The food is making us fat in the USA

Reaction score
To be honest the PED accusation is a poor mental cope. Couple of facts:
  1. There are natural tested bodybuilding organizations where most the competitors are indeed natural. And the physical condition(bmi,bf%) of the competitors are way overboard when it comes to looking good for women. -> It's possible to have a great physique without PEDs with normal genetics.
  2. Most of the AAS users that you meet in everyday life are people whose AAS usage you really cant even notice. People with normal gym goer physiques. Typically they are compensating either ****ty genetics or ****ty training&nutrition with AAS use resulting to unimpressive physique.
Personally I have OK(8?) genetics and did some cycles when I was young. Today I'm pretty much staying within 95% of my natural peak from 30s at mid forties. After decades of training and diet It's pretty easy to stay in shape, because habits are so ingrained. It would be really difficult for me to stop training and start eating ****ty diet.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
MDs who use social media are hustlers? An "influencer" in my eyes is someone who blindly promotes whatever affiliate program they're with no actual credentials besides clout. Why are MDs less trustworthy just because they have social media? Where else we even get the information from besides substack? It's not like journalists/reporters are going to tell us anything.

The problem here is most of our food science is just bad. It's based on epidemiology studies which are fundamentally flawed. I remain convinced the west has no idea what they're talking about because there's no other explaination why our country is obese, diabetic, dying of heart attacks at such a high rate. People have been following poor data (and you gotta ask, who's funding these studies?) for decades and it doesn't seem like we're getting any better as a country.

Watch this next time you have some free time and tell me it's not at least alarming and we do not know anything.

I'd say it's more to do with people who eat whatever they want, mainly tons of processed stuff in bags and boxes, drink lots of sugary drinks and alcohol and expect there to be a pill or injection to fix it all by their doctor without them having to change anything.

It's pretty hard to get obese by eating one ingredient foods you cook yourself and limit sugary drinks and alcohol consumption. Not impossible but pretty hard.

The main issue is people don't feel it's their responsibility to take care of their health, they think it's their doctor's responsibility. They have more important things to worry about.

ManFromTartarus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Source? Farm raised fish being “toxic” is quite a strong statement.
It's common knowledge in the fishing industry & community. I'm having some computer issues and can't make a link but a web search of farmed fish + toxic will give you pages of info sources from .gov sites, health orgs, & major publications.

It's similar to raising pigs or chicken in densely filled warehouses, fed processed feed, and pumped full of antibiotics to prevent disease. Not to mention fish farms effects on our oceans, which is just as bad

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's similar to raising pigs or chicken in densely filled warehouses, fed processed feed, and pumped full of antibiotics to prevent disease. Not to mention fish farms effects on our oceans, which is just as bad
So “toxic” in the sense that all raised western meat is toxic, or toxic like this will cause really bad things if we eat it toxic?

ManFromTartarus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi ManFromTarturis,
Cairns is not a bad spot at all,don't go in school Holidays though,but generally not crowded....If you have the Bennies going out to the reef on a hire Boat is well catered for...About four hours down the Coast from me in NSW is a spot called Bermagui,Zane Grey the famous writer of Westerns,had a Holiday Mansion down there because,on a reef quite close in,is some of the finest Marlin Fishing in the World!Good luck!
As I said, I don't do billfish/swordfish, apex predators with a lot of mercury build up. Not going to break my spine fighting something I won't eat. Most anglers specialize in what they fish for in sport & consumption, mine is reef fishing for mid size fish. From my research N.Queensland is the prime area for those like snapper & grouper.

ManFromTartarus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So “toxic” in the sense that all raised western meat is toxic, or toxic like this will cause really bad things if we eat it toxic?
I think in the middle. Fish farming is relatively new compared to raising livestock so they're just catching up to the problems it incurs. If you do that search you'll find sources that can explain it more detailed than I can, but let's face it, when man tries to circumvent nature, we usually fock it up.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked this exact question. Still haven't gotten an answer except "high fructose corn syrup".
You got more than high fructose corn syrup. Go to your cabinet and look at the ingredients label of most food products. You will see chemical names that are synthetic. You can barely pronounce them. These are the poisons we are talking about. Let me help you out and give you a list directly from the EPA.

Chemicals of concern for children's health that are frequently found in foods include methylmercury, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), bisphenol A (BPA), phthalates, perfluorochemicals (PFCs), perchlorate, and organophosphate pesticides.Oct 9, 2023

Environments and Contaminants - Chemicals in Food | US EPA

What are the 5 harmful chemicals in food?

Protect yourself from the damage of chronic inflammation.
  • Bisphenols, such as BPA. They can act like the hormone estrogen and interfere with puberty and fertility. ...
  • Phthalates. ...
  • Perfluoroalkyl chemicals (PFCs). ...
  • Perchlorate. ...
  • Artificial food colors. ...
  • Nitrates and nitrites.
This is in addition to high fructose corn syrup, seed oils like Canola and BPA's.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What poisons? Do these poisons contain calories? Do they alter metabolism?!
Arsenic is found in factory farmed chicken. They also add antibiotics. These do not alter metabolism though.

The steroids and growth hormones added to the beef is another story.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you.

I work in the field of nutrition. It’s my job and was my education.

Re: natty or not mentioned above, being “natty and small” versus “big and ripped and on roids.”

I was under 180 in that pic and weighed 173 onstage at 5’10”, shredded to the bone, and competed in a drug tested (blood and lie-detector), natty organization.

Anyway, one can still be fat on drugs. And plenty of athletes are that.

There is no getting around calories in, calories out!

And if one doesn’t want fillers and undesirable ingredients, buy one-ingredient items. Everyone here knows what they are!

I am not a genetic outlier. I simply have willpower with food and physical activity. My genes likely rank 7 on a 10 scale. And the same likely goes for my attractiveness. I’m “mid” (woe is me).

I looked like skeletor the day before the show, severely depleted of glycogen before carbing over two days. I was so bony and flat in the last six weeks of my prep that my fiancé (now wife) said I felt like a bag of bones while hugging her.
If you were natty looking like that in your late 30's then wow hats off to you. Salute. I dont have the willpower to get that lean. I do think you are a special case. I looked very shredded in my late 20s and early 30s. Past mid 30's its kind of unrealistic to have a 6 pack. Chael Sonnen even has a book on it called 4 pack revolution. His claim is the its almost impossible to keep a 6 pack in your 30s.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn’t this like saying “guns are killing people”?
Naw man. I am saying that the food in America is especially fattening. They add all types of extra compounds that they dont add internationally. This has been objectively confirmed. You can look it up yourself.

Yes people hold responsibility for their health choices. I am just saying that the US food industry is making it much harder than it has to be to stay lean.

You ever wonder why Italians eat pasta all day and they are still thin? You ever wonder why we in the US have among the highest rates of chronic illness and childhood allergies? We have an extremely high cancer rate for a developed nation.

I promise if you live outside the USA for 6 months you will be shocked at how lean you become. Look up Seed Oils and let me know what you think.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MDs who use social media are hustlers? An "influencer" in my eyes is someone who blindly promotes whatever affiliate program they're with no actual credentials besides clout. Why are MDs less trustworthy just because they have social media? Where else we even get the information from besides substack? It's not like journalists/reporters are going to tell us anything.

The problem here is most of our food science is just bad. It's based on epidemiology studies which are fundamentally flawed. I remain convinced the west has no idea what they're talking about because there's no other explaination why our country is obese, diabetic, dying of heart attacks at such a high rate. People have been following poor data (and you gotta ask, who's funding these studies?) for decades and it doesn't seem like we're getting any better as a country.

Watch this next time you have some free time and tell me it's not at least alarming and we do not know anything.

You are totally right. I failed to get a medical residency but I took and passed most of the licensing exams. They dont teach nutrition at ALL. None. The nutrition they teach in medical school is basic Vitamin toxicity levels. They barely scratch the surface. Medical science when it comes to nutrition is intentionally dumbed down. Never go to an MD for nutrition advice. There is a whole field of study with medical experts called Nutritionist. Go to them.....maybe.

The food lobby has the AMA in their back pocket. Food in America is designed to give you disease in order to feed the medical industry. These guys defending American food are beyond naive. These are the same guys who think the financial industry works for the best interest of the average man.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think seed oils have a role to play. Knowing correlation doesn't equal causation we still shouldn't ignore that our rate of obesity correlates with our consumption of seed oil. Specifically linoleic acid which is a type of omega 6. We do need omega 6s but our bodies aren't designed to handle the amounts we are taking in. We take in 8x what we did before Crisco came out. I think some food engineers have used science for evil reasons and have perfected what makes hyperpalatable food. It's usually a combination of fat and carb. Researchers have found that linoleic acid activates the cannabinoid system by way of the CB1 receptor that interferes with hunger signals (leptin maybe). This is the same receptor activated when smoking weed that causes the munchies. I saw one study of mice. One group regular mouse chow, the other mouse chow with 8x the amount of linoleic acid. All were given the same 24/7 access to food. The linoleic acid group consumed 18% more calories and weighed 20% more than the low linoleic acid group. They posit that the linoleic acid group activated the CB1 receptor and they weren't getting the signal they had enough.
They are just going to ignore this post because it gives objective evidence that Seed Oils are helping to cause obesity.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think in the middle. Fish farming is relatively new compared to raising livestock so they're just catching up to the problems it incurs. If you do that search you'll find sources that can explain it more detailed than I can, but let's face it, when man tries to circumvent nature, we usually fock it up.
Google search from actual government and health organization websites say farmed fish is safe for humans to eat. Not sure what incentive regulators would have to approve something poisonous.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His claim is the its almost impossible to keep a 6 pack in your 30s.
I only maintain a four pack with some semblance of love handles (oh no, lol) in my 40’s. My limbs are very lean and veiny though, which, most likely is genetic as my mom has the same.

The condition I’ve been speaking about is 5% for a show, which is called PEAK condition for a reason: it is unsustainable and unhealthy. Getting in stage shape is absurd and low-level starvation. Never before did I feel that unhealthy and that’s one reason I never did it again.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only maintain a four pack with some semblance of love handles (oh no, lol) in my 40’s. My limbs are very lean and veiny though, which, most likely is genetic as my mom has the same.

The condition I’ve been speaking about is 5% for a show, which is called PEAK condition for a reason: it is unsustainable and unhealthy. Getting in stage shape is absurd and low-level starvation. Never before did I feel that unhealthy and that’s one reason I never did it again.
Semblance of love handle lol. Bruh I got no abs at all. Smooth stomach with love handles and im in my late 30's. You are doing great esp at 40 something. There was another dude that used to post here that was in great shape in his 40s. I think his name was Diamond Doberman or something.

Working out is fun and easy. Its the nutrition part that is the very difficult part. I am not trying to excuse people for not having food discipline. I just noticed that its easier to do in other countries. Cheers.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look up Seed Oils and let me know what you think.
The US obesity problem from a dietary standpoint is simply Americans consume too much sugar and fat. “Empty calories” are everywhere in this country. That means food with low nutritional value and low fiber.

Seed oils are the latest internet boogeyman. Seed oils are objectively no more responsible for obesity than butter, lard, or olive oil. They are all added fat calories. The only difference being seed oils are better for heart health than butter and other animal fats.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Semblance of love handle lol. Bruh I got no abs at all. Smooth stomach with love handles and im in my late 30's. You are doing great esp at 40 something. There was another dude that used to post here that was in great shape in his 40s. I think his name was Diamond Doberman or something.

Working out is fun and easy. Its the nutrition part that is the very difficult part. I am not trying to excuse people for not having food discipline. I just noticed that its easier to do in other countries. Cheers.
Thank you!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Google search from actual government and health organization websites say farmed fish is safe for humans to eat. Not sure what incentive regulators would have to approve something poisonous.
The Chinese feed their farmed fish fresh manure, whatever is easiest to get...pig sh1t...duck/chicken sh1t...they don't dry it or compost it at all, just chuck it into the pond. Then when more fish than usual start dying, they throw in a handful of antibiotics. It is a miserable existence for the farmer, basically wading in sh1t and dead fish constantly.

But that's how China dominates the world seafood market. Prawn farming would be practical in my area of the country, but globalism has depressed prices so much that it isn't very profitable to do in the US.