48 Laws Of Power & The Art Of Seduction

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so that means you are in Latinoman!

Dont worry none us are going to take this book literally. We want to see what we can get out of it as opposed to what is irrelevent.

Anymore?

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The laws are a rather shrewd way of dealing with people, but if you're a chronic nice guy or dealing with oneitis than it's a hell of an experience to apply in self-growth. You can see how I applied the 48laws in a few pages back on this thread...

I agree with Latinoman, the book won't really make a whole lot of sense if you haven't matured or experienced much of the real world yet, but if you have than you can view your experience with greater wisdom/intuition of other people's motives.

Count me in the study.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
Ok so that means you are in Latinoman!

Dont worry none us are going to take this book literally. We want to see what we can get out of it as opposed to what is irrelevent.

Anymore?
I'm going to order both books. No doubt. As I was reading (in a book store) a little bit of both and I like what I saw.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
callmemister said:
could you please,explain the difference.

thank you

alex
Manipulation vs. Influence.

This is my personal definition. When you manipulate somebody…you are cunningly trying to get somebody to do something that he/she might not do under more straight forward circumstances.

However, when you “influence” a person. You are actually convincing that person that doing something to you is of the best interest to him or the team or society or his family or etc.

With one you have to be in a way deceitful and we the other you are straight forward.

Anyone can get somebody to do something if you b.s. (manipulate) your way into that. But, it takes true skills, command of respect (e.g. getting others to respect you), great reputation, and leadership (e.g. alpha maleness) to influence somebody into doing something for you on his/her own accord.

Now…I admit that some level of “manipulation” is sometimes necessary in life in order to deal with difficult people and even to have full control of our environment.

However, relying solely on manipulation is a sure recipe into becoming a con man.

Jim Jones (sect leader in Guyana that manipulated thousands into drinking cyanide) was a manipulator. Muhammad Gandhi was an influencer.

People like Clinton, Reagan, Roosevelt, Kennedy, Truman, Churchill, etc. were leaders that influenced but had a little manipulation skills too (as everybody should), as all of them had to deal with difficult people.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
All that said..."manipulation" skills are NOT a good thing to learn. Rather learn how to "influence" people.
I think there is no real differences just that the former has negative connotations...but based on the definition you gave I think that seduction falls somewhere in the middle of the two

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just purchased the 33 Strategies of War. The book might help in this category as well.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok roll call:

Jayer (me)
White Sox Bill
Microphone Fiend
Black Jackal
Latinoman

Anyone else? I want to make sure we get everyone before we start this. I tihnk we will all learn a lot from this.

SkillzthatKillz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll join, i have the 48 Laws of Power, but haven't had time to read it till now. Looks like a good read. Count me in.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
Ok roll call:

Jayer (me)
White Sox Bill
Microphone Fiend
Black Jackal
Latinoman

Anyone else? I want to make sure we get everyone before we start this. I tihnk we will all learn a lot from this.

Oh just great...looks like I represent the geriatric group!!:) Hope I can stay awake for all of this!:cheer:

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what section is this going in? Or is staying in the Anything Else forum?

Reaction score
Guys, if you enjoyed The Art of Seduction, and importantly if you were able to comprehend the material and grasp the underlying principles of seduction, I would recommend that you get hold of the primary sources that Rob Greene was influenced by. For example:

The Seducers Diary by Soren Kierkgaard
The Tale of Genji by Lady Murasaki
The letters of Ninon De Lenclos, which can be read here: http://aelliott.com/reading/ninon/letters_mds/index.htm

He cites a wide variety of different sources throughout the text and reading these will give you an even greater appreciation of the art of seduction.

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
March 1 sounds good. I'll help as much as I have time. And I'll imply insight from all 3 books as long as it's relevant.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BlackJackal said:
March 1 sounds good. I'll help as much as I have time. And I'll imply insight from all 3 books as long as it's relevant.
How do you Greene's newest? Can a lot of it be applied to women?

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
white sox bill said:
How do you Greene's newest? Can a lot of it be applied to women?
Actually it can, if not, better than the Art of Seduction. But then again, you can apply warfare to life as a whole, hence my sig.:cool: But I'm helping for the sake of thinking beyond women, but it will apply. Speaking of which, there are plenty of women reading these books as well. Fine ones too..lol.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey I know I havent posted in a while my life has been a little hectic. Im actually goin on vacation for about a month to europe but I can definitely start after i get back. I know u all wanted to start March 1st.. maybe if we wait a little longer and bump up the thread we can get some more involved. I apologize for this but when i come back im going to have a lot better presepctive.