48 Laws Of Power & The Art Of Seduction

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
33 Strategies of War is also very very good (although I am not done with it yet)

its more about direct confrontations/conquests, which is actually great if you apply it to business, DJ strategy, personal ****, etc. In any case, its another classic by the author, I love this guy. He has a truly rare abilty to synthesize knowledge into something cohesive and useful.

Anyway, 33 is a good prequel to 48, you use 33 to conquer and build, and 48 to rule and keep. Good sh!t.

Vandermast

Don Juan
Reaction score
Their is actually a 49 law of power that is not released for the reasons of scarcity. Every book has not mentioned and is only released in certain books. That secret final law of power is... Chuck Norris

I'm sorry... I really could not resist!

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The books are crap in my opinion. Whole lot about putting Power on it's pedastal in place of really being about people. Pretty shallow lifestyle IMO.

On top of that, if manipulating people is your thing, good luck on finishing a book(s) that rival the page count of a phonebook directory.

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Jayer said:
any more examples?

have you read the books?

The Art of Seduction should be obvious but relating the 48 laws towards your relationship and example is using absense. Everyone knows that if you stick around too much people get tired, annoyed and disenchanted with you. They may not say it but they do. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Another one is disdain the things you cannot have, ignoring them is the best revenge....this can be applied to people with oneitis who constantly drool over an exlover or whatever that pays them no mind.

And for the other poster - its not just about manipulating people but reading their intentions and learning to deal with the people and situations you deal with in everyday society. This isnt heaven. Ive worked at places where people were constantly trying to undermine others while smiling in their face.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seldomseen you are right....

I've read 48 but not AOS

I was hesitant on AOS because I've heard people say its more of a history lesson and a lot of AFC stuff in there as opposed to a good guide of picking up women.

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Jayer said:
Seldomseen you are right....

I've read 48 but not AOS

I was hesitant on AOS because I've heard people say its more of a history lesson and a lot of AFC stuff in there as opposed to a good guide of picking up women.

thats because those guys misunderstand what seduction is all about. AOS is gold! It was the first book I read and I seduced alot of women after applying it because there are so many strategies to apply and you can pick and choose which ones are congruent with your personality. AOS does not make you AFC. In fact there a section about inflicting pain and how it bonds a human to you more than being nice and giving gifts. "you have more to fear by boring your target than by angering them" Greene says. Read the book, absorb it...learn from it. Its rich with ideas.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
Thanks I think I will.

How is the 33 startegies of war, Greene's new book?
Don't know, will buy sooner or later, but heres linky for review:
http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Search/QuickSearchProc/1,,Author_1000038310,00.html

I have both Greenes Art of Seduction and 48 Laws, both great reads. I find comfort in these books as I clumsily (at times) clod my way thru the DJ lifestyle, bangin ho's and the not-so-educated. These books are an intellectual look at life in its darkest form. I remember receiving 48 Laws for Christmas from my then GF's mother. Her comment was along the lines of "You can end up in hell for applying some of these things" she meant it jokingly.

One question : What does Greene mean when he writes the "Reversal" for each chapter?

Last edited:

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reversal just means he is talking about what are the negative/opposite effects the strategy can have.

I have read some AOS so far, the Rake, and the Ideal Lover. THe thing is that it seems like all these figures give a female a lot of attention.... well maybe not the rake but even he does when he is with the women. Is this too AFC?

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got done on reading the section on using surprise.

It seems a little contradictory though.

On one hand he is saying that showing up where a girl is unexpectidly will cloud her judgement as to it being a planned action. But on the other hand he says that being spontaneous is not a desireable trait and that women appreciate planned actions for the effort behind them.

Can someone who has read this book please explain this?

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:

On one hand he is saying that showing up where a girl is unexpectidly will cloud her judgement as to it being a planned action. But on the other hand he says that being spontaneous is not a desireable trait and that women appreciate planned actions for the effort behind them.

I have just started reading the 48 laws of power, got about up to the 6th law so far and its totally money. Can really relate the laws, to stuff on here and the rest of life. I'll write more when i finish it

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:

Which laws are these so i can have a quick read?