The food is making us fat in the USA

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FYI salmon is naturally pink not orange.
Tell me you don't know the difference between atlantic salmon and pacific salmon, without telling me you don't know the difference.

Also, you should google to see if salmon swim in fresh or salt water, then report back and tell me how accurate that infographic is.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would fish be any different than beef, chicken, pork, eggs, etc when it comes to nutritional profiles and pro-inflammatory compounds related to farmed versus free range organic?
There’s no evidence saying it is any different. However, fish being high vitamin D and Omega-3 we can speculate may be counteracting some or much of the pro-inflammatory aspects. Farmed fish actually contains more Omega-3 than its wild counterparts due to higher fat content. Though as mentioned in a pervious post, I would still rather get it from the wild population that we know is directly eating their natural intended diet.

ManFromTartarus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell me you don't know the difference between atlantic salmon and pacific salmon, without telling me you don't know the difference.

Also, you should google to see if salmon swim in fresh or salt water, then report back and tell me how accurate that infographic is.
As I stated before, I have some experience on this subject.

- Atlantic is the only species of salmon that has been viable for commercial aquaculture, Pacific has not.
- Wild Atlantic is one of the most depleted of the salmon species.
- Most salmon, Atlantic or Pacific live part of their lives in fresh and salt water, unless landlocked.

.... and fresh or saltwater has nothing to do with that infographic. Color additives do.
I don't need to Google anything & I hope that clears things up for you.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
There’s no evidence saying it is any different. However, fish being high vitamin D and Omega-3 we can speculate may be counteracting some or much of the pro-inflammatory aspects. Farmed fish actually contains more Omega-3 than its wild counterparts due to higher fat content. Though as mentioned in a pervious post, I would still rather get it from the wild population that we know is directly eating their natural intended diet.
That's actually wrong. The Omega 6:Omega 3 ratio is what's important, not the amount of Omega 3. Farmed fish have a much higher Omega 6 ratio than wild.

This is the same issue in farmed beef versus free range grass fed beef.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's actually wrong. The Omega 6:Omega 3 ratio is what's important, not the amount of Omega 3. Farmed fish have a much higher Omega 6 ratio than wild.
Correct, the fat profile is different between the two. However, the point was that because it is fish, thus still high in vitamin D and omega 3, that may be counteracting the pro-inflammatory effects.