Why do much, much older men on dating sites....

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Looking good for your age

Originally posted by swampwiz
There is the reason for the Moslem rule of marrying - a woman's age should be half the man's age plus 7. A woman of 38 thus corresponds to a man of 62.

You are about to reach the age and condition of dating hell - that of the 40's aged mother. You are going to find that the men in your age range are still only interested in the younger women, and you may have to bump up your age range to find a big enough pool of men.
I always thought it was the French (half + 7), here's a handy and fun calculator (disregard the whiney rant):
http://www.lura.net/03/romance/default.asp?birthYear=1970&buttonAction=Go!

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Looking good for your age

WyldFire, I take it that you are late 30's, and with a child. And for a woman at that age, you still have a decent figure, and so you consider yourself attractive. I think you may be wondering why men your age are not interested in you seriously.

Like I said before, men your age who have never had a child, or even a long marriage, don't want a woman whose best years have already been used up. We want to have that woman who has not been used up first - at least once. You may hear of someone's friend who is your age and single. But you will find that he is thinking of a new bride who can give him his own family, so he will not consider you at all.

I think the key is that men in their 50's have always reasonsed that an attractive 30's single mother has always been attainable, and they don't mind trading in having someone else's kids around for the increase in youth and beauty of the wife. There is the reason for the Moslem rule of marrying - a woman's age should be half the man's age plus 7. A woman of 38 thus corresponds to a man of 62.

You are about to reach the age and condition of dating hell - that of the 40's aged mother. You are going to find that the men in your age range are still only interested in the younger women, and you may have to bump up your age range to find a big enough pool of men.
I actually don't have any problems at all with men my own age. Most of them have already been married and have children of their own, too. I am anti-marriage, so I don't want anything to do with a man who is looking to marry and have kids.

I won't bump up my age range. I'm perfectly content being single. I'd rather stay single then settle for someone I'm not attracted to.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by johnny_dangerously
I too am a bit snozzled by the tone of your posts. (I say "snozzled" because I can't think of the right word, so I made one up :) I am 35 and have seen attractive women aged 45, 55, and even 60. (Not many, mind you, but some). But you are vomiting into the keyboard at the very thought of the number 50--"Yecch! Ick! Blecch!" The previous poster has a point--have you not had to make any concessions to compensate for all the baggage you come with? Are the Brad Pitts of the world really lined up at your door? Good grief, even George Clooney is too ugly for you. Are you able to get what you want with standards that, as far as I can tell, are over the moon?
I'm not here looking for a man. I'm here to give honest and open comments regarding women. The men I've been with are treated like kings and spoiled rotten. They never even have a chance to crave sex because my drive is usually stronger than theirs. I don't cheat and I'm an anti-feminist. I look damn good, too.

Just as most men aren't attracted to fat women, I am not attracted to older men. I never have been. What you are attracted to is not something you can control or choose. And yes, I am able to attract what I'm attracted to. Would YOU settle for someone you weren't attracted to? Of course not...then why should I?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
exactly...many young chicks have said to me that they would fvck Clooney in a second. but no, even George Clooney is yucky to wyldfire.

glad you're happy being single, because you will remain single (and alone) for the rest of your life unless you wake up and realize that you are way past your prime and have a lot of baggage.

i'm shaking my head.
I'm not attracted to George Clooney. I'm not attracted to Brad Pitt, either. Doesn't mean they're bad guys...they just do absolutely nothing for me.

I'm actually not "way past my prime"...I look a hell of a lot better now than I did when I was 18 to 28. I didn't even blossom until I was about 30. I still get hit on by guys not even old enough to buy beer. That's way too young for me, but I still attract those guys. The younger guys I attract are hot, too. I'm single by choice. See, when I get involved in a relationship I give 100 percent. I've never had a guy be unhappy with me as a partner with the exception of the psycho ex...but he's crazy, so that's to be expected.

It would be one thing if I were a total biotch who treated men like crap, spent all their money, wasn't happy with anything, didn't appreciate them and wouldn't have sex, complained all the time, etc. But I'm not like that at all. I give them more sex than they can handle, cook, clean, give random massages without being asked, am very low-maintenance, thrifty, don't biotch or complain and I make it a point to notice all the guy does and make it know that it's appreciated. Any attractive woman who treats a man this way is a damn good catch...even if she is divorced and has children.

If I end up single for the rest of my life, that's fine by me, too. Unlike most women, I am not needy. If I'm going to have a man in my life, it will be because I WANT him. I'll never "need" someone. And I'll never be "alone". I have 4 children and we're a very close family.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
i don't believe that for one second. you have a lot of nerve saying that, or you're living in a fantasy world, or you think we're all idiots here, or you have practically zero dating experience. which is it?

EVERY CHICK who is 39 and has even some dating experience has been dumped.

that is a keg o' doggy doo doo, and i'll bet you 5 billion dollars that you ARE NOT nearly as hot and attractive as your subtle implication indicates.

like i said, you are the exact reason why i avoid chicks my age (like you).

shaking my head again, princess. this is truly a sad state, but is a glaring example of a late 30's woman, who on the one hand is so attractive that she's never been dumped and gets marriage proposals from EVERY MAN she's EVER dated, but on the other hand has resorted to online dating, projecting 100% negativity, barking orders and requirements of her lap dog to be.

i'm outta this thread...i have to go vomit up my breakfast burrito...good luck with her, guys!
You don't have to believe it...but it's true. I've had 4 relationships that I would qualify as LTR. I was with one guy for a few weeks who lived too far away. Three of the five proposed. One talked about us eventually getting married and now tells people that he almost married me. The other was looking for a wife from the get go. The only relationship that I didn't end was the one with my fiance, who was killed. I don't "date" guys. It's not that I wouldn't...it just never works out that way. What usually happens is that I go out on one date with a guy. If I like him and am attracted to him, I say so and he always immediately asks that I not see anyone else and see him exclusively. If I don't like him and am not attracted to him, I don't see him again.

I know you're ticked off at my attitude about age and probably the casual sex thing...but I'm just being honest. Yes, I'm pretty selective about who I'll get involved with...but again, I treat the men I do get involved with like a KING. It's not like I'm being picky and then treating the guy like sh*t. I treat the men I'm with great, which is why I've never been dumped. What man is going to dump a pretty woman who treats him right and has a higher sex drive than he does who can also cook?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I've never watched "Desperate Housewives"...those kinds of shows don't appeal to me. I'm more interested in the Discovery Channel, TLC and the History Channel. I like the Forensic shows on Court TV, too.

What I find really funny about how you're reacting is that you are acting like I'm someone who thinks I should get everything I want without offering anything in return.

I've repeatedly said that I treat the man I'm with like a King, keep him happy, give him more sex than he can handle, cook for him, give random massages just because I enjoy doing nice things for him, always notice his efforts and show my appreciation.

You may not like to admit it...but men don't dump women who treat them like that.

And why is me preferring younger guys any different than guys preferring younger women or only attractive women with a perfect body? It's NOT any different. People can't help what they are attracted to. I'm NOT attracted to older men. I am attracted to younger men. I have every right to only want to date or get involved with men that I am attracted to. I don't have to settle for someone that I won't and can't be happy with just because you think I should be happy with them. Life doesn't work that way. I'm not telling you that you have to settle for fat and ugly fembots, so why are you trying to impose what you think I should accept onto me?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
wait a minute, i'm not done...this is just tooo easy...

my MOTHER, who is 62 years old, and bless her heart, i love her to death, says the EXACT same thing that wyldfire is saying.

my mommy hasn't been on a date in probably two years. she always says, "i don't want a man my age". of course she can't get one younger. then she rationalizes it in her head by saying, "i'm picky".

that is exactly what you're doing wyldfire.
I'm not 62...I am 39. Huge difference. I do attract younger guys. In fact, In the last few days there have been about 10 guys between the age of 27 and 30 who sent either mail of winks saying "I think you're hot".

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Re: OK, I can see your point a little bit

There are a few men like a good friend of mine, Mike, who is in his early 40's, has never been married, but still has more or less given up on marrying a suitable young woman and startng a family. From his days a football player in high school, he has continued to weight train, but from time to time has gained a bit of weight. When he is on his slender size, he has the height (6'2") and muscular build to be attractive. Of course he is also going quite bald and is an AFC, but he is getting better.

Although he would prefer a woman without baggage, for the right woman, he could go for it. Right now he is concentrating on an early 40's woman that resembles Adrian Barbeau (with no baggage). I could see if you were the aggressor with him, that he would go with you (assuming you are as sexy as you say.) Certainly having a strong and easy flowing sex drive would be essential to keep him. Like he tells me, he really doesn't care to put up with the attitudes of the women 15-20 years his junior. He figures that if he is with an ice queen who plays games, he's just going move on.

I personally have not given up on the young women. What is the point? We can always detour with a ONS with a woman like you, and then get back on track on our primary quest of getting a young, high sexual value woman. There is the Baby Echo generation that is coming of decent dating age, and I have been finding it easier and easier to meet such women. And the fact is that late 30's guys like me and Ulrich, who have taken care of ourselves and look young are saying that we want the young unladen women rather than ones our age. So your options for meeting suitable men are getting worse by the day. And when Ulrich and I are 55, yes, we probably are going to go after the women like you are now.

Really, I wish you well. Maybe 10 years from now, the Social Security crowd will hit on you.
I don't do casual sex...only in an exclusive relationship. I am not big on making things all heavy and serious...but being exclusive is a must.

Okay, just to shut you guys up about what I look like I put a link to 3 photos of me in my signature. The last one is kinda blurry because I moved, but I put it up because it shows a couple of my assets that are very popular with the menfolk.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Voila

Originally posted by ksoileau
You just answered your original question. These older guys can't help being attracted to younger women, and so they email these women. The solution is to simply ignore the emails from men that don't attract you.
Yes, I realize they can't help what they are attracted to. The frustration comes from the fact that I made it very clear in the original profile that I did not want to meet anyone over 45. That age was actually very generous for me because I am rarely attracted to men over 40. It happens once in a blue moon when a guy is very good looking and has taken care of himself...but it doesn't happen very often at all.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Re: These younger guys

Like Ulrich said, these guys are sitting at their computer with a hard-on, and they see Wyldfire and say, "yeah, OK, I could bang her." Now, they will push pretty hard to get inside your uterus, and if you allow them in fast enough, they will stay around. But they will always be on the lookout for something better, and whenever they get it, you will be 2nd string. Sure, when you call, they will come over and service you, but it's only for the sex, not for some long term relationship. Their friends will introduce them to some nice 24 year old, and they will realize that they can have a normal relationship with such a woman.
Again...I don't have sex outside of a relationship. So, unless there is an agreement to be exclusive there will be no sex. If the guy breaks that agreement he loses me, period.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I just checked back on the profile mail...4 contacts from younger guys since I changed the profile to what I posted on here.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
you're cracking me up. get off of your high horse.
Dude...calm the hell down. I'm not on a "high horse". I'm just not attracted to older guys. Chirst Almighty you make it sound like I killed someone or something.

I'll tell you what...you go find an ugly fat radical feminist and date her and I'll date that old guy I am not attracted to.

I'm not complaining that I can't find the type of men I'm attracted to...I have no problem there. I posted what I did because I'm frustrated by the guys who think that when I say I don't want to meet anyone over 45 or who is married that it doesn't apply to them.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
lol...as I said earlier...my past has never had any impact whatsoever on my realtionships. I don't have a negative attitude, either. You guys on here only see a very tiny piece of who I am. I like to debate and argue issues online. I'm not here to find a man...I'm here to be candid, blunt and brutally honest...because it gives you guys a perspective you might not otherwise get.

Sure, the woman from the link you posted is very pretty. She's also obviously very high maintenance, and I would almost guarantee that she's not a very accomodating partner. She probably expects a lot of money spent on her, and by the sound of how much she likes to travel, she probably puts her boyfriend in debt.

So...you have ignored her? Has she contacted you asking for a date or something? Her profile says that she's in a relationship, that's why I ask.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
they want to pump n' dump. your profile reads desperate MILF. you're frustrated, bitter, angry, and lonely. you're easy prey in their eyes.

i'm surprised you don't have 50 of them. i know guys that go exclusively for single mommy's and MILFs. if i wanted to, i could call up 10 chicks just like you and get laid in an hour. but i'm a semi grown up man, i don't do that sh1t anymore.
Apparently you keep missing the fact that I don't do the casual sex thing. I'm very clear about that up front. Believe it or not...most guys out there are actually looking for relationships. The guys here seem to forget about that and mistakenly assume that all men are like the guys on here. They're not, though. Yes, most guys on here are almost exclusively aiming at "pump and dump"....but I don't go for guys like that...and I can spot them a mile away. I just can't respect guys like that...and I don't date men I can't respect.

Oh...and I'm not at all desperate or lonely or bitter. Nothing could be further from the truth.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
web link.........

fire,

Post your web link, so, we can check up out........

cave dweller

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
you're probably right about her. yes, she has contacted me, asking if i'm "real", as in "are you for real". chicks on myspace always say they're in a relationship to scare guys away...but with this one it doesn't make much sense because she's an obvious attention ho. whatever.
Well, she is very pretty...but my first impression was that she was dumb, probably extremely demanding and emotionally draining, a bit of a drama queen and an attention seeker. She likely has a whole lot of "male friends" who buy her things and wait on her hand and foot...and not a one of them are getting sex like they are hoping for.

The way she portrays herself isn't my style. Anyone can dress like a prostitute and put themselves on display for all to see. A lot can be said for modesty. She portrays herself as kinda slvtty. I'm more of a lady. I don't want or need attention from a string of men. I'd much prefer giving my attention to one good man who treats me like the lady I am. But I STILL need to be attracted to him, lol.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Re: web link.........

Originally posted by cave dweller
fire,

Post your web link, so, we can check up out........

cave dweller
Click on the link in my signature.

Reaction score
Wyldfire said: "Just as most men aren't attracted to fat women, I am not attracted to older men. I never have been. What you are attracted to is not something you can control or choose. And yes, I am able to attract what I'm attracted to. Would YOU settle for someone you weren't attracted to? Of course not...then why should I?"

This is something I'm becoming a little concerned about: that ALL of us have attraction standards which are being controlled & chosen by mass media. Then we say, "Why should I settle for anything less than what I'm attracted to?" Bingo: a formula for remaining alone forever. Many women (and some men) I know ARE perpetually alone for the sole reason that they priced themselves out of the market.

I stopped watching TV about 5 years ago & am attempting to disconnect from the popular culture & its standards. BTW, I *HAVE* dated women that I'm sure many men on this site would consider too ugly to even consider.

Here's what I propose: that we open our minds to the possibility of being pleasantly surprised by being attracted to someone who is a little outside the bell curve. i.e. set aside my "standards" and thoughts like "what will my buddies think" & instead just see in an unfiltered way. Think of it like a dog show: all the breeds are different, yet there are beautiful & ugly examples of every breed.

Wyldfire, what will you do when you are 50 or 60 and can no longer attract young men? Will you still insist that 50-YO men are disgusting? I predict your sense of esthetics will have to evolve at some point. If you can get all the young men you want right now, more power to you, but it can't last forever.

Just remember folks, even Jennifer Anniston doesn't look like Jennifer Anniston when she's not on TV!

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, but they don't know that and they don't care. all women say that, it's the standard ASD (anti slut defense). besides, all i have to do is tell you exactly what you want to hear, and i will be in your panties pretty quickly. i can sweet talk my way into just about anything, that's why i'm a successful guy. i sweet talked my way backstage at an Iron Maiden concert a while back, and partied with them! YAY! that's way harder than sweet talking into some chicks panties.

totally agree. the reason why i want a 25 year old is because i want to settle down and have some babies, pretty soon. the math doesn't work with a chick who's 35.

however, pump n' dump ususally works this way: get a chick that you get along with and whom you can fukk regularly, whilst you're out looking for one that's better. when you find a better one, dump the other one. wash, rinse, repeat.

chicks do this all the time too. i'd say more than guys!

the fact is, that's the only real way you can find someone who's perfect (for you). pump n' dump until you have no reason to do it anymore.
Nope, you wouldn't be able to get into my pants. I've had guys I was extremely attracted to spend a long time trying and they failed. I won't have sex with a guy right away. The second you bring sex into a relationship it stunts the growth. Although I do make a guy wait...I don't expect him to spend any money on me at all over that time. I like to make sure he's the kind of guy I want in my life before bringing sex into the equation. Ironically, I quite often end up involved with men that I have first become friends with and know well. Granted, that's not something most women do, but that is what I do. I have to really want to invest my time and energy on a guy before I bring him into my life. Since I'm entirely content and comfortable being single, my will power regarding men is very, very strong.