DJing in England

SuperFlex

Don Juan
Reaction score
With the hot weather we're having, you could go for a nice cold drink in a beer garden somewhere in the country.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How do all you UK guys find bars, clubs & bar/club pickups here?

EternalBachelor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Henley Royal Regatta. I think I would be a little bit out of place there. I got the impression it was full of Old Etonians, rowers from Oxbridge etc.

Austin how would you recommend I go about meeting girls in gyms? I work out a lot and the gym is full of very nice looking girls in good shape. What is the best way to establish rapport as girls are often very sensitive in the gym as they are sweating and usually not wearing very much. I have tried asking them about their training goals etc. but got brushed off more often than not.

AMF. I think especially at university, bar/club pickups offer a lot of potential, as it one of the few places where (with the help of alcohol) girls can loosen up (although it does make some girls ver rude).

My skills at clubs and bars are near non-existent so I would welcome anyones advice on playing the club/bar scene in the UK

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by EternalBachelor
Henley Royal Regatta. I think I would be a little bit out of place there. I got the impression it was full of Old Etonians, rowers from Oxbridge etc.

Austin how would you recommend I go about meeting girls in gyms? I work out a lot and the gym is full of very nice looking girls in good shape. What is the best way to establish rapport as girls are often very sensitive in the gym as they are sweating and usually not wearing very much. I have tried asking them about their training goals etc. but got brushed off more often than not.

AMF. I think especially at university, bar/club pickups offer a lot of potential, as it one of the few places where (with the help of alcohol) girls can loosen up (although it does make some girls ver rude).

My skills at clubs and bars are near non-existent so I would welcome anyones advice on playing the club/bar scene in the UK
Henley Regatta, in my experience, is not too good. The women tend to be either very loud sloaney women with huge rugby playing boyfriends, or local slappers from Maidenhead tottering about in miniskirts - similar to Royal Ascot really. You do get some incredibly attractive women at events in the 'season' (Henley, Ascot, Guards Polo, Glyndebourne etc) but they are usually in big unsociable groups. I find smaller, low key events much better.

As for gyms, I've never chatted up women in the gym because I tend to use the pool most of the time. It's pretty easy there, you just get chatting while resting at the end of a length - make sure you get EC and a smile first though. I usually just talk about crap like 'not many people in today' etc. I have done C&F though on women who do the girlie thing of getting in really slowly because they think the water's cold.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re the bar scene in the UK.

I've never really had much luck in this area, but one thing I've found does work quite well is 'working tables'. A group of you men sit down at a table near a table of all girls. You ignore them at first to let them check you out, then just ask for a light or something and get chatting, turning back to your lot occasionally. At this point there may be c*ckblocking from some of the women, but you just isolate and get the number of one you like.

SuperFlex

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had good luck in a bar last night.

Went out for my friends birthday and got ****faced in a weatherspoons bar. Then we went to another bar that's open until later. A hb8 walked passed, i got EC and a smile.

Waved at her, and motioned for her to come over. She came and i started a conversation. Then i handed her my phone, and she put her number and name in. Then she started sucking on my face.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuperFlex
I had good luck in a bar last night.

Went out for my friends birthday and got ****faced in a weatherspoons bar. Then we went to another bar that's open until later. A hb8 walked passed, i got EC and a smile.

Waved at her, and motioned for her to come over. She came and i started a conversation. Then i handed her my phone, and she put her number and name in. Then she started sucking on my face.
Yeah the direct approach sometimes works wonders. But don't be surprised if someone called 'Darren' answers the phone and threatens to 'do you for talking to his bird' or something...!:D

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by EternalBachelor

Nah, not really, there is insidethe enclosure but elsewhere.

Originally posted by Austin Allegro
Henley Regatta, in my experience, is not too good. The women tend to be either very loud sloaney women with huge rugby playing boyfriends, or local slappers from Maidenhead tottering about in miniskirts - similar to Royal Ascot really. You do get some incredibly attractive women at events in the 'season' (Henley, Ascot, Guards Polo, Glyndebourne etc) but they are usually in big unsociable groups. I find smaller, low key events much better.
although I will be there on several of the days, ill be the one surrounded by the women.

Find a posh friend who can get tickets inside the enclosures, like Leander and the Stewards, make sure you come smart. The local slappers are the ones sitting on the river banks outside and standing on the bridge.

The sloaney women are easy to avoid.

Just go to a champagne tent somewhere and you will find attractive women, if they are in big groups, its reasonably easy to break into, but i tend to find they turn up in about fours inside the enlosure and places, because thats all a single mate can get tickets for guests for.

donny osmond

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Went out for my friends birthday and got ****faced in a weatherspoons bar. Then we went to another bar that's open until later. A hb8 walked passed, i got EC and a smile. "

Spoonies are amazing for fit girls, just be wary of the council esate scum etc. because it is so cheap!

Pubs are amazin to pull in, prime time is about 9-10 because thats when the girls will be on at least their third bacardi breezer!

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spoons tends to be under 14s and old men, jsut perfect for you then :D

No spoons tends to have people with whom i dotn get on with so much, its great for a beer if im with m8s but 4 me sucks if im on the prowl and yes i know its illegal but thats what fake IDs are for

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've hardly ever seen attractive women in Wetherspoons'! It's usually old men (I call them the Wethermen) with one pint of Spitfire lasting them all night.

Places like All Bar One, Pitcher and Piano, etc tend to have a slightly better class of girlie. Some middle class girls in England won't ever go to pubs, only wine bars.

fender85

Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread has been pretty informative so far. Basically when I come to England I just have to show off my American (and southern, at that) accent and i'll be pulling in. Hell I even have an English last name, so perhaps they won't think I'm just a "dodgy foreigner."

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno, fender. They like American accents (I've been to and played in the UK), but I'm not sure they'd like a complete hill-billy accent. I could be wrong.

fender85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny . . . ;) I'm not actually From Wilkesboro (AKA the moonshine capital of the world), I'm from a rather large city in South Carolina, so even though I have a SLIGHT southern accent, it's not NASCAR or anything

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry Fender. The Brits are now very americanised and will like any kind of US accent.

Anyway they have never really regarded the Americans as foreign - that goes for British commonwealth people as well (Aussies, Canadians, South African etc).

To be a dodgy foreigner means being a lecherous Greek, Albanian, Arab, etc - you know, a swarthy type. These are the ones that seem to practice cold approaches in London the most.

fender85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, one other thing. Do you guys still like us? It seems like every other country wants to drag us through the streets and burn our bodies, so I want to make sure that when I go to England I can actually say that I'm American without having to worry about looking over my shoulder.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fender, it's not that bad here. Most people you meet still like the Americans.

However, some of the university educated, liberal/left types have now gone very anti-American, although they claim to be just 'Anti-Bush'. What they hate most of all though is the kind of redneck types, not so much educated Americans.

Some of the arabs and muslims in built up areas like London and Bradford might be anti-American, but I've not experienced this first hand.

Heartmaster

Reaction score
American guys, come to England, you'll be loved here by our women. Naturally it helps if you know your game, but just having a genuine American accent will help you a bunch.

As to where to go... depends on which part of England you're visiting. In the summer (are we there yet?) in London you can try out Covent Garden... plenty of women milling around, with all the street entertainers. The Tube (the London Underground) is also a mad place during the summer. Just break the stupid taboo about not speaking to people on trains... as an American you might be well received by some giggly English girls :)

In the evening, we have some great bars and clubs. My favourite in London is actually... gah, I've forgotten the name of it!... but it's in Piccaddilly Circus. It has 4 floors and it's often full of hot women.

(Unfortunately, I'm not from London, so I don't have a chance to go to this particular club that often.)

As for approaching women in clubs, it's easy if you don't use a typical AFC approach. I will often bust straight into a group of 2 or 3 girls, say something like... "Hey guys..." and then I get their opinion about something. The best subjects to get into a convo with a group of clubby girls is relationships/male vs female stuff/personal stuff (about you).

For example, I often ask them about my hair... "Hey guys... I'm thinking of having my hair coloured completely blonde... could I get away with it?", then you could start teasing them, C&F etc.

I don't recommend doing standard stuff like, "You look beautiful" or "What do you do?" etc etc. Girls have heard this stuff a million times. BE ORIGINAL... in a club, at least. When they ask me what I do, I never tell them what I do, but I play around, saying I'm a priest, a trapeze artist, etc. You can have some great fun when they ask you that question :)

Also, don't worry if you get blown off by some girls in clubs. Don't take it personally. Club girls often have their ***** shields on to the max. If one particular girl in the group isn't falling for your opener, just neg her with something like, "You've got a little something on the side of your nose". The frame changes pretty quickly after that :) But, in the end, if they want to carry on acting like b*tches, then move on to another group of girls. England is full of girls :)

Heartmaster
AT spymac DOT com

SuperFlex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuperFlex
A hb8 walked passed, i got EC and a smile.

Sent her a text message today but no reply, yet, hope i get one soon.

Went out last night also (Thursday). As it's students night at a local club (can wear whatever the **** you want).

However my friend who's only 17 didn't get in so we went to a bar around the corner and got slaughtered. The bar was full of older girls (20+) so we stood out loads. I did 2 approaches.

First one i saw a hb7 on the dance floor so i walked up to her and said:

Me: Would you ever go out with a guy who lives in a tent?
Her: No!
Me: What if it was a really cool tent, with like a big tv and a fridge, and a king sized bed?
Her: I doubt it.
Me: Shallow.

Then i walked off. I could have stayed longer but she was givin me some nasty facial expressions.

The second one my friend dared me to pull the next girl who came out of the girls toilets. Being successful would mean a drink for me!!

She was about 30, and a 5.

So i went up to her and started a conversation. She said she was 26 which is a blatant lie, which i called her on. And she said she thought i look about 20. Which is also a blatant lie, as i only look about 15 (don't shave yet etc).

In the end i got her number and a peck on the lips. By then the bar had closed so i didn't get my drink.

I find in bars and clubs it's very easy to approach and to start a conversation and get some rapport goin' with a girl.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this and have concluded that there are some really important differences between 'the game' in the US and the UK.

I think non-US threads might even benefit from a separate area.

To sum up, here's the differences I've noted:

1. Cold approaches are almost unknown. Casual pick ups revolve around being drunk in clubs and pubs.

2. Casual dating is not as familiar. In fact some UK women seem to have a certain resistance to the idea and prefer the thought that things 'just happen'. This is especially true if you look at dating websites, a lot of women will say things like 'I can't believe I'm doing this' etc.

3. UK women are more cynical and less open to smooth talking or NLP techniques etc. Most would laugh at that sort of thing.

4. Many UK women go through a pattern of 2-3 LTRs with AFCs until they are in their late 20s/early 30s when they go mental and date everyone in sight in the search for Mr Right.

5. LJBF is not considered by many UK women to be a blow out - they seem to be perfectly happy to be friends with men even if they have a bf - I think this is because so many AFCs have been conditioned by feminism to not be 'a threat' to women.

Any more thoughts?