Football, a beta male hobby or a legit interest for men?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
was anyone else beta enough to watch the Super Bowl?
I kind of wanted to watch it but I was doing something else and lost track of time.

DTim88

Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoy football but if you're profession isn't sports related or you're not making money from it..its more of a detriment since your not utilizing your time properly..it's about balance

MaestroRyan

Reaction score
Im a fan of Pook as much as the next guy. But cant a guy watch a little TV after a day of hard work?
Don't ask me. Just know a child's book has twice as much word diversity then nightly news.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Moreover, any women who are fanatical about sports are damaged goods. You have been warned.
Fanatical is a subjective term. It is better that a girlfriend/wife isn't a regular sports fan.

A good portion of women watch the Super Bowl. A lot of those women have husbands and boyfriends though. If a woman is unattached on Super Bowl Sunday in a given year, she's not as likely to watch the Super Bowl. Unattached women also rarely go to Super Bowl parties.

The World Series (pro baseball), NBA Finals (pro basketball), and Stanley Cup Finals (pro hockey) are Best of 7 series, unlike the one game Super Bowl, NCAA Basketball Championship, or an NCAA Football bowl game. Women are more likely to watch the one game championship things than multiple games in a Best of 7 series. The women who might watch 2-3 games of a 7 game series likely already have husband and boyfriends. I can't imagine many women who are not in relationships at a given moment watching multiple games in a 6 or 7 game Best of 7 series.

There are always rumors that more babies are born 9-10 months in a local area after a local team wins a sportsball championship. Here are examples of those stories, as one is related to the Philadelphia Eagles winning the 2017-18 NFL season Super Bowl and one is related to the Chicago Cubs winning the 2016 World Series.

An academic study was done in 2017 about the phenomenon of a birth rate increase after a championship. There is no evidence to support it.

The typical unattached guy doesn't get laid due to the local team winning a championship and I doubt the typical unmarried guy in an LTR is getting laid due to it either. Maybe some boring married couples might have sex if both are into that local team or there are 2 alums from the same college and that college wins a basketball or football championship.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if they spent that much time and put their efforts into sh*t that really mattered? Don't worry, they'll all be back drinking Bud Lights at their circle jerks and obsessing over people that do not care about any of them. At all.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if they spent that much time and put their efforts into sh*t that really mattered?
You can say the same about the athletes. Mere gladiators when Rome is falling once again.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was a great game with an anti-climactic ending. Looks like Mahomes is well on his way towards becoming GOAT.
GOAT QB and GOAT Muppet. Dude has definite crossover appeal, got to give him that.

Legit question: When you're both red and green, is every day Christmas?

Last edited:

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I should have worded that different. What I meant was that you shouldn't make it a date, like "this thursday I want to watch the game with you."
I know this is old but I tend to prefer to date women who like watching sports. That way I can watch all the sports I want with no issue.

radha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Watching football is very cringe for me. The whole time I can't stop thinking about how the retard players are giving themselves brain injuries just so that smarter people can have a bit of entertainment to watch on Sunday.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watching football is very cringe for me. The whole time I can't stop thinking about how the retard players are giving themselves brain injuries just so that smarter people can have a bit of entertainment to watch on Sunday.
It's mostly the linemen and tight ends who are dumb. You need some intelligence to play QB, receiver, linebacker, and defensive backfield. If you're just hitting dudes for the most part you can be dumb as a rock.

CheekyMonkey101

Don Juan
Reaction score
I spent so much money travelling the UK and Europe watching football (soccer) over the years that I've kind of become drained to it.

I know it's a different sport and culture, but there are still similarities with fanatical, committed and sometimes over the top fans.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's mostly the linemen and tight ends who are dumb. You need some intelligence to play QB, receiver, linebacker, and defensive backfield. If you're just hitting dudes for the most part you can be dumb as a rock.
Can’t feel too bad. They get paid a **** ton of money for playing a game.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of the injuries sustained in football can be life altering, so that stinks.

Weekend warriors who never played NCAA or professional sports can deal with orthopedic type injuries from even non-contact sports like swimming or tennis. Those orthopedic injuries can result in surgeries and unpleasant physical therapy visits.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, at the expense of all the beta cvcks who fund them blindly. Their "something better to do" is getting into shootouts and cocaine binges in South Beach. Can't blame them for it either, especially with all that immunity they are given by crusty, old, MFs.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, at the expense of all the beta cvcks who fund them blindly. Their "something better to do" is getting into shootouts and cocaine binges in South Beach. Can't blame them for it either, especially with all that immunity they are given by crusty, old, MFs.
Or getting sh1tfaced drunk and showing up belligerently at your in-laws

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love football in the sense that I love to watch the game as I grew up playing it and was a fan. Plus, when I was in NYC, it was great to rub it in the faces of Penn St alumni that you went to an SEC school that actually wins titles. However, there is a level to this. If you are watching casually for fun, then you are not a loser unless you burn your entire Saturday watching football. After being hit with a nasty health scare that made it tough for me to game, I spent my Saturdays and Sundays watching football.

However, overall, anything outside of watching football at home or maybe at a bar is a waste of time.

If you go to a game, you notice how most people there are usually married with kids or settled down. The typical fan is a beta male that works the 9 to 5 corporate job, fattens himself up on beer from happy hours, gets obsessed with celebrity gossip, and then gets jealous of the single guys living it up and getting laid.

Even for myself, I have usually watched football and sports in my darkest moments in life. If I had not been hit with a nasty health scare, I would be out talking to girls, walking on my own business, or doing something important and worthwhile than watching football. I find that people who religiously follow sports are usually just the kinds of people who have thrown the towel in on life and need someone to vicariously live through.
Uh, I guess 1982 & 1986 don't count? :rolleyes: