Thoughts on Attending a Church.

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you fear God, then you'll be sober and not make such jokes about the devil, who the Bible describes as an adversary walking around as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Unless you can fight him, then you are either under his control (ie and therefore heading towards hell), or are sitting ducks for some onslaught if you are not careful. Sober people that have their head in the right place concerning the spirtual realities and where most people are going after they die, and they of themselves if they are not careful, don't joke around like that. .

Also if you are in a war then you don't make light of your enemy. Do you think it would be helfpulf or WW2 soldiers to make fun of Hitler before engaging in deadly battle with the Germans or being sober as to their military techniques to make it out of there alive? Literally, that's why I take these things seriously. We are in a spiritual war.

It's also a thread about meeting women in church, so it's also in bad taste, at best.

That is all I have to say about it because someone else brought this up. I don't want to have any discussion about this as it is against the rules of the board, but since you asked me about this and we are on this subject, that is all I have to say.
Disagree. And I fear nothing.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree. And I fear nothing.
Fearing God does not mean the same thing as being scared. In context it means having a healthy reverence. Like you dont drink and drive, or dont try to pass a moving train when the train warning lights are on...like I said, healthy reverence.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Revisiting this post-

Anyone here have Positive experiences with attending a church and likely forming a social circle because of it? Say you're a single man moving into a new town or something in that manner and your faith happen to have an organization of some sort.

What are you guys experiences? Just wondering
I haven't attended a "physical" church since 2017, the church I attended on and off since 2003, it was a Pentacostal church in a mostly Episcopalian, Lutheran area. I enjoyed going to that church a lot, however, the church members slowly moved away or to other churches last I heard the church service is now being held at the pastor's home. However, I have not talked to him much in the last several years

My advice would be to go to church that acknowledges Jesus is lord and is spirit filled. Doesn't matter if the church is big or not size shouldn't impact it.

In regards to social circle all the young people were already coupled up cause they met at church camp or something, so they had known each other for years I never really went to them. I went to another church when I was in high school but the women in that church weren't really my type

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When God shows up drunk at a party:

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it doesn’t hurt to attend and see if it brings more peace to your life or less

A woman i started seeing got me to pray again. I find it helps

maybe this is a good screening tool for both activities and people. If they don't make your life better than stop spending time on them

davidsonj73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A place of worship, and no I'm not talking about with regards to bee dee es em, has been from what I've seen, mostly to find a long term relationship partner. So, if that's what you're looking for, great! And if you are just looking to hook up, you should probably look elsewhere.