hot guys with ugg women - how does this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey, he has a girl friend. that's more than can be said for many here. and he's honest. unlike tons of fellows around here that can type a mean game but whose lives are probably wbafc or worse. besides, people hold opinions on all kinds of things that they have no experience with from politics to the state of the military campaign in iraq. certainly no harm in discussion.

deus,

"No, I'm saying that looks aren't even part of the equation. That's why I advocate a ban of looks threads. They're completely counterproductive to the art of Seduction..."

right. you may be correct here. but it doesn't mean that it's not TRUE. i feel there are lots of ideas in "SELF HELP" that are actually PATENTLY FALSE. but believing them is actually helpful! the LIE enables action whereas the truth may paralyze.

but i've always been an advocate of truth at all costs. whether it is destructive or not.

"An interesting point, but that's mainly due to factors beyond a normal man's control. The same can happen to a male model."

right. and there lies the truth. and it is a truth that is usually frowned upon in the self help community. but there are indeed lots of things that are out of ones control. and the fact that it is out of your control in no way nullifies the point. so if peer pressure and other things can play a part against the cause of an ugly guy, then that guy is screwed.

i agree that it may be detrimental to an ugly guy but i think the truth of the matter is that to say that looks play no part AT ALL is indefensible. my opinion of course but it seems to me that it is just as extreme and ultimately unreasonable as "looks is everythinng".

bonhomme and kk,

"not all men judge a woman by her looks."

magazine covers, film actresses, media personality and the response of babies to photos of ugly v. beautiful people would argue against that notion. also, if we take into account evolutionary psychology, it would be highly detrimental to the evolution of the species.

reality is harsh but not arbitrarily so. there's a reason why lots of people are screwed.

delta

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OH! and while i DO NOT believe that "some guys don't judge a book by its cover", i DO believe that to a certain extent, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

sometimes, some guys find something attractive that another may not. unfortunately, this rarely equates to some guys desperately lusting after what others detest (very likely, if you lust, others lust) but sometimes, you may look at a chick and go meh but another goes yeah!

but the uggs that i'm talking about seems to fall beyond the range of variance of taste...!

delta

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps the girls only ugly or unattractive in your personal opinion. Perhaps the dudes just not shallow. Who knows they could have a thing for fat chicks, strange as that sounds.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"shallow"? ha. actually, i was thinking about this awhile ago and i was thinking that this kind of lesson, that books shouldn't be judged by their covers, is some of the most destructive things that you can teach children.

it is CERTAINLY not the way the world works.

appearance counts. what is not seen counts for nothing.

delta

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delta said:
deus,

"No, I'm saying that looks aren't even part of the equation. That's why I advocate a ban of looks threads. They're completely counterproductive to the art of Seduction..."

right. you may be correct here. but it doesn't mean that it's not TRUE. i feel there are lots of ideas in "SELF HELP" that are actually PATENTLY FALSE. but believing them is actually helpful! the LIE enables action whereas the truth may paralyze.
Id just like to add the following:

1. Looks are a big part of the equation, although its not the ONLY part of the equation. Ive never said it was the ONLY thing that matters. But its a huge part.

2. If looks were NOT part of the equation (meaning "looks matters" is a big lie), then yes, looks threads should be banned. But the truth is, they DO MATTER, so anyone advocating a ban of threads based on useful and true information themselves should be banned for trying to sabotage other people's succes with women by denying them useful and true information such as 'looks matters' information.

It may be discouraging to hear about how much looks matter, it may be discouraging to learn that such is true, However, one will need a real and accurate assessment of reality if he wants to make true success. Accepting and learning about some discouraging information is required in this.

Im kind of out of time, but Ill be back to continue this discussion :)

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Are you think I'm just going to forget about the thread you started on 11/10/06?

Looks are the only thing that matters!!

Dishonesty does no good for your arguments.
*clears throat*....

um, I didnt start that thread. Skip2mylou started that thread. I just took part in posting in that thread to help show people the light: looks matter.

I rarely ever start threads. Almost all my posts are responses to other peoples threads. So before you accuse someone of being dishonest, you should do your research first.

oh, and please stop resorting to propaganda tactics to hurt other people's credibility.

But the truth is, they DO MATTER, so anyone advocating a ban of threads based on useful and true information themselves should be banned for trying to sabotage other people's succes with women by denying them useful and true information such as 'looks matters' information.

I'm trying very hard to think of instances where believing "looks matter" can be "useful and true information". I mean, an aspiring model is about the only one that I can come up with. Since this isn't a modeling forum, looks threads should be banned.
Lets see here, In order for one to become successful with women, he will need to be able to make good decisions about what and how to improve himself. In order to make these decisions, he will need true, accurate and no-bullsh1t assessment of reality to base his decisions on. If he bases his decisions on fualty assessments of reality, he will get undesired outcomes and failure. See how it works?

Looks matter, for one to deny that, and then turn around and make decisions based on the assumption that looks DONT matter, he will only be hurting himself in making bad decisions; hell be improving the wrong things about himself in the wrong way, and will not be getting results. Accepting that looks matter may be discouraging, but atleast youll be able to use that accurate, real, true no-BS information to base your "self improvement with women" decisions on.

No matter how brutal the truth is, you will always be better off knowing it if you seek to improve yourself!

Reaction score
i'm not understanding this argument, are some y'all arguing that looks DONT matter? like at all? thats just something second grade teachers tell ugly kids.

sure there are rare exceptions where you see an ugly person with a goodlooking person, but damn are those rare. for the most part, looks make things easier for you.

hell, im living proof that game doesn't get you chicks without looks.

DamianOM

Don Juan
Reaction score
um looks arent going to get you anywhere in life. The paradox is it might make things easier but actually are harder for the good looking person to have a rich personality while always depending on his looks for anything. Im a wbafc good looking dude but I have deep inner issues like: low self esteem, psychotic depression, and social anxiety disorder,. I think looks only matter to certain girls if she is either ugly or a gold digger. I would rather choose a gold digger or a mecenary if she is a giver and good looking as well.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing that's not getting a lot of attention here is how subjective one's perception of appearance is.

There are a lot of "girl next door" or "nerdette" gals some of you might think average or even below average in looks who I think are hella cute; whereas many fake-titted, overly tanned and made up Cosmo cover models who most guys drool over do nothing for me.

A lot of you guys are talking about the "harsh reality." OK, here's some reality for you: it is not at all unusual for people, myself included, to find creatures like real pudgy cats, bulldogs, and even insects "cute." Some who have them as pets even kiss the bloody creatures. Who's to say similar notions don't apply regarding people who some find attractive?

Granted, there are undoubtedly guys who seem to be capable of getting the "hottest" gals, but are involved with women who they deep down don't think are so hot. In those cases, there may be self-esteem issues or self-limiting notions that make them think they can't do any better -- or other personal issues (such as matters the "hotter" women have consistently considered "deal breakers") that aren't evident unless you really know what's going on with these "underachiever" fellows. Things aren't always as they seem.

What these "hot guys with ugly women" think is not important. What is important is what gets you the results you want.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tom Leykis says the beautiful women for ugly guys to after are ones with issues. PUA's probably know this very well. Most of these women are the reason for their success.They are the ones who are not getting the prime guys because the prime guys only use them to get laid. So beautiful women with issues such as daddy issues, insecure,lousy personality,on meds ect will F**K ugly guys and date them too. That is the key to getting beautiful women if you are average or below. Look for the chick with issues. Examples: Kim Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan,Christina Aguilera(so-so looks). Example of hot chicks who will f**K ugs because of deep issues.

Like I said, good looking men with ug girls usually have a personality issue or just plain boriing. He's the only one who does'nt know he has the personality of a wet sponge. Good looking guys with great personalities and confidence have women everywhere.

Good looking women with great personalities and confidence have alll types of guys to choose from.

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know some guys that love to poke it in fat woman

personally i'd rather suck my own **** before i'd stick it in them buts its personal taste

Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Well, yeah. But you're trolling, so your opinion doesn't really count.

Hell yes.
whoa easy man. i dont troll. i respect your opinions just dont agree with them. i guess i'll leave you alone on this thread. tooouuuccchhhhyyyy!

Reaction score
not only do looks matter bo both sexes, but the beauty of it is, its much MUCH easier to work on your looks and improve them drastically (gym, tan, better clothing) than it is to amp up your personality or become rich.

Great looks will get you the initial hello, and if a girl thinks you are hot enougn, she will jump your bones, but most of the time, one needs at least some kind of positive personality traits to compliment his looks

initial attraction - only looks matter

everything after that - everything matters

Reaction score
Fenderules said:
...personally i'd rather suck my own **** before i'd stick it in them buts its personal taste
"so are you saying your penis is "tasty"? Ewwwwwwwwww!

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are maybe 3 or 4 girls where I don't think are pretty at all, but I'd **** them. But that's kind of ego talking.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
After you finish clearing the viscous white blockage from your throat, click the link. You started the thread. YOU did. Not skip, not me...YOU. Yes, the same guy that said that "I never said looks are the ONLY thing that matters" started a thread entitled "Looks are the only thing that matters!". Accept responsibility; move on.
This is disinfo you are spewing about me in an attempt to damage my credibility!!! Yes I made that thread, and made it have that title. That thread of mine was my reposting of skip's thread! Key words here: SKIP's THREAD.

Skip created the thread "Looks are the only thing that matters" in the Donjuan Discussion. But then some @sshole mod merged it with the Looks are more important than you think thread, and moved it into the archive section in an attempt to hide it from people on this site. I thought that was such an underhanded move to remove such deserved exposure to skip's thread, so I took the liberty to repost his very thread back in the Don juan section, with the same thread title included. That is why I made that thread. I was reposting skips thread. Skip was the originator of that thread, not me. I just reposted it with the title intact

If you actually click that link you provide, and read what I say there, its clear I was in fact re-posting skip's thread. You know, the thread created by skip, not me: Looks are the only thing that matters

Me and skip both agree that looks matter a hella lot, but one difference between me and him is that I dont beleive theyre the ONLY thing that matters.

It works like this:

if the woman thinks you are ugly, nothing will work. You can have the perfect bulletproof game, and nothing will work. Uglyness is the kryptonite to bulletproof game (if she thinks youre ugly). The game ends right at your ugliness.

However, if she thinks your good looking, the deal isnt sealed yet. You still have to advance things with her. This is where your personality and how you act comes in. If youre too afraid to ask her for her number, or dont know how to create chemistry with her, things will be too akward between the both of you, and nothing will happen.

But notice, Looks matter alot: if she thinks your ugly, and she's a hottie, you are fvcked. there is a strong correlation between your success with a hottie, and how you look. Hotties are usually shallow (meaning they require a guy who is good looking to them). If shes not seeing the good looks, nothing you do will have any effect on her. shell just resist and resist untill she cries rape or something.

If he bases his decisions on fualty assessments of reality, he will get undesired outcomes and failure. See how it works?

Oh, I see very well. In order to become a God of Getting Layed(sic), you must believe that looks matter. Profound.
Well, yep, thats part of it. Becuase looks do matter. OTherwise, the assessment would be fualty, now wouldnt it ;)

Looks matter, for one to deny that, and then turn around and make decisions based on the assumption that looks DONT matter...

Not an assumption. Conclusion based on years of research, interviews, experimentation, and observation.
Damn, I would really like you to provide links to all this research you speak of :) Id love to see that.

No matter how brutal the truth is, you will always be better off knowing it if you seek to improve yourself!

Exactly. Which is why I'm constantly having to correct looks-matter threads.
actually, your "correcting of looks matter threads" would be considered sabataging one's success with women. Nothing truthful about spewing BS about looks NOT mattering.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
deus,

i do think you are being disingenuous and dishonest with yourself.

in what competitive endeavor in life does appearance NOT matter? from the uniform checks of military to job interviews to meeting parents etc etc etc....

why would this ONE SINGLE AREA OF LIFE be IMMUNE COMPLETELY (as you would argue) to this?

EVEN BABIES who don't have enough days under them to be trained react POSITIVELY to beauty and NEGATIVELY to ugly people.

BEAUTY and the DESIRE for beauty is not only INGRAINED, it is good.

look, if your argument is that no matter HOW UGLY, DEFORMED, DISABLED and SHORT a guy is, it is POSSIBLE to find a beautiful woman.... I'LL BUY THAT.

but can you really honestly say, honestly to YOURSELF EVEN, that looks play 0 part in the equation?

really?

delta

p.s. also, your position is SOOOOO EXTREME that i have to believe that there's something motivating it. some personal tragedy (with a friend perhaps) or something that makes you have this particular axe to grind. am i right?

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ALSO-

when you say that looks play 0%, you're also denying INDIRECT effects.

girls and societal/peer pressure and judgment by others being one we spoke about.

but if you're touting confidence as essential, it's really hard to form confidence in a vacuum. isn't it easier to have that confidence if you were dressed well and you look your best? because you see how people look at you positively and that re-inforces your confidence and creates a little confidence loop?

and if so, then if you are blessed by genetics to be considered good looking and people respond to you favorably, then wouldn't it also follow that it would likely fuel your confidence?

delta

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
articulate point drummer. what exactly do you have a problem with?

delta

Status
Not open for further replies.