Depressing reddit post - what advice can be given to the masses of men in this situation?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That can certainly transfer over to real life. I've seen even decent looking guys getting rejected by horrendous looking women.

Even at bars, men can be so desperate to go for ugly women as they think that less men will be into them and less competition. Women are just far more picky overall and many men are absolutely desperate.

Ironically, I've often found hot women to be far more down to earth and friendly than average and below women.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frankly, women have to put in effort if they want men to Too Hthem desirable also. Case in point: Kathleen Turner. She started boozing, drugging, and living a generally unhealthy life right as her star was on the rise during The 80s. By '91, she was a punchline, and has remained so ever since
The only effort women have to do is to respond:
Tee hee, I'll be at SomeFancyPlace at 7:00 Friday evening.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that for a lot of men, the only time that they get approached by decently attractive women is at a strip joint or brothel (or a night-club that is known to be a bit of a brothel). :(
Could be worse. My stripclubcel friend got un-approaced at a strip club.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then why are many average and below women extremely picky and get inundated on apps?
Spend less time trying to make linear sense out of anything a woman does(That's more of a losing proposition than trying to persuade the Haitians down the street to take up burgers and fries, rather cat and plantains)and more time focused on becoming the most awesome version of you

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then why are many average and below women extremely picky and get inundated on apps?
Forget about apps its a cess pit of bad behaviour and terrible dating practices

You grow a pair of balls and go talk to any 5/6/7 in bar anywhere in the world and the outcome will be a lot different

Apps are just skewed versions of reality

CheekyMonkey101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget about apps its a cess pit of bad behaviour and terrible dating practices

You grow a pair of balls and go talk to any 5/6/7 in bar anywhere in the world and the outcome will be a lot different

Apps are just skewed versions of reality
Plenty of guys already have your belief about average women, even in bars and other places, where they'll be less picky and more down to earth and the hot ones are completely unobtainable. It isn't just on the apps.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plenty of guys already have your belief about average women, even in bars and other places, where they'll be less picky and more down to earth and the hot ones are completely unobtainable
"Unobtainable" in this case being defined as:

"I approached one-two gals who were Pre-Woke SI material in an garrishly overpriced nightclub on a Friday night, where the trap house muzak blaring out of the speakers barely let's you hear YOURSELF think... They didn't drop trow and do me right there even though this is how it happens in Connery and Moore-era Bond flicks, therfore I concluded that the dating market in modern day America is more horrendous than Mogadishu during the early 90s, and remain glued to that conclusion"

CheekyMonkey101

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Unobtainable" in this case being defined as:

"I approached one-two gals who were Pre-Woke SI material in an garrishly overpriced nightclub on a Friday night, where the trap house muzak blaring out of the speakers barely let's you hear YOURSELF think... They didn't drop trow and do me right there even though this is how it happens in Connery and Moore-era Bond flicks, therfore I concluded that the dating market in modern day America is more horrendous than Mogadishu during the early 90s, and remain glued to that conclusion"
Nope, not approached a woman in person since 2012.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're answering your own question. Because they are on apps.

Like I said before, but perhaps I didn't make it clear:
Correction, that is solely on apps, not in real life. In reality, unattractive women are a lot less stuck up in person
And, really, who cares what these women think of themselves? Isn't it up to you what you think of them?
Don't want to date them? Then don't date them.
Don't want to feed them their entitlement? Don't swipe right on them, don't engage them in conversation, don't give them attention.
It's that easy.

In real life, I just ignore unattractive people. There's enough attractive people walking around to distract me from wondering why unattractive people are entitled on apps.