Going to be another brutal summer for much of the US it appears...

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to college initially for it and was my major for 2 years before switching.
I figured lol. Just your fascination with it

I mentioned in the other thread (this thread?) how the national weather service lowered their standards for storms.

For those unfamiliar, they lowered the threshold of what makes a storm a storm. Wind speeds etc.

I would assume they did the same with temperatures.

Now they can declare an emergency easier, bringing in more attention and future funding.

The sky is falling!

I'm not an expert on weather, but i do know how government agencies operate

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I figured lol. Just your fascination with it

I mentioned in the other thread (this thread?) how the national weather service lowered their standards for storms.

For those unfamiliar, they lowered the threshold of what makes a storm a storm. Wind speeds etc.

I would assume they did the same with temperatures.

Now they can declare an emergency easier, bringing in more attention and future funding.

The sky is falling!

I'm not an expert on weather, but i do know how government agencies operate
Still doesn't change the fact that it is becoming warmer and warmer every year on balance and that the heat waves start earlier in the year and last later in the year.

They also didn't need to change anything to have the first hurricane on record as a category 4 in June or a category 5 1 day late on July 1st.

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Still doesn't change the fact that it is becoming warmer and warmer every year on balance and that the heat waves start earlier in the year and last later in the year.

They also didn't need to change anything to have the first hurricane on record as a category 4 in June or a category 5 1 day late on July 1st.
I can't argue with the warming. Clearing natural ecosystems and replacing them with asphalt and concrete will have an effect!

But they can't accurately equate that with weather cycles. They try to, but they're only going off the past 50 years of research, right?

The earth has always gone through heating and cooling phases

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you. Meat and eggs are “manly.” If you want to die earlier that’s your perogative.
I don't think your diet has too much of an effect on overall health, other than being overweight, obviously. Most health problems are genetic.

The Mediterranean diet is all the rage, because people there have lower cases of heart attacks or cancer or something, but that's an outlier. People eat similar diets in other places and probably have different outcomes.

East Asians metabolize rice better than most others and white people metabolize milk better.

Basically, eat what you want, just don't be fat

Edit - i also doubt soy milk is gonna ruin your gainz. I read the studies and stopped drinking it, but it's in most foods lol, yet i manage to get stronger

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think your diet has too much of an effect on overall health, other than being overweight, obviously. Most health problems are genetic.

The Mediterranean diet is all the rage, because people there have lower cases of heart attacks or cancer or something, but that's an outlier. People eat similar diets in other places and probably have different outcomes.

East Asians metabolize rice better than most others and white people metabolize milk better.

Basically, eat what you want, just don't be fat

Edit - i also doubt soy milk is gonna ruin your gainz. I read the studies and stopped drinking it, but it's in most foods lol, yet i manage to get stronger
It can. Everything is fine to some extent in moderation. However, red meat will increase your risk for cancer and cardiovascular disease. As will adding excess butter, sugar, and salt to everything. It will fvck you up over time. I don’t mean never eat that stuff. But if you are throwing down red meat daily on some carnivore shvt you have issues eventually.

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
Flesh is vital to everyone, men and women alike
I wouldn't say it's vital since we can live without it. I eat a lot less red meat anymore, but when I do I make sure it's from a quality source. Most of the meat in the US is, unfortunately, full of feces and hormones.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hurricane season in full swing here in florida but you wont be sure about the season till after july:)