Depressing reddit post - what advice can be given to the masses of men in this situation?

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you continue to lead the relationship after the initial approach is made? Do interactions sometimes fizzle out?

From my understanding of the “like to be approached” perspective, it seems that these men want women to not only initiate the original interaction but also take charge of logistics, finances, and intimacy. They prefer being the hunted rather than the hunter. I could be mistaken, though.
I don’t think it is binary. As if one had to choose to be the ‘hunter or hunted’. Nor do I think ‘these men’ are a particular group. Being approached is just a thing that happens on occasion. Just part of life. I don’t think it affects whether one leads or follows in other aspects of a relationship.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t think it is binary. As if one had to choose to be the ‘hunter or hunted’. Nor do I think ‘these men’ are a particular group. Being approached is just a thing that happens on occasion. Just part of life. I don’t think it affects whether one leads or follows in other aspects of a relationship.
Not to mention that up to half the girls that approach you are not attractive to you.

Clockwerk50

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, 'these men' are one particular group that often complain about not getting approached or IOIs or don't take action. I hope you understand what I’m hinting at.

But I get what you mean about how being approached or not doesn’t influence relationship dynamics. Thanks for elaborating!

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t think it affects whether one leads or follows in other aspects of a relationship.
Not always, but the girls who chase me end up following my lead. Then again, I don't follow anyone's lead but my own.

CheekyMonkey101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get rid of the self defeatist attitude

Stop lusting over online women way way way out of their leauge

Stop watching p*rn

Get a skill in something

Learn to cook / dance / sing / play guitar whatever ( these hobbies are like chick crack )

Start fishing in shallower waters , there are PLENTY of 4/5/6's out there who are getting ZERO male attention because they physically can't compete with the more attractive women

Earlier I the year I randomly ended up living with a HB5 redhead ok she wasn't going to win any beauty awards but she was a decent girl and with a bit of makeup would defenitley get someone going

in the 6 months I lived with her she got a grand total of 1 date , I fvcked 6 different women in the same period

These girls are not difficult to please and will give equal effort if you've got fvck all experience with women this is where you have to start like it or not.
Often, the 4s, 5s and 6s can be extremely picky as many men have the attitude that they will be easier due to getting less attention than more attractive women. This is known as "Juggernaut theory".

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop lusting over online women way way way out of their leauge

Stop watching p*rn
I'd add that checking out all the ladies on social media also gives one unrealistic expectations.

Get off the internet and practice talking to people in real life and build some genuine social skills.