Why Have So Many Well Known Pickup Artists Had Major Personal Issues?

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Roosh's sister died of breast cancer!? damn i didn't know that's very sad to hear

Mystery i know his mother and sister both died in a short span of time he also got divorced and lost custody of his two children

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roosh's sister died of breast cancer!? damn i didn't know that's very sad to hear
Roosh's sister died in March 2018 per the article below. May 2019 was when Roosh stopped talking about seduction. He started unpublishing his old books gradually after that.

The sister that died of breast cancer was a younger sister who was in her early 30s at the time of death. In March 2018, Roosh was in his late 30s.

Roosh has erased himself from the internet to a large degree at this point. He unpublished the seduction manuals, ended his own website, ended Return of Kings, and ended his forum.

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Roosh's sister died in March 2018 per the article below. May 2019 was when Roosh stopped talking about seduction. He started unpublishing his old books gradually after that.

The sister that died of breast cancer was a younger sister who was in her early 30s at the time of death. In March 2018, Roosh was in his late 30s.

Roosh has erased himself from the internet to a large degree at this point. He unpublished the seduction manuals, ended his own website, ended Return of Kings, and ended his forum.
damn that explains a lot - he seemed to do such a drastic U-turn that it makes sense that it must have been something horrific going on behind the scenes that motivated that change - i had no idea i thought he converted to Christianity due to mental burn out from pua but this makes a lot more sense thanks for clarifying

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn that explains a lot - he seemed to do such a drastic U-turn that it makes sense that it must have been something horrific going on behind the scenes that motivated that change - i had no idea i thought he converted to Christianity due to mental burn out from pua but this makes a lot more sense thanks for clarifying
Roosh was influential for me. I read "Day Bang" soon after it was published in late 2011 and it turned from a primarily night game approacher to a primarily day game approacher. For years prior to 2011-2012, I had been wanting to reduce my dependence on night game. I was coming up on age 30 at the time and had been going to college parties and bars seeking pussie for a while.

I did read his other articles on his website. He was the driving force behind Return of Kings and I read that website at times as well. I had also read "Bang" prior to reading "Day Bang". Roosh published "Bang" in 2007. Mystery published "Mystery Method" in 2007.

It's likely that Roosh had some mental burnout from living the seduction lifestyle. I think his sister's cancer and death changed him far more than the mental burnout from PUA though.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very simple, they couldn't live with that fake playboy persona anymore, they became mythomaniac. I'm pretty sure they had no mental issue whatsoever before becoming PUAs.
Those guys were businesses, scamming naive and desperate men was a lucrative business but I guess that after some times, morality questions kicked in and they found themselves trapped somehow, they couldn't back to a normal life, their whole existence was based on lies, not pleasant to live as an impostor 24/7.

Then PUAs got bad press, those guys realized that it would ruin their name and reputation, so they pretended to have some kind of issues or stop Pickup artistry and switch to self improvement, some just completely disappeared to be forgotten.

Best example is Roosh, if you guys believe his religion BS... lol
They are all a bunch of scammers. I read them all, watch them all for years. I was young and naive and believed everything they said. No I'm older and realize what they really are: losers

Last edited:

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
parenting accounts to about twenty five percent of it but that about it we all have promblems:)

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very simple, they couldn't live with that fake playboy persona anymore, they became mythomaniac. I'm pretty sure they had no mental issue whatsoever before becoming PUAs.
Those guys were businesses, scamming naive and desperate men was a lucrative business but I guess that after some times, morality questions kicked in and they found themselves trapped somehow, they couldn't back to a normal life, their whole existence was based on lies, not pleasant to live as an impostor 24/7.

Then PUAs got bad press, those guys realized that it would ruin their name and reputation, so they pretended to have some kind of issues or stop Pickup artistry and switch to self improvement, some just completely disappeared to be forgotten.

Best example is Roosh, if you guys believe his religion BS... lol
They are all a bunch of scammers. I read them all, watch them all for years. I was young and naive and believed everything they said. No I'm older and realize what they really are: losers
whats you background if I may ask?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they had no mental issue whatsoever before becoming PUAs.
I disagree that prominent PUAs had mental issues prior to become PUAs.

Neil Strauss would be a good example. Before Neil Strauss linked up with Mystery and other PUAs, he was an incel/borderline incel. That's unique because Strauss is a Gen X'er born in 1969. Incels were not nearly as common before the 1980s born Millennials.

The big reason that Strauss was incel/borderline incel was his 5'6" height. When Strauss was coming of age in the 1980s-1990s, women weren't as demanding on height as in the 21st Century. However, 5'6" wasn't considered impressive then either. Strauss was also balding young. His status markers of being an Ivy League college graduate and a music journalist were not enough to get him laid and offset his 5'6" height and balding. That's how he ended up becoming a PUA student.

I'm sure there was psychological damage of going through one's teens and 20s as an incel/borderline incel.

Strauss was one of the most successful PUA students ever, going from a near zero to a high notch count guy.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neil Strauss would be a good example. Before Neil Strauss linked up with Mystery and other PUAs, he was an incel/borderline incel. That's unique because Strauss is a Gen X'er born in 1969. Incels were not nearly as common before the 1980s born Millennials.
There have always been what we now call Proto-Incels; sexually frustrated men who cannot get laid with a high risk of exploding into violence. Check out, for instance, David Berkowitz, a serial killer named 'Son of Sam' who terrorised New York with 'random' killings of couples making out in cars. Berkowitz is every bit an incel, but before the term was coined.

The only difference between Berkowitz and the common incel is that now, with internet access, these sexually frustrated men can find their peers. And while some incels realise they can do something about themselves and get laid and not be 'victims', most of them enjoy their victim status too much to change.

So with most incels, their misogyny and self-hate festers to twist them like Sméagol into Gollem.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strauss was one of the most successful PUA students ever, going from a near zero to a high notch count guy.
How do you know that? Because he said so?
Then I tell you that I fvcked 10 000 girls, all hb9.
I swear it's true.

You're smart but sometimes I question your judgement.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you know that? Because he said so?
No one knows for sure how many women that Strauss has had sex with. Do you know what Strauss' notch count is?

When I have watched videos of Neil Strauss on YouTube, I have not understood his sexual appeal. I have seen guys get laid when I couldn't figure out their appeal before.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I have watched videos of Neil Strauss on YouTube, I have not understood his sexual appeal. I have seen guys get laid when I couldn't figure out their appeal before.
You'd have to look at him as a woman. Attraction isn't as straightforward for women as it is for men.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out, for instance, David Berkowitz, a serial killer named 'Son of Sam' who terrorised New York with 'random' killings of couples making out in cars. Berkowitz is every bit an incel, but before the term was coined.

The only difference between Berkowitz and the common incel is that now, with internet access, these sexually frustrated men can find their peers. And while some incels realise they can do something about themselves and get laid and not be 'victims', most of them enjoy their victim status too much to change
Yeah... Pre-internet, these fellas had far fewer excuses for not walking out of their front doors, and making history

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would rather be incel/volcel than burned out PUA with high notch count. Neither option looks too good tbh.

Roosh said so himself, running CLOWN GAME and entertainment to basic b1tches to get laid gets old real quick and that lifestyle seemed to leave him dead and hopelss inside.

At the end of day PUA 'high notch count' day/night/old Game seems to have left most of them dead and hopeless inside unless they were psychos to begin with. Females have all the power, and the PUA lowers himself to her to get p$ssy and many notches and the price their for all to see. The Universe always wins in the end, lessons to be learned.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would rather be incel/volcel than burned out PUA with high notch count. Neither option looks too good tbh.
I prefer to be neither.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer to be neither.
Your some guy that takes part in mostly 'alternative' amsterdam scenes and other types of non-'normal' situations obviously you have found refuge in a third way but that is not entirely 'normal'. Just goes to show how messed a situation we're in when discussing the extremes of PUA vs Incel we get a 'dungeonmaster' come in to give his opinion.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
obviously you have found refuge in a third way but that is not entirely 'normal'.
Only the sheeple relish conformity to the 'norm'.

Just goes to show how messed a situation we're in when discussing the extremes of PUA vs Incel we get a 'dungeonmaster' come in to give his opinion.
Well, you can call me what you want, but this lot clearly needs an objective observer and educated referee. Just be glad I'm not a moderator here.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only the sheeple relish conformity to the 'norm'.

Well, you can call me what you want, but this lot clearly needs an objective observer and educated referee. Just be glad I'm not a moderator here.
It was meant as a joke/sarcasm/humour but i think you get that.