FR: Approached a set at school.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me: Hey, you seem like an intersting girl! You probably had an interesting weekend!
[And she laughs but doesn't say anything]
Me: Anyway, I'll tell you about my weekend... so there was this after party in band.
[And I see her friend not replying and not wanting to get pulled out of the set I talk to her friend]
Me: So you're not going to introduce me to your friend? That's rude.
[And she like laughs for a while and eventually goes]
Girl: Oh that's Chiz.
Girl2: Yeah, I'm Chiz.
Me: Yeah, I think I saw you at the mall this summer. What store was that?
Girl2: Oh, I think that was Metro Parks.
And the set ends, and the girls eventually move to another spot.

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
And the set ends, and the girls eventually move to another spot.
That's cause it's weird. You can't just come in and ask about their weekend with an opener like that, it's not a smooth transition. Of course it doesn't have to be smooth, but usually when it's not, it's spontaneous, and you're set was not spontaneous.

You need to engage the WHOLE set from the moment you enter. Young women have short attention spans, snap snap and she's wondering when you'll leave.

ElStud said:
Hey, you seem like an intersting girl! You probably had an interesting weekend!
That telegraphs too much interest, you're not cool yet. They see no value in you, they won't want to tell you about their weekends. Raise value first.

I suggest you study Mystery's Method, I think it would suit you more, no matter how many times you say you don't like routines.

Direct and Indirect game are the same, you are still using routines, it's just that when you're doing it "Natural", you get a man sense of what to say and when to say it, it's still a routine, just not a "memorized-from-computer-screen" routine. So don't make a big deal about disliking canned material.

Open, time constraint, neg (If the target is hot), hook, DHV, comfort. You can leave after DHVing and build comfort later. Engage the WHOLE set, and KINO right away.

The stories you tell are lame, you keep saying that it's all about the way you project it and it doesn't matter, so why don't we try a little experiment?

Try MM, get a few canned routines to tell. Then approach a different set with your own "Natural" stories which you feel project "Your personality", and see which as the best results.

It's true that it's important to project your personality, but the personality you're projecting is just boring. Did you ever consider that you should change your personality? Become more interesting?

And why do I get the feeling that you lurk around school at lunch by yourself all day? Do you have any friends? Because you NEVER mention them, and when you go sarging at malls, you never bring them.

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lust said:
That's cause it's weird. You can't just come in and ask about their weekend with an opener like that, it's not a smooth transition. Of course it doesn't have to be smooth, but usually when it's not, it's spontaneous, and you're set was not spontaneous.

You need to engage the WHOLE set from the moment you enter. Young women have short attention spans, snap snap and she's wondering when you'll leave.

That telegraphs too much interest, you're not cool yet. They see no value in you, they won't want to tell you about their weekends. Raise value first.

I suggest you study Mystery's Method, I think it would suit you more, no matter how many times you say you don't like routines.

Direct and Indirect game are the same, you are still using routines, it's just that when you're doing it "Natural", you get a man sense of what to say and when to say it, it's still a routine, just not a "memorized-from-computer-screen" routine. So don't make a big deal about disliking canned material.

Open, time constraint, neg (If the target is hot), hook, DHV, comfort. You can leave after DHVing and build comfort later. Engage the WHOLE set, and KINO right away.

The stories you tell are lame, you keep saying that it's all about the way you project it and it doesn't matter, so why don't we try a little experiment?

Try MM, get a few canned routines to tell. Then approach a different set with your own "Natural" stories which you feel project "Your personality", and see which as the best results.

It's true that it's important to project your personality, but the personality you're projecting is just boring. Did you ever consider that you should change your personality? Become more interesting?

And why do I get the feeling that you lurk around school at lunch by yourself all day? Do you have any friends? Because you NEVER mention them, and when you go sarging at malls, you never bring them.
Have you read Magic Bullets?

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lust said:

Mystery Method is a method, I don't do methods, I don't do routines. I'm gonna do things the way I do them, not using some stupid routine.

Stories I tell are lame? Well screw you Mister Novelist. I tell stories from my experiences and I'm not about to use sh*t canned story that didn't even happen. The way you speak though, you must be writing novels. No I will not ditch the way I tell stories. I will continue to tell stories from my experiences. Plus you put too much emphasis on story. Mystery HIMSELF said that you could be talking about absolutely nothing and the girl will be entertained as long as you tell it passionitely.

My personality isn't boring if anything it's the chicks that are boring. My personality boring? I'm one of the most fun loving guys out there and if women don't like that, that's not my problem since I'm just being myself and doing what I do.

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
Mystery Method is a method, I don't do methods, I don't do routines. I'm gonna do things the way I do them, not using some stupid routine.

Stories I tell are lame? Well screw you Mister Novelist. I tell stories from my experiences and I'm not about to use sh*t canned story that didn't even happen. The way you speak though, you must be writing novels. No I will not ditch the way I tell stories. I will continue to tell stories from my experiences. Plus you put too much emphasis on story. Mystery HIMSELF said that you could be talking about absolutely nothing and the girl will be entertained as long as you tell it passionitely.

My personality isn't boring if anything it's the chicks that are boring. My personality boring? I'm one of the most fun loving guys out there and if women don't like that, that's not my problem since I'm just being myself and doing what I do.
THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!! :rockon: :rockon:

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
Girls seemed completely uninterested, ntohign you could have really done.

That's quite the ending to a conversation though.

"You seem like an interesting girl! you must have had an interesting weekend!"

Is that really you? lol I don't know anyone that isn't in the community going around saying something like that.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kev07 said:
Girls seemed completely uninterested, ntohign you could have really done.

That's quite the ending to a conversation though.

"You seem like an interesting girl! you must have had an interesting weekend!"

Is that really you? lol I don't know anyone that isn't in the community going around saying something like that.
That's because they're too busy using routines. It's called making a statement.

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
True, but have a better opener stud...

That one just scares people off...

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends you say it scarily they will be scared. You say with enthusiasm they won't.

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
True but in this case it didnt seem like they were engaged...

Then you transitioned into i'll tell you about my weekend... They dont care about that... it was too fast of a transition that will freak them out

Good energy tho

w00t

Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
Me: Hey, you seem like an intersting girl! You probably had an interesting weekend!
[And she laughs but doesn't say anything]
Me: Anyway, I'll tell you about my weekend... so there was this after party in band.
[And I see her friend not replying and not wanting to get pulled out of the set I talk to her friend]
Me: So you're not going to introduce me to your friend? That's rude.
[And she like laughs for a while and eventually goes]
Girl: Oh that's Chiz.
Girl2: Yeah, I'm Chiz.
Me: Yeah, I think I saw you at the mall this summer. What store was that?
Girl2: Oh, I think that was Metro Parks.
And the set ends, and the girls eventually move to another spot.And the set ends, and the girls eventually move to another spot.

not bad man, you should've made fun of chiz's name in a playful matter... like "i bet the boys likke that" or something... like "chiz eh? i just chizzed in the bathroom"

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
w00t said:

not bad man, you should've made fun of chiz's name in a playful matter... like "i bet the boys likke that" or something... like "chiz eh? i just chizzed in the bathroom"
lmao!!! yeah.. do that. oh god this guy is hilarious!!!

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
w00t said:

Haha, no offense man, but is that a joke? Oh well, I guess it could work if they could see you were being yourself, but... you're really not at that level looking at your mall approach. Don't go the way of the keyboard jockey on me now and just give advice without doing anything.

Stacks Of Terror

Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
Too rough a statement. Theres nothing wrong with a prepared opener just stay away from whole canned routines.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stacks Of Terror said:
Too rough a statement. Theres nothing wrong with a prepared opener just stay away from whole canned routines.
If you think of something on the spot it's not a canned routine.

Stacks Of Terror

Don Juan
Reaction score
Er not what I'm saying. You thought of it on the spot, right? I'm saying maybe a few canned openers would be a wise thing to pick up and then you can play off those on your own.

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
But the way you're doing things isn't working. Yet you don't seemed to be alarmed that you still haven't made any real progress in the last few months. You still haven't gotten a number yet. The Mystery Method can be adapted for each individual, it's the principles he teaches, not the routines, that get men laid.

ElStud said:
Stories I tell are lame? Well screw you Mister Novelist. I tell stories from my experiences and I'm not about to use sh*t canned story that didn't even happen. The way you speak though, you must be writing novels.
You will find that when you detach ego from things you do, your game will improve greatly. There is no need to get defensive, I am giving you valuable advice, and you are taking it too personally.

ElStud said:
No I will not ditch the way I tell stories. I will continue to tell stories from my experiences. Plus you put too much emphasis on story. Mystery HIMSELF said that you could be talking about absolutely nothing and the girl will be entertained as long as you tell it passionitely.
So, if you're listening to Mystery about that, why don't you try out the rest of his methods? Because you pick out and only listen to what suits you, which will not help you much in the long run.

Yes it's true that you can be talking about absolutely nothing if you project it right, but judging by your FRs, it's either the stories you're telling that suck (Which many others have told you in previous threads), or the way you're projecting it that sucks. Or (Most probably), both.

The problem with you is, you aren't willing to look back at your FRs, ADMIT that you ARE wrong, and change things.

Let me ask you this, are you happy with your game at the moment? Are you happy with the fact that you still have not gotten a number? That you go to the mall by yourself to make approaches? That even though you can make more approaches than most yet still can't close?

If you keep doing what you have always done, you will keep getting what you have always gotten. Nothing.

Also, please reply to my question about you having friends. Because if your social circle needs building, and you go out by yourself to the mall to make approaches, it's going to make you seem like a creepy loser with no friends, and you'd want to get some real friends first, before chasing some girl.

ElStud said:
My personality isn't boring if anything it's the chicks that are boring.
Aha, yeah great mentality there. Denial won't get you laid.

ElStud said:
My personality boring? I'm one of the most fun loving guys out there and if women don't like that, that's not my problem since I'm just being myself and doing what I do.
Well then you need to prove it to women. What makes you fun? Project in into your sets, which you are not doing, or the women you're approaching would have given more interest.

It IS your problem, if you graduate from High School and enter College as a virgin, with no friends. Don't be ashamed to work on yourself.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lust said:
But the way you're doing things isn't working. Yet you don't seemed to be alarmed that you still haven't made any real progress in the last few months. You still haven't gotten a number yet. The Mystery Method can be adapted for each individual, it's the principles he teaches, not the routines, that get men laid.

You will find that when you detach ego from things you do, your game will improve greatly. There is no need to get defensive, I am giving you valuable advice, and you are taking it too personally.

So, if you're listening to Mystery about that, why don't you try out the rest of his methods? Because you pick out and only listen to what suits you, which will not help you much in the long run.

Yes it's true that you can be talking about absolutely nothing if you project it right, but judging by your FRs, it's either the stories you're telling that suck (Which many others have told you in previous threads), or the way you're projecting it that sucks. Or (Most probably), both.

The problem with you is, you aren't willing to look back at your FRs, ADMIT that you ARE wrong, and change things.

Let me ask you this, are you happy with your game at the moment? Are you happy with the fact that you still have not gotten a number? That you go to the mall by yourself to make approaches? That even though you can make more approaches than most yet still can't close?

If you keep doing what you have always done, you will keep getting what you have always gotten. Nothing.

Also, please reply to my question about you having friends. Because if your social circle needs building, and you go out by yourself to the mall to make approaches, it's going to make you seem like a creepy loser with no friends, and you'd want to get some real friends first, before chasing some girl.

Aha, yeah great mentality there. Denial won't get you laid.

Well then you need to prove it to women. What makes you fun? Project in into your sets, which you are not doing, or the women you're approaching would have given more interest.

It IS your problem, if you graduate from High School and enter College as a virgin, with no friends. Don't be ashamed to work on yourself.
The exact response I wanted to say last night when I saw this thread, but I was too high to type properly.