Thoughts on Attending a Church.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Question for the OP. Is it a social circle you are looking for? or are you looking for like-minded individuals?
Do you want to explore religions?

Common interests is the best thing to build a social circle around. Unless exploring new religions is one of your interests, why do something you are not passionate about?

Honestly I think young professionals should do this group in their town to meet people their age
https://www.active20-30.org/

Active 20-30 US & Canada is a National service organization, made up of men and women in their 20's and 30's who have a passion for improving the lives of children in their communities. These emerging leaders serve local kids through hands-on work and fundraising.

Active 20-30 has a rich history of serving our communities and developing leaders in our local communities. It began by realizing a need that wasn't being served by existing service organizations. It has evolved with our members and with the times, creating some fun-filled traditions along the way.

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Revisiting this post-

Anyone here have Positive experiences with attending a church and likely forming a social circle because of it? Say you're a single man moving into a new town or something in that manner and your faith happen to have an organization of some sort.

What are you guys experiences? Just wondering

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone here have Positive experiences with attending a church and likely forming a social circle because of it? Say you're a single man moving into a new town or something in that manner and your faith happen to have an organization of some sort.
"I quoted the Quran to some Persian babes and they loved my accent, so they took me into their social circle (Haram? Harem?) and I had a grand old time until they found out I was not a muslim and..."

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Revisiting this post-

If I was in the Phillipeeans, (I am assuming you are there), I would 100% go to a church there and intermingle with local Christians. I have ONLY positive experience visiting Phillipean churches. They tend to be sincere. Offer nice food at the end of the service and there is opportunities to be social. Most of them tend to be sweet and pleasant to interact with, even if you don't make a romantic connection with a single women. Its still good for community. Sometimes, when you go to a church, you'll find there is a spill-over in your interactions with women outside of church. I want you specifically to observe that. Visit a church a few times, get to know some people and introduce yourself....but then see how you are vibing with other people out there.

I visited a Phillipean church a few times in 2011 and then again in 2017 (once). We didn't go back as we went to another more local church.

You keep saying you are from the Phillipeans so absolutely I'm 100% recommend to go to a church there.

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was in the Phillipeeans, (I am assuming you are there), I would 100% go to a church there and intermingle with local Christians. I have ONLY positive experience visiting Phillipean churches. They tend to be sincere. Offer nice food at the end of the service and there is opportunities to be social. Most of them tend to be sweet and pleasant to interact with, even if you don't make a romantic connection with a single women. Its still good for community. Sometimes, when you go to a church, you'll find there is a spill-over in your interactions with women outside of church. I want you specifically to observe that. Visit a church a few times, get to know some people and introduce yourself....but then see how you are vibing with other people out there.

I visited a Phillipean church a few times in 2011 and then again in 2017 (once). We didn't go back as we went to another more local church.

You keep saying you are from the Phillipeans so absolutely I'm 100% recommend to go to a church there.
Yeah most of the Churches here are Catholic, but I have no problems with that.

The lectures the Priest sometimes make can be insightful lol. But yeah the Sense of Community is also a plus whether you meet someone there or not.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mentioned the awkward fit between single men and church in 2021. It is a realistic factor. Single, childless guys are not common at a lot of parishes in Christian faiths.

Various Christian faiths have rules against non-marital sex. Men in the seduction community might find that to be a bit stifling.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Corrector,
Your observations on the Phillipino Church scene are similar to my own...The unattached fems you meet there,have often had unsatisfactory Western partners in the past and will welcome a decent Guy...Even a long term bachelor like me can be tempted on a trip to their homeland.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Church Of Satan still occasionally lays a naked woman out on an altar, so that the rest of the congregation can practice all that they've learned from Bob Ross on her bare flesh

May be worth looking into, if your a single guy who's seeking a house of worship

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Church Of Satan still occasionally lays a naked woman out on an altar, so that the rest of the congregation can practice all that they've learned from Bob Ross on her bare flesh

May be worth looking into, if your a single guy who's seeking a house of worship
You are now on my ignore for one week.

You dont make jokes on such things. The devil is real and is the enemy of our souls. You cant mouth off like that here.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course, because Christianity is anti-promiscuous sex.

Even if this is in Anywhere Else, are we going to have religious threads here now? We already know that Christians are some of the most perverted people out there, no need to get Satan involved. :rolleyes:

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I grew up in the church, and I would advise against it.

It's a myth that church or any organization offers a sense of community. They advertise that as a way to entice new members to join, but the reality is that, like all organizations, a church is all about exploitation of its members.

They lure you in with promises of community, friendship, acceptance, etc.... but once you're in, you'll find that it's a one-way street. Because once you're in they don't need to do a sales pitch anymore. And then the ugly truth comes out.

You'll be the one that's investing time, effort, energy, money, resources into the group, but they WON'T invest back into you. They won't support you in your time of need. And they won't truly open up to you or be your friend....

At best, they might include your name on the list of "This month's birthday wishes" and you might get a slice of cake once a year, but that's about it.

If you're looking for friendship, love or connection, you won't find it in a church group. Because you'll find that there will be cliques within the group, and those cliques are generally not welcoming.

I often compare church groups to those communities surrounded around a Dating Coach or Life Coach or any type of mentoring and coaching - it's a SCAM.

They prey on lonely, vulnerable men and exploit them for money, time and resources.

Men should be avoiding church groups just as much as they should be avoiding scam artist PUAs, Dating Coaches, or Life Coaches.
PUA community helped me get my first girlfriend so i dont see it as a scam - there are obviously a lot of fraud coaches out there but there are good ones too - the likes of Tom Torero, Liam Mcrae, Nick Krausser , James Marshall do give genuinely good advice sometimes and i've had wingmen that have thrived on their advice. I am still good friends with a lot of my wingmen today that i met on pua forums.

a lot of dating coaches do give good advice that's helped me garner dates - life coaches? i think they're too broad to be effective in my opinion. You don't really need to even pay for anything all the good advice is out there on the internet for free.

Religion ? i think it creates a form of delusion that just doesnt help men- as someone who's parents fled a muslim country because they hated islam i think most the major regions are just cults that prey on the weak and vulnerable. This is not just Islam but also Christianity , Judaism, Hindusim etc. Personally as a Londoner i've seen first hand mormon coaches setting up a church next to London's biggest science school imperial college - i see this as an example of them preying on young minds as akin to what you said in your post.

https://mindful-masculinity.org/2024/09/21/rollo-tomassi-the-rational-male-religion-2021-review/ wrote some of the reasonings in my rational male - religion review

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you're afraid to joke about satan? Don't be. He's a pu$$y.
If you fear God, then you'll be sober and not make such jokes about the devil, who the Bible describes as an adversary walking around as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Unless you can fight him, then you are either under his control (ie and therefore heading towards hell), or are sitting ducks for some onslaught if you are not careful. Sober people that have their head in the right place concerning the spirtual realities and where most people are going after they die, and they of themselves if they are not careful, don't joke around like that. .

Also if you are in a war then you don't make light of your enemy. Do you think it would be helfpulf or WW2 soldiers to make fun of Hitler before engaging in deadly battle with the Germans or being sober as to their military techniques to make it out of there alive? Literally, that's why I take these things seriously. We are in a spiritual war.

It's also a thread about meeting women in church, so it's also in bad taste, at best.

That is all I have to say about it because someone else brought this up. I don't want to have any discussion about this as it is against the rules of the board, but since you asked me about this and we are on this subject, that is all I have to say.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PUA community helped me get my first girlfriend so i dont see it as a scam - there are obviously a lot of fraud coaches out there but there are good ones too - the likes of Tom Torero, Liam Mcrae, Nick Krausser , James Marshall do give genuinely good advice sometimes and i've had wingmen that have thrived on their advice. I am still good friends with a lot of my wingmen today that i met on pua forums.
A lot of men used PUA content to get a girlfriend. They lacked social circles and didn't have good examples from fathers, uncles, brothers, etc. to help them with women. Torero and Krauser were big proponents of the London Daygame Model. Krauser's "Daygame Mastery" is probably the best daygame manual that exists now.

Religions are not doing well in general with single men.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Satan has nothing on Baron Samedi. We play checkers sometimes because chess is boring to him.