how to get my ex gf back

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
Igetit! said:
Remember...."Go by what a woman does,NOT BY WHAT SHE SAYS.

What is this girl,a teenager or something? She sure does seem immature.

This is good,but you don't want to seem like you're intentionally trying to hurt her or make her jealous. Make it all seem natural.

You said that to her?

after you two got finished hanging out,you should have just dropped her off at her place and left.

If she had told you to come in to her place to "cuddle" for a while,you should have said something like you were tired,or had to get up early tomorrow so you had to go.

Oh yeah,don't ignore every phonecall and every text.
You can respond,but respond with "politeness"...NOT INTEREST.

Remember,communicate with your ACTIONS,not directly with words.
Well, her actions spoke volumes last night.

She's late 30s - slightly younger than me but when aroused/evjoying herself, she does tend to skip around like a teenager. Otherwise, quite sorted, mature & sensible. Singing is something she loves and she makes a serious hobby of it

Meeting the other ex GF was a fluke - she was leaving a cafe with her pal as we walked into town. Lucky this is one whom I am still on very good terms with, years later. We were a hellish couple but worked out as great mates. Then I struck-up a flirty chat with a woman who was in a group beside us at the bar. Seemed natural enough? Oh and another woman tried cutting-in on us when we were dancing, so I went and danced with her for a bit.

No, I didn't tell her quite so bluntly - Told her I was tiring fast and needed to lie down.

Errr, I stayed at her's, took the couch instead of joining her in bed. Not in any way fit to drive.

Yes, been cutting back on texts for a while now and I've been sticking to polite and practical as well - particularly recently

Yup, she was trying to engage me in "relationship talk" but I brushed it off citing tiredness and "not that **** again" as reasons. Don't think it was the kind of talk you allude to in your last couple of pots - far too early yet? More a continuation/partial taking back of what she said last week IMO

Thanks.

Last edited:

Igetit!

Reaction score
SBW said:
Meeting the other ex GF was a fluke - she was leaving a cafe with her pal as we walked into town. Lucky this is one whom I am still on very good terms with, years later. We were a hellish couple but worked out as great mates. Then I struck-up a flirty chat with a woman who was in a group beside us at the bar. Seemed natural enough? Oh and another woman tried cutting-in on us when we were dancing, so I went and danced with her for a bit.
This was perfect. You couldn't have planned it out any better.

SBW said:
No, I didn't tell her quite so bluntly - Told her I was tiring fast and needed to lie down.

Errr, I stayed at her's, took the couch instead of joining her in bed. Not in any way fit to drive.
Good,good.

SBW said:
Yup, she was trying to engage me in "relationship talk" but I brushed it off citing tiredness and "not that **** again" as reasons. Don't think it was the kind of talk you allude to in your last couple of pots - far too early yet? More a continuation/partial taking back of what she said last week IMO
Could you go into more detail about this?

What kind of "relationship talk" did she bring up? Was it getting together,not getting together,or what?

What EXACTLY did she say to you and how did you respond?

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
What she said was pretty much:

"look, see what I said last week, I really meant to say that sometimes I really want to hug, kiss you and sleep with you but other times I just want you in my life and don't know what I feel, except that I don't want to lose you"

Anyway, I brushed it aside with a "we are too tired and have drunk too much to get into all that **** again tonight"

Anyway, played it much cooler tonight - we went and danced in the club I chose but she gave up her place to take-up my suggestion of a meal instead (split the bill) Then much less kino till we went downstairs and got into the more intense dancing I also got another woman's number, right in front of her - I will be calling her too!

At one point in the evening, she did come-up with "I don't know what we are going to be to each other but we are certainly going to see the world together" This was after talking about my time working in Berlin and her suggesting we take a trip there sometime. True that I've wanted to go back for ages.

Igetit!

Reaction score
SBW said:
What she said was pretty much:

"look, see what I said last week, I really meant to say that sometimes I really want to hug, kiss you and sleep with you but other times I just want you in my life and don't know what I feel, except that I don't want to lose you"
Hmm. Although this comment of hers is weird,the thing you should be concerned with is WHY she made this statement.

She said this for a reason. My guess would be the recent change in your behavior towards her. She "senses" something is up,but doesn't know what or why.

It's a decent start,but it's NOT ENOUGH. I can see that because she's still exercising control.

She said that sometimes she wants to hug,kiss,and sleep with you,and other times,she just wants you there in her life and she doesn't know what to feel.

So basically,she's confused between being sexual with you and just having you there as a friend,but the one thing she's NOT confused about is that she DOES want you in her life.

She can't make up her mind about you,so until she does,she expects you to just stay around.

She expects you to talking with her,"cuddling" with her,fooling around from time to time,kissing and going out on "dates",or in other words,she wants you to keep acting like you're in a relationship until SHE DECIDES if you're going to be her boyfriend or not.

She wants to keep getting the milk for free.

Then when she decides,if she decides,she'll let you know.

She still has too much control.

She's already making plans for the two of you in the future,thinking you're still going to be there at her side waiting for her to come to a decision.

As long as she has this option in her hands,she'll drag it on out.

I've seen this type of situation before. What usually happens is the girl will keep using you,keep giving you false hope,keep you thinking there's a light at the end of the tunnel. She'll keep you hanging until a guy who she does want a relationship with comes along.

Then she'll tell you about the "new" guy she just met and tell you she just wants to be friends with you.

You'll become angry with her and and say something like,"Well what about us then?".

Then she'll be like,"We weren't dating each other. I told you from the beginning that I just wanted to be friends.",and she'll be right.

Don't let this girl use you as a place holder until someone she does want a relationship with come along because she WILL DO IT if you allow her.

You need to step things up in a BIG WAY.

You need to get away from this girl. DECREASE going out on "dates" with her and communicating by text/phone.

She's got you doing all the things a boyfriend should do WITHOUT THE "TITLE" of being her boyfriend.

The more you continue behaving as if you're already in a relationship with her,the more she'll stay "confused",not knowing if she wants to be sexual with you or just (as she says),"keep you in her life".

Pull back. If you don't,she'll still be "undecided" this time next year.

I mean come on,she's already got plans for you two to travel the world together. She wants to travel around the globe with you,but can't decide if she wants to date you or not?

If she hasn't decided after all these months,I don't see her doing it anytime in the near future...unless something drastic happens,and her thinking you're pulling away from her because you're losing interest and/or have your eye on another woman is drastic.

But she can't think that while you're spending time with her,taking her out,talking on the phone with her or constantly trading texts.

Only absence and a seemingly loss of sexual interest will do the trick.

Personally,I'd lost interest in her a looong time ago for being so wishy-washy.

Follow up on the number you got. Focus your time and attention on her,and let this girl fall to the background.

Let her stay stuck in "I don't know land"ALONE.

Once she sees you moving on with YOUR DATING LIFE,while she's still stuck and stalled out in the same "undecided" mode she was almost a year ago,she feel left behind and emotionally compelled to make a decision.

She'll keep this thing going on for MONTHS if you let her.

Last edited:

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks.

Can't reply properly cos my phone battery is near dead but I'll be back-on later when I'm near power/pc.

So, after today, I need to resolve to cut back contact to the bare minimum, right?

That will be the hard bit TBH, because yes - we do have outrageously good times when we go out together.

Anyway, I'm already spoken for next Friday, so that begins to limit things.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SBW said:
Yes I do like her and as a baseline, she says she likes me a lot too. On the relationship side, she has been blowing hot and cold for several months. Sometimes it is on and things are great, then its off and we are back to being "friends". Never stopped talking to each other, or had any sort of serious row throughout. Sometimes hard words, but never harsh.
In a nutshell, she's just not that into you.....THAT way....if you know what I mean. She wants to be. She knows she should be. But she just isn't. Which is why you get her constant back and forth with you. When she's away from you she thinks about you and how great of a guy you are and that she really should get into a relationship with you. But then when she's with you, she realizes she just doesn't feel it with regards to sexual chemistry. I think you are 100% wasting your time here if if harbor intentions of a relationship, and will only end up getting hurt.

Igetit!

Reaction score
SBW said:
So, after today, I need to resolve to cut back contact to the bare minimum, right?
If I were you,I'd follow up on the number you got and pursue other women.

I WILL NOT put my social/dating life on "pause",waiting for her to make a decision about me.

I would make the decision MYSELF,for MYSELF.

If I want a girlfriend,then I'd go out and find someone who wanted to be in a relationship with me.

I wouldn't waste my time and invest my energy,effort,and emotions into a girl who "doesn't know",or "doesn't know what to feel".

You get what you settle for,and right now you're getting what you DON'T WANT because you're settling for what you DON'T WANT.

How long has this been going on anyway? 9 months to a year?

It's not like we're talking about marriage here,you just want to date the girl.

And she's been undecisive about that for the past year?

SBW said:
That will be the hard bit TBH, because yes - we do have outrageously good times when we go out together.
I know. This is what I meant by you having to do things you won't want to do.

I was serious about that.

The reason it's hard now is because you've invested your emotions into her,so it's hard to just walk away.

You don't have to do this,you know. You can just continue with the way things are.

Just understand that this women DOES WANT a relationship.

She DOES,but at the moment she hasn't found anyone she wants to commit to.

So she's going to keep this thing going on until she meets a guy she does like.

You're what the forum calls a "Surrogate boyfriend".

You're not her boyfriend,you're just being used as one until she meets a guy she does want to hold that position.

When that happens,you'll be friendzoned or just completely shut out.

Guaranteed.

Cordoncordon has a point.

This girl flip-flops back and forth between wanting to be sexual with you and wanting to be just friends.

I've been in this situation before. When a girl flip-flops like that,it means that YOU'RE FLIP-FLOPPING back and forth between acting and behaving like a MAN and behaving like a friend/girlfriend.

On the one hand,you act masculine,so she feels some sexual chemistry towards you. Then one the other hand,you act like a "friend"...talking to her like a girlfriend would do.

So since you're behavior changes,her emotions towards you "flip-flop".

This is (in part) what I meant when I said turning this around wouldn't be easy.

More than likely,you"ve spent too much time laughing,joking,playing around,and talking with her,and because of that she "feels" more friendly towards you than boyfriend/girlfriend sexual chemistry.

Cordon was right about what he said,these situations usually end up in the guy getting hurt.

My recommendation is to.....

1)Pursue other girls. Leave her in the background while she's still "undecided"

2)GET AWAY FROM HER. No calls,no text,and especially no going out. And the few times that you do interact with her,behave like a MAN.

Don't talk to her like one of her girlfriends.

You said you're up for challenges,huh?

Well? You said this would be hard to do because you two enjoy going out together.

Is this challenge enough for ya?

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
In a nutshell, she's just not that into you.....THAT way....if you know what I mean. She wants to be. She knows she should be. But she just isn't. Which is why you get her constant back and forth with you. When she's away from you she thinks about you and how great of a guy you are and that she really should get into a relationship with you. But then when she's with you, she realizes she just doesn't feel it with regards to sexual chemistry. I think you are 100% wasting your time here if if harbor intentions of a relationship, and will only end up getting hurt.
Yes, if that had been a steady consideration I would have been right away long ago. However, her reaction when she is on for me and a few other things make me want to see this through to the end, one way or the other.

I fully appreciate that I may well be wasting my time but I'm now in bloody-minded mode about the whole thing and when I'm like that, and well aware of the risks, I'm prepared and somewhat unlikely to be hurt. :)

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
Igetit! said:
I WILL NOT put my social/dating life on "pause",waiting for her to make a decision about me.

I wouldn't waste my time and invest my energy,effort,and emotions into a girl who "doesn't know",or "doesn't know what to feel".

How long has this been going on anyway? 9 months to a year?

I know. This is what I meant by you having to do things you won't want to do.

The reason it's hard now is because you've invested your emotions into her,so it's hard to just walk away.

You don't have to do this,you know. You can just continue with the way things are.

Just understand that this women DOES WANT a relationship.

She DOES,but at the moment she hasn't found anyone she wants to commit to.

So since you're behavior changes,her emotions towards you "flip-flop".

More than likely,you"ve spent too much time laughing,joking,playing around,and talking with her,and because of that she "feels" more friendly towards you than boyfriend/girlfriend sexual chemistry.

Cordon was right about what he said,these situations usually end up in the guy getting hurt.

Well? You said this would be hard to do because you two enjoy going out together.

Is this challenge enough for ya?
Well, the next few weeks leave me with plenty of opportunities for social/dating interaction and I'll be taking full advantage this time. :)

I agree in general - As I said above, it is the strength of her reaction/passion when she is on for me and a few other things that make me want to work this particular one through. - There were significant practical barriers that complicated matters last time that are not in place now.

It is just short of six months, after a gap of nearly five years.

This has been on my mind since the beginning, so I have been ready to take sterner action all the time. Again, also early-on I accepted that there was a significant part of me that wondered why on earth I gave her the time of day - Finding some decent alternative thinking, away from my own circle has greatly helped me clarify my own thoughts as well.

Again, I wouldn't have stuck around this long if I had failed to see some investment on her part as well and yes, there seems to be quite a bit.

No, I was ready and looking to change things when I found this place - again, I wish I'd found it a lot earlier. :)

Yes, again there was a point early on when I realised that despite what she said, she did want a relationship. Call it gut feeling/past experience or whatever.

Yes - I fully accept now that I was way too slow beginning but TBH, a lot has happened in her life since I last knew her and I also wanted to get to know her properly again, before deciding what I wanted myself. I have twice before made the mistake of getting into something with someone who had held back something important and whilst one was short lived and no long term problem, the other was serious and damaging.

I've had no illusions about this one from the start. That makes the chance of hurt much less IMO.

Yup, not easy but I've walked away from her with no further contact before, so yes I can do it again if I have too.

Yes, still well-up for it thanks. :)

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
There will be some contact next week as I've left her with a few favours to do for me but I think I can cook-up enough convincing reasons keep contact minimal otherwise.

After my taking the couch again last night, I was more standoffish today. At the session she was maybe getting her own back for the last two nights by being a bit flirty with some young lad. I didn't rise to it at all and soon enough she had moved her seat and was right up against me. TBH, if she had any real ideas on him, it would be totally out of character. Then, when I said it was time to go, she quickly got her coat and left with me.

Igetit!

Reaction score
SBW said:
There will be some contact next week as I've left her with a few favours to do for me but I think I can cook-up enough convincing reasons keep contact minimal otherwise.
Good.

But still try to stay out of her presense as much as you can,and the few times you do see her,act like a MAN.

If she tries to get you to spend time with her,tell her you can't,that you have "such and such" to do.

You gotta withdraw the relationship benefits,man.

This'll go on forever if you don't.

SBW said:
After my taking the couch again last night, I was more standoffish today.
If you don't mind my asking,why do you keep spending the night at her house?

You REALLY NEED to get away from her and distance yourself...and do it NOW. Otherwise,you just prolong this thing.

SBW said:
At the session she was maybe getting her own back for the last two nights by being a bit flirty with some young lad.
Seems like she's trying to make you jealous.

Looks like the info you've received here is starting to take effect.

I agree with you,I don't think she's really interested in this guy.

For one,she wouldn't just blantantly/in you face show interest in someone like that. I think because she's attractive,she flirted with this guy in order to show you that other men want her.

She "senses" you EMOTIONALLY pulling away. So she tried to make you jealous. She wants to see if EMOTIONALLY she still has a hold on you.

That's good,so PUSH IT FARTHER.

Stay away from her,STOP spending the night over her place,keep all interactions short with her,don't try to hug,kiss,or do anything sexual with her,and ABOVE ALL...PURSUE OTHER GIRLS.

Another thing,be "normal" with her.

Don't be angry,upset,get jealous,or anything like that.

Just be cool,be normal.

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason I tend to stay with her at weekends is simple practicality. Her place is a lot closer to the city than mine and when we hit the town and have the chance, we do tend to go at it till we are about fit to drop. Although our energy levels are well matched, adding another half hour or so's walk on top of this seems a chore.

Her place is also set-up with the right gear and neighbours for singing - her big hobby. Also where we rehearse, so I'll be continuing the Sunday session thing FTM, for my own reasons as much as anything - For the first time in my life I'm developing a decent singing voice. Always been an instrumentalist up to now.

Well, tonight's goodbye was a brief hug and a peck on the cheek.

Emotional control is something I do very well for myself. I learned long ago to be able to project cool and impassive in the most challenging situations and I've never done jealousy at all. Sometimes I've wondered if this could have been as much of a curse as a blessing but maybe this time it will be worthwile?

And to clarify a point from an earlier post, she's been out of a major relationship for 14 months now, apart from a very short lived rebound fling at the beginning of this year.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Weezy said:
There are times when ya do. Like if you weren't treating her well enough, or you cheated on her.

I'm skeptical of the method really working though if she dumped you. I can see how if you dumped her, this will lure her back in cause cause she is probably still hurt and seeing you might help with her pain.

If she dumped you however, and you call and want to catch up or get coffee, she's gonna know that you want her back
NO.. WHEN A WOMAN DUMPS YOU you can never really get her back.. ur done! use her for Fs is ur best bet

Eternal87

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
NO.. WHEN A WOMAN DUMPS YOU you can never really get her back.. ur done! use her for Fs is ur best bet
I don't agree with that. How do you define "getting her back"? If it means to get an ex girlfriend to be back in a relationship with you. Then it's possible. But if you're saying to get her back in the SAME relationship where everything is the SAME prior to the dumping. Then it's not possible.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal87 said:
I don't agree with that. How do you define "getting her back"? If it means to get an ex girlfriend to be back in a relationship with you. Then it's possible. But if you're saying to get her back in the SAME relationship where everything is the SAME prior to the dumping. Then it's not possible.
When your girl dumps you she has essentially made a mockery of you. Even if you once held the power in the relationship, she has uprooted you and taken it all from you.

I can for one tell you that it IS possible to get your ex-girlfriends back who once walked all over you, but is it worth it?

In my experience, no.

I've told the story a million times. When I was 18 I was in a 2yr relationship with an HB9 who ended up cheating on me and breaking up with me.

Fast forward to 2 years ago (I was 21) and things couldn't be going better for me. I have a diesel job, a diesel girl, and many friends.

And the ex comes wondering back (of course).

Now I hold the power. She begs for me even when she has a boyfriend. Subconsciously I know she'd break up with him in a heartbeat to be with me.

But is it worth it? No.

No I don't think so. I would never degrade myself to dating a girl who had crossed me, let alone a girl who was supposed to care for me.

Even if the relationship did turn out to work out (highly doubtful), there would be something in my head that's always say - WC2 you fool, she cheated on you. And you could get any girl you want. Why her?

So is it possible? Of course. Is it healthy? Hell no.

V2Logger

Don Juan
Reaction score
WC2,
How much NC did you have before that happened or did you keep in contact with that EX?

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
V2Logger said:
WC2,
How much NC did you have before that happened or did you keep in contact with that EX?
I don't really believe in NC.. it serves a purpose but 100% NC is only when a man really can't get an ex off his head.

Honestly I f*cked her for awhile after I broke up with her.. we talked occasionally after that.

Then I started my job and seeing a new woman so my ex would call me maybe once every 2 weeks and I'd either ignore (not on purpose.. I was just busy) or I'd pickup and tell her I couldn't really talk.

No contact is a sham really.. what matters is that you're improving your life after your ex. The no contact is just for those who can't get to the improving part because they are too caught up trying to contact their ex.

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I've kept contact to the absolute minimum this week. Just a few texts, practical concerning the couple of things she was doing for me. Which has been easy enough.

However, I was working in town last night, near her work, which she knew about and she asked me to meet her after we finished - She had something that wouldn't keep. So I did. She didn't say much in the car, beyond barely looking at me and seeming tired. I was quite upbeat and chatted about the job I'd just been on.

First, we had a cup of coffee and she started on about some of the trips we talked about and began to write out a list of possible dates so we can plan our leave/savings to go on them. Fine - I remained noncommital about anything beyond the one we have already booked. For one of them, I did say that she would probably have to just string along some of the time whilst I explored a few places that have a specific historic interest to me and her response was "I would just love to do that" (with big smile)

Then she started talking about maybe going to see a band in town this Saturday - I acted very unsure about this, genuinely because I used to like them and saw them often a good while back (used to pal about with a former member) but thought they nosedived when success got them larger venues and less contact with the audience. Anyway, it turned out she had already bought tickets, so I reluctantly agreed. She remained vague about going-on anywhere after, partly because it looks like her boy will be at home this weekend (often goes to Grandparents/friends in hometown at weekends). So I guess it would be back to her's with a couple of bottles of wine? Although I may decide to go elsewhere if that happens. Now of course I will need to meet her tonight to give her the money for my ticket. She already knows I'm out with guys from work on Friday and that we will almost certainly end-up in a major pulling joint and probably a strip club if they stick to the usual pattern.

Then she came to the bit that wouldn't keep:

Igetit! said:
She played her trump card (sex) too early in the game. I knew she'd do that,but I thought it'd be later on.
She may have found a higher trump - she had made me a large chocolate pudding! Looks like it will take me till the weekend to eat the thing. :D

Didn't make any attempt to touch, hug or kiss her on the way out.

Last edited:

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
An update after quite an exciting weekend.

Although I've not been able to apply the advice here as strictly as I could, I have decreased my amount of contact with this woman considerably. As detailed above, just one coffee and chat and the next day, I met her from work and gave her the cash for my concert ticket, plus a very few texts.

First-up, on Friday night I was out with workmates and had a splendid evening with a good meal, a hint of an important job and visits to a few nice pubs. Three of us, including a very attractive lady are going to be doing something similar next week too. :)

She texted me after she she got home from work, saying it had been a long shift and she hoped I was having a good night. I could also look past her's if I wanted on my way back. I didn't and I took quite a few hours to respond, only when I was back home.

On the Saturday, I arrived shortly before we were due to leave for the concert, had a couple of drinks, took her arm and walked her all the way there. Because her boy was home this weekend, we came straight back after and didn't go to any of our usual haunts or dancing. Once back, we uncorked a bottle of wine and got down to rehearsing our songs for the next day, then sang a few others badly, just for fun. All this time, I just concentrated on the task in hand and mand no effort to be close to her or to try and take the evening in any other direction.

Eventually, it was time to sleep, so I just lay down on the couch and she went off to bed but shortly after, she returned still fully dressed and joined me. So I put a pillow over my knees, gestured her to put her head there, adjusted the cover over us and we slept soundly.

Now the Sunday was when things got interesting. We rose pretty late, had breakfast, I spent some time with her boy whilst she got ready and once her pal arrived to look after him, we set off to the session. Once there, I sang my songs pretty early, whilst she arranged slots across the afternoon and instead of getting a seat at the bar, I went and joined some semi-regular customers at a table whilst she came and went. In the meantime, I busied myself chatting to two ladies and an attratctive young woman who was with them. Soon I was up dancing with her and having a good time. Today however, she lacked anyone young to spark-off with, so turned her attention to the pub dyke - A rather pathetic and probably alcoholic middle aged woman who can be civil and reasonable company when slightly sober but in the past has seriously hassled her when drunk.

Well, the dyke was drunk today - she had already groped the young woman and my woman was clearly on a wind-up. Sometimes she would dance suggestively with her, sometimes with me and sometimes with the young lady and her pals. As the afternoon progressed, the young one got some elements of the story out of me and the dyke looked like all her christmasses had come at once. :D

Until the young woman got the wrong end of the stick completely and went off on one big-time. "How could you do this to him - He's lovely!" "You are hurting him so much" "You slut" "He's worth a hundred of you" etc. And launching similar at the dyke too for "stealing" her. Soon her pals are involved and all hell broke loose. Oh gawd! :eek:

About this point, I found the quietest corner by the bar, sat down and just let them get on with it. Things were clearly now totally out of hand.

After a while, the young woman dragged me outside and started giving me a piece of her mind about what she thought of her and how I could probably do so much better. Then the dyke came out and they started a slanging match as well. OK, catfight! After that, her two pals came out and soon the younger of them was right in-about dyke, the pair of them knocking lumps out of each other in the road. I got a look back into the pub, to see my lady standing at the bar looking completely lost and out of her depth. About this time the landlord appeared and told the ladies they were all barred and that I wasn't getting back-in tonight. Fine!

The young one then took me by the hand, walked me up the street a bit, into a lane where she started kissing me hard and then launched into a consoling *******! After which, she gave me her number and told me to call her if I "wanted someone who would really treat you right" I thanked her and said I would think about it but still had a way to go with my lady.

Then I walked back towards the pub, could still see a rukus at the door, so ducked down a side street and approached the side entrance, where I met one of the band who was packing his gear away. I'd been holding on to my lady's phone, money and house keys so I asked him to take them in to her and got myself ready to walk away. He asked briefly what was happening, so I told him and his response (about her/dyke) was "That's simply not happening. I'm not giving them to her, you stay right here" I replied that I'd be up in the nearest car park for ten minutes, then I'd be off.

So I wandered up there, smoked a cigarrette and just before going to leave, took a last look back at the pub, to find my lady and the dyke walking up the road together. The dyke was beaten about, bleeding from cuts above the eye, on the lip and with the start of a big black eye. She had also sobered-up considerably and was actually quite civil again. So I sat her down in my car, got the wipes and first aid kit to set about cleaning her up. Once that was done, we set her on the way home and drove to another music bar where rather than start talking about the events, we simply started dancing.

As you can imagine, we were both on a bit of a rush after all this but she was absolutely flying and over the course of the next two hours, inbetween dances, kisses etc I got things like:

"I didn't know how much you meant to me till I thought you had gone away, it about tore me to bits"

"I was just winding her up, if I do that again, will you stop me before it goes so far"

"Great that you had the strength to help **** (the dyke), if somebody had made me that mad, I don't know what I'd have done"

"They don't know, that lot have no idea about what we have together"

"We are together again now - and you don't have to wonder about my sexuality"

And so on.....

I remained totally noncomittal about anything more serious between us FTM this time (said more or less what Igetit! advised) and made it clear the only reason I came back was because I had her keys and phone to get shot of and I didn't want to be responsable for her having trouble getting back to her boy.

After that, I took her back home, where she saw off her childminder (boy had gone to bed) and whilst I was making us a coffee, she quickly stripped down to her underwear and was waiting for me on the couch. I asked if she wanted me to stay and she said yes, so I did. We were both too tired for sex and within a few minutes, she was sound asleep. Although she did wake in the early hours and we spent a while in lighthearted conversation about the day's events.

So now, where next? I intend to hold back the contact further - the only thing planned in the next fortnight is the next Sunday session (if we get back in the door!) and that we are singing a couple of songs at a leaving party for her boss. See how that goes/if she is really ready to offer something more by then?

Last edited:

hansol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, I really like this thread. There is some great advice and "plans of action" in here. It's brilliant.

I'm by no means an expert (I'm sure it shows) but I'm confused: How can "cutting back contact" co-incide with you sleeping on HER couch every week, kisses/dates with her every week, her in her skivvies sleeping in your lap... I get that you aren't as intensely "involved" as you once were, but your actions seem to say otherwise? And don't take that the wrong way, I'm just trying to get a grasp on what's happening.

Again, I'm just curious as to how things are supposed to play out here. Usually when I've cut back contact, I try to not spend time at any "private" setting with the girl, ie. House, car, whatever. I'll meet up with some friends at a pub, and if the girl happens to be there, then just play it cool. But I certainly don't go to concerts or other one-on-one events. I usually wind up saying things like, "Oh man, I would love to go to that game, but I'm just so busy with work and finals... It pretty much ruins my life. But maybe next time?" and go from there.

But I don't know, maybe your way works too? Hopefully some of the more experienced guys can chime in on this.