interaction with my next door neighbor failed to go as planned

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then I'm not sure why you would even bring that up.

Essentially she is playing chess while you aren't even playing checkers, you are playing tiddlywinks.
As I explained, I was trying to ease my way into a discussion about my age preference.

I had no desire to discuss the new girl. I only mentioned the new girl as a stepping stone to (try to) steer the discussion into what I really wanted to discuss.

At the very least, a 33 year old man thinking a 25 year old woman is way too young is highly unusual. When I said the new girl is a lot younger than I prefer, I really thought my neighbor would ask a follow up question about my age preference (especially since my neighbor has a track record of being nosy about, and asking intrusive questions about, my dating/sex life)

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. You both like the same music
2. You both like Anime
3. You both are lazy

That's quite an impressive list of a lot things in common. You should buy a ring and ask her to marry you.
In all seriousness, if I was the type to go for a woman that young, we'd probably make a good couple. We could spend our off time sitting around doing nothing while listening to music. Throw some sex in too of course.

With Anime, our interest in Anime manifests itself differently. She likes to watch Anime. I just like to view the artwork online.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
As I explained, I was trying to ease my way into a discussion about my age preference.

I had no desire to discuss the new girl. I only mentioned the new girl as a stepping stone to (try to) steer the discussion into what I really wanted to discuss.

At the very least, a 33 year old man thinking a 25 year old woman is way too young is highly unusual. When I said the new girl is a lot younger than I prefer, I really thought my neighbor would ask a follow up question about my age preference (especially since my neighbor has a track record of being nosy about, and asking intrusive questions about, my dating/sex life)
The entire point of you wanting to discuss that is pointless. That's the bigger picture you are missing out on.

That has ZERO to do with this woman being attracted to you or not.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The entire point of you wanting to discuss that is pointless. That's the bigger picture you are missing out on.

That has ZERO to do with this woman being attracted to you or not.
You're right, even if it turned into a discussion about the fact I'm into 45+ year olds, it's highly unlikely my neighbor would come out and say "I'm attracted to you."

As I mentioned on a previous post though, she might say something like "I'd never go for a man below 35...but a decent percentage of 45+ year old women might," in which case I'd at least get the closure of knowing I have no chance with her (without the humiliation/panic attack of asking her out)

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You're right, even if it turned into a discussion about the fact I'm into 45+ year olds, it's highly unlikely my neighbor would come out and say "I'm attracted to you."

As I mentioned on a previous post though, she might say something like "I'd never go for a man below 35...but a decent percentage of 45+ year old women might," in which case I'd at least get the closure of knowing I have no chance with her (without the humiliation/panic attack of asking her out)
This is pretty nonsensical for a few reasons.

First, what she says while talking to you is really meaningless. I've had women say we aren't having sex when they come over after a date and lo and behold within 15-30 minutes there she is with my d!ck in her mouth.

Stop trying to avoid being a man and just go be a man and ask her out. You'll feel a lot better once you do it than you will by trying to avoid it.

All this other silliness is getting you nowhere except making up things in your mind that have nothing to with reality.