Going to be another brutal summer for much of the US it appears...

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score

Eco-Warriors will interpret this story as proof that Mother Nature is punishing us by bumping off our children via the summer heat, Feminists will view this as testament to American families valuing their sons more than their daughters/the intersection of feminism and Climate Justice, while MRAs will dig up a story of a male infant dying under similar circumstances, then cite the fact that it received one day less coverage as testament that Gynocentrism is all around us

I'm frankly disappointed by a separate subject though... The Grand Canyon State's residents haven't yet resurrected the Anasazi practice of gutting their kiddos on stone altars at dusk on Sundays, so as to appease The Rain Gods with the blood and viscera of innocents. The closest we get to seeing that sort of thing in The US these days is The Believers
showing up on TV every now and then

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Eco-Warriors will interpret this story as proof that Mother Nature is punishing us by bumping off our children via the summer heat, Feminists will view this as testament to American families valuing their sons more than their daughters/the intersection of feminism and Climate Justice, while MRAs will dig up a story of a male infant dying under similar circumstances, then cite the fact that it received one day less coverage as testament that Gynocentrism is all around us

I'm frankly disappointed by a separate subject though... The Grand Canyon State's residents haven't yet resurrected the Anasazi practice of gutting their kiddos on stone altars at dusk on Sundays, so as to appease The Rain Gods with the blood and viscera of innocents. The closest we get to seeing that sort of thing in The US these days is The Believers
showing up on TV every now and then
Maybe they should move to Las Vegas where they just broke their all time high temp and hit 120(previous all time record was 117) and set a record of 5 straight days of 115+ breaking the previous record of four...and it's expected to likely double to 10 before the streak ends.

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Soy is health promoting. High in protein, fiber, and PUFAs.

Animal protein vs. plant protein is a false question. The body cares only that amino acids are available in sufficient quantities.

I am not a vegan but the macho man attacks on plant based diets are mostly silly cultural shvt that does not have any scientific basis. The healthful diet should be mostly of plant foods for a myriad of reasons.
You could look at any person that eats a "plant-based diet" and see that they don't look healthy. There are a multitude of youtube videos from plant people where you could dind this evidence. They're obviously missing something.

My guess would be the creatine and vitamins you can only get from meat.

Yeah, you can supplement vitamins, but i'm not convinced your body can actually metabolize those, as i always urinated yellow when i took them. Pretty sure they were just passing through me.

Soy promotes estrogen production in men, by the way.

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh...when you spend a decade actually doing all that stuff that you are researching and finding it out in your own body you'll find that much of it is highly individual dependant and what works for one person doesn't work well for another.
As far as diet, the same thing will work for anyone.

Exercising and lifting weights are highly individual.

Edit - intermittent fasting isn't for everyone. Some people have to eat immediately after waking up. I'll admit that

but they're just weak

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With (intermittent) fasting, it's the same as Ramadan, some muslims are excluded, especially infants and the elderly and the sick (including diabetics).

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could look at any person that eats a "plant-based diet" and see that they don't look healthy. There are a multitude of youtube videos from plant people where you could dind this evidence. They're obviously missing something.

My guess would be the creatine and vitamins you can only get from meat.

Yeah, you can supplement vitamins, but i'm not convinced your body can actually metabolize those, as i always urinated yellow when i took them. Pretty sure they were just passing through me.
All of the blue zones feature plant-“centric“ (not necessarily plant exclusive) diets.

It does not.

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding the main topic, putting it simply man can't be trusted to steward nature which results in changes in climate. Unless there is a proper incentive. When the incentive is survival humans tend to be pretty ingenious but it's better to avoid extreme situations.

When environmentalists make insane doomsday predictions time and again which don't come true, they lose credibility. Talk to any farmer, hunter, fisherman, outdoorsman, they understand balance and harmony. Businessmen and politicians only understand self interest.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had almost moved to Texas, and only decided not to because of the heat. I cannot even imagine how brutal places like Texas are which apparently have 100+ degree days at nearly 100% humidity.
There are some hot and humid places in Texas. Houston is quite bad. Dallas is a little bit less humid but still has some unpleasant high humidity days. Dallas is more humid than the Desert Southwest (West Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona) but less humid than Houston or places in Florida.

West Texas and the Texas Panhandle are not humid.

I've visited AZ in August but the dry heat actually felt really nice and I could hike in it all day.
The most populated areas of Arizona are in some of the hottest areas of the state. Phoenix and Tucson are in lower elevation areas and those get warm. The parts of Arizona with elevation over 5,000 or 6,000 feet are more temperate. Flagstaff is around 7,000 feet in elevation has more pleasant, lower humidity summers. The Grand Canyon is also higher elevation.

The heat around Phoenix and Tucson in the summer is unpleasant, even if it is a drier heat.

I know i avoid soy. Google it
I avoid soy as well for the reason you mentioned.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a reason asians are feminized with their diets.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
There are some hot and humid places in Texas. Houston is quite bad. Dallas is a little bit less humid but still has some unpleasant high humidity days. Dallas is more humid than the Desert Southwest (West Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona) but less humid than Houston or places in Florida.

West Texas and the Texas Panhandle are not humid.

The most populated areas of Arizona are in some of the hottest areas of the state. Phoenix and Tucson are in lower elevation areas and those get warm. The parts of Arizona with elevation over 5,000 or 6,000 feet are more temperate. Flagstaff is around 7,000 feet in elevation has more pleasant, lower humidity summers. The Grand Canyon is also higher elevation.

The heat around Phoenix and Tucson in the summer is unpleasant, even if it is a drier heat.

I avoid soy as well for the reason you mentioned.
Outside of Florida, no state can touch Iowa late in the summer when they get one of their crazy Midwest heatwaves...

Due to a process called Evapotranspiration from all the corn they grow there, it basically sucks up water from the ground like a giant straw and then "sweats" it into the air. Every acre of corn can release up to 4,000 gallons of water a day into the atmosphere and Iowa plants over 13 million acres of corn a year. That's more than 52 BILLION gallons of water being released into the atmosphere just from corn.

Now imagine this process over a week long heat wave with temps above 100 degrees.

There have been several places that recorded DEWPOINTS of 90+ degrees last year which may have broken the all time US record set in Melbourne Florida at 91(a few places reported 93 degree dewpoints). They are still working to get those verified by the meteorological associations for inclusion in the record books.

Also notice how localized it can be around the biggest corn planting locations.

Suffice to say it would feel like you couldn't even breathe if you walked outside in that.

1721437090968.png

Last edited:

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Outside of Florida, no state can touch Iowa late in the summer when they get one of their crazy Midwest heatwaves...

Due to a process called Evapotranspiration from all the corn they grow there, it basically sucks up water from the ground like a giant straw and then "sweats" it into the air. Every acre of corn can release up to 4,000 gallons of water a day into the atmosphere and Iowa plants over 13 million acres of corn a year. That's more than 52 BILLION gallons of water being released into the atmosphere just from corn.

Now imagine this process over a week long heat wave with temps above 100 degrees.

There have been several places that recorded DEWPOINTS of 90+ degrees last year which may have broken the all time US record set in Melbourne Florida at 91(a few places reported 93 degree dewpoints). They are still working to get those verified by the meteorological associations for inclusion in the record books.

Also notice how localized it can be around the biggest corn planting locations.

Suffice to say it would feel like you couldn't even breathe if you walked outside in that.

View attachment 12861

I work outside in a hot state. I haven't noticed it being any worse. Pretty typical