US needs to take lessons from Europe regarding drastically lowering homicide rate

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing to do with Patriotism, just facts.

Who had to save you when all of Europe surrendered in under 6 weeks in WW II? Some countries within 4 days.

You make not like that we are the big bad wolf, sometimes we don't like being the big bad wolf, but you need us whether you want to admit it or not.
That's 75 years ago.

The american dream was also the European dream. Now? Nobody in Europe dreams of living in the States. It's fun to see Times Square once in your life, and the USA is huge so plenty of great spots ofcourse. But up until like 20 years ago people in Europe dreamt of living in the States. That has drastically changed.

Everything in the US is in a downwards spiral. From music, to movies to politics. I am sorry if I offend some of yall.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing to do with Patriotism, just facts.

Who had to save you when all of Europe surrendered in under 6 weeks in WW II? Some countries within 4 days
We took quite a long time to enter the fray, for a nation who's motives were so allegedly pure. When AmsterdamAssassin returns, he can Red Pill us all to the many guerilla resistances against The Third Reich which made the Allied victory possible

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
That's 75 years ago.

The american dream was also the European dream. Now? Nobody in Europe dreams of living in the States. It's fun to see Times Square once in your life, and the USA is huge so plenty of great spots ofcourse. But up until like 20 years ago people in Europe dreamt of living in the States. That has drastically changed.

Everything in the US is in a downwards spiral. From music, to movies to politics. I am sorry if I offend some of yall.
As many observers have noted
We're back in The 1970s, in many respects. Not too many Europeans were eager to move stateside after seeing Deathwish, Serpico, and the like

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
That's 75 years ago.

Yet your salaries in general are far lower and you are paying $9+ dollars a gallon for gas.

You sure about that?

US still ranks 4th in the world in average net monthly income.Things aren't quite as dire as you'd like to believe.

There are people on social security making more than the average wages in many EU countries.

Last edited:

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yet your salaries in general are far lower and you are paying $9+ dollars a gallon for gas.

You sure about that?

US still ranks 4th in the world in average net monthly income.Things aren't quite as dire as you'd like to believe.

There are people on social security making more than the average wages in many EU countries.
But you don't need two jobs to stay alive. Rents are affordable. Streets are somewhat safe. We take care of our elderly.

I don't know what made you turn from opening the thread criticizing the States to defending it . But m'kay.

The US may rank 4th, but that's rather due to having some extremely rich people. And yet there are far more people struggling.

Over here, if you are homeless and you sleep outside in a damn tent first the police will remove you, next all kinds of social workers will work on your case. How can you defend street's full of homeless people ? The only reason I can come up with is because YOU are doing quite well. People in the States dgaf about others. That's why it's allowed to have ghettos, homeless people ect. Because there's no social empathy . Which leads back to YOUR opening post.

US seems to talk tough but so precious little to change the fact that homicides continue to increase here year after year...

Hey, I don't care. It's FAR from my reality. All I know is that the general consensus here is that the States are losing their grip on the world with a crazy tempo.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
But you don't need two jobs to stay alive. Rents are affordable. Streets are somewhat safe. We take care of our elderly.

I don't know what made you turn from opening the thread criticizing the States to defending it . But m'kay.

The US may rank 4th, but that's rather due to having some extremely rich people. And yet there are far more people struggling.

Over here, if you are homeless and you sleep outside in a damn tent first the police will remove you, next all kinds of social workers will work on your case. How can you defend street's full of homeless people ? The only reason I can come up with is because YOU are doing quite well. People in the States dgaf about others. That's why it's allowed to have ghettos, homeless people ect. Because there's no social empathy . Which leads back to YOUR opening post.

US seems to talk tough but so precious little to change the fact that homicides continue to increase here year after year...

Hey, I don't care. It's FAR from my reality. All I know is that the general consensus here is that the States are losing their grip on the world with a crazy tempo.
You don't need two jobs to live here either. I've never had to do it.

Usually that is caused by one of three issues. People who want to live in expensive places that are not commensurate with what they are earning, people who work dead end jobs with no income potential and no real advancement potential or people who are spending far more than they should be per month and could easily cut down on their expenses and be fine but choose not to because "they have to have it".

And no it isn't due to extremely rich people. My salary as a software engineer is roughly double(actually slightly more) what I see people in the EU make and I'm not even at the top of where I could be. If I was it would be triple or even quadruple.

This is the same across most industries of you go and look at expected salaries.

There is plenty of help for homeless people...truth is a lot of them are mentally ill and choose to live that way. Plenty of cases where people have invested lots of time and money in getting them apartments and jobs and they end up right back on the street because they can't be bothered to go to work. Or they are addicted to drugs and alcohol and it runs their life.

Only so much you can do when someone is unwilling to help themselves.

Most places in the EU don't have a lot of room to talk with the refugee issues they have there.

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is some truth to that, and a good percentage of the American population shares the same sentiment.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need two jobs to live here either. I've never had to do it.

Usually that is caused by one of three issues. People who want to live in expensive places that are not commensurate with what they are earning, people who work dead end jobs with no income potential and no real advancement potential or people who are spending far more than they should be per month and could easily cut down on their expenses and be fine but choose not to because "they have to have it".

And no it isn't due to extremely rich people. My salary as a software engineer is roughly double(actually slightly more) what I see people in the EU make and I'm not even at the top of where I could be. If I was it would be triple or even quadruple.

This is the same across most industries of you go and look at expected salaries.

There is plenty of help for homeless people...truth is a lot of them are mentally ill and choose to live that way. Plenty of cases where people have invested lots of time and money in getting them apartments and jobs and they end up right back on the street because they can't be bothered to go to work. Or they are addicted to drugs and alcohol and it runs their life.

Only so much you can do when someone is unwilling to help themselves.

Most places in the EU don't have a lot of room to talk with the refugee issues they have there.
That's what I mean : the phrase " dead end job" creates the narrative that if you can't study ( due to mental capacity, illness or whatever ) it's simply " your own fault ". That's unheard of here. We will make sure the wages are high enough to make an comfortable living. Why does a person need to keep growing in salary in order to survive? That's typical IT environment talk. If you work af MCdonalds( biggest fastfood company worldwide) why can't you be rewarded accordingly?

Another one. Read this carefully. How can there be TONS of homeless people
in your cities while ,again, we allow NONE? Because mental illness is something that exclusively occurs in the States? No ofcourse not. We have an equal of mentally ill people BUT we -take-care-off -all of -them. Every single one. Its not allowed BY LAW to sleep in a tent unless the place is designated for this purpose.

Read that carefully. You don't know what you don't know. And refugees might be a pain in the azz to homogeneous oriented people, other than that we simple house these people in decent places.

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
There is some truth to that, and a good percentage of the American population shares the same sentiment.
We could be more effective at helping those who are in need of helping themselves in many ways. As said earlier in this thread, folks laying off the opiates and the video games, and investing in activities which stand to enrich them is our nation's primary challenge today

Our primary crisis in America is one of Motivation/Overthinking

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
That's what I mean : the phrase " dead end job" creates the narrative that if you can't study ( due to mental capacity, illness or whatever...

Out of a given nation's population, the percentage of folks who can't do so is 0.00000001%. Yeah, we need a social safety net for that vanishingly small number of folks, nonetheless there's no excuse for anyone who's the capacity to do for themselves to refuse to do so

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
That's what I mean : the phrase " dead end job" creates the narrative that if you can't study ( due to mental capacity, illness or whatever ) it's simply " your own fault ". That's unheard of here. We will make sure the wages are high enough to make an comfortable living. Why does a person need to keep growing in salary in order to survive? That's typical IT environment talk. If you work af MCdonalds( biggest fastfood company worldwide) why can't you be rewarded accordingly?

Another one. Read this carefully. How can there be TONS of homeless people I'm your cities while ,again, we allow NONE? Because mental illness is something that exclusively occurs I'm the States? No ofcourse not. We have an equal of mentally ill people BUT we -take-care-off -all of -them. Every single one. Its not allowed BY LAW to sleep in a tent unless the place is designated for this purpose.

Read that carefully. You don't know what you don't know. And refugees might be a pain in the azz to homogeneous oriented people, other than that we simple house these people in decent places.
Because in a capitalist society you are competing. If you are unwilling to compete and don't want to put the work in to do so, then you can't really complain when you don't have much to show for it.

It would be like complaining because you don't want to work out, keep up with your hygiene or work on any aspect of your life but then get upset when women aren't interested in you.

In your scenario, someone would just "hand you an attractive woman" even tho you don't really deserve one. Here you get a 2/10 if you are lucky or get nothing.

Not sure what the issue is. There are plenty of blue collar jobs that pay well. Mechanics, HVAC technicians, roofers, construction, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, auto workers etc.

Plenty of these places will train you with no experience because they are desperate for people who want to work. Some are even union jobs that pay very well.

If you choose to work at McDonalds instead of pursue a different job then that's your choice. Again...everyone has a choice. You can't really complain if you choose to take the easiest road possible and then wonder why you have no money. Because basic jobs don't pay well. Why would a job meant for a teenager as their first job pay what you need to earn to make living? Doesn't make much sense.

Now many places have raised minimum wage to $15 an hour and in some places even $20, but still...same point.

The US still rewards ambition and drive and determination. Apparently not so much in the EU where you can expect to be paid well to be lazy I guess, but not that well if you actually do have ambition and drive.
Sounds like a modified version of fascim or communism..

Last edited:

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because in a capitalist society you are competing. If you are unwilling to compete and don't want to put the work in to do so, then you can't really complain when you don't have much to show for it.

It would be like complaining because you don't want to work out, keep up with your hygiene or work on any aspect of your life but then get upset when women aren't interested in you.

In your scenario, someone would just "hand you an attractive woman" even tho you don't really deserve one. Here you get a 2/10 if you are lucky or get nothing.

Not sure what the issue is. There are plenty of blue collar jobs that pay well. Mechanics, HVAC technicians, roofers, construction, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, auto workers etc.

Plenty of these places will train you with no experience because they are desperate for people who want to work. Some are even union jobs that pay very well.

If you choose to work at McDonalds instead of pursue a different job then that's your choice. Again...everyone has a choice. You can't really complain if you choose to take the easiest road possible and then wonder why you have no money. Because basic jobs don't pay well. Why would a job meant for a teenager as their first job pay what you need to earn to make living? Doesn't make much sense.

Now many places have raised minimum wage to $15 an hour and in some places even $20, but still...same point.

The US still rewards ambition and drive and determination. Apparently not so much in the EU where you can expect to be paid well to be lazy I guess, but not that well if you actually do have ambition and drive.
The biggest problem when arguing with Americans is they have hardwired beliefs that can't be changed. I heard the teenage job so often, which basically means a billion dollar company is allowed to abuse grown people due to the teenage job narrative. Same with tipping. Pay 3 an hour ,make bank and expect the costumer to take care of it. (Alltough more and more pushback cN be heard)

Imo it's bs that mcdonald's is meant as a first / teenage job. A job =a job. If you dedicate 40 hours a week to make an honest living it shouldn't matter what field it is. The employer must make sure his employees are taking care off.

I know it will be near to impossible to change your vision because it's not your world..screw the rest as long as I'm good.

In Europe we don't reason like this and let the big companies get away with this shyte

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't hear you complaining about all the technology you use today that has been a direct result of the US Military and Department of Defense spending and research...

You know, things like GPS, microwaves, the Internet, jet engines, satellites, etc..

If it's so bad then stop using all the technology that's come from us and go back to the stone age
Whether I complain or not is irrelevant to my earlier point. And I was talking about domestic policing and incarceration anyway. Not DoD.

Just because some tech developed as a byproduct of heavy handed military industrial complex doesn't mean the world needs a police force. It would have been developed faster without wiping out millions of lives in Vietnam, Iraq, the Americas, & Europe, really all over.

Most of what you're referring to was subcontracted and/or developed in the private sector, anyway. There'd be a lot more positive R&D if the nations engaged commercially rather than militarily and stopped dividing the world between "good" and "evil." That's my opinion anyway.

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
Having lived in both places I sort of agree. If you want to start a business or earn a high salary, the US is a great place to be. I don't really like some of the tradeoffs but it's true that people there know how to hustle.

There are people like that in Europe too. The "get paid well to be lazy" trope is half true. A lot of functionaries stick to their gov't jobs because of the benefits and salaries and pension and will never be fired no matter how terrible they are. This is true around the world, though, including the US. There are still a lot of smart and innovative businesspeople in Europe. There's just more of a universal respect for personal time/health and family time that in the US gets demonized, although I think Gen Z is pushing back against that.

The US has a lot of positive free market qualities but its main problem is corporatism and cronyism. It's not true capitalism. But I don't think any place needs to be 100% ideological either.

Because basic jobs don't pay well. Why would a job meant for a teenager as their first job pay what you need to earn to make living?
Why wouldn't it?

Reaction score
Everyone hates us until they need our help, then they come running and crying like we are their Mommy and they got a little booboo.
I live in a european country. To be honest I'ts borderline silly how people here expect US tax payers to pay for our security now that Russia is a threat again. Perhaps our european soy-boy countries shouldn't have slashed their defence budgets and given in to the leftist ideology why having capable military is such masculine and awful thing.

The systems and mentality are different, but people are free to move to europe if they like european way of life more and vice versa.
At least currently USA is still attracting talent from all over the world, but most european countries are mainly attracting immigration from third world countries to live on social security.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I live in a european country. To be honest I'ts borderline silly how people here expect US tax payers to pay for our security now that Russia is a threat again
This is still less absurd than our ruling caste here in The US thinking it's our role to play global supercop

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This is still less absurd than our ruling caste here in The US thinking it's our role to play global supercop
Somebody has to do it. After seeing what happened in WW II why would the US think any of our Allies was capable of it?

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, we don't, and neither does anyone else. It's the role of every nation to develop it's own capacity for self-defense, THEN request aid, IF needed
Agreed. This was actually the US's policy for many decades. Washington warned against getting embroiled in foreign entanglements. Starting with Wilson (but perhaps earlier) the US started intervening when its security wasn't threatened, resulting in expansion of war, further casualties, proxy wars and instability. Joining NATO was a major precedent and now here we are.

Plus it's inconsistent, or rather consistent in that the US only intervenes militarily when it makes economic sense to do so. It has interests, not allies.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No, we don't, and neither does anyone else. It's the role of every nation to develop it's own capacity for self-defense, THEN request aid, IF needed
Unfortunately that isn't how it has ever worked throughout history. One country will always be determined to conquer the world if there is nobody strong enough to stop them.

How many history lessons do you need to go back and read?