Why do much, much older men on dating sites....

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: ::

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Wyldfire's just trying to push her pro-female, feminist belief system on us. Like another poster said, all women are feminist since society is feminist. Plus she likes attention and to argue. Here's a tip, most guys don't like opinionated, argumentative women. There's another strike against Wyldfire.

Anyway every time she post something I find a bunch of holes in her theory and points I disagree with, and when you counterpoint she either ignores the points or just goes on a tangent twisting the argument around. It sounds like she's making sense but it's really just her rambling, illogical, unrelated and never-ending arguing to prove herself right. That's what discussing something with a women gets you. I got to give her credit for at least trying to discuss an issue, she isn't quick to get nasty and she's patient, most women are even that..Point is women can't stay on point and they personalize evrything., so like the other poster said you can't reason with women.

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on guys, the last thing we need is ANOTHER thread for Wyldfyre to spout her garbage.

Do we really care what a 40 year old divorcee thinks? Does anybody here have any interest in her?

I think this is the most attention this woman has had in 20 years that is why she keeps coming back for more. Even if it is not positive attention.

My advice is just ignore her.. and don't give her a forum to repeat her nonsense.

cinephile

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is still going on?

When it comes down to it, attractive women should expect guys to hit on them constantly. That is just the way it. It does not matter how they look, how old they are, how much money they make, whether they are married or not, Guys will try to get with hot girls period. Its like gravity.

What this means is that the concept of age diference is really a moot arguement for a male. Trying to argue about maturity levels is irrelevant. If a girl is of age and consents to a relationship with a "older man" that that is the end of it. The same goes for older women who actively pursue younger men.

While I don't doubt excessive age diferences are probably not the best thing in a long term relationship, there are times when it is needed. People are diferent, age only gives one an approximate idea of where they are maturity wise.

Tboner

Don Juan
Reaction score
And what, exactly, does a 38 year old man have in common with a girl whose still all giddy about her high school prom? - Wyldfire

They may have more in common that he does with a 38 year old women searching for a provider to help raise her 4 kids.

I have found a few young women to be responsible, caring, mature, willing to learn, hardworking. If a 38 year old guy is looking for a LTR or wife, it's wise to be open to any age. At age 20, virtually none of the women are married, so it's easier to get a quality one. By the time they get to his age, the available ones are usually available for a reason.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by ketostix
Wyldfire's just trying to push her pro-female, feminist belief system on us. Like another poster said, all women are feminist since society is feminist. Plus she likes attention and to argue. Here's a tip, most guys don't like opinionated, argumentative women. There's another strike against Wyldfire.

Anyway every time she post something I find a bunch of holes in her theory and points I disagree with, and when you counterpoint she either ignores the points or just goes on a tangent twisting the argument around. It sounds like she's making sense but it's really just her rambling, illogical, unrelated and never-ending arguing to prove herself right. That's what discussing something with a women gets you. I got to give her credit for at least trying to discuss an issue, she isn't quick to get nasty and she's patient, most women are even that..Point is women can't stay on point and they personalize evrything., so like the other poster said you can't reason with women.
The next time someone on here wrongfully calls me a feminist I'm seriously going to post links to this forum on every feminist forum google turns up so you can see what REAL feminists are really like.

It's kind of difficult to NOT personalize things on here when so many of you feel compelled to make personal attacks on me rather than debate the points I make like adults.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tboner
And what, exactly, does a 38 year old man have in common with a girl whose still all giddy about her high school prom? - Wyldfire

They may have more in common that he does with a 38 year old women searching for a provider to help raise her 4 kids.

I have found a few young women to be responsible, caring, mature, willing to learn, hardworking. If a 38 year old guy is looking for a LTR or wife, it's wise to be open to any age. At age 20, virtually none of the women are married, so it's easier to get a quality one. By the time they get to his age, the available ones are usually available for a reason.
Most women my age who are raising children by themselves are fully capable of doing that by themselves. It's a myth that older women with children are looking for someone to take care of her. We're typically quite capable of taking care of ourselves and our own children, thanks. Hell, I have 4 kids, don't get any child support at all and we live in a very nice two story home in one of the wealthiest towns in my state. Oh...and NO, nothing my family has was in any way, shape or form provided (or even financially contributed to) by anyone other than myself.

Furthermore...if a guy who wants to get married and have children hasn't managed to get a woman to marry him by the time he's 38 there's usually a reason why he hasn't been able to get one. That argument works two ways, you know.

A word of warning about the very young women...
even ones that appear to be "high quality" at a young age haven't yet had a chance to go through the "growing up" phase that every woman needs to experience. This typically doesn't happen until a woman is 25 or later. I'm speaking from experiencee. I married when I was 18...all in love with the idea of being in love. Girls that age have no idea what love is. When they get tied down that young they miss out on their youth. It's pretty universal for those girls to go through a period of time where they want to experience those things that getting married stole from them. Very, very few women today who marry so young stay married. Women that young have NO clue what they are doing, and once they figure it out, more often than not, if they have married they discover it was a big mistake and are gone.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Just some interesting facts about those who marry young.

I'm sure the percentages are even higher now, ten years later. Doesn't look so good for anyone looking to marry women under 25...especially those 18 and 19 year olds.

Percentage of people that married under the age of 20 who eventually get divorced as of 1995:
40%

Percentage of people that married over the age of 25 who eventually get divorced as of 1995:
24%

Percentage of people who have ever been married by the age of 25:
Males: 32%
Females: 50%

http://www.divorcemag.com/statistics/statsUS.shtml

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire

A word of warning about the very young women...
even ones that appear to be "high quality" at a young age haven't yet had a chance to go through the "growing up" phase that every woman needs to experience. This typically doesn't happen until a woman is 25 or later. I'm speaking from experiencee.
Same can be said about the young men you claim to attract.

PoS

Don Juan
Reaction score
dont listen to this dried up, bitter old hag. my cousin's 33 and he's engaged to a 24 yr old. he met her when she was 22. and you are full of ****. are u telling me that in 3 years, i'll be too old to date 19 yr olds????? are u crazy? i was born in 1983. 1983 vs 1989 .. 6 years difference. hell, we're both born in the 80's too. big ****ing deal.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gangster Of Love

Same can be said about the young men you claim to attract.

I won't date men younger than 27 now. And I won't date just "any" guy that age, either. He has to be mature and have his head on straight. Aside from that, I am NOT looking for a husband. I have no interest in ever getting married again. These guys are talking about marrying women under 25 and girls 18 and 19 years old. If you're honest with yourself, you have to realize that an older man marrying such a young female doesn't have a very good chance of lasting beyond a few years. Once those girls begin to get older they realize that they made a mistake, have regrets about missing out on their youth and desperately want to try to recapture it.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by PoS
dont listen to this dried up, bitter old hag. my cousin's 33 and he's engaged to a 24 yr old. he met her when she was 22. and you are full of ****. are u telling me that in 3 years, i'll be too old to date 19 yr olds????? are u crazy? i was born in 1983. 1983 vs 1989 .. 6 years difference. hell, we're both born in the 80's too. big ****ing deal.
I'm saying that 18 and 19 year old girls typically aren't emotionally mature enough for a man considerably older than she is. She's still a kid and isn't even old enough to legally go out for a beer or have a glass of wine with dinner. Physically, there is not a significant difference between females who are 18 or 19 and ones who are 21. There is a significant EMOTIONAL difference, though. Much older men, especially those 30 or over who pursue 18 or 19 year old girls are pursuing them rather than the 21 year olds BECAUSE of that emotional immaturity. Those young girls are easier to take advantage of and trick. I've seen MANY 30+ men who go after these girls come right out and say that the reason they want to get a girl that age is because they want to "mold" her into what he thinks she should be. Sorry...but that IS predatory and taking advantage of a young person and it's quite gross. It also says an awful lot about the type of men who seek to do this. They always have control issues, low self esteem and a serious lack in the morality department. A 6 year difference isn't that bad. It's probably not a great idea for you to date 18 or 19 year olds at your age unless they are very mature for their age and you aren't looking to rush them into marriage and having babies.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
That's pure BS wyldfire. Explain to me how a guy that's say 30 is in anyway necessarily being more predatory or more wrong for wanting to date an 18-21 year old than a guy her age would be? On second thought don't try to explain it. You're generalizing males and your passing that tired ol' anti-male belief system,i.e., you're saying essentially that what most males are naturally attracted to is some perversion. I'd say people who argue against nature are the ones perverted.Also you said there's a reason (insinuating something derogatory) that guys are single with no kids in their 30's..Yeah the real reason usually is they were nice decent guys. If some older guys want an older barren woman that's fine, but for you to disparage every guy that wants a younger woman just shows your biases.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by ketostix
That's pure BS wyldfire. Explain to me how a guy that's say 30 is in anyway necessarily being more predatory or more wrong for wanting to date an 18-21 year old than a guy her age would be? On second thought don't try to explain it. You're generalizing males and your passing that tired ol' anti-male belief system,i.e., you're saying essentially that what most males are naturally attracted to is some perversion. I'd say people who argue against nature are the ones perverted.Also you said there's a reason (insinuating something derogatory) that guys are single with no kids in their 30's..Yeah the real reason usually is they were nice decent guys. If some older guys want an older barren woman that's fine, but for you to disparage every guy that wants a younger woman just shows your biases.
I have said nothing about older men being attracted to 18 and 19 year olds. However, there is a huge difference between attraction and pursuit of those girls. And again...most much older men who pursue those girls are just as attracted to a 21 year old woman as they are an 18 or 19 year old girl. However, those men even put the 20 and 21 year olds in a different category themselves because they KNOW there is a significant difference. They go after the TEEN ages because they view it as some kind of "conquest"...breaking in the little girl, "training" her, "molding" her. THAT is what makes it so perverted and gross.

And I only implied that men over 30 who haven't been married yet are flawed because someone said that first about women. Stop being hypocritical...it won't fly with me and I will point that hypocrisy out every time.

I'm not biased at all. I don't think women over 30 have any business messing with 18 and 19 year old boys, either. I find it just as disgusting regardless of the gender because it IS predatory. It's only a bias if I think the rules should be different for women than they should be for men, and that is NOT what I'm saying at all.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just some interesting facts about those who marry young.

I'm sure the percentages are even higher now, ten years later. Doesn't look so good for anyone looking to marry women under 25...especially those 18 and 19 year olds.

Percentage of people that married under the age of 20 who eventually get divorced as of 1995:
40%

Percentage of people that married over the age of 25 who eventually get divorced as of 1995:
24%

Percentage of people who have ever been married by the age of 25:
Males: 32%
Females: 50%

These stats are worthless considering that 50% of people are below average intelligence.

And even average intelligence people are stupid.

*bow*

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't even look at the job or income. This is the basic order of what I look at...

1. photo
2. marital status
3. age
4. distance away from where I live
5. make sure they don't list "intimate encounters" as what they are there for.
6. their attitude towards children
7. body type
8. drinking, smoking and drug habits
9. what they write in the essay section

The following things on a profile will lead to a definite rejection:

1. I don't find them visually attractive.
2. they are separated, married or in a relationship
3. Under 27 or 28 or over 45
4. lives over 30 miles from where I live.
5. if it in any way sounds like they are trolling to bed as many women as possible.
6. They make any negative comments about kids.
7. If they are fat (a few extra pounds is ok but I've seen seriously obese men list themselves as "a few extra pounds"...so MY version of a few extra pounds, not theirs.)
8. If they drink regularly, do any drugs or chain smoke.
9. If they can't spell, use "women" when they should use "woman" (big pet peeve), don't write anything at all, don't punctuate or form paragraphs...or are painfully boring to read. Oh, and if they come across like a jackass...

I honestly don't care how much money a guy makes or what he drives or does for work.
I just had to bring up this old thread to make another point.

Wyldfire list all her requirements for a man above.......interestingly enough incarceration doesn't exclude one from being a perfect match, but your drinking habits do !!!

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do people email those whose stated criteria they don't meet?

Because they're foolish and unrealistic, that's why!

If you want to trump the "laundry list," sarge in person!!!

When I had a go at the online thing, I made it a point to avoid writing women who stated any criteria I did not meet. Even if I had the wrong hair color...

Funny thing is, some women whose criteria I didn't match wrote me.

So if you do the online thing, don't state any criterion unless you really mean it.

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a man who just crossed the border from 45 to 46, I would say I just looked in the mirror and I don't look any different from the last 5 years.

I've never bothered with online dating much. When I look though I always shudder at profiles where the woman gives a list of all her strict requirements. I conclude that the clipboard tick a box Nazi would be a real horror to deal with so looks would not override that feeling.

I would expect that if DiedFire put up her honest list of requirements in her profile, the respondents would feel the same.

When I see, Please Read my requirements carefully it means to me, scroll on, scroll on.