DJing in England

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
Hang on. I thought we were talking about whether you can pick up Uk girls cold. All you are saying is you didn't do anything because you were too concerned about something you shouldn't give a toss about and isn't any of their business.

Because you didn't smile, say hello and practice the bridging skills needed in these situations, you'll never know whether she could have been interested and are no better equipped to do it next time.

I would have been much more impressed if you said that you go to the library for a week and out of 20 girls 2 or 3 talked but no luck and the rest said p1ss off despite trying different things. And therefore you felt libraries were unproductive.

I went in my local bookshop just before Christmas, I saw this girl went passed and shouted Bogeys! quite loud, luckily she got what I was on about and laughed. I went over and said I had a terrible urge to do it (smile).

We spent a few minutes talking about the antics of d1ck and Dom and then I steered the conversation to other things. I then said she looked like she could do with a coffee and looked in the direction of the coffee bar.

Did she go for it? No she fobbed me off. But do you see the way it might work, even with stuffy Brits.

Could it be most Brit BLOKES are too worried about what other people think and what's acceptable.

Just to rant on alittle more. Over the holiday break I read up on some new material- the spanking thing in DYD. I thought to myself, that will never work, no way will you get away with that.

So tried it and all I can say is I've done it 3 times now and all were positive responses. One in particular is promising.
what i was getting at is, all eye contaxt is in these public places is a game really, people will check each other out, but it is just too weird to do anything more than that!

I bet even in all these situations where you do start chatting, it never leads to anything, because in britain, this stuff isn't done! even if you have the confidence to make the move, the girl will just think your a weido, so if she doesn't realise why your doing it, theres no point to making the move in the first place.

and yes, BRIT blokes ancdare to worried about what other think, we grow up in that culture, hard to change after 23 years....

I've came to realise, we are an uptight nation, that is why people go crazy at the weekdn when they get some alcohol or when abroad and out of this place.

saying this, in a situation at a bus stop, or waiting in a que, that is seen as more acceptable and less weird to start chatting.

anyhow, in a way we have it hard, but in another way we have it easier, reading none brits post, its all about chatting a girl up and getting a number, in the UK when you do get chatting to a girl in a bar or club, you have a pretty good chance of getting a kiss and maybe even more that night., which probably cuts out the whole 1st date process.

Mason

Don Juan
Reaction score
WOW.. agreed

Hey,

This is my very first post here, but I'm an American in the UK as well and have lived here for 2 years now. I LOVE IT! ****y and funny works... and I must agree that once people hear that foreign accent, they love it and will talk to you. At the moment I'm living up in the North East(Newcastle). The girls here are freaky as hell.. LOL.. Just the other night.. New Years Eve.. I went out with my friends and we went dancing in a salsa club here for awhile and old chicks were floating in and I was just like f*ck this Sh*T.. So I told my friend come on let's go to a club where HOT CHICKS are.. So we went over to the front of another club and met some lesbians right outside.. Used some ****y and funny on them, the girls were touching me, feeling me, my friend was just watching in shock.. I was just leaning back against a car(not mine of course..lol..) And letting them do their thing and at the end of the night we were at an after party with these girls.. and well you know the rest.. Attraction even works with British Lesbians.. haha.. Hilarious.. Anyways.. Who knew you could change sexuality? LOL.. But to just agree and affirm what was said earlier: It's all about eye contact, indifference, "getting it", and not being afraid of "sexual" and "suggestive" things and taking firm control of the situation. EVERYONE coming anywhere within eye contact has NOW ENTERED YOUR REALITY. I really have to agree with David D. on this and it really is about the inner game. Get that down and it doesnt matter what you say, your body language will communicate amazing things and the girl will want you.(Not leaning towards her, but away, Indifferent to the situation, and oblivious to the outcome). Anyways.. Im going on WAY to long.. So Im out.. Later.. Oh and if there are any PLAYERS or NATURALs in the Newcastle area.. PM ME NOW!!

P.S. Guys.. You guys need to get around people who get this Sh*T.. you will learn SO MUCH.. More then anywhere else.. Thanks for listening..

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump, someone was asking about this

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not Quite there says.

'I bet even in all these situations where you do start chatting, it never leads to anything, because in britain, this stuff isn't done! even if you have the confidence to make the move, the girl will just think your a weido, so if she doesn't realise why your doing it, theres no point to making the move in the first place.'

Listen to yourself man. Look, if it doesn't work for you then fine, maybe you do look like a Pedo. I don't know. But to say it just doesn't work BECAUSE we're British is just plain wrong.

I have followed through to sex with two women I've picked up this way and many others nearly or just became friends, and I'm no Clooney.

There are two missing links you need to understand-

The first and obvious one is if you have all these fantasies in your head about what will go wrong based on your beliefs then either you'll try it and give up at the first failure OR you won't even try.

The second key thing you are missing is assuming you talk to someone and they immediately say let's go round your place.

In reality you talk to them, some will engage in convo some won't. It's then the bridging from stranger to someone you like and trust, and then from there to hey this guy's worth considering.

I don't mind people saying I tried that and really gave it a go but it didn't work for ME, but to come out with the BRIT BARRIER theory is a cop out.

Also, how do you meet people in general anyway, there's through friends and there's clubs. To me, you are missing out on all the people you come across as you go about your business.

I even tested the water with the female Vet the other day. Turns out she's into climbing, No SH1T so am I, where do you go, oh yes go to Warburgs, that's a great place we ought to hook up....blah.

Now that's not a good example 'cos it's not completely cold, but within 2mins I can talk to a stranger and know a fair bit about them, from there it's not cold.

I'd be interested to know how much of this you have actually attepted, maybe you ought to give it another try, I think you are missing out..

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't read it all...

Seemed the general question was whether cold approaches work in the UK...

One answer, yes...

You can pick up girls in shops, libraries at the bus queue wherever... altho I do not favour just cutting in front of a girl who is walkin in the opposite direction along the street... the amount of shop assistants I have gotten numbers from and then gone out with later that week is silly...

Just look the part and talk the talk...

Teen Spirit

Banned
Reaction score
The worse things about DJ'ing in England is that 90 percent of women are mingers. This has to be one of the ugliest countries in Europe. :(

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, we make em ok here. granted....most other places make em better.....

MasterYoda

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this thread is a bit old but I have to say that yes being american give you a big advantage.

I just happen to be half Americn, half english and half african. I live in America till I was 13 so I have quite a strong American accent.

I'll give you an example. Last week I went to a nightclub. I started openly talking to a woman at the club here is how the conversation went.

Me:hi how are you?
Her: I am quite well you
me:NOt bad, SO are you friends with xxxx
her:yeah xxxx and I went to the same school.
me:Oh I see
her:Excuse me where are you from?
me: orignally?
Her:Yeah
me: I'm from California
Her: Really? I don't want to sound rude or anything but what are you doing in ****ty England.

From there the chat went smoothly with me giving her 2 negs.

Dean

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by EternalBachelor
Hi. I am a college student in England and despite being surrounded by hundreds of hot girls (it is summer and they are all in short skirts :D ) I am finding it almost impossible to meet enough girls.

Summer??!!!!
have u even stepped out side the door m8?