Why Mystery has so much success

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZzjExe0XsA

a perfect example of a girl who was seemingly no interest

however, her non-interest stems simply from her not knowing who the **** the guy that is talking to her is, so why should she care to give him her time and attention????

Mystery Method, the whole point of it is to teach guys to realize that when a girl SEEMS to act disinterested, the problem actually is, is that in 21st centruy america, girls do not want to talk to strangers - they hate them and are scared of them. A girl can think you are very hot and nice, and still not want to talk to you, cuz who knows, you might end up raping her

Mystery Method helps to add fun, humor, and an overall positive vibe when dealing with a woman - Mystery Method works because IT IS FUN AND LIGHT HEARTED!!!!

when a geek tries to do what Mystery does, he might come off creepy/awkward because he is faking a persona, this is why there are so many haters of Mystery

the FACT is, Mystery is a magician, and he acts like one, with every word he says, he knows what he is doing, he is also very confident and does not give a fcuk what a girl tells him

If some of you could just read into why and how the Mystery Method REALLY works, you'd end up picking up tons and tons of girls the same way, and you wouldnt complain at how much Mystery sucks

and oh yea, Mystery is a good looking guy in the eyes of most cute chicks, and that absolutely helps too. You know how he got there? By not being a fatass who eats too much, by getting a peircing (girls love peircings on guys), and by dressing in a unique style THAT HE LOVES that draws attention to him

Mystery knows what he is doing, you just need to process his information PROPERLY

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
oh yea, and in that video, notice the confident sexual eye contact - Gunwitch

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry my man, your post had a ton of insight, as do most of your posts, but that seemed staged to me. Look how close the camera was, and no one seems to notice it.

She wasn't even laughing at his jokes or smiling at the beginning, and yet she carried on the conversation, still asking questions. Most girls give the one word answers and show as many IODs as possible. IMO, he sounded kinda gay, the eyeliner and outfit....was he trying to peacock? Well maybe it worked. Works for him. Not for me. Girls have never been attracted to nerds either, and everything about him shouted "Confident Nerd." Confident nerds get play, but not from attractive girls. The girls in this video weren't that attractive. They were cute, but nothing special. A confident nerd can get that....if the girl knows him. He appeared as a total stranger, exuded a total "creepy dude trying to mess with you" aura.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That guy came off creepy and awkward to me. He also dressed like a complete douchebag. Granted I'm not a chick. But if I was, I would have walked away.

I'd prefer to act normal and pick up women.

Not to take away from what the guy has accomplished, it obviously works. But what I just saw in that video, definitely not for me.

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with this to an extent. Mystery's method can work its just the problem with it, imo, is that it relies too much on outer game rather than developing inner game first. Also, why go use routines? Its pointless. The girl will like u regardless if used them or not. In my opinion, routines are just meant to help u get better interacting and relaxing(Training wheels). I have to give him credit, his stuff he talks about really is GOOD and he knows what he's talking about for social settings. But He gives u the impression that u still aren't good enough to get her and u have TO DO THIS ROUTINE OR THAT, to get her interest, where in fact u already are good enough and are interesting enough. Sometimes ur hurting urself more using routines than not, in my opinion.

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
Sorry my man, your post had a ton of insight, as do most of your posts, but that seemed staged to me.

She wasn't even laughing at his jokes or smiling, and yet she carried on the conversation, still asking questions. Most girls give the one word answers and show as many IODs as possible. IMO, he sounded kinda gay, the eyeliner and outfit....was he trying to peacock? Well maybe it worked. Works for him. Not for me.

i mean, there is always a chance its fake

you could say that about any cold approach video on youtube

ive had situations like this before though, that is why I believe this video was real

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
DonJoseCantosie said:
I have to agree with this to an extent. Mystery's method can work its just the problem with it, imo, is that it relies too much on outer game rather than developing inner game first. Also, why go use routines? Its pointless. The girl will like u regardless if used them or not. In my opinion, routines are just meant to help u get better interacting and relaxing(Training wheels). I have to give him credit, his stuff he talks about really is GOOD and he knows what he's talking about for social settings. But He gives u the impression that u still aren't good enough to get her and u have TO DO THIS ROUTINE OR THAT, to get her interest, where in fact u already are good enough and are interesting enough. Sometimes ur hurting urself more using routines than not, in my opinion.

he didnt use routines - he did things that HE came up with, he was acting 100% like himself, it was natural game, he developed it over the years, and here you see him using it

he also made eye contact like a crazy mofo, in case you didnt notice the way she was looking at him during pauses in the convo

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
DoctorLW said:
That guy came off creepy and awkward to me. He also dressed like a complete douchebag. Granted I'm not a chick. But if I was, I would have walked away.

I'd prefer to act normal and pick up women.

Not to take away from what the guy has accomplished, it obviously works. But what I just saw in that video, definitely not for me.

She could have left if he was so creepy - most girls do that in a club/bar situation, been there done that when i was learning the game

hes dressed like a magician because he IS a magician

he acted like himself, he was being his normal fun unique self, THAT is what worked, and THAT is the message of the Mystery Method - it is to intrigue the girl with your own personality!!!!

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Primarily because he is in the same race and class as her. Looks, height, game, personality, tricks etc. add the icing on the cake to the pickup.

MM

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These things are just natural to "him". Not most other people learning. I mean, seriously, how many guys are magician's out there or have his exact personality type? I fail to see how he "doesn't" use routines and is completely natural.

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AFC Savior said:
She could have left if he was so creepy - most girls do that in a club/bar situation, been there done that when i was learning the game

hes dressed like a magician because he IS a magician

he acted like himself, he was being his normal fun unique self, THAT is what worked, and THAT is the message of the Mystery Method - it is to intrigue the girl with your own personality!!!!
If this were true, than why does he teach "routines" if u could use ur own personality and that going up to her with ur true intention in my mind(that u like her) is a bad idea?

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
DonJoseCantosie said:
These things are just natural to "him". Not most other people learning. I mean, seriously, how many guys are magician's out there or have his exact personality type? I fail to see how he "doesn't" use routines and is completely natural.

what is a routine? it is something that you copy after seeing someone else do it

well Mystery always does his own lines, that HE created

if shyt that he says gets the pvssy most of the time, then why not re-use it over and over???? lol

I also always end up doing the same things for the most part every time I end up fcuking a new girl, I even use the same little jokes, such as:

when we sit down on a couch or bed when hanging out, if there is too much space in between us, I have used this line: "so, when is your friend coming??" and she says "what friend" and i say "the one thats gonna sit right there" (pointing to the extra spot between us lol).......and then I come in closer and put my arm around her and we both have a quick laugh about the joke - it works every time

so, is that a routine that i use? NO, its a line that always works - BIG DIFFERENCE

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
DonJoseCantosie said:
If this were true, than why does he teach "routines" if u could use ur own personality and that going up to her with ur true intention in my mind(that u like her) is a bad idea?

he teaches starter routines for guys who have NO IDEA what they are doing - just to get them out of the house and actually talking to girls - ANY experience is GOOD exprience

the guys use his routines just to get over their fear of approaching - its easier to overcome fear when you already know what to say - however you cant expect results from it until you get so much experience, that you shift away from using Mystery's lines and can come up with your own method

Mystery Method basically says to project your personality on the girl.......and if you have NO personality, then at least try to develop one using Mystery's lines as a temporary crutch (key word = TEMPORARY)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AFC Savior said:
he didnt use routines - he did things that HE came up with, he was acting 100% like himself, it was natural game, he developed it over the years, and here you see him using it

he also made eye contact like a crazy mofo, in case you didnt notice the way she was looking at him during pauses in the convo
I'm not going to take anything away from Mystery but that wasn't the best video to show what his theory is all about. I don't think it was staged but there were portions edited out although it does show that he's persistent.

The thing that really stuck out was that the the girl didn't start to show any interest until he told her that he was a magician. Maybe she was more interested in what he did as to who he was but then again she was barely in college. Whatever it was, he didn't really start playing his game until then.

He rolled from c/f to neg-hits to push pull to ignoring to winning over her girlfriend to telling her about her "true self," one right after the other. That was fun to watch and say "Yep, I do that... Yep, I do that... Yep, I do that..."

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a line that use all the time is a routine. If it gets u laid lot, great if its all u care about, but the idea of mystery method is to show ur interest AFTER she shows hers first....which is a big flaw...u can spend too much needed time to find out if she has ANY interest whatsoever. Also, in part of his teachings...he mentions that if a girl shows interest too early that ur not doing something right? I'll show u the page if i can find it and that u HAVE TO neg a girl. =-o.

Now what if many girls hear that same line u pull. What will u do then? Thats the flaw of the mystery method, too much based on routine-game. You personally did well with it, which i congrulate you for. The majority of the men i've known of used it, they aren't that natural using it.

I believe natural game is better than Mystery Method hands down, eventho MM is more popular cuz its easier.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AFC Savior said:
he teaches starter routines for guys who have NO IDEA what they are doing - just to get them out of the house and actually talking to girls - ANY experience is GOOD exprience

the guys use his routines just to get over their fear of approaching - its easier to overcome fear when you already know what to say - however you cant expect results from it until you get so much experience, that you shift away from using Mystery's lines and can come up with your own method

Mystery Method basically says to project your personality on the girl.......and if you have NO personality, then at least try to develop one using Mystery's lines as a temporary crutch (key word = TEMPORARY)
Yeah, guys need to see some type of immediate payoff in order to believe that something works and canned lines are enough to allow even the biggest AFC at least a toe in the door. By the way, what ever happened to that guy Cosmo who won on Mystery's show? Did he get another acting gig?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AFC Savior said:
we can always google Cosmo's name and see what happened, right? lol
You know what? I tried that and nothing came up! :whistle:

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how is that a pick up? cuz he kissed her goodbye and thats it? yea she was intrigued by him like a five year old is intrigued by a clown. i didnt see any signs of IOI in her, this shows nothing to me...

i could've been making out with her in 5 min. lol. ok that was kind of a joke.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sandow it was a kiss close it shows that he could have easily gone further by pulling her number, setting up for a date, etc etc. The fact that she kissed him (assuming this wasnt staged, even though I think it is staged) shows a huge IOI in and of itself. I completely agree with you though Sandow, ignoring the kiss-close, I didn't see any IOIs AT ALL, except for the "Reallyyyy, ur a magician? OMG entertain me clown!"

I'm with DonJoseCantosie...I think Natural Game is overall better. MM seems to only work on the mindless barsluts, who have to have a c*ckblocker friend to stop themselves from sleeping with every mildly attractive guy with confidence that comes along her way...everywhere else seems too unpredictable to rely on routines...I know alot of attractive women who would call off his routine in an instant, or use his magic tricks for just that...entertainment. If you take away that psychological evaluation he pulled, I don't see how he could have increased interest without this whole thing being staged.

On his defense though, he did do neg hits ("who the hell are you missie?" -- it was a certified neg-hit, but seemed an AFC-ish way to approach a sh1t test) and the ignoring and winning over her friend only made it all the more deadly :D.