Boot Camp week 1 (Response thread)

Estate

Reaction score
Hi fellow DJ-recruits,

My Nickname is >the Italian word for summer< although i´m a student from Germany.
I will start #week one´s exercise tomorrow, excited already!
To get committed i post already now and then in a few days with my results.

Ci vediamo...

Estate

Reaction score
Okay, i greeted 37 people mainly on the street so far.
The beginning was a bit hard, it made me nervous to speak to strangers even if it was only a Hi or "good day". But after a few greeting it went off my tongue more and more easy!
Sometimes i greeted not loud enough so i had (and still have) to constantly remind myself to speak loud and clearly to those strangers. A lot of stuff to this has already been posted..

I also need to remind myself to the eyecontact thing which is easy to do, although i was one of those guys who had avoided eye contact way to often. but still i need to keep up with this - it should be the usual not just a one week-thing.

So both of the exercises really helped me to built up confindence and it really is a self fullfilling profecy, because as soon as you act self conscious, you feel self conscious. But i realize that these are the easy exercises, the tough stuff is still coming up :)

i will go for the full 50, but only post again if i find it necessary about this exercise

BazookaJoe

Reaction score
Bootcamp week 1

Hey what's up guys!
I'm Timo from Bremen, Germany, and I'm starting my bootcamp today.

Like many guys, I've read / watched a lot of pick up material before (David D. Angelo especially), completely agreed to his stuff and put all the knowledge in my head - And then never actually went out and did anything. With David's words, "all theory, no execution". Sound familiar?

Then I got into my current relationship (which started as a ONS with the girl walking up to ME, duh) and stopped being concerned about this altogether.
Until recently I'm realising more and more that I am not happy with this girl and only picked this relationship out of convenience. What's more, I realise that this is not the first time I act like this, and it feels like my life has been going on auto-pilot for the last years, always picking the easiest way. Or maybe I'm just lacking proper-size cojones?
Anyways I am fcuking fed up with this.

So this is it, I've decided to take the steering wheel into my own hands and become the kind of person I want to be, a person making his own decisions and deciding where his life is going. For the next weeks, as far as possible I'm gonna put this bootcamp before anything else (besides work - being a hobo apparently lowers your hot-chick-quota). Also I'm gonna try to post my updates on a daily basis so I'm able to see how much I su... eh how I rise from your average chump to whatever godlike existence waits 8 weeks ahead.

Keep you posted ;)
Greetz!

### DAY 1 ###
Went into town for like 1,5 hours yesterday. Eye contact went from not possible to pretty OK within that time, but holy cow do I need exercise. We northern germans do have a reputation of being kinda stiff / undercooled until we know a person, which is definitely not just a saying. If ppl give me a glimpse and see I'm looking directly at them they seem to hurry to look the other way. Maybe I just look intimitading haha. Also couldn't bring myself to utter any 'hi's' yesterday, but okay, 6 more days to learn this.
Interestingly enough I had some ppl (like 5) give me directions instead and found two things:
- It's a lot easier to have some kind of reason (ie directions) to speak to ppl (wow, really?)
- As soon as I start talking to ppl they look totally irritated, but immediately become friendly afterwards, open body language and willing to help. One guy told me the way like 3 times and wouldn't shut up for like 5 minutes haha.
Gotta go out today again and see if I can get out my first hi's.

### DAY 2 ###
Gotta admit, no hi's yesterday too. EC is getting better though I have a long long way ahead of me. Also I've been a bit half-assed yesterday due to being invited to a party and having a bit of time-pressure. Noticed several girls looking at me and sometimes iinterested/smiling, not sure.
TBH I'm pretty shocked at myself right now. As the odds are girls weren't just looking at me for the first time yesterday evening, I must have been avoiding EC so much in the past that I didn't notice this for, like, ever. Guess I have more serious confidence problems to sort out than I thought.
Lessons for today:
-Talking with ANY stranger about ANYTHING boosts confidence up to exactly 783,5%.
-Girls actually CAN smile AND look at me. At the same time!
-Gotta seek EC at every possible situation and go out to town every day if possible. No slacking off.
Going to town today again, but not for long because it's gym and clubbing time today.

No matter how long your journey is, the only thing that is important about it is the step you take at this moment

Last edited:

BazookaJoe

Reaction score
Days 3 + 4

Word of advise: Don't buy rats. Mine have a habit of walking over my keyboard and deleting my posts before I can send them :box:

Okay, again:
Day 3, didn't have time to go to town because I went right to the gym. Lots of EC but didn't get/see any IOIs . But I'm getting better at establishing/keeping it. Some hi's and minor smalltalk though those don't count in the gym.
Went clubbing with my mates in the evening. Received some definite IOIs from some girls on the dancefloor (smiling, one girl slightly poked me several times and grinned), which is pretty amazing !! Maybe my body language is changing/getting more open? My confidence has definitely risen a lot those past few days.
Gotta admit I didn't have the balls to start convo with any of these girls though.
Started chats with 2 dudes however. Went pretty well (not in a gay way).
Had some drinks before however, so I won't count these as well because I set a rule to myself to not rely on alcohol in this game.

Day 4: Went to see my family this morning and afterwards hit the town for like 3 hours straight. I think I actually made some progress because I feel EC is no big deal anymore, and I finally !!! got out some hi's!
Pretty cool, though I didn't get responses. Guess I mumbled to much so they didn't realize the hi was meant for them.
No big deal, 3 more days to get this stuff down.

Lessons:
Gotta work on my voice. I need to get the hi's out in a stronger voice to get any reaction. I won't see week 1 as completed until I'm comfortable or at least able to give a hi and get some reaction.

BazookaJoe

Reaction score
Day 5

For some reason I can't edit my posts anymore. :down:

Nothing spectacular happened today, uttered some hi's and got reactions, but none positive yet. Mostly ppl just look irritated.
No problem though, getting a reaction at all is good for now.
Next go tomorrow as I'm engaged in work until late evening.

Blind

Reaction score
Ok. So I stated lest Wednesday but finished early and I see no reason to delay.
Week 1 done without much issue or any real stories to tell. I got around ten hellos with response and eye contact in a day. I didn't count hellos to people who didn't react in some way. Today I must have said hello to thirty people though because at my college we did a "social experiment" which involved "at first me" saying hi to everyone who passed our lounge area. I stop counting once I knew I had my 50.

What you did, correctly and incorrectly.
-I fealt I talked to a wide variety of people and that I was confident and calm about it. Not smooth but not creepy.
What you thought and felt
-I felt good and unworried with this part. Luckily week 1 is totally on you, not other people so it's hard to have low success. Add in a happy appearance and it's pretty easy. I also learned a few place are NOT worth going to to find women. Like the mall was kind of a let down.
How you think you're doing at this point
-Good

JonaStrych

Reaction score
Week 1 Summary

Hi everyone,

today I finished the first week of the DJBC. I started the exercises on day 3 by just going through the streets of my city, trying to establish EC with everyone that passed my way. As I expected, only very few people actually hold the EC. I haven't had any problems with exercise 1 but I should keep working on my smile. Since I'm living in a small village, it's normal to greet people as you walk by. So the first 5 Hi's on day 5 in my neighborhood were pretty easy, until I drove in a bigger city. I felt really awkward there, when greeting everyone that passed my way. Especially with people around my age. Most of them gave me a strange look and didn't even reply. So I started greeting elderly. Some of them replied, others looked confused, an old man even talked to me like 15 minutes while sitting on a bench, just because I greeted him.

Anyway, this wasn't a real challenge either. So I started walking around in the pedestrian zone. It feels much harder, when you are surrounded by more people. I knew that people may have thought I'm a weirdo - so I hesitated and the breaks between the Hi's became longer and longer. It started to rain then and I took it as an excuse to go home. I only said Hi to 15 people that day and I felt quite disappointed in the evening. I spent the next day (day 6/7) by reading about your experiences in this forum. This morning 35 Hi's seemed like a big challenge, considering my disappointing result 2 days before. As always, I started the day with my daily jogging and greeted 6 other athletes passing by. I greeted 4 more people in a mall in the same city I visited on day 5. Just like in the pedestrian zone, it felt more awkward, but I knew that I got to get out of my comfort zone in order to achieve something. :woo: The 3 seconds rule also helps...

25 more Hi's to go! I considered it a good idea in focusing on women around my age for the next 25 Hi's. I walked around the train station and some less crowded streets and greeted every women in my age regardless of her attractiveness until I reached Number 35. It felt easier and easier and I started to develop confidence and a 'What do I give a **** if they reply or not'-attitude. Although some of them did... I was very amused about their 'Who the Hell are you?' - looks :crackup: Later I took the bus to a huge shopping center for the next 10 Hi's. I focused on HB 7-8s this time. I had to grab my balls first to greet attractive women in a more crowded place, but I made fast progress :yes: One thing I really noticed: It helps a lot if you have something in common with the people you are greeting. Example: I walked towards, smiled to and sat beside a HB 8 in the smoking area. It's not a big deal, but it was more naturally to say Hi (fortunately I stopped smoking 2,5 weeks ago and just made a short break there). She also smiled back and greeted me. I should've asked her for her phone number, but I'll ask a lot of other women in the next weeks anyway ;) The last 5 Hi's were a piece of cake and I felt really good after successfully finishing week 1. I know it's a though way to become a DJ but I'm willing to make any effort necessary to make it :box:

so long,
Jona

Icee

Reaction score
Day #1

Unfortunately day 1 was a complete dud.

I went to Wal-mart before work for 30 mins to get tape and knock down a bunch of greetings. I walked around aimlessly for a while just looking around and making eye contact with strangers. It was a little nerving. But my mouth would not open. I managed to say something to only the worker whom I bought tape from, which I consider not a real greeting to stranger. But 1 for the sake. I would look at people but people seem to not look long nor smile. I cant blame people though I got face this head on and say F*** it if anything bad happens or I get rejected.

I am trying remember what I am doing this for. ME. Plus all the haters and people who dont believe in me and left me dangling out here on my own. The only way to become a hub of a decent social network is you have to function entirely on your own otherwise you simply NOT A HUB but a part.

I am jumping on day #2 and I am going somewhere and I will do better.

-Icee

Newspirit

Reaction score
Day 1 BC week 1 / Inspiring Beginning

The first day on the main shopping street. Wow! :up: With the eyecontact making I feel increasing confidence. One blond girl with a man aside stay in eyecontact and I feel super attraction.:yes:

I had a better energy level and a radiation of power.

Wonderful was that I escape from the head and the thoughts and create a presence I never feel before in this context.

Saying "hey" afterwards was not a big success, because also the voice comes in the game. I think I was a little bit quiet. But on friday I will go for my second lesson this week.:kick:

Wooooomanizer

Reaction score
My life...

I started the b/c on thursday. I made some EC and 4 hi´s and it cost me a lot of effort. Today I want to make a minimum of 10 Hi´s and one hour EC. Let see.

It´s Thuesday and I finished the first week. I began to read the week 2. The first week was hard and I had to push myself to do it. It helps to do the three question on the begin.

I do correctly: I look in to the eyes of the person and I go Infront of the person and then I say Hi and the person can´t ignore me. And I also write down what I felt and thought and did correctly and incorecctly. That helped me...

The people in the center of the city are not interested to say Hi but persons in the park or in streets with little hurry are happy to be greated.

I done it and it really works to get connected with people and my anxiety was on the beginning by 10 and now by 2 or 1.

It´s easy when you know what to do.

pluddo

Reaction score
Week 1

hi there,

I started the boot camp last Thursday, so actually I recognized, I am already delayed with that post.

I started the eye-contact-and-hello exercise just after reading the articles in every day life, without the focus on the "do 50 hellos in one hour", just to get an idea of how I will get along with that task.

Actually looking in people's eyes was not a difficulty for me. I think I already did this already automatically, before starting the boot camp and getting into all this. However saying hello to a stranger felt quite strange the first 10-or-so times, no matter to whom, a granny or a HB.
It was much harder for me to motivate myself to go out and get this job done..

Anyway, I first was a bit frustrated that the majority of people here did not even gave me chance to look in their eyes, as they are only looking on the ground, or zombie-like straigth forward, very intensivly trying to not look somewhere else (e.g in someone elses eyes).

I only got a nice feedback from people, when they noticed me, looking in their eyes. Saying hello, to strangers without any eyecontact before, just resulted in a confused look, or a shy, irritated, reflex-like "hello". If the person is obviously not in a good mood, a hello was without any effect. theses poeple probably did not even notice me

Interestingly the "best" response I got from the real HBs (HB 8) (however, I only met 3 HB8, during the 50-hello-task) Eye contact was possible from miles away, They smiled back as soon as I smiled, and they say a very confident-sounding hello. I even had the impression that it was a bit "bad-girl" like - the smile, the hello, and the blink. even if it was only imagination, it was a small ego-boost.

Saying hello to girls in groups was not much more difficult, however, the chance to get eye contact is much smaller.

Besides that, I had the feeling, that wearing glasses is not helpful for eye contact. Maybe because it is harder for other people to identify that I am looking into their eyes, maybe it is just because I am less atractive when wearing glasses ;-). I switched to contact-lenses.
Wearing "uncommon" clothing is also helpful, even if it is just a unusual color of the jacket or trousers. The majority of people wears black or generally dark jackets, and blue jeans or gray-ish trousers here. I got much more attention when I was wearing a white leather jacket and/or green trousers.

jacktheripper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 0:
I wasn't really gonna start the bootcamp today, but I consider today as a warmup.
I took the neighbor's dog for a walk, and came across only middle aged to old people. Said about 12 hellos.
I think this week's challenge is gonna be easy, as I have already did a similar thing a few months ago, and can easily look into peple's eyes and say hi. But I'm gonna trust the process and give my 100% no matter what.

jacktheripper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1:
So, the first official day of BC. I was on campus today, and boy is it much harder to do with people your age. One thing I noticed was that middle aged and old people have no problem holding eye contact and saying hello, and having a brief conversation. But people in their late teens/early 20s... Everyone just walks either starting at their phone or on the ground.

I managed to get 10 hellos, I think just saying hello is weird, so I started with some small talk too like commented about the weather or I met most people in the gym, so commented on their physique etc.
This last person was a HB 8 and she shot me down so bad. She said something like "No, I'm busy... sorry", and I'm not gonna lie, that hurt. This interaction was enough to push me back to my comfort zone and after this, I did not say hello to anyone...

I'll try again tomorrow and in the incoming days...