2nd annual approach anxiety competition

roman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update on the number close

I called hb9 about 3 hours ago, no answer, i didn't leave voicemail. Got a text an hour later "sorry at work now will text you when i finish" Fingers crossed heheh. If she doesn't call what's the best course of action?

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^ You call her again.

Don't get caught up in that texting game. If she text you I'd suggest you don't respond. Just call her in a day or two. Chop up game and tell her when you and her are going to meet up.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Official list of praticipants:

AAAgent
Black Jesus
Btownbuck2012
Donjuanit0
TheMusic
Roman81
I'm in the mood
Packers2010
3countriesplan
Badboyjmm
dandelion
TheConductor
Sandman
Martini92
Sofomore
Archway
Iwanttofight
Rubato
YoungRocketship
Whitebelt
Sidd10001110101
---------------------

Keep up with your approaches this week guys. You must complete your objective by next Sunday!
We are doing double elimination aka two strike rule. You fail to complete your objectives twice and you are eliminated. Good luck guys.

Reaction score
I don't usually visit the forums but I did today and saw this thread. I've been doing the bootcamp on my own while I've been back from college (currently been trying to complete the tasks of the second week). I was wondering even though you said signups were closed if I could join a bit late? I saw you posted a few hours ago. If not it's cool I'll just do the tasks on my own, but a little friendly competition pushes everyone to do better, you know? Thanks!

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah.. i really need to get on that bootcamp. spent another day playing ps3 again!

but tomorrow will be different going to wake up early and get a head start on everything!

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gray The Prince said:
Official list of praticipants:

AAAgent
Black Jesus
Btownbuck2012
Donjuanit0
TheMusic
Roman81
I'm in the mood
Packers2010
3countriesplan
Badboyjmm
dandelion
TheConductor
Sandman
Martini92
Sofomore
Archway
Iwanttofight
Rubato
YoungRocketship
Whitebelt
Sidd10001110101
---------------------

Keep up with your approaches this week guys. You must complete your objective by next Sunday!
We are doing double elimination aka two strike rule. You fail to complete your objectives twice and you are eliminated. Good luck guys.
Twenty one men entered this battle. Some will succeed, some will quit, some will fall and get back up, some will cling to their fear, but only three will be standing in the end. Where will you end up? Do what you have to do now and make no excuses.

roman81 said:
Thanks for putting this up and bringing it to our attention, this is essential reading for every one with AA.
You are welcome. Thanks for checking out the posts. Feel free to PM the coach of your choice if you get hit a bump on the road, guys. (Gray The Prince, PrettyboyAJ, Deicide, and yours truly, Robyn923b).

Packers2010 said:
yeah.. i really need to get on that bootcamp. spent another day playing ps3 again! but tomorrow will be different going to wake up early and get a head start on everything!
Think we don't read all replies? You have just volunteered to take action in your own life and shared it with dozens of other men on the Internet. You compromised and we will feel we lost respect and credibility for Packers2010 should he return with his head down and excuses to hand over for not approaching. Or will you return with your head up and type up inspiration for other men through your success? We aren't looking for perfect game. We are looking for you all to learn. Because your rep is something you earn. So go get them, now :cool:

You are in a battle against your own inner monster: anxiety. Here is some motivation: Video

Last edited:

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thesicilianprince said:
I don't usually visit the forums but I did today and saw this thread. I've been doing the bootcamp on my own while I've been back from college (currently been trying to complete the tasks of the second week). I was wondering even though you said signups were closed if I could join a bit late? I saw you posted a few hours ago. If not it's cool I'll just do the tasks on my own, but a little friendly competition pushes everyone to do better, you know? Thanks!

Bro, I wish you woulda commented earlier and I could've squeezed you in, but if I make an exception for you then, I'll have to make it for everybody else.

However, I'll cut you a deal. You can go ahead and do these tasks ayway and post your results. We shall still give you advice if asked for and you can still technically compete but even if you are the last man standing, you won't be an eligible winner.

If you're American and into college football, then consider yourself USC.

roman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update on the number close

No text the night before, got a missed call this morning from her (about 4 hours ago), i called her a few minutes ago, and had a quick chat, to be fair i felt really panicky so i kept the convo light, asked if she had got enough beauty sleep and if she had enough energy to keep up with me (was a bit stuck as how to tease at this point), she ask me if i missed her after she left the other night, i said "i absolutely missed you, what was your name again?"
Then i asked her out for a coffee, she said that she was gonna check her schedule and let me know and that's how we ended it.

Your thoughts are welcome

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You blew it by admitting you missed her. Bam, she knows she has you hooked. Learn from this and move on.

whitebelt

Reaction score
Alright, Monday report:

- As I'm preparing to leave the office I see HB7 walking past me. I say Hi, You must be new, I've never seen you before.. we chat for 30 seconds then I look down and notice she's pregnant. Turns out she is new but working in a different city
- Asked an old lady at the grocery store why she thinks the line is so long. I can't remember her answer but that was the end of our 5 second conversation.

I thought.. hey, this is easy... until I see this GORGEOUS girl getting out of her car right next to me. We make eye contact and I keep my mouth completely SHUT!

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
roman81 said:
"i absolutely missed you, what was your name again?
I'm going to have to agree with Konada. You should not miss a girl you barely know, especially if she is a 9. You also forgot her name, which is kind of a big deal for some girls. She tested your attachment with her and based on your answer she gave you some "I gotta go to the moon on a space mission and then call you back" speech. These women make judgements about men based on tiny things. No big deal, though. Now you know you can pull off 9's, just be cool next time.

whitebelt said:
I thought.. hey, this is easy... until I see this GORGEOUS girl getting out of her car right next to me. We make eye contact and I keep my mouth completely SHUT!
She may be gorgeous for one man and average for another guy. She may even see herself as average (which is true most of the time for very attractive women. This is, of course, only after you proved that her entitlement mindset doesn't work on you). She has no clue how you perceive her and vice versa. Go for it next time; you will be amazed at how different a girl can turn out form what you expected.

TheMusic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot Girls (1/3):
- Girl at the supermarket who was working, I know they kinda have to talk to all the customers, but I said hi first, so I think it's a point.

Other people (3/4):
- Guy walking with his dog. Saw him before going out, and said hi. My friend said "Don't say hi here... it's the worst place in town"... However, he was friendly and said hi back.
- Little girl at the supermarket, who couldn't reach something. I asked her if I could help her, she nodded.
- Guy who I saw coming from another direction while cycling, and I let 10 people pass so I said to myself (for the 10th time) that I shouldn't hesitate and just say hi, who cares. So I managed to say hello, he replied friendly.

3 more to go :) Especially the hot girls will become a challenge.

roman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
Robyn923b said:
I'm going to have to agree with Konada. You should not miss a girl you barely know, especially if she is a 9. You also forgot her name, which is kind of a big deal for some girls. She tested your attachment with her and based on your answer she gave you some "I gotta go to the moon on a space mission and then call you back" speech. These women make judgements about men based on tiny things. No big deal, though. Now you know you can pull off 9's, just be cool next time.

We are going for coffee tomorrow afternoon, is the damage reversible, what can i do in one hour to change the situation, it's not oneitis but i really want this one. All suggestions are welcome.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
roman81 said:
Robyn923b said:

We are going for coffee tomorrow afternoon, is the damage reversible, what can i do in one hour to change the situation, it's not oneitis but i really want this one. All suggestions are welcome.
As far as I know there is no way to take back your words. Just mantain your frame and keep an open mind going in. I can already sense that you'll will be going in with a 'I'm gonna make this girl mine' attitude. Don't because you will fvck up bad if you put such unnecessary pressure on yourself and reek of desperation.

It's easier said than done but keep this in mind. It will come naturally after you get dates with more HB9s. Just relax and enjoy yourself!

TheMusic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheMusic said:
Hot Girls (1/3):
- Girl at the supermarket who was working, I know they kinda have to talk to all the customers, but I said hi first, so I think it's a point.

Other people (3/4):
- Guy walking with his dog. Saw him before going out, and said hi. My friend said "Don't say hi here... it's the worst place in town"... However, he was friendly and said hi back.
- Little girl at the supermarket, who couldn't reach something. I asked her if I could help her, she nodded.
- Guy who I saw coming from another direction while cycling, and I let 10 people pass so I said to myself (for the 10th time) that I shouldn't hesitate and just say hi, who cares. So I managed to say hello, he replied friendly.

3 more to go :) Especially the hot girls will become a challenge.
Hot Girls (2/3):
- Girl at school, I had to use a computer, I had to go on 10, she was supposed to be on 9, so I said, half to myself, half to her: "This is kinda confusing. Aren't you supposed to be on 9?" She said "Jeah, I'm sorry" "It's okay, i'll use this one."

Other people (4/4):
- Women on a bike.

One more hot girl to go :)

badboyjmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday (tuesday) I went out with some friends to a pub with a little dance floor. After a solid pre-drink, we head to the bar. I approach two girls and my friend ended up taking the girl he was talking with to the dancefloor. She didn't seemed into the conversation so I excused myself and pretend that I have to look for a friend. I was talking to another girl that was already chatting with my friend. Afterwards I was just talking to couple of guys about dance moves and what not. Feel super good to the point that I just didn't want to approach...

Today (Wednesday) I was talking to a cute tall girl (5'11") working at my grocery store. Made her laugh about being tired and what not. I feel much more relax and I will definitely try approaching during the day, since I'm still afraid. I have a party tonight so it should be good. Although with all those approaches I haven't got a number yet.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
roman81 said:
Oneitis: Really wanting a plate and/or focusing on her. You just admitted you have slight oneitis. Don't try to go out with her to impress her. I can tell you from personal experience that if you try too hard to get her it will backfire.

There is really not much you can do to undo the "I miss you" sentence you said. Just be be cool on the date. Act if you KNOW she wants you because her friend told you (don't verbalize this). Be sure to bust her balls and reward her when she lets you escalate or makes a move on you. Ask her open-ended questions and let her do most of the talking. When she asks questions like:

-Where do you work?
-What do you do?
-What's your major?
-Where do you go to school?
-What kind of car do you drive?
-How old are you?

Answer with ridiculous answers or turn it around into something funny. Ex: Her: Where do you work?
You: I work in the slave-trading business
Her: Haha, seriously where do you work?
You: Oh..boy. You smell that?
Her: *Sniffs* smell what?
You: *looking around & then at her* I kinda smell a stalker ;)

You get the idea. Walk in front of her and make a comment about how you saw her checking you out. Last, but not least, go for the kiss close before the end of the date & do more if you can. The car usually works as it is more "private." Flow naturally with the context of the situation and the conversation and don't be in your head too much. Best of luck!

TheMusic said:
Hot Girls (2/3):
- Girl at school, I had to use a computer, I had to go on 10, she was supposed to be on 9, so I said, half to myself, half to her: "This is kinda confusing. Aren't you supposed to be on 9?" She said "Jeah, I'm sorry" "It's okay, i'll use this one."

One more hot girl to go :)
Good, you are keeping up with your task. However, I feel like you could have handled this computer situation better, especially if the girl was hot. Be more confident and strong about claiming what's is yours. Make sure you are claiming what's yours first, otherwise you'll end up embarrassing yourself.

You could have said:

You: *With a "she's crazy" look* Dude, what are you doing?
Her: *Insecure* Huh, what?
You: *with a straight face* You are using my computer. There is top secret stuff I have in there *smirk*
Her: Oh, am--am I? I'm sorry..blah, blah, blah...
You: How long did you use it for?
Her: Sorry, uh...I don't know 7 minutes?
You: *pretending to do math* Sorry's not gonna cut it. You used it x minutes, so you owe me x dollars
Her: Are you serious?
You: *release the tension by cracking a smile as you shake your head and punch her on the shoulder* You bought that whole thing, huh?
Her: *smiles if receptive* blah blah blah
You: *Extend hand* I'm TheMusic
Her: I'm _______
You: You look familiar, you were checking me out the other day, huh? ;)

Girls just want to have fun and experience emotions. Produce that for them and you're gold.

Last edited:

TheMusic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice one. No, at our school, you hand over you're card, and they'll say on which computer you can go, but some people are too stupid to look at the number of the computer. That's what went wrong.

But I'll keep the emotion thing in mind! *Writes in notebook*