48 Laws Of Power & The Art Of Seduction

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microphone Fiend said:
im halfway through the book. I find it interesting and at the same time hard to follow. Reading the notes on the side after every page is distracting. Also, his sources are based on some fictional character who was based on some realistic character.Often the things he discusses seems almost identical or contrasting something previously mentioned. For example some of the seducer types seems exactly the same as each other, and some of the rules of seducer type's seductions contrast directly with other seducer type seduction tactics.

Dont get me wrong, Its a book Im going to keep around and finish reading but I think at this point in my life it is a bit over my head. I will reread it when I get older or more time to really focus on the content but it is information overload and I feel as if the book is too much to fathom in one reading.
Stick to it man, and you'll start to put things together.

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
white sox bill said:
Count me in Jayer! I have some questions in each chapter, this would be a good way to discuss them. I'm currently trying to catagorize one of my victims but can't seem to fit her into a certain one. Do you have any problems with this too?
It's pretty easy, but you have to be a good listener and pay attention to small details about people. Pay attention to the stuff she owns, get to know what her childhood was like etc. Kinda like being a shrink. One person can be a variety of victims, but they'll have a main one.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microhpone your comments are a good reason why we should do the book analysis. I agree that some parts are confusing because they seem contradictory. I propose we have a structure to this analysis so that we get the most out of it. Here is what I am proposing and I'll want everyone's feedback so that all participants can agree to how we are going to do this.

Step 1: Get a list of those participating! If you want to participate respond to this thread.

Step 2: Choose a starting date. Once we have a list of those who are going to participate we should choose a date to start this.

Step 3: We will analyze each chapter or section in order according to the book. We will discuss our opinions on his theory and any real world experiences we can add that either support it or contrast it. We will all agree when it is time to move on to the next chapter while agreeing on a time span. In other words if certain participants haven't responded in say 2 weeks, we will move on to the next chapter (as some people dissappear or are unable to log onto the site for a while, I am one of them!)

Lets do this! :rockon:

Who wants in?

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BlackJackal: Yea I never was gonna put it down, but i did stop readin those sidebars. Im in the 2nd section and it is much better. I finished Phase one and Im rereading it before i start phase two (the first impression is the greatest)...Btw, i've been grasping all the material, but for the first section, why keep readin after you have found your seducer type? Especially when it sometimes seems like it is rehashing the same idea with different words. The difference between a Siren and a Coquette or a Natural Lover and a Charmer seems non-existent.

Jayer, I'll gladly participate in the analysis once I have tried some of the stuff out, but I cant really base prior experiences on the lessons in the book because I can convince myself I was doing most of this stuff since I was little but that is just how the human mind works. Once I actually sit down and try the tactics repeatedly I can drop some good feedback. I think you could be focusing your attention more on making the tactics work IRL instead of analyzing it online too.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DA KID said:
Hey I have both books. Tell me which one you want to do chapter to chapter anyaslis with and I'll hit it up with you

Da Kid the more the merrier. Jayer just posted a great idea. Check his thread out. We can all chime in

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
Microhpone your comments are a good reason why we should do the book analysis. I agree that some parts are confusing because they seem contradictory. I propose we have a structure to this analysis so that we get the most out of it. Here is what I am proposing and I'll want everyone's feedback so that all participants can agree to how we are going to do this.

Step 1: Get a list of those participating! If you want to participate respond to this thread.

Step 2: Choose a starting date. Once we have a list of those who are going to participate we should choose a date to start this.

Step 3: We will analyze each chapter or section in order according to the book. We will discuss our opinions on his theory and any real world experiences we can add that either support it or contrast it. We will all agree when it is time to move on to the next chapter while agreeing on a time span. In other words if certain participants haven't responded in say 2 weeks, we will move on to the next chapter (as some people dissappear or are unable to log onto the site for a while, I am one of them!)

Lets do this! :rockon:

Who wants in?
Count me in Jayer

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you follow this book word for word you are a fool.

Human beings are unpredictable creature's and many of the situations talked about in this book could have easily gone 180 degrees in the other direction.

For every action you take there will be a reaction, good or bad make sure you can live with the results.

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microphone Fiend said:
BlackJackal: Yea I never was gonna put it down, but i did stop readin those sidebars. Im in the 2nd section and it is much better. I finished Phase one and Im rereading it before i start phase two (the first impression is the greatest)...Btw, i've been grasping all the material, but for the first section, why keep readin after you have found your seducer type? Especially when it sometimes seems like it is rehashing the same idea with different words. The difference between a Siren and a Coquette or a Natural Lover and a Charmer seems non-existent.

Because you also have to have an idea on the type of seducer you target is. All the types are just an extreme based on your own habits when it comes to seducing in general. A siren can have the habits of a coquette, just as a natural lover can be very charming. So it's not just about titles or picking what kinda person you want to be.

It's about strengthening the best elements of your character. That way your efforts are more natural rather than mechanical.:rock:

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:

Human beings are unpredictable creature's and many of the situations talked about in this book could have easily gone 180 degrees in the other direction.

For every action you take there will be a reaction, good or bad make sure you can live with the results.
Dj is right, dont rely on this book for all the answers. Everything is unpredictable, so focus on having control on yourself rather than the person you're tryin to get on, or the situation as a whole.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BlackJackal said:
Because you also have to have an idea on the type of seducer you target is. All the types are just an extreme based on your own habits when it comes to seducing in general. A siren can have the habits of a coquette, just as a natural lover can be very charming. So it's not just about titles or picking what kinda person you want to be.

It's about strengthening the best elements of your character. That way your efforts are more natural rather than mechanical.:rock:
Alright thanks, Ill keep that in mind when I read it

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so far its definitely me and White Sox Bill

Black Jackal are you in? Microphone I think you should participate. We aren't going to start this for at least a couple of weeks but regardless of your experience just your opinions on things will be worth it. Those of us with more experience can chime in, and I think the effect of the book will be that much better for you when you do try and go out there in the field.

Anyone else want to participate? It should be fun and informative!

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a few chapters into both books, reading them simultaneously. AoS is pure gold. I'll agree these books are a bit more "advanced" and I'd only recommend them after getting basics down like The Game, DYD, parts of DJB, SS articles, etc.

Like someone here said it's not just about the tips but the historical tales. It gives you a better understanding of how seduction is timeless and why some things work regardless of the person, time, or nationality. This is about as entertaining as history lessons have ever been for me.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:

Black Jackal are you in? Microphone I think you should participate. We aren't going to start this for at least a couple of weeks but regardless of your experience just your opinions on things will be worth it. Those of us with more experience can chime in, and I think the effect of the book will be that much better for you when you do try and go out there in the field.

Jayer should we use this thread or start another for discussion? I'm for starting a new one
Bill

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a new thread for the study will be fine. We will keep this thread as the official for the books themselves but use a new one for the book study.

Lets see if we can get a few more volunteers...

Anyone else in for this?

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
obijuan said:
I guess if you want to turn a wh@re into a wife... I honestlyu don't think it's possible. I think you may have misinterpreted or ignored much of what is in that book to get such results. I personally never discuss tactics and strategy with women-- it kills the mood and destroys mystery and anticipation. She cannot hide her true self for long-- it requires too much energy over time; however she can apperently fool the likes of you with the "I've changed, I'm not a wh@re anymore honey." routine. You should get inside the woman's head not let her inside yours. Now she knows everything about you and your lack of game and will exploit it until she finds a real man and kicks you to the curb. Good luck! :rolleyes:
Very good point.

He is for a RUDE awakening. Perhaps not now. Perhaps not next year. Perhaps...not in five years. Hopefully, NOT after two kids and a huge home.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read the book a bit out of order (Art of Seduction) and mainly focused on the "Keys to Power", which gets straight to the point, while sometimes reading the accompanying stories if the point he was making interested me.

To me, the "seducer types" weren't as interesting or educational as reading the different "rules" and especially the chapter about the "anti-seducer".

A lot of the laws ARE contradictory, so you have to pick and choose which laws you think will be of most benefit to you from a standpoint of playing on your strengths and eliminating your weaknesses.

If you're pressed for time, I'd recommend paying more attention to the general rules and the "Keys To Power" than the seducer types or the different types of "victims." If you're looking to do an extended seduction, that stuff may help, but for most guys' purposes (getting good with women IN GENERAL), the other stuff is a bit more useful.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an idea....

1. Only cover one chapter a week so that it isn't 30 threads with one reply in them...
2. Posting the Chapter reviews in the "Unusual Techniques in Seduction" Forum so that they will all be together and organized?

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage

It's called psychology. People are unpredictable on a small scale, but as time would tell, we are creatures of habit and creatures of patterns.

-------

Count me in for the Chapter analysis thing.

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:

I can try to add on info every now and then, sure.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion...if you are using either book SOLELY to get "women"...then you are wasting my time. Fact is...some of the things taught in those kind of books is to apply in life in general.

All that said..."manipulation" skills are NOT a good thing to learn. Rather learn how to "influence" people.

Another thing...IMO, the younger you are...the "less applicable" either book is too you.