fock theyre called
B. Accept and learn to deal with it and dont be a biatch
C. Change the pitch of your voice so that its not your real voice ( like when people imitate other accents)

If you dont do any of these then you are rejecting help...dood
A. Did you read my post? I've been taking a PROFESSIONAL, helped with pronounciation but not much with overall tone.
B. Yeah, sure, I really WANT people to think I'm slow and girls to feel sorry for me or laugh at me for the rest of my life. Plus, have you really read any of the other post? I've BEEN accepting it and DEALING WITH IT for a long freaking time, however, it is a problem and I want to improve it, I don't want a perfect voice, I just want a clearer, more understanding, a normal voice.
C. Could try this.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You suck

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude, viper

calm down

take it down a notch

don't take it so serious

I bet you have that real deep voice that sounds like a car honk. You can nearly speak to people without opening your mouf at all.
When music is playing people seem like they're deaf cause they can't hear you yelling at the top of your lungs from two feet away.
You believe people think you "mumble" all the time.
Youhaveuncontrollablefitsoftalkingfastwhenyouknowexactlywhattosay.

I know there's more, I just can't be bothered to remember one of my myriad of problems for you because your whining.

My advice is to not take anything too seriously, some people are out for laughs, learn to make jokes.

You've got to go with the flow, no matter how slow.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suck? Heh, who's the one spamming peoples topics with one liners? That's what I thought.
Sorry, I just hate wasting my time.