What every skinny guy should know...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Haha I'm wondering to myself why this post has 5 stars.

Not that it's not good material...it's just that every DJ and their mother posts about how you should "bulk up", work out, get in shape, do bodybuilding, increase testosterone, etc etc...

Then Pook posts it with his usual literary flourish and everyone's like, "OMG BIBLE!!!!~~1111"

If you don't know being big and muscular, as opposed to being scrawny and out-of-shape, helps you with the ladies, then you REALLY need to get back to square 1.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It makes sense, really

Interesting, isn't it, TheInfamousCBear? If you think about it, muscle is built during the recovery period, not during the workout.

If you're still sore, your muscles have not recovered yet, and additional stress will break them down. Anthony Ellis suggests working a particular body part once a week, but it seems like one can't fully isloate body parts, so I go with the full-body workout once a week.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: It makes sense, really

Originally posted by Bonhomme
Interesting, isn't it, TheInfamousCBear? If you think about it, muscle is built during the recovery period, not during the workout.

Yeah, cause sometimes Ill feel really weak, and then when I hit the weights, Im like WTF? When I was working out 3 times a week, my body felt really tight, but I guess now by body got used to it, so there isnt any need for the tightness...

Reaction score
OK - so maybe I ought to bulk up just a little...

I'm about 5'11 and weigh about 199lbs - putting me at a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 16.6kg/m2

Pook's post at the top of this thread describes him as 6'3 weighing 155lbs. So his BMI would have been about 19.4kg/m2

So you can see I'm really REALLY skinny. In spite of this, I'm pretty good looking, and have had a couple of really hot girlfriends. (they were both heavier than me - made them feel pretty insecure LOL!!)

But I've been looking at the SkinnyGuy.net site. Much as I'd love to buy it, Its like $119 to get it all shipped to me in the UK. I can't afford that, so I'm thinking of getting a couple of books instead.

Can anyone recommend any good books on Bulking up?

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sexual_intellectual
OK - so maybe I ought to bulk up just a little...

I'm about 5'11 and weigh about 199lbs - putting me at a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 16.6kg/m2

Pook's post at the top of this thread describes him as 6'3 weighing 155lbs. So his BMI would have been about 19.4kg/m2

So you can see I'm really REALLY skinny. In spite of this, I'm pretty good looking, and have had a couple of really hot girlfriends. (they were both heavier than me - made them feel pretty insecure LOL!!)
You're 199 lbs? And you had hot gfs who were heavier than you? LOL. Did you go out with female bodybuilders or something.

CobaltBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't beat me!

Age 16.5
5ft 11
115lbs

Goddamn i'm skinny and weak, I have an extremely high metabolic rate, and probably don't eat enough... I just never feel hungry.

I'm gonna try the skinnyguy.net diet/regime.

sexual_intellectual, we meet again :p

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
holly **** guys.. eating a lot if very important.. the key is to eat before you are hungry, so bascially you will be eating while you are still kind of full. My metabolism is the fastest i've seen, but that is beacuse i eat non stop usually. Of course my parents ***** about it all the time, but i want to be big.

Eat when you are full, eat more bread with your snadwiches, put 3 slices instead of 2. have an extra potato.. drink plenty of milk...

women LOVE a guy who can hold em tight in their arms.. women want a guy they can feel, not some skeleton who will rattle as they touch him... Do it for yourselves , it will be one of the best things you'll do in this life.

CobaltBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eating when i'm full just makes me feel ill and uncomfortable... :(

I'm gonna search the forums somemore...

Reaction score
Cobalt, indeed we meet again, though you haven't quite beaten me yet! You're probably still growing, you might put on weight in the next 5 years!

Oxide, thanks for your advice, I'll try to eat more, its just without some kind of routine, I just go back to my habits, basically only eating when I feel like eating.

I'm gonna try and get into one this year. If anyone knows books they'd recommend to replace the skinnyguy.net programme, I'd appreciate a PM. Gonna go post in the H&F forum too...

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
John Stone has finished his bulking phase. This should be a huge inspiration to skinny guys everywhere! Pre/post bulking phase pics are on johnstonefitness.com. Not bad for 5 months, huh?

Last edited:

unistork

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm 6'1" and not sure how much I weigh probably 145 but I still think I'm still skinny.

Is it okay to eat even like Pizza when you are trying to gain weight? Basically just eating everything in sight?

Here's a picture of what my arms look like now.

Iguana

Don Juan
Reaction score
Height: 5'7''
Weight: 130lbs

I'm about to start the Ellis program.

Iguana
Peace & Metal

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed this too, as I started working out from my days of video gaming and sitting at home doing nothing - I noticed that girls become more sexually aroused around me.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by unistork
Well I'm 6'1" and not sure how much I weigh probably 145 but I still think I'm still skinny.

Is it okay to eat even like Pizza when you are trying to gain weight? Basically just eating everything in sight?

Here's a picture of what my arms look like now.

No, eating everything in sight will get you mediocre results at best. Come on, you should know better than that. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't, right? ;) With that said, when you're bulking, you simply EAT MORE OF THE *RIGHT* STUFF. The same exact stuff you'd be eating while cutting or maintaining, but more of it. So you still need no more than 20% fat, and the remaining 80% is split up between protein and carbs. Something like 45% protein and 35% carbs should be ideal. And you'd be safe at around 3250 calories.

PYROTAK

Don Juan
Reaction score
6' 1"

Current:
171 lbs
13% body fat.

Full Bulk
~15% body fat

Full Cut
~10-11% body fat

to see your abs you have to be 15%

no im not skinny.

Girls are always like ohhh lalaa what a nice body you have woot!

so yeah guys just hit up the gym its real easy.
www.wannabebigforums.com

has good info there for people who wanna get big :D

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
f*ck me, anyone who is around 6 ft and below 130 you need to realise: You are suffering from malnutrition! That is not a healthy weight for you.

A free (you can pay for personal training) alternative to skinnyguy.net is Iron Addict which I use:
http://www.ironaddicts.com/

PYROTAK

Don Juan
Reaction score
being 6 foot and 130 lbs means that you are like omg a rod.

you need to eat more ****ing food.

there is no such thing as a hard gainer there is only such thing as someone who has a fast metabolism or doesn't eat enough food!

i eat like 3000-4000 calories a day.
a normal person would eat like 2000-2500.

if i wanna gain weight i need 5000+ calories a day.

hmm i rub food :D

edit: never measure BMI its totally useless!

the only good measure of cut ness/fatness is body fat percentage!

Miliaris

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 5.9 ft, 200 lbs now and getting chicks is not a problem.

In May 2004 I was 180 lbs and with a fat tyre around my waist. Then I got rid of the fat (mainly aerobic exercises like biking to bring up my performance) and I was 150 lbs in the beginning of October 2004. Since then I am going to the fitness three times a week, giving everything I've got every time. I have never missed a training. I have said once NO to a HB9 (she wanted to have sex with me) so that I could go to the gym. But gues what... she was more turned on after that. Go figure... Make your trainings second top priority in your life! The first should be your work or school or college. Then comes your fammily, friends and after that - chicks.

So guys set your goal and work to achieve it. My goal is 220 lbs till summer.

Look. If you are 200lbs, then you need 2500 calories a day. Add to this a hour of training, let's say 500 calories. If you want to gain weight, add at least another 600 calories. So you should be eating 3600 - 4000 calories a day. In the diet it should be at least 240g of protein to build up your mussles.
Eat at least five meals a day. The most important is the meal after training. I drink EAS weight gainer.
Second most important is the meal before sleep. Drink at least 50g of protein (mussles are built durring sleep becouse growth hormone is released then).