Woman laments that eHarmony date overstated height by 2"

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://tinyurl.com/3xatpzg

I met someone for the first time in-person recently and he lied about his height. Granted, many of you will probably criticize me for being shallow, etc. but I'm not bothered. He said he was 5'8" and he's my height, about 5'6". This set the tone for the rest of the date, the realization that he fibbed and it just felt... tainted. Some of the women reading this will understand. Worst is that he is obviously interested in me and had high expectations. He could have saved himself a lot of trouble. It's MY right if I don't want to date someone that short; and it's not cool to trick someone because they are self-conscious about height/weight/age or anything else.
Why do I get the feeling that chick will be lamenting about "where are all the men?" when she gets into her late 30's? :moon: If she's not there already? :crackup:

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there a section on eHarmony for a woman's weight? I wonder how honest she was there...

;)

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder whether she would equally agree that it is a man's "right " to know her precise weight ? Somehow I doubt it.

davewe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone Lies

jophil28 said:
I wonder whether she would equally agree that it is a man's "right " to know her precise weight ? Somehow I doubt it.
Yeah I got a kick out of her saying it was her "right."

As "House" says - everyone lies. Everyone has secrets and everyone stretches the truth a bit.

I owe my children the truth (most of the time) but that's about all. No one owes some Internet blind date anything.

Me? I'm 5'6". I have been married twice and coincidentally both women were a bit taller than me (maybe by an inch or 2). I swear the conversation never came up where either one said, "How tall are you?" or I asked either one the question. To this day I don't know their heights - nor do I care. What I mean is that on these website facts are listed to disqualify men. In the real world, many of us don't care or overlook.

BTW, we all know that women do the same thing. I have had a few dates with a woman (met online) whose height was 5'11". I didn't care - she looked good. She didn't seem to care either. But before the 1st date, she had changed her profile and now her listed height was 6'. "WTF," I thought. "Is she still growing?" A couple of days later her profile was back to being listed as 5'11".

Last edited:

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm laughing my ass off, she's probably listed as "curvy", ROFL. eharm is a sh*thole.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it deceptive of a woman to post a few photos of herself in her profile showing some nice cleavage which had almost entirely been created by a wonder bra.
Suppose a guy saw her photos and asked her out believing that he was planning to date a 40D .
Fast forward - he and she get naked and he is confronted with the reality of two fried eggs , sunny side up.

Did he have a "right" to expect that "what you see is what you are gonna get".
I wonder how he would be treated on that eHarmony forum if he posted about his disappointment at being lied to.

DangNammit

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen this kind of stuff many times on the dating sites... Usually looking for a guy 6'+ as a requirement. If I was that tall and saw someone requiring a specific height, I'd instantly move on. You already know what the hell you're getting into with that kind of person.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DangNammit said:
I've seen this kind of stuff many times on the dating sites... Usually looking for a guy 6'+ as a requirement. If I was that tall and saw someone requiring a specific height, I'd instantly move on. You already know what the hell you're getting into with that kind of person.
I wonder what would happen if a guy said "must have big boobs" as a requirement.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Is it deceptive of a woman to post a few photos of herself in her profile showing some nice cleavage which had almost entirely been created by a wonder bra.
Yes sir!! That damn wonder bra works wonders for them too!! I went on a date last week and I have a sneaky suspicion that she was wearing one. Oh the average a$$ women out there need all the help they can get. As long as the dude had other areas going for him, 2" should not be so bad. Just like the women lying about their body. Average means overweight in real life and a few extra pounds means lard a$$ is a way worse lie!!!

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
You have to understand that height is very important to a woman in a man. It's almost as important as our demand for loyalty. I don't blame her here at all. There is nothing worse in this world then a short man and his attitude. They are never taken seriously in life. I give her props on this one. He shouldn't have lied. It's her life, and she can do whatever she wants. It's just like you guys not wanting to date fat women and how you repeatedly make fun of them, think their disgusting, etc. Height is a major attraction spark for a woman. She wants to be dominated and taken care of. Not look down and kiss her man.

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She has to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

When he wakes up in the morning, he is half an inch taller. His shoe adds another inch and a half. There 5'8". I don't see a problem here.

Wanna talk about fraud? Women has at their disposal: padded bra, padded panties (bigger ass), fake eye lashes, high heels, MAKEUP, hair extension....

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women assume themselves entitled to the "False Advertising" industry.

Well, they can have it.

But in truth, if she had caught feelings for the guy, his overstatement would have been overlooked.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
Women assume themselves entitled to the "False Advertising" industry.

Well, they can have it.

But in truth, if she had caught feelings for the guy, his overstatement would have been overlooked.

Right on the money!!!

Is this lying and would it constitute the same response as in the dating story? I am probably 5'6 1/2" and with shoes with moderate heels I hit 5'7". So I state I am 5'7". I go up a half inch. I see that as being just. But when a woman says she is average and comes in at 50lbs over weight, I see that is wrong!!

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most guys lie about their height on dating sites. Men lie about their height for the same reasons women lie about their age and weight. This sort of reminds me of playing high school football when the coaches would inflate player's height and weight on their stats page in order to make it seem as though they had bigger players than they really had.

From what I've seen many men willl usually inflate their height by 2 inches. Take a guy who is 5'10 and put him in dress shoes with 2 inch heels and he's now 6 feet tall on the dating site hehe.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Falcon25 said:
You have to understand that height is very important to a woman in a man. It's almost as important as our demand for loyalty. I don't blame her here at all. There is nothing worse in this world then a short man and his attitude. They are never taken seriously in life. I give her props on this one. He shouldn't have lied. It's her life, and she can do whatever she wants. It's just like you guys not wanting to date fat women and how you repeatedly make fun of them, think their disgusting, etc. Height is a major attraction spark for a woman. She wants to be dominated and taken care of. Not look down and kiss her man.

why can't a guy who's "short" take care of a woman or be taken seriously in life? just because a guys a certain height doesn't mean he can tale care of himself or anyone else for that matter. not all guys that are "short" have a Napolean complex you know.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert28 said:
why can't a guy who's "short" take care of a woman or be taken seriously in life? just because a guys a certain height doesn't mean he can tale care of himself or anyone else for that matter. not all guys that are "short" have a Napolean complex you know.
^^^^^^^^^^^^Times our national debt^^^^^^^^^

I have dated several women taller than me because I am of short stature, but I am known for handling mine!!!! Women that happen to be taller than I am pose no threat to me. I am quite used to the taller ones and have come to appreciate it. Sure I wish I were taller, but I work with what I got!

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I should claim to be 6', since I get 2" deducted automatically? This is like the cold war. My my my.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to understand that height is very important to a woman in a man.
I agree that one thing this shows is that height is important to women, they are generally more attracted to tall men.
You wouldn't think she would make such a fuss over two inches though.