Why Mystery has so much success

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
too bad you guys still dont understand that Mystery acting the way he did IS HIS OWN NATURAL GAME

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the problem. It's his own. Just cuz it works for him naturally, doesn't mean it'll work for someone else naturally. :p

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
his message is to develop a likeable fun personality and then project it in your pickups!!

in other words, dont be a depressed AFC whos hitting on girls without even having any fun with it!!!

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
if playing (and trying to succeed) in all those games that the girl in that video made Mystery go through is your idea of fun......do I need to finish?

you dont think Mystery was having fun there?

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
AFC Savior said:
you dont think Mystery was having fun there?
Only because he's good at pickup and knew he'd get her. So fun and outcome dependance are always linked. It's never been any different.

MM

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJoseCantosie said:
That's the problem. It's his own. Just cuz it works for him naturally, doesn't mean it'll work for someone else naturally. :p
Try to look past how he does what he does and look at what he is doing and try to understand why he's doing it.

Last edited:

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol @ this thread...

Why does everything have to be considered stage and why does everyone have something negative to say. I didn't see anything wrong with that whole set. He actually plowed it well.

The chick isn't giggling and jumping all over the place because he doesn't really use buying temperature based game. This guy sucks chicks into his reality because he is intriguing.

This set was well done, and you can tell he is very calibrated.

While I don't like MM because of a few flaws, I still respect Mystery. Behind all the marketing hype, his fame, whatever, the man has game period.

There is alot of subtle stuff going on. It's around 50secs that she basically starts settling in the set.

Overall I like this one...

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahhh! Mystery Method, believe it or not, isn't about routines. It's just based on the idea that women respond to social value as much, if not more, than they do looks. When Mystery Method is done right, you're the coolest guy in the entire bar, even if you'll have lots of haters who say you sound like a nasal chick or w/e. Mystery is a friggin genius, though, and what he says about social value is really spot on.

Neil Strauss is just the perfect example. He has a nasal voice, he's actually more effeminate, yet the guy gets some pretty hot chicks (yes, I know Leveridge divorced him, but he also banged her, so stfu player-haters). It's not cause of his looks, but the fact that he knows how to present himself as a socially valuable individual. Women want to marry up on the social scale, NOT down on the social scale.

Are women sexually attracted to men who are higher in social value? Debatable. Some women marry rich wall-street dudes and bang their pool-boys. Do women want to be around guys who are interesting? Duh.

I think people just hate Mystery Method because they don't really understand what point he's trying to get across.

Evolution

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It went down very textbook style: negs, takeaway, disqualifiers, kino, **** tests... Mystery played it very well. Classic Mystery Method.

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good approach, but not good example for the new guys like me, cuz the stuck up bytch was obviously not choosin, enough said.

p.s. why are you guys arguing whether its fake or not? Open ur eyes: look at the guy closer to the camera: another guy tries to move him with his hand like 3-4 times as if to say "stop blocking the camera" wow.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not rocket science.

Make yourself as hot as possible. Wear a suit that makes you stand out. Work out 5x a week. Get a haircut and maybe some facial hair that makes you look more masculine. Get a tan, too.

After that go into a club and just start talking to a chick, don't compliment her and ask her about her life and voila, you can take her home.

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol Chris, notice how mystery has none of these: probably does not work out, isnt tan, doesnt look masculine, dressed like a parrot... this n!gga look like he just escaped from the zoo... but hey hes doing his thing so good for him

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJVladdy said:
Lol Chris, notice how mystery has none of these: probably does not work out, isnt tan, doesnt look masculine, dressed like a parrot... this n!gga look like he just escaped from the zoo... but hey hes doing his thing so good for him
I highly doubt Mystery pulls a lot of smoking hot women. He pulls the cute and average chicks. Don't believe the hype.

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
I highly doubt Mystery pulls a lot of smoking hot women. He pulls the cute and average chicks. Don't believe the hype.

dont set your standards so high that u'll end up single and lonely forever

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the same dude in the Game who was crying like a baby because he couldn't handle having a girlfriend right?

He is smooth at pick-up though, no doubt about that.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
It's not rocket science.

Make yourself as hot as possible. Wear a suit that makes you stand out. Work out 5x a week. Get a haircut and maybe some facial hair that makes you look more masculine. Get a tan, too...
What did Mystery do out of all of that other than wearing a koala on his head in order to stand out?

Evolution

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
What did Mystery do out of all of that other than wearing a koala on his head in order to stand out?
He used the Social Sciences of Psychology/Sociology, and applied it to picking up women. And surprisingly..it works.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evolution said:
He used the Social Sciences of Psychology/Sociology, and applied it to picking up women. And surprisingly..it works.
That was apparent but ChrizZ said that all you need to do is "Make yourself as hot as possible. Wear a suit that makes you stand out. Work out 5x a week. Get a haircut and maybe some facial hair that makes you look more masculine. Get a tan, too..." And Mystery didn't do any of those things.