Boot Camp week 1 (Response thread)

farlenrejorano

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 - Day 3

Amazing! Today I got 35 Hi's and finished my first week with 52! :D

I woke up late and was too lazy to sarge in the morning, so I decided to go in the afternoon. I was starting to get annoyed by walking for about 2 hours and getting back with 10 Hi's or so. Then I went determined to finish it today (still had tomorrow if I wanted to, but got to do it all today). Started to care less about the EC when there were only me and another person close. Just said "Afternoon!" and waited to see if they would answer.

As the main goal of the Week 1 is to develop confidence by saying Hi to strangers, I did count the times when I got ignored, but said it with confidence. By the way, I got ignored a lot today. Many people just looked to me, probably thinking "Are you crazy?" but I didn't care. Walked the entire avenue twice and when I sit on a bench to rest, I had gotten more Hi's today than ever. When I reached 46, my legs were tired and I decided to go back home. By that point, I knew I could get the missing Hi's in the way. And when I arrived home, I had already got 52 Hi's. I was amazed!

So let's analize the first lesson:

- It's very hard to begin the exercise. In the first day, I played hard to get 6 Hi's with about 2 hours of practicing. But in the following days, you start to get more relaxed and to don't give a fvck to people ignoring you and what could they think.

- I feel very good now. I know things will never get easy until I get to the end of the training, but it's awesome to finish a lesson.

- Besides I am still not familiar to greet anyone in any situation (the situations in which we force to say Hi just to complete the exercise), I am now much more confortable with saying Hi to people when it comes to situations that it wouldn't be so awkward like queue lines or stationary people on the street like vigilants.

Well, I still got a day to rest in the first week, but tomorrow I'm going to a party so I'm gonna try a conversation with a stranger. I don't believe there will be many pretty girls, the people there will be most my dad's friends and he says there aren't cute girls in his work. But it's a great opportunity to talk to anyone I don't know.

That's it! Mission succesfull! :rockon:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week1 Day 1 (fri)

Started my day off with my morning walk, said hello to about 10 people. Felt ok, mostly old people.

Throughout the day I said hello to about 30 more people, so todays total 40 people. Two people I flaked on:

One girl sitting in a mall food court table waiting for her food, I told myself I would sit at the table next to her, turn and say "good afternoon" then mind my own business. I talked myself out of it by the time I sat down.
some thoughts I noticed:

"she looks busy"
"she looks upset"
"she doesn't want to be bothered"

Second flake was a lady on a bicycle at a light I was stopped at (on a bike as well). I looked over at her, realized she was pretty hot, then chickened out. Noticed thoughts:
"she would think I'm strange for waiting to say hello"
"busy, doesn't want to be bothered, etc"

Otherwise, 40 down 10 to go. I will make the last 10 8's and above.

As far as the EC exercise, I did the first hour today, making EC with several people (at least this is easy for me). One lady was strolling with her mom opposite me, and when our eyes met I gave her a nice warm smile, then a few minutes later I noticed they had turned around and were covertly following me.

I'm gonna hold off on number closing until the appropriate week.

taiyuu otoko

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
week1day2(sat)

got 21 more Hi's today. I was out walking, and one girl was coming up behind me, had a real scowl on her face. When I said good morning, her scowl turned into a really pleasent and attractive smile. Another girl (about 15) was walking with her umbrella, and covered her face with it as we got closer, again, when I said "good morning" with a cheery smile she lowered the umbrella and showed a real cute smile and reply. So you never know what beauty might be hiding underneath waiting to be opened. Of course, I'm getting my share of "who the fukk are you?!" type of expressions, but they are quickly having less and less effect on me.

Got one more hour of EC today.

Taiyuu Otoko

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week1day3(sun)

got bunch more Hi's (or rather, konnichi wa's) today. This is getting to be natural. One really cute girl was walking opposite side of the street, talking on her cell phone, and shouted out an Ohayo! (good morning). She responded immediately, in the middle of her phone convo, gave me a nice long bright boner producing smile.

spent my hour of EC + smiles in a local dept store, most girls looked away rather quickly, a few older ones held EC and returned the smile.

Locked eyes with another HB8 (20 at most) and she gave me a NICE toothy smile as she walked by (I was sitting at a table).

Seing as how I'm finished with the drills and reading for week 1, I'll start week 2 early (convos with old ladies and such) but continue throwing out ohayo's and konichi wa's and EC's and smiles whenever.

so far my HI's are up to around 70, or 80, I lost count.

Taiyuu Otoko

dcastillus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I need help with the first excercise

I started bootcamp on Sunday 2/10, and I am finding it very difficult to say hi to strangers, I can kind of make eye contact but as soon as I am close enough to say hi I freeze.

I've read a lot of encouraging posts from the experts on this site as well as the articles on the bootcamp training, they're really enthusiastic but I am not sure what it is. I attribute most of it to the fact that I am pretty short, 5'5", but I am sure that's a lame excuse. I was wondering if anyone else had as much trouble as I am having and if so how they overcame it. I have yet to hit a mall for an hour or so, I'll post the results of that outing as soon as I do it. I'd greatly appreciate any advice and good luck to all you future DJs. Keep up the good work taiyuu_otoko!

dcastillus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did it!

week 1 day 3 of bootcamp

I was finally able to say hi to a stranger and a cute girl at that, I just remembered what most of the master DJs have said and other stuff about how I'll be an old man some day, etc. She was descending the stairs at one of my junior colleges and I just said hi, she smiled back and that was it.

I also said what's up to some guy listening to his head phones, he acknowledged as well.

Additionally, I've said hi to 5 other people on day 1 but I am not sure if it counts because 4 out of the 5 were the people who worked at the car wash, one though was a guy at the 99 cents store.

As far as eye contact is concerned I think I am doing ok with that.

Stay tuned....

dcastillus

Don Juan
Reaction score
End of week 1

Well I didn't quite meet the quota, I finished the first week saying hi to 14 out of the 50 people. I went to the mall yesterday and made eye contact with a lot of people, at the end of the week I think I was able to make eye contact with about 70 people, but saying hi for some reason was a big obstacle.

I am going to keep trying as I go on to week 2. It may take me longer than the average guy to become a DJ, but I am going to do my best and before even trying to become a DJ I have to get my manhood back! :box:

jp98502

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I went to the mall for awhile and ive never seen the place so dead. But I managed to say hi to at least 10 girls and made good eye contact. Some smiled I smiled back. I tried to talk to 1 without any success.
her>(works at store)hello how are you today?
me>Im doin good and you?
her>pretty good
me>is it always this slow in here?
her>pretty much this time on thursdays
me>(smiled like hmm) then nothin
I had nothin. A loss for words, I just continued on.
O well, at least I feel I accomplished part of my mission.

jp98502

Don Juan
Reaction score
The last post I put in the wrong place, so I copyed it and pasted it here. That was actually thursday.

Today I went to the mall again,alot more ppl there this time. I prolly sayed hi to at least 20 ppl this time.I had a short convo with this girl at clothing store.She was trying to sell me on this hat cleaning stuff. She asked if she could see my hat i gave it to here and she sprayed it with some crap! New hat! It didnt stain it too bad it was on the bottom of bill so I didnt mind but it smelled real bad all day. I say this hb9+ reading a book at another store and I felt kinda nervous with this one. But I remembered the lessons on risk and I had to go up to her. I sayed hello kinda loudly, she said hi how are you, I said good how are you doin -fine.
And again I couldnt think of more to say until later- I could have asked her about the book or something. but at least its a start. total count:30+ hi's and lots of ec over 3 days.

P.S. Hello felow djs- Its good to share these experinces with you guys and read about yours at same time. Its encouraging to know you guys are out there doing the same things.
Taiyuu Otoko- its seems like you live in a very busy place ur deffinatly doing better than I am lol.

dcastillus

Don Juan
Reaction score
How'd you do it

Hey jp98502,

you were more successful in a couple of days than I was in a whole week, do you have any advice on how you were able to say hi without freezing? I keep pressuring myself to say hi and then I freeze. Good job and keep up the great work!:up:

jp98502

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dcastillus nice to meet you. Um I found that reading parts from the bible gets me pumped up right before I go out. I find myself getting nervous too and I just try to remember the stuff and take a deep breath. Then I just spit it out i guess. I spent probly 4 hours at mall just wandering around lokking at clothes even tho Im broke right now lol. Youll get there, just keep reading for inspiration. I still need to get over being nervous.

jp98502

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you read:Don Juan Bible Introduction by KillaPeteHog
Its one of the most inspirational books ive ever read. Those traps really get you thinking.
So you going to week 2 ? I gotta go on a bussiness trip for 3 or 4 days on monday so I wont start week 2 till thursday i think.

Last edited:

dcastillus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Likewise jp98502,

Thanks for the advice, I guess I should have spent more time at the mall as well, I only spent a little over an hour :down: You're right about reading the inspirational parts, especially the part about getting old and wishing you did this when you were young. I'll definitely try that next time

I am actually gonna read the Bible by KillaPeteHog first b/c it seems as though I have to do some self-improvement at the moment before going through with boot camp, but maybe I'll try to do both.

I am almost done with week 2 and I've only had conversations with 3 people, real brief though. They were students I met on a pharmacy school interview this past week, I still want to work on those hi's b/c that seems like the key to getting over rejection and gaining confidence.

Good luck on week 2 and your business trip , that sounds like an opportune time to practice week 2 as well :D

markjstc

Reaction score
4 months ago i wudnt have even dared looking at a gal, and making her notice that i am lookin at her..

but my WHOLE LIFE CHANGED after i read an article(JERK vs nice guy) written by the POOK.man that guy ROCKS. now i really dont giv a **** whether i get blown off by a gal, thanks to POOK.if i ever start makin excuses not to approach a GIRL i think "what the hell,who cares,besudes i am a JERK". you myt think its crazy but you know what?it works like magic.

altho i dont find it hard most of the times to approach gals i find it hard to be natural with gals,(i did show some interest sometimes,scored and got rejected).i just spproach,make small,insignificant talk and wuss out most of the times.

but then i got this book few days bak and just started my first week 3 dyas ago.

i dont have any problem whatsoever in makin eye contact and sayin hi thanks to my new attitude,but IRONICALLY what i find hard is to say Hi and just stop after makin eye contact. i just wanna talk.abt anythin.
but i dont wanna skip any exersise as it is warned.

so for the last 2 days i made eye contact with 5 stangers, and the ones i failed to make eye contact with, i just went close sed hi and started talkin to them. so i spoke to 9 strangers(5 gals) and even got a email.

ps; i am not skippin any exercise for MY OWN SAKE, but i find it hard not to talk and do a number close wen i get a chance.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

jp98502

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey markjstc welcome to boot camp!

I dont think I really have a right to comment on what to do with the lessons. I just try to do the steps as closly as possible. Maybe week 1 is about controlling yourself and keeping simple? But I think the lesson is primaraly to boost confidence and be comfortable engaging ppl, and saying hi is the first step. Me- I would go as far as I could go with it. I doubt the lesson says anything about turning down a number close! But dont listen to me as I am just a student. Sounds like youll have no problem with week 2. :up:

okay I thought about it alittle more-say you did get a number, and even a date. It might then compromise your boot camp because then you would be catapulted to lesson 5 for instance? So I am not sure.

armstrong

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm starting Week One and I'm wondering if days you work and can't get out among strangers count. Because I'm very friendly at work and this is not a challenge to me. In fact, several of the females there have pointed out how I'm more friendly than most that work there.

It's just hard to get out among new people when you work all week. All I have are the weekends. I tell you what though, I'll try to do it more at the gym and if I stop someplace after work. It's something after all, although it may not get me to 50 a day.

armstrong

Don Juan
Reaction score
jp98502 said:
Hey armstrong welcome-

I thought it was 50 a week?
50 a week it is then! lol

This makes it a lot easier to follow through with!

dcastillus

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, you guys are bad a$$

Good job markjstc :up: you're accelerating beyond the weeks it suggests, that's great motivation for my a$$ but maybe jp98502 is right I guess you have to take it by the weekly schedule or something might happen that you weren't prepped for, but it seems like what you're doing works.

I know how you feel armstrong it's hard to get to 50 peeps in one week when you have a busy schedule but I am sure you can find out some way to squeeze in one day when you can do it, I try the gym also, follow the advice of jp98502 and markjstc, they're on the right track, and i am gonna try to learn from you guys

markjstc

Reaction score
hey guys PLEASE READ THIS

goos lord i didnt skip the 1st week and just started the lesson number 2.altho i dont have a problem approachin gals and talkin to them, there is always an initial hesitation which acts negatively wen i approach a gal(finally) and start talkin to them.

but since i was smart enuf to listen to nicholas hill and dcastillus, i was doin it anyway. and good lord i did.cus i just found a MAGIC(non sexual) approach to any gal. that is simply

"hey GOOD MORNING or good evenin etc"

simple as that................................................

you guys myt think its lame, but dont tell me that i didnt tell you.