interaction with my next door neighbor failed to go as planned

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then I'm not sure why you would even bring that up.

Essentially she is playing chess while you aren't even playing checkers, you are playing tiddlywinks.
As I explained, I was trying to ease my way into a discussion about my age preference.

I had no desire to discuss the new girl. I only mentioned the new girl as a stepping stone to (try to) steer the discussion into what I really wanted to discuss.

At the very least, a 33 year old man thinking a 25 year old woman is way too young is highly unusual. When I said the new girl is a lot younger than I prefer, I really thought my neighbor would ask a follow up question about my age preference (especially since my neighbor has a track record of being nosy about, and asking intrusive questions about, my dating/sex life)

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. You both like the same music
2. You both like Anime
3. You both are lazy

That's quite an impressive list of a lot things in common. You should buy a ring and ask her to marry you.
In all seriousness, if I was the type to go for a woman that young, we'd probably make a good couple. We could spend our off time sitting around doing nothing while listening to music. Throw some sex in too of course.

With Anime, our interest in Anime manifests itself differently. She likes to watch Anime. I just like to view the artwork online.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
As I explained, I was trying to ease my way into a discussion about my age preference.

I had no desire to discuss the new girl. I only mentioned the new girl as a stepping stone to (try to) steer the discussion into what I really wanted to discuss.

At the very least, a 33 year old man thinking a 25 year old woman is way too young is highly unusual. When I said the new girl is a lot younger than I prefer, I really thought my neighbor would ask a follow up question about my age preference (especially since my neighbor has a track record of being nosy about, and asking intrusive questions about, my dating/sex life)
The entire point of you wanting to discuss that is pointless. That's the bigger picture you are missing out on.

That has ZERO to do with this woman being attracted to you or not.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The entire point of you wanting to discuss that is pointless. That's the bigger picture you are missing out on.

That has ZERO to do with this woman being attracted to you or not.
You're right, even if it turned into a discussion about the fact I'm into 45+ year olds, it's highly unlikely my neighbor would come out and say "I'm attracted to you."

As I mentioned on a previous post though, she might say something like "I'd never go for a man below 35...but a decent percentage of 45+ year old women might," in which case I'd at least get the closure of knowing I have no chance with her (without the humiliation/panic attack of asking her out)

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You're right, even if it turned into a discussion about the fact I'm into 45+ year olds, it's highly unlikely my neighbor would come out and say "I'm attracted to you."

As I mentioned on a previous post though, she might say something like "I'd never go for a man below 35...but a decent percentage of 45+ year old women might," in which case I'd at least get the closure of knowing I have no chance with her (without the humiliation/panic attack of asking her out)
This is pretty nonsensical for a few reasons.

First, what she says while talking to you is really meaningless. I've had women say we aren't having sex when they come over after a date and lo and behold within 15-30 minutes there she is with my d!ck in her mouth.

Stop trying to avoid being a man and just go be a man and ask her out. You'll feel a lot better once you do it than you will by trying to avoid it.

All this other silliness is getting you nowhere except making up things in your mind that have nothing to with reality.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is pretty nonsensical for a few reasons.

First, what she says while talking to you is really meaningless. I've had women say we aren't having sex when they come over after a date and lo and behold within 15-30 minutes there she is with my d!ck in her mouth.

Stop trying to avoid being a man and just go be a man and ask her out. You'll feel a lot better once you do it than you will by trying to avoid it.

All this other silliness is getting you nowhere except making up things in your mind that have nothing to with reality.
I get what you're saying. What you're saying is true for a lot of men (they'll feel better if they get the closure of asking a woman out, even if the ask out becomes a rejection)

In my specific case though, past experience tells me the opposite is true for me. Every time I've been rejected by a woman I regularly cross paths with, I end up miserable.

The only rejections I've been able to easily shake off have been rejections on dating sites or cold approaches with broads I don't even know.

Plus there's the fact I'd have a panic attack while asking out my neighbor. On a recent-ish post about my panic attacks, @SW15 said no woman in the year 2024 would accept the advances of a man who's having a panic attack while asking her out (even if she's physically attracted to the man)

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I get what you're saying. What you're saying is true for a lot of men (they'll feel better if they get the closure of asking a woman out, even if the ask out becomes a rejection)

In my specific case though, past experience tells me the opposite is true for me. Every time I've been rejected by a woman I regularly cross paths with, I end up miserable.

The only rejections I've been able to easily shake off have been rejections on dating sites or cold approaches with broads I don't even know.

Plus there's the fact I'd have a panic attack while asking out my neighbor. On a recent-ish post about my panic attacks, @SW15 said no woman in the year 2024 would accept the advances of a man who's having a panic attack while asking her out (even if she's physically attracted to the man)
Choosing to not rewire your brain for success by continuing to do what you do to make it "easy" and "less painful" is going to get you nowhere in life.

Guess what? Change is painful. Get over it.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Choosing to not rewire your brain for success by continuing to do what you do to make it "easy" and "less painful" is going to get you nowhere in life.

Guess what? Change is painful. Get over it.
Ok, but even if I rewired, what about the involuntary panic attacks when asking a woman I regularly cross paths with out?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd have a panic attack while asking out my neighbor.
If any man is unable to ask out a woman without having a panic attack at the moment of asking out, then that man would need to take a break from in-person approaching and resolve that issue. It's also likely that man would need to take a break from dating to resolve multiple issues that would emerge in the earlier stages of dating. These issues are issues likely to end most interactions.

As @BackInTheGame78 says, there would need to be a lot of brain rewiring.

Every time I've been rejected by a woman I regularly cross paths with, I end up miserable.
Men who do approaches in bigger cities are able to minimize this issue with good planning.

I have mainly done this over the years by changing up the venues where I approach women.

If I approach women in a mall and get rejected, I don't ever worry about seeing them again. Even if I only do approaches at one mall, that mall is so big that it is so unlikely I see them at that specific mall again. I have also done approaches at multiple malls and outdoor shopping centers in my city. The chances that I see someone from a mall approach again are very low.

Grocery store approaching is similar. If I get rejected at the grocery store, I'm not worried about seeing that same woman again. In big cities, the probabilities are low on that one, even if I only ever go to one grocery store. Over time, I've gone to multiple grocery stores and done approaches at many grocery stores. I've left comments on my grocery store interactions in various threads over time.

I've gone to multiple bars over time and I only ever remember seeing someone from a failed bar approach once. It's a low probability event.

The gym is the most problematic place for crossing paths in the future with someone who rejects an approach. If you are both members of the same gym and tend to go at similar times, there's a high probability of a future interaction. There are a few workarounds for this. Some might might get a secondary gym membership, use ClassPass, or buy short term class packages at standalone studio brands such as Title Boxing or SoulCycle. After doing that secondary facility purchase, they focus hitting on women at those secondary places where they aren't regulars.

The chances of running into a woman from a failed tech method date in real life are also minimal in big city life as well. I have arranged many dates from dating websites, dating apps, and social media over time and rarely ever had that happen to me.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Ok, but even if I rewired, what about the involuntary panic attacks when asking a woman I regularly cross paths with out?
The way you overcome those is by doing exactly what you are panicking about. And then continue doing it until you no longer have them.

It's called exposure therapy. It rewires your brain to basically see that there is nothing to panic about so it stops doing it.

Avoiding challenging situations doesn't make you stronger, it makes you weaker.

Last edited:

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If any man is unable to ask out a woman without having a panic attack at the moment of asking out, then that man would need to take a break from in-person approaching and resolve that issue. It's also likely that man would need to take a break from dating to resolve multiple issues that would emerge in the earlier stages of dating. These issues are issues likely to end most interactions.

As @BackInTheGame78 says, there would need to be a lot of brain rewiring.

Men who do approaches in bigger cities are able to minimize this issue with good planning.

I have mainly done this over the years by changing up the venues where I approach women.

If I approach women in a mall and get rejected, I don't ever worry about seeing them again. Even if I only do approaches at one mall, that mall is so big that it is so unlikely I see them at that specific mall again. I have also done approaches at multiple malls and outdoor shopping centers in my city. The chances that I see someone from a mall approach again are very low.

Grocery store approaching is similar. If I get rejected at the grocery store, I'm not worried about seeing that same woman again. In big cities, the probabilities are low on that one, even if I only ever go to one grocery store. Over time, I've gone to multiple grocery stores and done approaches at many grocery stores. I've left comments on my grocery store interactions in various threads over time.

I've gone to multiple bars over time and I only ever remember seeing someone from a failed bar approach once. It's a low probability event.

The gym is the most problematic place for crossing paths in the future with someone who rejects an approach. If you are both members of the same gym and tend to go at similar times, there's a high probability of a future interaction. There are a few workarounds for this. Some might might get a secondary gym membership, use ClassPass, or buy short term class packages at standalone studio brands such as Title Boxing or SoulCycle. After doing that secondary facility purchase, they focus hitting on women at those secondary places where they aren't regulars.

The chances of running into a woman from a failed tech method date in real life are also minimal in big city life as well. I have arranged many dates from dating websites, dating apps, and social media over time and rarely ever had that happen to me.
You're right, my panic attacks are indicative of larger issues that would drive a woman away.

Some people (from both genders) have called me a pig for wanting sex with a woman ASAP.

Am I a pig? In my opinion, no. I simply am enough of a realist to acknowledge the fact a woman's interest level tends to plummet the more she gets to know me (so if I don't get sex ASAP, I likely never will)

Running into a rejecter again through cold approaches is unlikely (which is one reason I'm less prone to panic attacks through a cold approach; also a reason cold approaches are perhaps a better option for me)

As for tech methods, you're right, it's unlikely to run into a woman from a tech method failure or rejection. I only recall it happening a few times (and with the sheer amount of attention broads get on dating/hookup platforms, some of the broads likely didn't even remember me)

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The way you overcome those is by doing exactly what you are panicking about. And then continue doing it until you no longer have them.

It's called exposure therapy. It rewires your brain to basically see that there is nothing to panic about so it stops doing it.

Avoiding challenging situations doesn't make you stronger, it makes you weaker.
How long do you reckon it would take for this exposure therapy to work?

Asking because in the meantime, before the exposure therapy works, I could end up wanting to quit my job, move out of my building, and stop going to my usual cafes (if I were to get rejected by broads in those settings)

I'm prone to panic attacks in other contexts too (I had a panic attack at my current job once because of a combination of disrespectful coworkers and the strictest boss this company has ever seen. I had panic attacks in my retail days because of difficult customers)