Does "No Contact" really work?

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude I took a huge hit I'm not going out there with a bunch of people looking at me and stuff.

Reaction score
I usually just like to smoke it to help me sleep because I am an insomniac. It works amazing as a sleep aid.

I'd rather smoke herb to sleep than take pills every night. But unfortunately it's expensive and dangerous and I can't afford the risk right now.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It also works amazing as a zombie-aid. Lol. Those days are behind me.

Reaction score
Yeah it kills motivation but look what this girl did after we smoked. I'd say it's worth it to have some on hand. Just don't break it out unless you know she is cool with it. I made that mistake with NYE girl she hated it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
She lives in my no name small boring town. We like the same music, she likes to smoke. We are from the same area. Her family owns a farm. No baggage, no divorces, no disorders, no kids, no drama.
Oh and no exes that she talked about.

How does that sound?
I could be wrong but it sounds as if your interest isn't based on who she is, it's about who she isn't. It's as if scarcity makes her a more attractive package.

Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I could be wrong but it sounds as if your interest isn't based on who she is, it's about who she isn't. It's as if scarcity makes her a more attractive package.

I've come back down to Earth today. The worse thing I could possibly do in this situation is start acting AFC.

We are still practically strangers and face it how many guys in College are AFC's? Probably all of them, and I bet she is surprised I haven't contacted her yet today. Even after she told me SHE would call, but she hasn't yet, and an AFC would be getting antsy right about now. Maybe she is testing the waters to see how I will act. I am assuming women do this often to see if the guy is AFC?

I remember when we were hanging out the other day I called her "baby", and she goes "I'm not your baby YET"...

I just said it out of habit, I don't want her to think I am going to tie her down, or get jealous and psycho over her. She can do what she wants, and I will continue doing what I want which will be meeting new women.

So there you have it... after all this drama and messing up my relationships I think I am approaching the DJ mind frame. And it's just in time too, because everything that has happened I am glad because if it didn't happen I wouldn't be where I am now.

Edited to Add: BOOZE brings out the AFC in me and probably everybody. Getting drunk is a DJ killer. Just look at all my posts in this thread most of them were while drinking. I made this post completely sober do you notice a difference?

Last edited:

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just catching up... do I have this right? She called you yesterday to ask you out for a drink tonight, but you offered to make it into a dinner date??? Then plans were made but YET you AGREED to accept her having to call you today to confirm for tonight???

Reaction score
Since yesterday was the "day after" or whatever I texted her and tried to call her once. She texted me back later saying "sorry I was busy today I had a great time I'll call you tomorrow we can meet up for drinks"

The key there is she explicitly said "i'll call you tomorrow"

So then I replied "cool" and mentioned this restaurant she likes and I said "maybe we can go" she said

"that sounds wonderful"

Here we go planting the seeds of doubt in my mind.. sigh...

Should I call or text her tonight? It's not a big deal, she did say she wanted to meet up.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy fvck why does this stuff have to be so damn complicated?

Reaction score
reset said:

It's really not, I'm just overanalyzing things like a b!tch.

I'll just send a text "meet me at the bar at 8pm" thats what I'll do if she shows great.

The restaurant is right next to the bar.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are, lol. It's ok. Don't they say 90% is body language or tone of voice?
When we overanalyze we take something really simple and turn it into a game of battleship or something. Sheesh!

Reaction score
Mr Me is right I dont want to just sit around she fukking texted me that she wanted to meet up tonight. That's all I should really need to hear.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
...Edited to Add: BOOZE brings out the AFC in me and probably everybody. Getting drunk is a DJ killer. Just look at all my posts in this thread most of them were while drinking. I made this post completely sober do you notice a difference?
Perhaps; more importantly, do you?

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what I would have done "hey hot chick, yeah meeting for drinks sounds great. 7pm a the Barfly. See you there." click.

I'm sure someone has a better strategy but that's what I would do. Simple no fuss.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
The typical males need to apply logic to things (even the illogical) in order to demonstrate that their knowledge of those things allows them control over them.

Reaction score
I sent the text, so I'll be heading off to the bar guys. I feel she'll reply and show up. If I don't see her I guess I could hit her up. We'll see what happens.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
The typical males need to apply logic to things (even the illogical) in order to demonstrate that their knowledge of those things allows them control over them.
Ok. What?

It just seems like an awful lot of fuss. Following what you said, this is the sequence I may have followed:

1. Sex
2. Voicemail message "hey had a good time, call you soon" etc.
3. Wait a little (maybe she'll call)
4. Call "hey drinks at barfly 7pm, see you there" click.
5. Arrive at 7

Reaction score
She just replied "sounds good see you soon"

Thanks Mr Me for making me realize I shouldnt just wait around girls never call.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, MNIN, what I was thinking was that the date sounds like she's going to flake. She's making all the standard noises. And now I read that her offer of meeting you for drinks only came during when she replied to YOUR message, IOW, she didn't take the initiative to contact you first and offer drinks, it happened during her response to you after you contacting her. That offer and how it wasn't confirmed for tonight, that's what gives me pause.

Can you do me a favor, and yourself a favor? If she flakes tonight, don't call her, okay? If she flakes, just move on and forget her. No twenty pages of a new thread. It's difficult to keep up with all that reading only to find nothing's changed.